Miss_Muffinz13x
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 PM

sometimes i wish i had a deathnote. Who else watches death note?

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 PM

Ive seen the entire series, read the manga completely, seen both live action movies, and watched the 2 OVAS recapping the death note anime with extras and deleted scenes thrown in. I know everything there is to know about death note and I don't mean to sound arrogant but it is true. I know it so very well ive seen it over 6 times over and the ova about 5 times only read the manga about twice but it was a good one.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 PM

I'm with Obviously. I even have the 'how to read' book, and sat thru Change the WorLd.

Death Note is a fave of mine. ♥

and oh! it would SO rock if there truly was such thing as a death note. Many of my neighborhood's gossips would be in the ground by now. *innocent whistle*

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 PM

lol theres a rumor that there is a second series in the works based on the end of the ova where they show the shinigami that looks like light talking to ryuk I really think its him espescially since ryuk says Light to him directly. at the end and you see the shinigami that looks like light going into the human world. possibly to have his dream continued with someone else doing the writing and he doing the thinking.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 PM

That would be very cool There's a lot of potential to the concept, obviously. Note all the fanfic out there, after all! XD

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:19 PM

I've never seen it, but I hear it's good up until L is killed off.

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 PM

oh its amazing throughout it continues to be amazing even after L dies just the 2 characters that replace L are kind of lacking and I don't much care for.

its my all time fav anime its an anime about outwitting and manipulating rather than outright fighting.

darkmystery11234
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM

I think that death note the manga is amazing in the begining, then to me it gets kind of boring later on.

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 AM

I watched the anime in 9th grade in a little over a week and a half. I have the live action and the sequel. I used to be so obsessed with it. Haha

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
Ive seen the entire series, read the manga completely, seen both live action movies, and watched the 2 OVAS recapping the death note anime with extras and deleted scenes thrown in. I know everything there is to know about death note and I don't mean to sound arrogant but it is true. I know it so very well ive seen it over 6 times over and the ova about 5 times only read the manga about twice but it was a good one.
Same here except I have seen both action movies about 12 times each ( I have them on Dvd)
I have seen the anime 3-4 times
I have read the manga 3 times (some volumes more than that)
And the Ovas/ How to read about eh....2 times

Minsia

Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM

I have watched the movie. And played the game. Does anybody know about the game?) BTW I think I Would be So Happy if there was anything like death note. :3 :angel:

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 PM

I watched both the subbed and the dubbed versions of the anime and read the manga. I don't know if I can choose a favorite version! The live-action movies bother me a little because they completely altered the character design. L looked great, but Misa shouldn't have black hair and neither should Light. Both the anime and the manga had the same look and I wish they had kept it in the live-action as well. I will say that finishing the manga triggered a huge crisis of faith for me (it didn't help that I didn't have a lot of faith to begin with). Though looking back now, it also jump started a lot of important decisions about my life and how I looked at the world. There was one part in the author notes at the beginning of the book (I don't remember what volume) where he talked about driving endlessly and turning left then right at each T-intersection. And when he tried to return home, the turns were all just side roads and he had to call someone for help getting home. I don't know why that stuck with me, but I felt very strange after reading it.

On a slightly different note, I would never be able to use a Death Note. I would want it just so no one else would have it and because it would be fun to hang with a god of death. There is only one situation where I would ever consider using it and that would be to save someone I loved from dying. Or to off repeat sex and animal abuse offenders. No, I have no right to chose who lives and who dies...but I don't think I could control my dark side forever. One more reason I'm glad I don't have one.