Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-19-2008, 11:35 PM

____________________________banner
__________________________________________________ ______Banner copyright

WELCOME
Hello everyone. Due to the outstanding response to the Twilight Series Discussion Thread, and the staggaring Stephenie Meyer fan base found here on Menewsha, I have decided to create a new thread in preperation for discussion on the new Sci-Fi, adult fiction novel, The Host, written by the same astounding author who brought us Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and soon Breaking Dawn.

The Host is Stephenie's first Sci-Fi novel, which she claims is more of a romance than a Sci-Fi. The twist in the story that makes this novel a Sci-Fi, is the alien invaders that take over the earth and the bodies of it's inhabitants.

Please make sure to discuss things only related to the topic of The Host, and anything listed in the introduction posts.
INDEX
1. Welcome / Index / Updates / Rules
2. The Host
3. Sequels?
4. FAQ
5. Movie & Other Host Related Information
UPDATES
Recent Updates
RULES
1. All members must follow ToS.
2. Deviating from topic discussion is highly discouraged.
3. No fighting or arguing over differences of opinion.
4. Common courtesy is appreciated.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2008 at 07:33 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 PM

THE HOST

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.

Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.

When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves—Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The Host is a new story created by Stephenie that has ventured outside of her usual vampire-werewolf genre. Not only that, but it's the FIRST adult fiction and sci-fi novel from the new author. Sure to be a hit, this novel is about an alien invasion, where the aliens take over the bodies of regular humans and forcing the humans soul out of their body. But when one human decides to fight, rather than give up her body, the alien inside of her must battle emotions not normal to their species. When one human decides to fight the alien in her body to find her true love who's still in hiding, the alien begins to fall in love with this human that they're seeing visions of without knowing who this man is. This is truly not your typical love story. To read more about this upcoming novel, go here.

The host is slated to be released May 6, 2008.

Check out an excerpt from The Host here.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-19-2008 at 10:31 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 PM

SEQUELS?
In what is to be known as Stephenie's second full series, The Host left off with an open invitation for a chance at a sequel, or sequels if you will, and as confirmed by Stephenie in an Interview with MTV, there are to be two sequels to the number one best seller. Book two in the series will be known as "The Soul" and book three, "The Seeker". More information on these novels will be added as it is made public.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2008 at 07:50 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2008, 11:37 PM

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Will finish shortly.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2008 at 07:37 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2008, 11:38 PM

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Will finish shortly.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2008 at 07:37 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 AM

Is anyone excited for this? I can't wait for it to come out.

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Yay! I found the right thread for the book... But am I the only one who's read it? :(

Been going crazy trying to get my friends to read the amazing book so I could have others to read it with. ~,~;;;;

Nesseh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-14-2008, 03:24 AM

I haven't read it. I was planning on finishing the 4th Sequel Book of Twilight before reading the Host.

But it sounds interesting. Aliens eh? o.O

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 AM

I was going to do the same thing but I needed a book to read at work during my breaks since the book I had been reading really turned out to be not worthwhile and I figured anything by Stephenie would be amazing... and I loved it. Finished it in 3 days, couldn't put it down. :)

So, I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't read it yet so all I have to say is don't get scared off by the idea of aliens. It's so much more than just a sci-fi about aliens. :)

In fact I wouldn't classify it as a sci-fi if it weren't for the fact it happens to have aliens in it. xD

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM

I just started reading this last night. Very interesting so far!

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-15-2008, 03:33 AM

It actually took me a few chapters to really get interested in what was going on. xD
I kept overthinking all the information they were giving us. :)

Nesseh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 PM

It sounds interesting... but is it worth it? Better than Twilight... perhaps? =O

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM

Hmmm I like them both and I can probably say I enjoyed The Host more. :)
It took me a while to really warm up to the book actually, but by the end I actually stopped at page 600 and told my boyfriend I wasn't going to read anymore... since it would be over and I would want more... :)
But I finished it and absolutely loved it. I think I liked it more than Twilight... But I think that's because I like the main character more than I liked Bella. xD

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-18-2008, 12:15 PM

I just finished this book last night and it was amazing! Very different from anything I've read before.

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-18-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm glad I finally have someone else who thought it was amazing too! ^.^
I'm glad Meyer's is thinking about sequels for this one. :)
I really want to continue the story. <3

Seiki Nova

Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM

I thought that it had presence amongst all the books that I've read. It left a distinct imprint on me, but it's not entirely one of my favorite books. Granted, I do love the story, and I found it very cute even if I didn't like the ending entirely.

But I did like it. It's definitely very Stephenie. You can see her style in every page and it was an irresistible read. It took me a bit to get into it though. It started kind of slow.

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM

It took me a while to really get into it as well and well... I spent most of the book making comparisons to the animorphs I read growing up. xD

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending... Can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is about the ending that bothered me though. =/

Seiki Nova

Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 PM

Well at least we know that there's a sequel coming that will continue the story? I would absolutely hate for it to just end as it did because you don't know what happens next. I'm sure there's a war brewing in the second book, and then an ending to the Souls in the third. Just because that's how Stephenie is with her work. Always a happy ending I think?

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-19-2008, 03:39 AM

I don't know... I actually.. like the souls, I'd hate to just see an end to them.
But I'm not sure I agree with the way she ended it... however xD I AM glad it means there's room for a sequel.

Seiki Nova

Old 07-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Two sequels xD

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2008, 07:26 AM

The more the better... lol. I know a lot of people don't like her writing style but I love it. ^.^ I'm looking forward to every page. :)

birdie-licious
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Are you serious?
I didn't know there would be sequels!
My friend gave it to me for my birthday, and I finished it the next day.
I do kind of hate ------wait, I was going to say something, but I think it qualified as a spoiler.
Have fun reading, those who haven't.
As much as I love Edward, this has replaced Twilight as my favorite book.
>w<

Kearin
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 PM

I love them both dearly but I have to agree...
It did uproot Twilight as my top favorite. :)

Last edited by Kearin; 08-01-2008 at 11:18 PM..

Low Virtual Memory
*^_^*

Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM

Ahh.
I read this book in two nights. I couldn't sleep.
I like it just that much better than Twilight, because it has more of a plot than just Romance.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM

I love her other books but never thought about getting this one.
I like watching shows with aliens but hate reading about them.
But at first I did not want to read "another vampire story" so I could be wrong about this one as well.
I plan on getting it to read soon.
I hope it is good.