madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM

i've been writing stories since i was a kid and have already really wanted to write a book, so last year, I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and actually roughly completed a 50,000+ novel. It was really exciting and as a prize for "winning" we got a free bound copy of our novel through createspace.com. I'm doing NaNo again this year in hopes that I can conjure up another book and get it bound. It's really exciting to hold a book you've written in your hands. I've actually had several of my friends and family and even a few strangers read it. They all liked it, which absolutely made my day and definitely encourages me to keep writing.

ExplodingPocky
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Yes, sometimes.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 AM

When I was younger, I actually started writing a book. Eight pages later, I deleted it ;o) But now that I am older.... I was considering majoring in Linguistic Anthropology. Then I thought that the job outlook is pretty bleak, so I changed my major to Forensic Pathology. I might decide to minot in Anthro, and I suppose I would write books on the side. Dunno yet, gotta wait n see where life takes me ;o) Or, maybe I will write my memoirs of being a soldier, or a stripper, or both!

clhsninja
clhsninja
Send a message via Yahoo to clhsninja

Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 AM

i will write a book someday about my everyday life in high school, because its somewhat funny, anything from things exploding to turning class rooms into war zones, this is all true sadly the teachers put up with me because i am a senior

xLelouchXSuzakux
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2009, 01:18 AM

I have actually started my own book and i'm hoping that one day it will get published, being an author is my dream job

alyakcim
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2009, 01:35 AM

Well, yes, of course. I plan to write many, many novels. I major in Creative Writing at my school, and I plan to be a published, at least somewhat known author.

Aria Raye
Mystics Guide

Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Do I personally dream of writing a book someday? Absolutely. I've started dozens of them. some have gotten further than others, but I am working towards that goal. Right now, like many others in the world these days, 'm just not set up finacially enough to be able to devote more time to writing or learning how to write successfully than I already have.

Being young doesn't really help that much either...yes, yes, writing is about having an active and creative imagination, but it's also partially about research and experience...how can you honestly write about something you've never witnessed or felt for yourself? no matter how much you may study the subject through books? Yes, a book or thirty could tell you how a sword is supposed to look and feel as its swung or it connects with something, but really? that's just one (or several) Author's opinion and interpretation on how that looks and feels. Even if you're never truly good at the act, shouldn't you at least try what you want your main characters to be able to do so that you can write with conviction how much your muscles are going to hurt or how great it is when you perform a move properly?

....ok...I think I'm done ranting now....

To answer the question. Yes, I dream of being a published author all the time...but whether I become famous by it or not, I'll publish under an alias....its one thing to see the rich in famous being plagued by reporters and such its another to live it...and I think I'll do future authors more good being able to go out on sites like this and others and offer some advice without the world knowing my name. :D

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 AM

I have a book in mind and have had it for about 2 yrs but i suck at grammar and writing and such so i cant write it. But it sounds some what interesting and such I dont think i would win awards though

K0a
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 AM

I come up with ideas every other day. If I wrote a short story on each idea and published it. ... I have no idea what it'd turn out to be.
But, I read quiet a lot, so writing styles are not hard for me to catch on.
I think I would rather read a book than spend hours typing one.

melissyRAWR
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to melissyRAWR

Old 10-17-2009, 12:55 AM

I'm going to be a writer one day. I started writing a book. All my stories (well, 99%) are based off of music. My longest so far is based on Swing Life Away by Rise Against, and I started one recently based on Bleed Like Me by Garbage.
I want to be one of those writers who are so realistic and really show the dark side of things... I have a very unique stlye that I think people would love. It's like, sort of meant to make you think, and see how lucky you really are. I think I could be a really popular author one day.

nette
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I do, off and on. I love to read and I've had some great ideas inspired by what I read. I probably wouldn't become very well-known, but maybe I'd get some fans ^^. By this, I don't mean you go to sleep and have dreams of a book you wrote making you famous. That would be interesting though.

If you do:
Why?
Do you think you'd become very famous or win a few awards?

If not:
Why not?
What would you rather do?
Because I've always loved writing. Though sometimes I don't think I'm very good.
Don't know about winning any awards but semi famous would be cool. I mean famous enough that it won't alter my everyday life.
What I've wanted to publish is something I've had put on the back burner for the past several years. It's a fantasy work that is meant to be more or less of an homage to my favorite snes rpg game Chrono Trigger. The main character is loosly based off of Luca.

I also want to write childrens stories. I've already written some short story fairy tail works. Had some of them printed in a college panflet magazine a few years back. Though how to go about getting them proffesionaly published is a bit daunting and imtimidating to say the least.

Another thing I've considered writing off and on. Is a somewhat of a biographical work based on my own life and struggles as a cancer survivor. It won't be one of those positive stories people always talk about. I've had a lot of struggles in my life due to a learning disability and had always had trouble in school and making friends. So maybe it will be inspirational for those survivors who are more like me.

Last edited by nette; 10-17-2009 at 02:20 AM..

Krendanya
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM

Word of advice for anyone wanting to write a story (which will hopefully become a book).

Don't pair up with someone who has half a story (and you have half a story) hoping to put them together. Because whoever is less dominant of the two will lose a lot of what they wanted in their own story and the dominant holder takes what they want without much regard for the others opinion.

I had a really great idea, that i had been taking notes on for almost two years (I tend to carry around a notebook and write down what life inspires in me). I had a spectacular, in-depth world (that I would often daydream about or go "I should watch that movie again" only to realize its all in my head) that I was completely in love with. Not to mention the main character and her support.

The person I teamed up with was the main writer and kept changing my supporting characters into HIS so that by the time I quit giving him my ideas they were nearly unrecognizable.

So, anyway...I'm working on something new now that I won't let anyone even read until I am into it a little bit. I only worry that I will be inadvertently copying someone else who is already published. There is so much out there these days that it can be quite daunting.

Does anyone know of any sites where I could type in some of my ideas for that kind of feedback? I know its a long shot but you never know. ^_^

Last edited by Krendanya; 10-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: grammar/spelling

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM

I've wanted to write novels since I was in sixth grade.
I'm a freshman in college now majoring in English: Creative Writing.
I have years of writing under my belt, as well as art and other sorts of creative things.
My dream is to be one of New York Times best writers.

Aeronaut
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Aeronaut

Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 PM

If you do:

Why? Because I have a story that wants to be told. I'm not in it for the money, recognition or fame. I just want to be heard. I want to be able to write and publish something that other people can pick up, read until the end and go 'wow!'. I want to publish something sooner or later because I love to write, really. It's starting to turn into something that's more than a hobby.

Do you think you'd become very famous or win a few awards? No. But that's just me being modest and uncaring, really. I don't care about being famous or winning awards. That's a nice extra bonus, but I just really want to publish something that's memorable. Something that people will look back to and remember.

amulet
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM

i'm currently starting to write and illustrate a childrens book. it'll be awesome :D

das_wolfen
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to das_wolfen

Old 10-22-2009, 11:10 PM

I am currently writing a book. It has 13 chapters and no title.

das_wolfen
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to das_wolfen

Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 PM

I had been writing on it since the 10 grade. It started as a creative writing project and it had bloomed form there.

NorthEastFire
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM

I've planned on becoming an author since I was in preschool. I actually write book-length stories regularly, or I try anyway. (I normally get bored with one story halfway through, or come up with something else to write instead, and then eventually come back to the original idea, so I don't exactly get a lot finished.)

I don't plan on trying to get anything published until I'm out of high school at least, though. I'd like to improve my writing skills first and get a little more experience just writing for fun, so my books are more successful and my stories aren't negatively affected my my lack of experience.

As for whether or not my books will become famous... I kind of doubt it, but I would like to write books that are different from the stereotypical plots a lot of authors tend to use. It would be difficult, but I'd like to write something no one will have ever read anything similar to before, in terms of plot. I don't think I'm that creative, though. I really wish I could write a bestselling novel; that way I'd get a lot of money for it and wouldn't have to have other jobs besides being an author. xD

Lalatin

Old 10-24-2009, 03:56 AM

I have always had the dream of publishing my own book. I want to do what J.K Rowling did for me. She made me LOVE reading and writing. I want to make a little kid or anyone really, feel like that. I want to inspire them like she did for me.

I've had one story I've been writing since I was in the 6th grade, I'm now in my 2nd year of my AA. :3 I really hope that one day I can make it big.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-24-2009, 04:47 AM

i often think of writing books, but i'm just not that good. my writing isn't too bad, but i never put enough detail in to describe everything. i do write down alot of my stories i've thought up so i don't forget them. most of them, i plan on making into manga cuz that's just easier for me. but still, there are some of my stories that might be better as a book rather that a manga, or maybe even good as both.

Sassadri
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Sassadri

Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM

I wrote a novel when I was 14. It was a mess. My plot line was everywhere!
Now, I have been working on my novels for years. I only have a few chapters.

Personally I love my characters. They are like friends and family after all the years I have put into creating them. I really want their stories to be told. I don't think it would be award winning or anything. That's not how life usually works.

Writing is very enjoyable and helps me unwind. Once I get it out of my head I feel so much better.

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:05 AM

Not really. I am the kind that like to read. I don't have a lot of inspirations. But sometimes I do, but they pass quickly and I am never good at writing. When other people can write half a page in 30 minutes, I am still stuck on the first paragraph.