Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 01:05 PM

I don't see a current NaNoWriMo thread, so I'm starting one! You can discuss your plans for National Novel-Writing Month and update your progress here.

I am still trying to decide what to do: fix and continue an original novel I started 2 years ago; catch up on multi-chapter fanfictions I haven't updated in a while; or go at one piece of fanfiction hardcore and actually finish it.

I don't have trouble making a 50k word goal, but I do have trouble actually finishing a story once I start it. I do well with 10-20 page short stories so I've also considered an anthology of shorts.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Any of those ideas would be fun. I've done a collection of short stories before and it was really successful for me. Although I get to my word goal, I often don't finish my project after november ends so I get that. I almost never work on the same project for a second nanowrimo. If you can do that, that's pretty awesome. Seriously finishing things is the most amazing feeling.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM

I normally just pick a theme and write 2000 words a day through the month. It's an easier goal in my mind than saying 50,000 words in a month.

I also have a folder full of outlines for stories that I keep on my desktop just in case I feel the need to take a break from my current story so I don't get burnt out on one idea. Plus I have A.D.D. so my focus is limited anyway. Lol

Good luck to everything who's doing this! It's always a fun challenge!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Ah, I've done a theme based writing campaign before. I think I did it last November? I picked the theme 'transformation' and wrote some short stories, poetry, and random drabbles. It was a nice change of pace.
What sort of themes do you pick?

haha, I know that feel. Sometimes I just have to flit to another project.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 AM

I've just made my account on the website, actually. I haven't made any plans ahaha
This'd be my first year participating, so I'm a little nervous! I'm admittedly a little out of practice when it comes to writing...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 03:44 AM

I wish you luck. What sort of things do you usually write?

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 AM

Hmm... I've never really written a complete story before, to be honest. I don't usually stick to any one genre, I just kinda go with the flow. I like fantasy a lot though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Yeah? Maybe you could write a collection of shorter pieces instead or some kind of saga that jumps from world to world. That way you can write a little bit of everything.

alice.the.queen.of.hearts

Old 11-08-2017, 02:17 PM

Oooo this is my first year as well!! So far I am doing well. I have a plan on what i want to write but half the time it now going far away from that! But I have it started and its going.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-09-2017, 12:14 AM

My story is getting away from me as well. Some days I have a really hard time writing and others I do my words pretty easily. Aaah, I remember fondly my first time doing nano. I had such pride back then...

What is your story about, Alice?

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 12-28-2017, 01:54 AM

How did you guys do? I had my third win in a row! I ended up writing fanfiction entirely and it was my easiest win yet. lol

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-28-2017, 02:49 AM

I failed for the first time in november but I just got so far behind and I finished my story in less than 50k so I ended up letting it happen.

But it's good you did so well!