Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 PM

Alright... so, I totally intended to go to MoMo-con this year. I really did.

I bought my ticket for the con, I bought my plane ticket, I paid a bum on the street corner for his cup-o-noodles so I was totally ready for my action packed animetastical weekend. It was all planned out, so perfectly timed and planned in fact that the sheer beauty of the plan made the angels sing, the sinners reform, and the republicans decide gay marriage isn't so bad.

So, I got in my car, a ford taurus, nothing special, and I thought to myself, 'You know... this isn't awesome enough for my awesome trip.' So I called into a radio show and challenged the host to a dance off. I drove to the recording studio and we decided it would be a 2/3 challenge, three songs, three danced, played on dance-dance-revolution. I pulled on my lucky rainbow & unicorn sneakers and I took my place on the left dance pad, 'cause everyone knows the right one's wrong. So, I got to choose the first song, since I was the challenger.

I chose 'Love Love Sugar', and prepared my feet.

My moved were practiced and perfectly in time, sweat was dripping from my brow, and my feet were moving so quickly they scorched the dance pad. At the end I struck my signature disco pose and waited for our scores to come up on the screen. I -totally- won. By like, a bajillion points.

His turn to choose, I did some stretches while he scrolled through songs, watching him closely to learn more about the enemy, as every good dancer does. To my horror, he chose some honkey tonk country song that had been remixed opera style and put through a digital enhancer to make the voices sound like Alvan and the Chipmunks. I stood ready, although horrified, as my ears began to bleed, and then began to dance. I started off strong, but the beat, it was so... sparatic, I just couldn't hold it, and the voices, they were terrible. Blood mixed with sweat and clouded my vision and with the slightest miss-step I was flung backwards over the coffee table. The pain... the humiliation... but I wouldn't back down.

The final song was chosen by the randomizor, and I stood, ready to dance. My ribs stuck out from my terrible fall, but I didn't care. It was just me and the dance pad now, and I wasn't going to lose. The last song was Sakura Sakura.

I grinned, this game was in the bag. I'd played the song so many times I could do it with my eyes shut. I hit every note with such perfect timing that he irritating game voice that shouted 'good job', 'you're the man', and other such encouragements was totally speechless. The famous dancers of the past appeared in spirit, drawn to me by the rhythm of my amazing moves. I flipped up onto my hands and danced, gaining oohs and ahhhs from the gathered crowd, and those fell into ieeeaghas and bare-my-childrens as I began to dance on my elbows.

I did three backflips and landed on my tongue on the final note, in my signature spread eagal pose, and the crowd went wild. The creators of DDR even asked me to join them as their mascot, but I refused. I had a convention to go to, and I'd just won the prise that would get me there.

Satisfied and proud, I got into the luxurious backseat of my brand new stretch limo wiener-mobile, driven by my driver who called himself Jacques. We were on the road, and doing well for time. I'd crammed my ribs back in, held in place by some bubble gum and taped up with packing tape, and we were jamming out to some Beethoven as we made our way down the highway on the way to the airport.

Halfway there the wiener mobile gave a sudden lurch.

"What is it Jacques?" I demanded in horror, but there was no response. Another lurch, and then the insistent sound of.... chewing. Now, it should have been common sense that this would happen, I mean, everyone knows wombats just love wieners, but this still came as a surprise to me.A gang of rabid wombats had mistaken my wiener mobile for a real wiener, and after going to all of the effort of catching it only to find it was only metal, it had enraged the creatures to insane levels.

I jumped out the exhaust pipe in hopes they wouldn't notice me, but alas, I was caught. My poor driver had already been eaten, and it seemed I would be next. So I resorted to natural instinct.

Kung-fu.

I busted out those moves like you wouldn't believe. I kicked and hi-yahed until every last wombat was ready for soup.

Brushing the dust from my clothes, I stared at the demolished wiener mobile. I would need a new ride.

I pulled out my cellphone and scrolled through my contacts and hit up by good buddy in the white house.

"Yo, Bisu, how's it hangin'?" Obama asked, glad to hear from me.

"Obama, buddy, it's been a while! Hey, listen, you know that awesome convention, Momo-con?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way right now. The girls are so excited! They're dressed up as Sailor moon characters and convinced me to go as Tuxedo Mask. Security says no one will guess my true identity if I wear a black suit instead of a blue one, a thin mask, and carry a rose." Obama said with excitement.

"Oh, totally! Look, can I get a favor? I was on my way when my wiener deflated!"

"Oh, that's awful!"

"Can I hitch a ride?"

"Sure, anything for my buddy Bisu~!"

So, with that settled, we were on the way in his chopper to Momo-con. Well, that settled, everything was going smoothly until suddenly terrorists in hot air balloons appeared on either side of the chopper. They were Eskimo Yettie Slayers, and they wanted blood!

The battle began with everything from cannons to bazookas, and after several hours of combat the chopper was hit and we began to spiral downwards. Apparently Yetties wear masks, so they thought Obama was a yettie! Who would have guessed?

We crash landed and Obama's mask fell off in the scuffle as he saved his children, his wife busy yelling at the driver for everything from bad direction to terrible wardrobe. The Yettie slayers apologized profusely for the mix up, and offered to let us ride the rest of the way on their woolly mammoths.

I told Obama to go on ahead and get my badge for me while I readied my mamoth. However, I had no idea mamoths were so slow! After hours and hours of harsh travels through a terrible blizzard, we finally arrived. To my horror, a small sign was taped to the gate.

"Due to the awesomeness of Momo-con the convention has been moved to the heavens where only cool (and quite dead) people like Abe Lincoln can get in. Bisu, please hurry, we miss you! And bring Elvis, it's about time his immortality ran out."

So I sighed and made a final call to my best friend, good old Grim, the reaper. By the time he was able to make a break in his busy schedule for me there was only a short amount of time left before the convention ended. I traveled through space and time, dieing a slow painful death, which I took like a man.

I bowed before the pearly gates of Momo-con, nothing left but traces of awesome, some confetti, and a very confused Yoda cos-player. The convention was over.

Totally a true story.

(F-t?)

Last edited by Burnt Biscuits; 03-17-2009 at 10:15 PM..

wasashu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 PM

my brain is too fried to be creative to come up with an awesome excuse like everyone else TwT but i guess i can tell you the truths since it's all i could say:

washuu lives all the way in califorinia for now, and if it werent for me going to school there i would be more far out west in the pacifac! Plus i had no car and not enough money for a plane ticket to fly over to georgia, as much as i enjoy attending cons <3

If anything and i was able to make it to momocon this year and meet you guys of menewsha, I would draw mene a lil gift for its first convention!

(male shirt if anything please)

Last edited by wasashu; 03-17-2009 at 07:53 PM..

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM

I live on planet melmokitty. Mr. Fluffy BonJiggly and I were desperate to make it to your con, so we could get some of your hole-y swag. BonJiggly filled out our passports in delicious green icing, to celebrate your holiday of St. Paddy's Drunken Disillusionment.

We had just taken our wheels through the worm hole, when we realized our mini-knubblers had licked all of the icing off of the passports. Since we didn't have the proper forms, your officers insisted on searching or orifices for illegal fruits and vegetables.

I will never understand you humans, aren't you giving away peaches at the convention? Is that not a fruit?

We offered them helium, the drug of our home planet, which they seemed to enjoy immensely. They immediately gave an impromptu rendition of the 14th century boys to girls group Off'Sync. We were forced to stay and listen for several days. That is why we missed your con. May we please have a tee-shirt with which to stuff our poor bleeding ears?

Female Tee Please

Last edited by Emrysa; 03-17-2009 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: To Say Female Tee Please. :)

Care Bear Chaos
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2009, 08:50 PM

I am a teenage girl living in england, I can't come to the convention because I can not afford it.

I always hear of it and it always sounds so good.
Maybe one day I will be able to go.

I have no idea if I must make up a creative excuse like everyone else but I sure did tell the truth.

Good luck to everyone else who trys for those pretty t-shirts :3

Lady Star
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Lady Star

Old 03-17-2009, 09:49 PM

The truth has always been for me. I live in the Caribbean and couldn't afford a flight to be there :/

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 PM

I was at Momo con. =3 It was fun. I'm female.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 PM

Yar, you post in the other thread. The link is in the first post I believe.
xD

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM

Oppes, sorry. :sweat:

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)
Send a message via AIM to Rawrsaurus Send a message via MSN to Rawrsaurus

Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Siiince I'm in Texas and couldn't get a flight there, and I had schoooool and...yupp, I can't even start a creative story, since I'm that uncreative

And I'm male, in case I actually get one XD

Last edited by Rawrsaurus; 03-17-2009 at 11:39 PM..

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-18-2009, 12:17 AM

Well it started off on a sunny day up here in Pennsylvania. It was clearing 62 degrees, and it was no longer butt cracking cold outside. I stepped out from my house in the middle of the sunlit day. I didn't watch my step when I walked out of the house, and fell into a giant hole of space. I started screaming, but no one could here me because I was the only one home. The hole closed up, so I couldn't get out. I fell into deep space landed on the moon where the crazy space ninjas were there ready to attack me with their crazy katars! I shrugged because I knew they weren't tough enough for my power rangers clan! I summoned my power rangers with my thought-to-be flashlight. Once I defeated the ninjas with my power ranger buddies, I kicked their ninja butts back into space, they flew into a star, and burned up.

Once that was over, I jumped around the moon, and had lots of fun with my ranger friends.

Then, I woke up in a daze to find myself in a hospital. I looked at my mother and asked what happened? She told me I fell off the step of the house and had such a shock that I fainted and passed out the whole day.

Haha life is such a mirage.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 AM

Someone told me Georgia was in Russia, and there's no way in hell I'd be going to Russia for a convention! ):<

I'm a female. ;D

Last edited by Risque; 03-18-2009 at 10:52 PM..

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 AM

not a great story but I was celebrating pi day and white's day and going on a nice date and taking a day off after my hectic midterms before break. Also I can not afford plane ticket being flat broke college student, and live half way across the country.

Ithir
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 AM

I'm going to tell you exactly how I spent the weekend of Momocon. And it's all truly exaggerated.

Friday, at 4 PM, my quizbowl team marched from the school building and boarded the bus, where we discovered that the door was broken and wouldn't lock. But we were already packed, so we decided to ignore it. And we brought a lot of stuff, including a box of books that took up the entire seat that we passed around and studied from. On the way down, we got mooned by some guy's hair ass. : /

Then we got to the hotel and checked in, then we argued about dinner and wound up at Cracker Barrel. After that, we walked across the parking lot from our hotel to get: Pies. As Saturday was pi day. We walked into Bob Evans demanding "Pie? Pie?" "Do you have whole pies?" "If there's no pies, I'll be pissed."

The next morning we began our epic journey to win the State of Indiana ('s quizbowl trophy.) We defeated one team, then another, then two more. We were on fire and seeded first. Then, the idiots on the team (By idiots, I mean the 8 guys. K-mart and I are quite reasonable.), began joking about 'What if we get to the finals and lose to X?' X being a most hated school.

I'm sure you see where this is going. We lost to X for the title, then grumbled off to check and see if any of the guys got into MIT. They did not, so we ate our pies to console ourselves. And one guy changed his pants in the back, there was a tickle attack between three of the guys, and we tried to write on another guy's neck. It failed, as we forgot our felt tipped pens.

Then we went to dinner back home and all went home and passed out. Then I did homework Sunday. Basically, I spent Momocon hanging out with my favorite group of guys, and am still sane to tell the story.

True story. Female T, if it should so please you.

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 AM

Let me tell it was hard to go to Momocon. You want to know why? well, How will you like to find out your Bounty Hunting a bad guy who's wanted for $$150,000 and offen refered as "Vash the Stampede. on the top of it I have a problem with two guys who couldn't get along: Ken and Spike. you won't believe there's another one dealing with trying get hold of Ken: Naraku. that's why I couldn't show up.:sweat::lol:

Meister
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 03-18-2009, 02:21 AM

I'll keep a short story, well, short.
I wasn't able to go because it's too far away.
I live in little ol' Delaware where nothing ever happens.
I've never been to a con, so it sucks I couldn't make it.
I hope to go to one someday, they seem like a lot of fun.
I doubt I will win a t-shirt but if by some marvelous miracle I do I will take a female shirt.

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 AM

d2: haha 3.14 day! lol that is such a funny day!

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 AM

My mind is not creative enough to think of a good excuse for missing out on Momocon, so I'll stick with the truth. :lol:
I live in California. xD I can't afford a plane ticket all the way to Georgia, and I'm just.. unlucky like a lot of people, 'cause I'm sure everyone would have went to Momocon if they could. :3

And.. I'd like a female t-shirt if I happen to get one. xD

Last edited by suppi; 03-18-2009 at 03:54 AM..

Peanut
Banned

Old 03-18-2009, 02:53 AM

Well, I'm gonna post the truth. xDD
I could not attend Momocon for realistic reasons.
Mainly, I signed up for the statewide BETA Club Convention wayy back in January, and I was signed up to participate in the Spelling contest and the quiz bowl. (This was from March 13th-14th, but we didn't get back home until 2:30 AM on the 15th, mind you.)
Sadly, I didn't place in spelling, and the quiz bowl team didn't make it to finals. D:
HOWEVER, it was really fun. We sang. We danced. We partied. We used our brains. We met new people. We ate new foods. (By "we" I mean my school's BETA club)
3 Of our members got first, 1 got second, 1 got third, and our group talent got second. It was kickass. (I could take pics of the schedule booklet + me + my certificate for participating in spelling if needed. ;D I might be able to dig up my school's group talent on youtube~)
Next, I lack money. I live in Missouri and Georgia's pretty far away. D:
Also, I'm a minor, so my parents would have to come, and they refused.
Bleh. I want a t-shirt though. xD
If you could take this into consideration, I'd be grateful~
Thanks! <3

WITH LOVE, Peabutt.

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 03-18-2009, 03:12 AM

Despite my current habitation being in California, I had made plans to go to Momo-con. I had even made a Yumeh costume which I had planned to wear to surprise CK and Omi. Excited with my costume, I had decided to wear it to bed so I wouldn't waste anytime putting it on tomorrow. To prevent heat exhaustion and hot flashes (for the costume was very stuffy, but I decided to sacrifice my well-being for the good of Menewsha), I cranked the A/C down to 40 degrees Fahrenheit. With the tickets set on my table the day before, which was Friday, I prepared to go to bed. However, my anxiousness caused me to set half of the clocks in my house ahead one hour, and the other half back an hour. Unfortunately, I somehow spent 18 hours in some sort of space-time continuum loop, reliving Friday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source that has trapped me in the loop, which happened to be e^log(pi) x sin(ln(x)^30) for the clocks in the house while simultaneously hopping on one foot. However, after reversing the polarity of the clocks, the clashing of polarities caused an explosion, the hot air of the explosion decimated my tickets, but fortunately, the yumeh costume saved me. However, it was destroyed in the process.

Here is what the yumeh costume looked like after the explosion:

Although, was destroyed in the process. Now with no ticket or costume, I wandered the streets (this was Sunday, please don’t ask me how I ended up on Sunday, the tragic events have made me forgotten how to explain the days jumping ahead) looking for someone who I could trick persuade to give the ticket to me. I finally found someone who would be willing to give up their entrance card for me in exchange for $50. I only had $40 on me, for I had spent my savings on materials for my costume, so I had to do some horrible, horrible things I will not mention in order to get the tickets. Turns out, when I gave the security guards my ticket, they were thrown back at me proclaiming it was fake.

Here is what the card looked like:

I went back to my old hotel room in despair, wondering what Momo-con would have been like and not having the chance to meet CK and buy original Omi art. ;_____;

I guess, if I couldn't go, a female shirt might make up for my misfortunes.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-18-2009, 04:40 AM

Unless I happened to have run across Paris Hilton in Surprise and she pittilly gave me money for a round trip ticket/hotel fair to go to Georgia for Momocon, being stuck in Arizona and living in a crappy economy are my sad reasons for not going.

Sry, I know it's lame.

Female plzkthx.

L i x i e
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 AM

I'm too lazy to go on my main, it's Winter Wind. :3

Here's my tragic sob tale.

So, I was going to the airport so I could fly to Georgia to go to the Momocon 2009. See, I live in California.

Just when I got to the airport, an alien penguin from Pluto abducted my suitcase! I ran and ran after it, weaving through the throngs of people, hopping over chairs, then all of a sudden they said my flight was leaving!

I mean, jeez, I thought they called your name a few times before the plane leaves?

I sat down, cursed the penguin, then decided there was nothing to be done. I slowly trudged to my car. My next brilliant plan was to drive to Georgia. Well, if I was going to get there in two hours, I'd have to use my secret light-speed pedal.

When I was on the freeway, my foot was an inch away from the light-speed pedal when a cop stopped me.

Can you believe it?
His radar can see THROUGH cars to see where your foot is at!
Good grief.
...not to mention this lecherous look in his eyes.
I'm sure he used it to see...other things.
D<

So basically, I paid $600 for a plane ticket, lost my suitcase, and a heavy fine of $2000, and I didn't get to go to Momocon 2009.

Eff my life.
-cries-

Last edited by L i x i e; 03-18-2009 at 05:15 AM..

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM

Let me tell you the absolute and undeniable truth of why I couldn't attend Momocon 2009,although I REALLY REALLY wanted to.

Not many people know this, but I live in Eastern to Central Europe,in Serbia to be precise.As you probably know (or maybe don't know), Serbia is a country which is waaaaaaay behind in development politically as well as economically,hence the fees for making a passport are through the roof!I tackled that problem,since I already have a passport,but I bet you have no idea how hard it is to get a visa for the US,do you?Since you announced the attendance on the convention on the 13th February,that's not nearly enough time for me to gather all the necessary paperwork,prove that I have not been convicted, prove how much money I am making and prove all the small,unimportant facts about my measly existance to the all important people at the embassy.Not to mention it takes approximately 17 hours to get there by plane,not to mention that to my measly teacher's pay,I could have barely afford the plane ticket.

In addition to that,I would have had to excuse myself from work,skip my exams and miss out a chance on going out with a really hot guy on Saturday. xD

So,if this isn't an excuse enough,I don't know what is. xD

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2009, 11:50 AM

Well, my reason for not being there is:

I live Far (with capial F) away from the place where the event was.
I live in... The Netherlands. Europe. It's far away. Can't just buy a
ticket and go I guess. Life goes on. Work, etc.
It think I am not the only one with this reason though.

I wish I could be there though. I've never even been to an anime-con
or something in my life. I just don't have money for a ticket.
I can't even go to Coldplay in september, in the Netherlands =x
Life.... is the name of the game we play =_=

Last edited by Elwing; 03-18-2009 at 11:53 AM..

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 PM

I couldn't go to the MomoCon because I honestly could not afford it. Seems like we're living from paycheck to paycheck here lately. I try my hardest to alot a little money each moth to donate to Menewsha because I truly love this place and like the idea of being able to support it financially.

In the unlikely event that I am among those chosen, I would like a female t shirt.

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM

Unfortunately, the convention was just not a possibility for me to attend. The cost of travel is not an option for this old granny on a fixed income who watches her grandchildren around the clock. In addition to that, the two little munchkins spent the week hacking up their lungs and running fevers, sharing their germs with their loving granny while she tended to them day and night. Subsequently, this poor old granny also became ill, and spent the weekend blowing her brains out, forming a nice large tower of tissues in the garbage can. This story is true, albeit with a bit of sadistic humor attached to it. ;)

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you should decide to bestow this old granny with a shirt, please make it a female shirt. Thank you very much! You can attribute the forgetfulness to senility setting in, hehe.

Last edited by Fiziali; 03-19-2009 at 12:00 AM..