Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM

ⓐ ⓛⓘⓣⓣⓛⓔ ⓒⓤⓟ ⓞⓕ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

A little cafe sits at the edge of the cultural wasteland of suburbia. One day, eight kids approaching their late teens walk in. They don't know it yet, but this place will become an integral part of their everyday lives.

Of course, the cafe won't run itself.. There are six kids in their late teens and early twenties who run the place. They might not realize what they've started, but this place is about to become the cultural hub of their preppy little town.

And, of course, other people will always stop in and say hi.

Whether you want to play a big role or just walk in for a quick cup, welcome to Une Petit Coupe de l'Amour. Sometimes, a little cup of love is all you need.

ⓡⓤⓛⓔⓢ

1. Please try your best to keep it appropriate in here. Not only is it offensive to some viewers, but pr0n is a pretty tasteless way to communicate love. When necessary, just let the scene fade to black until morning. I don't think violence and gore will be a problem with this roleplay, but again, stay away from being too graphic. Thanks!
2. Of course, have fun and keep this thread going! Regulars and Staff must post at least once a week, but they should post at least once a day.
3. Though drama is appreciated in the storyline, catfighting and trolling are prohibited in ooc. Flobbing is also against the rules; I've gotten in trouble for it way too many times here. So only in your first post, okay!
4. Out-of-character (ooc) dialog can be posted right here, since ooc threads confuse me. Please distinguish your ooc from your in-character writing!
5. Applications for Regulars and Staff should be sent to me in a PM. You can also have side walk-in characters, provided you already have one permanent character. Side characters do not need to be approved. Keep pictures to photos, characters between 17 and 20, and please use this skeleton (remove spaces between brackets and words]:

[ FONT="Courier New" ][ center ][ size=6 ][ color=you choose ][name][ /color ][ /size ]
[ photo ][ /color ][ /size ]
[ size=7 ]ⓐⓖⓔ[ /size ]
[ size=4 ]ⓖⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ
ⓑⓘⓞ
[ size=2 ][3-5 sentences][ /size ]
[ /size ][ /center ][ /FONT ]

ⓡⓔⓢⓞⓤⓡⓒⓔⓢ

1. If you would like to use the circled letters for your name, age, or just anytime:
ⓐⓑⓒⓓⓔⓕⓖⓗⓘⓙⓚⓛⓜⓝⓞⓟⓠⓡⓢⓣⓤⓥⓦⓧⓨⓩ⓰⓱⓲⓳⓴

2. To help you describe the cafe as you write, here are some reference pictures:
[outside] [front counter] [counter display] [kitchen] [main dining room] [reading nook] [storage room] [upstairs room] [back]

3. Out-of-Character (O.O.C.) thread for conversations/questions about the story, or even just for members to get to know each other!

ⓡⓔⓖⓤⓛⓐⓡⓢ

Quote:

Early Bird Special

ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓛⓞⓣⓣⓔ ⓗ ⓖⓞⓝⓓⓐⓛ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
I was born in Thornton, Yorkshire. I have a younger brother named Branwell and two younger sisters named Emily and Anne. When I was fifteen, I was sent to a boarding school. Some of the worst years of my life were spent there, but I don't want to go into it... Anyway, my parents and I agreed it would be best for me to go stay with my Aunt Elizabeth for the summer to get away from it all, so here I am!
Quote:
Lightning_Serah
ⓔⓜⓜⓐ | ⓚⓨⓛⓔ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ | ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Emma and Kyle had always lived the typical life. They both grew up in a rather wealthy family, and everything was fine. Until the twins were told they had to go to places to live, for some financial reasons. They had never done anything without each other, and the idea of living away from each other was crazy. Both furious at the idea, the two ran away, giving up their fantasy life, to live with their grandmother. Although the two haven't talked to their parents since they left, they knew they would return once the summer was over.
Quote:
Early Bird Special
ⓐⓛⓔⓧⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓟ ⓑⓔⓡⓜⓐⓝ

ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
I was born in this crazy little town, and over the years, I've watched the yards get smaller and the houses become more and more similar. I don't know who figured out how to clone conservative middle-class businessmen, but if I ever find that person, I'll probably stick a real estate sign through their head. Watching the small, quirky town of my childhood turn into a suburban nightmare has actually been painful for me, so I was more than happy to leave for college last fall. Now that I'm back, though, I'm starting to lose hope.
Quote:
JessehBoo
ⓙⓘ ⓗⓨⓔ "ⓙⓔⓝⓝⓨ" ⓣⓐⓝⓖ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Jenny grew up in Korea with her family until she was around 7 years old. Since she was originally from Korea her accent is slightly noticeable, yet she can talk English fluently and with no problems. Her family consists of her mother, father, and younger sister Mei who is now 8; her twin brother died when they were 5 but Jenny doesn't like to talk about it.
girls: [Charlotte, 17] [Emma, 17] [Jenny, 18] [open]

guys: [Kyle, 17] [Alex, 19] [open] [open]

ⓢⓣⓐⓕⓕ
Quote:

Aoi Kazuya
ⓩⓔⓟⓗⓨⓡ ⓐ ⓣⓢⓤⓚⓘⓝⓞ

ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ

I was born in New York, so you can say I'm a city kid. I always visit with my grandparents over the summers so i thought it'd be a nice idea to get a job over here. Working in the cafe has been...quite an experience for me, it's a lot of fun. Back at home I'm the vocalist for a band, so it's nice to be able to come here and relax while working in a less stressful environment.
Quote:
Aerinn
ⓕⓐⓨⓔ ⓑⓐⓚⓔⓡ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Faye hails from the bustling city of Chicago. After persuading her parents to leave after high school, she currently resides in the suburban neighborhood as a change of pace. Although her original reason for working at the cafe was to pay for college, Faye discovered that she doesn't mind spending late hours in the quaint shop to relax. She enjoys modern art as a pasttime.
Quote:
musicfreakx
Delilah Rose Zörn

Female
ⓑⓘⓞ

Delilah and her older brother lived in Germany until the last year of their lives, living with their strict aunt seeing as their parents died when they were 5 and 6. Their aunt disapproved of nearly everything the siblings liked, and the two ran away from their German hometown to America to follow their own dreams. Living in a minute apartment with her brother, Delilah Rose is an aspiring actress, trying to make it on Broadway.
Quote:
musikfreakx
Demetri Liam Zörn

Male
ⓑⓘⓞ

Both Demetri and his sister have followed in their parent’s artistic footsteps, shooting for the stars to reach their goals. All of that was shattered when they died in a car crash and Demetri was left to live with his sister at his strict aunt’s. She had always disapproved of their parents’ carefree nature, along with the siblings’ artistic dreams. Deciding to leave Germany, sadly, they moved to America so as not to be found by their aunt. Living in a tiny apartment, they struggle to make it in a country they don’t well know, Demetri aiming to be a musician.
Quote:
Lightning_Serah
Aaron West

ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Aaron had always been into singing, and was offered a job in the little city. After finding out that they found someone else, Aaron had no where to go, and was forced to stay in the place. Although he was devistated, he knew he really didn't have a choice, and until he made enough money to go back home, that he would have to just get used to everything.
Quote:
zovilove
ⓐⓜⓔⓛⓘⓐ Johnson
[/color][/size]

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ

Amelia lived in a small house with her brother since she was five. Her parents left them when she was 3 and since her brother was not old enough to take care of them, they lived in a foster home for two years and when he turned 18 they moved into an apartment. Since her brother didnt go to college, the only job he could get was a waiter, and that wasnt enough to pay the bills, so Amelia got a job at the cafe at age 16 so that they could get more money.
[/size]
girls: [Faye, 19] [Delilah, 17] [Amelia, 18]

guys: [Zephyr, 18] [Demetri, 18] [Aaron, 17]

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 07-14-2011 at 05:27 AM..

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 AM

walk out onto your front lawn ███████████████████
███████████████████████ and face into the rain
ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓛⓞⓣⓣⓔ gasped. As her green eyes flew open, they slowly focused on the faded, peeling glow-in-the-dark constellations that speckled the ceiling of her room in her Aunt Elizabeth's house. She sighed and stretched her arms over her head. Even hundreds of miles away, she thought. Even hundreds of miles away, I can't get rid of the nightmares.

Shaking off the memories she was still trying her best to bury, Charlotte threw on an outfit and ran out the door, her long blonde hair trailing behind her in a blur. Stopping in the middle of the lawn, she double-checked her bag to make sure that it contained her camera and sketchbook. Relieved, she hopped onto her bike and tore down the lane, trying to find a place where she could try to scare off the monsters, once and for all.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 07-10-2011, 06:27 PM

((sorry, no pretty post for me >.>))

Zephry yawned as he cracked his eyes open, reaching out a hand to swat his ringing alarm clock to the floor. He remembered a moment too late that his alarm clock was his cellphone. With a groan he sat up and ran a hand through his hair. He got out of the bed and bent to pick up his phone, checking the time in the process. Keeping the time in mind he moved into his bathroom to take care of his morning necessities.

A half-hour later found Zephyr leaving his grandparent's house dressed in a top with a hood that read I DJ and black skinny jeans. His messenger bag bounced against the back of his legs as he walked down his grandparent's front path. A pair of mix-style headphones rested around his neck while some sort of classical music poured from them. He hummed along with it as he walked, directing his steps into town and the cafe that he worked at. He'd just eat breakfast there.

-----

A couple minutes later found him in front of the cafe and he smiled at the cute exterior. Yes, he admitted it was cute. So what if his friends thought it a little weird that he'd call places cute? It was cute. Surprisingly Zephry was the first one to reach the place and he shrugged before reaching into his pocket to extract a pair of keys. He unlocked the front door and walked in, flipping the sign on the door from 'closed' to 'open'. He hummed to himself as he went to the back to turn the lights on. He dropped his messenger bag off in the back room and then reentered the body of the cafe. He connected his mp3 to the speaker system and the sounds of Edward Elgar's Salut d'Amour filled the cafe. Zephry left his headphones around his neck and hummed along with the music as he wiped down the front counters from any dust that might have settled there overnight and brought baked goods in from the kitchen to put in the display cases.

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Emma smiled and nodded in aprovement as she added the finishing touches on her hair. Putting the last clip in her hair, she spun around to face her twin brother, who was half asleep as he attempted to brush his teeth. Emma couldn't help but to giggle a little as she watched her sleepy brother.

"Why are you so tired?" She asked him, even though she figured he was up all night trying to beat the newest video game he got a few days ago.

"Almost made it to level 10." He simply replied. Emma playfully rolled her eyes, before turning back to face the mirror.

"Alright, well you better hurry up and get ready, we'll be going to that cafe soon." She explained, before walking out of the bathroom, and heading to her room. She quickly skimmed through her closet in search for something to wear. Pulling on a simple gray tank top, some jean shorts, and flip flops, Emma exited her room, just as her brother did the same.

Kyle had been wearing a white shirt that said the name of his favorite band on it, some faded blue skinny jeans, with his favorite green converse. They both nodded at each other, before Kyle followed Emma out of the door. The cafe was in walking distance, making it convenient for the siblings to get there.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 AM

Oh gosh, oh gosh, I'm late, I'm late! Faye cursed as she rolled off of her bed. She glanced at her alarm clock. "Argh, it ran out of batteries!?" Without a second thought of it, she fumbled through her closet's contents, throwing on a black tank top with a frilled layered skirt. She swept her phone, her wallet and her keys into her purse and ran to catch the bus.

She ran towards the doors, and saw that the "open" sign had been flipped. "Shoot," Faye said under her breath. She took joy in flipping that sign herself. Regardless, she opened the door, greeted by a soft burst of classical music.

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-12-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 AM

Zephyr looked up from where he had been icing a cake at the tinkling of bells signaling that the front door had been opened. He carefully set the piping bag down on the table and picked up a towel to wipe his hands on as he left the kitchens. He blinked quickly to get his eyes readjusted to the more natural light that filled the cafe's body rather than the artificial light that filled the kitchens. When he saw who it was that had entered, a smile graced his lips.

He set his towel down on the side and leaned against the counter, just next to the cash register. "Hey there Faye. A little late today aren't you?"

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 02:13 AM

"Ugh, don't remind me." She grumbled as she put her bag behind the counter. She went into the kitchen, moving past Zephyr's semi-decorated confection to the large steel industrial and washed her hand with the foam hand soap bottle next to it. She wiped her hands on a towel and tied her red hair into a little ponytail, the best her shoulder-length hair could offer.

"Where are the aprons?" She called over her shoulder as she went back to the counter to relocate her purse to the back room where it belonged.

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-12-2011 at 06:08 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 AM

Zephyr followed Faye to the kitchens and leaned against the doorway, just watching as she washed her hands and moved around the place. Aprons...he raised a hand to tap idly against his chin. That was actually a really good question. He couldn't remember the last time he'd actually worn the apron at work.

"Good question. But you're asking the wrong person. When's the last time you've seen me actually wearing that thing?" he asked in a joking manner. He blew a stray strand of hair out of his face before grinning at Faye again. "Should be in the backroom near the hangers."

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 AM

She let out a soft laugh. "What a slob. Don't you want to keep your nice clothes clean? It doesn't hurt to wear one when you're in the kitchen, at least." With that, Faye took her bag as she went to the backroom. She found a messenger bag nonchalantly laying there to greet her. It was clearly Zephyr's; who else would have a black messenger with red accents? And to top it off, with chains stylishly hanging on it? With a shake of her head, she picked it up and hung it on a hook attached to the wall. She then put hers adjacent to it. Now where is that apron...? She looked around and finally found it sadly hanging on a lone hook on the other side of the room. She quickly slipped into it and examined it. Sure, it wasn't what Zephyr would wear (over his dead body), but it would keep that stubborn dough and flour out of his clothes, right?

Faye skipped back to the kitchen, her notepad in the front pocket of her apron and a cute pencil behind her ear.
"Need any help, Zephyr?"

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-12-2011 at 06:09 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 AM

While Faye moved to the back room, Zephyr went back to icing his cake, humming along to his music as he did so. True there were a different assortment of aprons to choose from, but he just preferred not to use them. it wasn't like he was all that messy while baking, or in this case icing, anyway.

It was after he had finished with the cake and was retrieving the sugared decorations he'd made the day before from the fridge when Faye returned, now dressed for work. Zephyr went through the days baked goods in his mind as he slowly pulled two trays from the fridge and nudged the door closed again with his foot. He moved to where he had left the cake and placed the trays down carefully.

"There should be some cupcakes about ready in the oven closest to the fire-alarm." he finally said before pulling over a tall stool to sit on as he delicately transferred sugary confections from their spots on the tray to a spot on the cake where he positioned them with a critical eye.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 03:12 AM

Faye turned on the oven's inner light to see the aforementioned cupcakes."Ooh, lemon meringue. Fancy fancy today, are we?" She watched as the digital timer steadily reached 0:00, and slipped on an oven mitten. She did her usual routine: bring out the tray with her right hand, carry it a few steps away to a different table, and place the warm miniature pastries individually onto a cooling rack. The fresh smell of lemon and sugar wafted through the kitchen as she worked. After she finished, she carefully returned the cupcake tray to the top of its oven.

Faye then turned her attention to her co-worker.
"What's today's coffee blend?" she asked, opening an overhead cupboard to the wide selection of to-be-ground coffee beans. They were her pride; Faye was the one who introduced the vast array of blends to the cafe, and refused to let anyone else handle the process of making coffee every morning.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 03:44 AM

ⓢⓗⓔ ⓦⓐⓢⓝⓣ ⓢⓤⓡⓔ what had led her to the outskirts of town, but as the manicured lawns and cookie-cutter houses became more and more cluttered, morphing into taller brick buildings with colorful shop fronts, Charlotte breathed a sigh of relief. Though she had been glad to physically remove herself from her situation, she had missed the quirky architecture she had taken for granted when she was at home. Seeing an area like this made her happy; she felt much more at home here.

She walked her bike past obviously-overpriced boutiques, ice cream shops, and secondhand book stores. Still, she thought. It seems like this place was purposefully created to attract tourists. She sighed, looking for someplace to lock up her bike. Might as well have a look around, though. In this town, she realized, she was a tourist.

She found herself walking down a tiny path that was barely wide enough to fit both her and her bike. At the end of the crumbling sidewalk, she spied a small tree that was just the perfect size to fit her bike chain around. Smiling at the small victory, she walked back to the end of the path and turned left. What she saw surprised her.

"Une Petit Coupe de l'Amour," she read aloud. What a pretty name. She peeked inside to see a cute table cluttered with decorations. The place wasn't too clean, too neat, or too fancy. It was perfect.

She opened the door, greeted by the light tinkling of a bell over her head, and walked up to the counter. Nobody was there, but she heard voices coming from the back. "Hello?" she called...

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 AM

Emma and Kyle both hummed the same tune as they walked down a dirt path. They were careful to take in each of there surroundings, since they knew it all would only last for a couple of months, before they had to return home. To be honest, they were both terrified of returning. Not only scared of what their parents would say, but they also both feared having to move apart from each other. Pushing the thought aside, the twins looked at the cafe that now stood infront of them.

Entering a little bit after the female, they looked around the place. It was there first time entering the place, but from what they had heard, it was really great. But the twins were both really picky people, so they often didn't like a whole ton of things.

Emma and Kyle both waited for anyone to answer the call made from the girl that came in before them.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 AM

ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓛⓞⓣⓣⓔ ⓗⓔⓐⓡⓓ the door swing open as two figures entered. She turned to see a pretty girl with curly, nut-brown hair and a tall guy with dark hair swept to the side. There was something about the pair that made them seem very similar to each other, but she couldn't place what it was. "Hello," she said to the two; suddenly conscious of her British accent. "Do you come here often? I was going to ask if I could sit in here for a bit, but I can't seem to find anyone who works here..." She trailed off, thinking she must seem odd to them; especially to start a conversation with complete strangers. That's the biggest problem with me, she thought. Sometimes I just don't think.

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 AM

The twins were slightly taken off gaurd once they heard a voice taling to them. "Hey!" Emma greeted kindly with a smile, "This is our first time coming here. It seems as if they forgot to flip there sign to close," Emma explained, "But then again, there does seem to be talking coming from the back..." She added, with a slight shrug, before looking over to her brother to see if he had any thoughts.

"I guess we better just come back later." Kyle simply said. He honestly didn't have any better ideas. Don't get me wrong, he did have some ideas, but they weren't better. Well, unless of course the idea of throwing cupcakes around until they were forced to come out from the back could be defined as better. But Kyle wouldn't do that, he wasn't exactly the troublemaking type, and any trouble he ever did find himself in usually had to do with his sister.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 AM

ⓣⓗⓔ ⓑⓛⓞⓝⓓⓔ shrugged. "Hey, if they don't notice we're here, we might as well take a look around. You two up for an adventure?" She looked at the pair expectantly.

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 AM

Kyle and Emma looked at each other, before looking back to the female. The place wasn't that big, so a little exploring couldn't do any harm, could it.

"Alright, sure." Emma agreed without a second thought.

"Oh, by the way, my name is Emma, and this is my twin brother Kyle." She introduced as she held out her hand for the female to shake.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 AM

ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓛⓞⓣⓣⓔ flashed a wide smile. "Nice to meet you, Emma and Kyle. I'm Charlotte." She shook Emma's extended hand and nodded to Kyle.

"Hmm," she said thoughtfully, scanning the building. "With a place like this, you hardly know where to start looking." Her green eyes flashed and a wicked grin lit up her face as she noticed a narrow staircase hidden behind a bookshelf. "Let's go!" she exclaimed to the twins as she dashed off.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Faye decided to choose a blend herself. After painstakingly roasting and deftly grinding the beans, she poured the rich, soft powder onto a coffee filter and placed it into a coffee brewer. She then moved to a large refrigerator standing solemnly against the wall. With a great heave, she managed to open its heavy door. Her hand quickly grabbed a large piece of dough she had carefully packed in plastic wrap the night before. With a spring in her step, she found a large tray and sprayed it with non-stick coating before unwrapping her night handiwork. Faye kneaded the dough with as much muscle as she could muster. When the dough felt workable, she wasted no time in rolling up pieces into croissants.

All of a sudden she heard the door's bell go off.
"Should I check if there are any customers out front?" She felt uneasy leaving the cafe enjoy despite the sign saying "open". She bent her back over to try getting a glimpse of the door, but couldn't see well from where she stood. She took a few steps to the counter, but after finding no one else there, she shrugged and went back to her croissants.

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-11-2011 at 04:12 PM..

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Delilah Rose groaned as she felt someone prodding her not too gently. "Too early," she mumbled and opened her large green eyes. Blinking lazily as she debated whether to go back to sleep or stay awake, the redhead glared at her older brother as he continued poking her. Turning her head away from him in hopes he would just go away, she glanced at the clock.

"Oh crap,"
she sighed as she saw how late it was. Why hadn't Demetri woken her up earlier? Shooting up from her bed like a stem suddenly growing from a flower pot, the seventeen year old jumped out of bed and rushed to her dresser.

"Took you long enough," Demetri said in a velvety voice, grinning as he watched his sister rush. "I didn't hear the alarm. Pretty lucky I even woke up," he chided his sister. He was already dressed in a white shirt with a large yellow duck on it, black words underneath it reading "I'm going to duck you up", and black skinny jeans.

Glaring at her brother, who watched her with an amused expression, Delilah Rose darted to the bathroom, pulling on a shirt that fell off her left shoulder and her favorite skinny jeans. Tugging on her aqua Converse, Delilah decided to leave her naturally wavy hair as it was. As far as makeup, all she did was put on a layer of mascara before she brushed her teeth and popped out the door.

Heading out the front door, already ahead of Delilah, the dark haired, German-born male hurried to his work. He knew Delilah was freaking out, it was easily visible, and he understood why. They couldn't lose their jobs, no matter what. The cafe was the only pace of employment they could find since moving from Germany, and if they lost the jobs, they lost the apartment, and then they had to go back to their strict aunt's in Germany. Demetri shivered at just the thought of it.

Luckily the two lived in close walking distance to the cafe, and in a period of five minutes they were sweeping through the front doors. Immediately Delilah bumped into a tall male who was with two other girls. "Scheisse," she said in German as she she stumbled backwards. "I'm so sorry. Are you OK? Do you guys want anything? I work here," she let out all in one breath, her soprano voice clear and light with her heavy accent.

Laughing at his sister's bump into the customers, Demetri gave them all a smile and stepped behind the counter. Leaning against a door leading to the back, he saw Faye and Zephyr. "We're here, sorry we're late," he yelled, his accent audibly running through his velvet voice.

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-11-2011, 05:29 PM

Kyle watched as the girl named Charlotte ran to the staircase, before he spun on his heels to face the girl that had just bumped into him. "Yeah, I'm fine," He reassured her with a smile. He let a sigh of relief escape his lips once he heard that they worked there. It meant him and his sister wouldn't have to do the crazy idea of exploring the cafe. He honestly didn't care what Charlotte did, it was her choice afterall, but he knew he'd have to take the fall if him or Emma got into trouble.

Emma watched the scene play out between the two, before turning to where Charlotte had gone off to. Now that people were there, she knew the idea of exploring the place was out of the question. She just hoped that Charlotte wouldn't get caught sneaking around. Emma pushed the thought aside for time being, before turning to the counter that the male had just went behind.

Last edited by Lightning_Serah; 07-11-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 PM

"Ah, Delilah and Demitri! Good morning, guys!" Faye piped out from the kitchen, putting her now-finished tray of unbaked croissants into the oven. She washed her hands again to get rid of the buttery smell lingering on her fingers, and shook her wet hands dry. Then she walked outside to find four people waiting in the body of the cafe. She knew both pairs: Delilah and Demitri were siblings that she had recently shown the ropes to for running the register and taking orders. The other pair of siblings were Kyle and Emma, regulars that Faye had chatted with every now and then. It would be a strange day to not find them sitting at their usual table.

"Don't worry about it," Faye directed at Demitri, with a smile, "I got here a bit late too. That's why Zephyr and I aren't really done with the preparations..." She then turned her attention to the twins. "But Zephyr's almost done with his cake! And he's got some delicious lemon meringue cupcakes on the cooling rack waiting to be frosted. You know what a perfectionist he is about those things... and coffee's almost done too, so you guys can just relax at your seats and I'll bring something out when it's done." With a wink, she added, "Coffee'll be on the house today, since we made you wait."

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-11-2011 at 06:05 PM..

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM

"Good, again, sorry. In a rush," she explained to the dark haired male in front of her. She grinned, a pearly white smile that lit up her foreign features. Glancing at Faye, the grin seemed to grow even more, relief floating through the redhead's vivid green eyes. "Thank goodness," she said to Faye and laughed a bit. "I'm Delilah," she introduced herself to the male and the girl that appeared to be his sibling.

"Want anything special? I can probably whip something else real fast while Zephyr finishes the big stuff," Delilah offered, having to crane her head up a bit to look at the dark haired male in front of her. She felt something hit her back and turned her head, glaring at her older brother.

"Hey Faye!" Demetri shouted back at the girl, enjoying the small rhyme the two words created. "Ah, slow day? Those cupcakes sound delicious," He asked Faye and nodded in understanding. Bored, he looked at Delilah talking to the two customers. Grabbing a straw, he unwrapped and balled up the white paper, sending it flying at Delilah. After it hit her back and she turned around, annoyance written all over her face, he bent the straw and sent it soaring at her, hitting her collar bone.

The brunette male laughed in satisfaction at the audible THWAP! the straw created as it hit his sister. He could see a red spot form on her collar bone and edged farther from the counter as she glared daggers at him.

"Du bist ein Schwein-Hund, Demetri!" Delilah shouted at her brother. You are a pig-dog, Demetri, the redhead had yelled, pig-dog being one of the worst insults in her country. He put his hands up in mock surrender and Delilah rolled her eyes, turning back to the customer in front of her. "Are you looking for someone," she asked the girl, noticing she was looking off.

Before Delilah looked away, the older sibling stuck out his tongue in a childish manner, letting her know she hadn't won their mini, almost argument. "Hi, I'm Demetri if you couldn't guess," he said to the girl that Delilah had just directed her question at. She had turned to the counter and Demetri glanced to the left when he thought he heard soft, distance footsteps. His brow furrowed a bit, a lock of chocolate colored hair, with a natural, random blond streak in the front, fell in his eyes. Forest green eyes, the same color as his sister's, blinked at the girl, ignoring the foot steps he had heard.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 06:39 PM

"Hey, behave, you two!" Faye, said sternly, but her authority was betrayed by a sheepish grin that was plastered over her face. She shook her head, then turned towards the kitchen. "Well, I'm gonna wrap things up in the kitchen. I'm trusting you two to hold down fort out here, okay? And that," she wagged a finger at the two employees, "means keep it a little more professional, okay?" With a final grin, she waltzed back into the kitchen, finding Zephyr done with his cake and working tirelessly on the lemon meringue cupcakes she had set on the cooling rack moments before. She stretched her fingers and picked up a spare piping bag that Zephyr had filled with frosting that had not fit in his own piping bag, and began to ice the remaining ones as Zephyr used a mini kitchen torch to brown the frosting.

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-11-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Emma and Kyle both nodded and smiled as they listened to Faye talk, before turning their attention to the siblings. "Cool, nice to meet you Delilah. My name is Kyle." He introduced, before quickly looking over to his twin to see if she had anything to say, but turned back once he noticed she wasn't paying attention.

"No, it's fine. Thanks, though." He told her, before watching the two argue with each other. Him and Emma both laughed some, both being reminded of the little arguements they usually had with each other.

"Oh, I'm not looking for anyone," Emma explained to the girl, "I just thought I heard something, that's all.." She told her, before looking back at the boy that had now been speaking to her.

"Hey! My name is Emma." She told the male.