MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 AM

Darn. I just started the Twilight series and now I find this! LOL

Now I must get my hands on it so that I may continue on my quest to procrastinate in the most productive way possible.

Seiki, for some reason you seem to start every thread I'm interested in in the book forums... XD

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 PM

I was very careful to not read any posts just now, so as to avoid spoilers. :P

I just wanted to pop by and say that I finally got The Host from the library, after waiting for more than a month with it on hold! I'm going to read it soon, but I have several books I need to finish first. I do need to get done with it within the next twenty-one days, though, as the library will need it back without me being able to renew it. I'm sure tons more people have it on hold, so I'm going to have to finish those books mega-fast! I think there's seven or so I need to read first. :X I heard that most people who liked it alot hadn't read Twilight? Well, we'll see about me, then. I read Twilight, but I wasn't overly fond of the series. The first two, in my opinion, were terrible, the third one was decent, and the fourth one was a a good read- though nothing I'd moon over. I wanted to read The Host to see if it was deeper and more intelligent, so we will see! :D

Chinen Yuuri
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 AM

I just saw that book yesterday and I'm debating whether to read it or not.
But the Alien thing sounds interesting though =]

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:44 PM

I read it and I loved it. I couldn't really get into Twilight. I was surprised I liked this, seeing as how Twilight turned me off. But I loved it and can't wait for sequels if she's making them. Almost all my friends have read Twilight and the seuqels but some couldn't get into The Host. They said it was hard to transition. I wouldn't understand because I didn't read them. All I know is that I loved it.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM

I didn't get past page one hundred. I find it sort of...boring. I was kind of hoping for more internal conflict (I know there was alot, but I was just hoping for... well. Like I said, more), and wasn't expecting the level of romance the book had. I have to take it back to the library tommorow, and instead of wanting to finish it quickly, I decided to take it back and get it again later.

I probably will give it another shot on a month or two or three, but I was just largely unimpressed. :( That makes me a little sad. I thought it was going to be a very good book.

PithyPB

Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

The Host is a funny book. It's a pleasure to read, all five hundred or however many pages that it is. Really, a good book overall, something that I would recommend others to read. My honest opinion, though, is that the storyline has been a bit... hmm, overdone? It's the alien thing, it bugs me. I loved reading it. I just didn't think it was extremely creative.

midnight_angel
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 AM

My grandmother is reading the book as I speak but soon I will read it....She says it's very confusing and you have to really think about what you are reading.
I think and hope it is as great as everyone says it is....Meyer's a very good writer and I can't wait to see what else comes from her in the future.

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 AM

I really enjoyed The Host. It was a nice step away from the Twilightyness. She's a fantastic writer.. I've just been getting sick of the Vampyres.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-04-2009, 03:11 AM

I was looking for Breaking Dawn in Target, but I couldn't find it. Abandoned in the empty slot where Breaking Dawn was supposed to be, I found The Host instead. I must say the change in writing style (well, it's a noticeable enough change to me) was rather unexpected, and pleasant!
Things seem more complex in The Host, but also more interesting. I'll have to finish Eclipse before I get deeper into reading the host though. I don't much like switching back and forth, but I couldn't help reading as I followed my mom through the store. I'm pretty far in Eclipse anyway, and the fact that I've started The Host only makes me want to read faster.

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 AM

I really enjoyed The Host and I'm really excited for the sequels. I hope she writes them soon. I also enjoyed the Twilight series but it's been a while since I read them and I think I like The Host even more. I really loved Wanderer. She is just so sweet and selfless. And so what if it's not the most original story line. What she brings into characterization so makes up for it to me. I never read alien stories or sci-fi really so I was surprised I liked this as much as I did. Her writing style is so easy and laid back for me to read so it's fun to read and not have to focus completely how it's written but what is written. It's like anyone would talk today except Stephenie is such a good story teller. I kind of didn't like how Wanderer is so helpless at the end when she's used to being strong and fast which she is such a strong character but she is put into the tiny, weak body. I understand why it was done but I felt sorry for her about that as I wouldn't like that at all.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 01-31-2009, 12:46 AM

I just started rereading this. And I still love it.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-31-2009, 02:23 AM

I finished this before the semester started and I really enjoyed it. It was hard to put it down. I wish this book was better-known. So many people are more exited about Twilight >_<

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 01-31-2009, 02:26 AM

I wish it was more well known too. Just without all the creepy fangirls.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-31-2009, 05:09 PM

Haha, makes me sad. Now I can truly parallel deviantART to real life. Lesser quality takes the spotlight and the good quality stuff remains hidden somewhere. Just look at the size of this thread compared to the Twilight one o.e

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 PM

To true, but I kind of like it that way. I like Twilight and before the huge fancraze, and the last book, I really liked it. Now it makes me kind of sick whenever I think about it because it brings up the picture of girls getting trampled so they can see the actors.
It would be horrible if that happened to The Host.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-31-2009, 05:46 PM

True, but I'm one of those people whose opinion of a book is not damaged by idiot fan girls. I either like the book, or I don't, for my own reasons, regardless of how many people like or don't like it.

I like Twilight too, but not for the same reasons I like The Host. I didn't expect much from The Host after reading Twilight, actually, so I was quite impressed by the improvement. How far are you in the book right now?

I'm starting to miss Melanie and Wanderer >_<

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 PM

I'm like that too, but I just can't forget serious injury and tramplings.
Right, I found Twilight kind of stereotypically funny. It was good but there were lots of parts that just made me think "What!?" so I though The Host would be like that too but it wasn't.

Where the people start accepting her.

I know I can't wait for the next one. I hope she actually writes it.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-31-2009, 06:12 PM

A sequel would be nice >w<
Ah, sweet! Sometimes Wanderer makes me want to cry. There are so many instances where I'm thinking "whyyy??" but in a good way. I'll definitely re-read this in the summer XD

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM

Yep, "why?" comes up often.
Right after I finished it the first time I read some fanfics so now I'm rereading it because I can't remember what was the book and what wasn't.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Haha, sometimes that gets confusing. I tend to read other books instead of fanfics though, so guess that keeps me from getting confused. Although, sometimes I think I've imagined some parts of the book. 8'D

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM

I hardly ever read fanfics but I missed Wanda, Ian, Jeb, and Doc.
I do that too. I thinkk something happened, but then I'm completely wrong.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-01-2009, 04:48 PM

Yeah, same here. A sequel would be so cool. I was so sad near the end, because I didn't know what was going to happen. Probably the biggest "WHY" in my head as I read the story >_<

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-01-2009, 06:11 PM

I was the same way with Walter. This is one of the books that made me cry, several times, when I read it.
I read that she was going to make it into a series but on her website it doesn't say that or what her future projects are.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM

OMG Yeah. Poor Walter ;_;

I should keep up with her website more often. I don't go often enough >_<

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM

I was so sad.

I've been there twice and it has not changed at all and there was about a year in between visits.