Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 AM

Name: Malum Lihau

~~~~~~~~~~

This day couldn't possibly get any worse.

First and foremost, this had been Malum's third day on the road, on a nearly thirty-three hour journey from his hometown of boggy New Orleans, Louisiana to the middle of sunny California. Though he stopped to rest several times at different hotels, he was downright exhausted from the journey, and when he first stumbled out of his shiny red Prius in the campus parking lot, some of the other students (he neglected to notice them in his drowsy state) stared profusely at him as he ambled on by. He must have looked like the walking dead.

From there, his day only soured further. No less than ten different staff members were there to greet Malum at the entrance, an entourage he definitely didn't appreciate as he trudged to the dean's office (and he let them know it, too, with his venomous glaring). More attention was the last thing he needed--he was already under major scrutiny by the student body. He was a genius of biblical proportions, and this particular males-only university fought tooth and nail against other prestigious institutions for Malum's attendance. Rumors spread far and wide about this incoming freshman from the deep south...but he certainly wasn't what most had been expecting.

Malum was a short fellow, rather petite in fact, with pallid skin and ruby red eyes. His hair was a plain mousy brown, cut short in the back but cascading down lower in the front. He wasn't the gangling, bespectacled, unsightly poindexter the student body was expecting. Malum was quite attractive, in fact. But some of their expectations were proven true. A couple of the other super-intelligent students attempted to make conversation with him as he exited the dean's office, but he completely brushed them off, instead storming past them in a huff. Apparently, he wasn't the most social of creatures.

The pale brunette spent the next half hour forcefully hauling a dolly full of luggage around campus, muttering obscenities under his breath. Oh, he was furious...and for good reason. There were several prestigious schools on his list, and this one topped that list...but truly, one of the only reasons he accepted the offer of this university was because they met one of his most outrageous and luxurious (for an underclassman, anyway) demands. They promised him a single room--one all to himself. That promise fell through at the last moment, though. The administration explained the overcrowding situation to a sullen, angry Malum, but the enraged brunette stormed out before they could even tell him about his new roommate.

"Finally!" A few students jumped at the sudden exclamation, but Malum expertly ignored them, his intimidating crimson gaze instead focused on the gold-plated placard that read 'Dormitory Thirteen.' He looked bone-tired, even from a distance, so he opted to take the elevator to the third floor, where he knew his room was located, rather than manhandle the dolly up the stairs. Once safely out of the elevator, Malum straightened his back confidently as he strode down the hallway, shiny silver key in hand. He stopped at the end of the hallway, squinting at the door to his room with a hint of unease.

...Should he knock first? Malum stood there for a long moment, feeling paranoid and peeking over his shoulder every few seconds...before he finally rapped his knuckles against the door. Just in case his single roommate was already in there.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-01-2015, 06:22 AM

Robert had been looking forward to this year, a year finely free of any other roommates. No one to mess with his small fridge, creating science experiments that made it smell for the rest of the year. He had only just now gotten the smell of whatever his last roommate Dan had been growing in there last year. The ability to spread out and have some of his more valuable items there and not have to store them at a unite nearby. His set of drums his grandfather had made him were his pride and joy. He had had them shipped down just so he could have them nearby this year. But all that changed when a week in he found the letter tapped to his door.

Dear Robert Delancey
Dew to over population your request for a privet room has been declined. While we will strive to make this year the best last year for you, we request you do not flood the office with demands for your roommate to be moved out. If another room becomes available we will contact you again and see if you wish to be transferred.
Respectfully
Adam Williamson
Dean of Student Housing

Cursing Robert jammed his key into the lock and thrust the door open. Slitting his Chocolate brow eyes he scanned the room seeing if this roommate had arrived before him. Not finding the reported roommate he tossed his stuff in front of His closet on the right of the door. He was probable going to get one of those stupid hippies that thought him being part native would mean that he could score them all the good stuff. It would make sense with the student coming in a week pasted the start of classes. He pulled his posters off the wall under the loft bed acrossed from his. The couch was already covered in his stuff, the window above it hung with dream catchers his younger sisters had made for him to bring a bit of home into his place. Pulling his deep chestnut hair back in a pony tail he set to work clearing all his valuables from the room. No point in having them damaged or stolen by this upstart.

An hour later he was just getting the last of his drums into their boxes to ship back home when some one knocked on the door. hoping that it was Arnold with an invite to the Bookworm pub he pulled the door open. He blinked once, then twice down at the brown haired baby in front of him. “and you are?” his Lilth form seeming to fill the door. then seeing the dolly of stuff he rolled his eyes and stepped aside. “no need to tell me, you’re the roommate.” He said the word like it tasted disgusting to him.

Pointing to the loft bed on the wall right of the door he spoke more to the window in front of him then to Malum. “That’s your side of the room this is mine.” He waved to the left, the wall was covered in small paintings of native art, a small fridge was jammed between the desk that was under the loft and the wall. “The Fridge is off limits, if you need to store food, get your own. I am NOT dealing with another stinky mess.” He turned around and glared at Malum. “Just so you know I did not want this, I have paid my dues with roommates. This was to be my year without, so don’t get comfortable. I will be talking to the dean and anyone else that I need to, to get you out of here.” He sounded beyond frustrated.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-01-2015, 06:41 AM

Despite the massive (well, to him, anyway...) size of the student before him, Malum refused to physically back down, or even flinch for that matter. He was absolutely fearless, which could be both a bad and a good thing. It was always good when dealing with unsavory individuals or people who thought they could walk all over him because of his size...but it was also bad when combined with his notoriously quick temper, infamous silver tongue, and his near-complete lack of respect for authority. The fact that that was obviously an upperclassman standing in front of him was instantly overlooked, and that little tidbit could not stop the deluge that came after.

"Piss off, you great ugly brute."

Oh, Malum was angry, all right. His tone was sharp and his eyes glistened with fury. But even so, he never once raised his voice. He found that speaking softly, but sharply was always a surefire way to infuriate and disorient his opponents. He arched a dark, well-defined eyebrow. "You think you're something special, don't you?" This time, he made a point of sounding just as condescending as his new roommate had. "That your previous years of study here somehow entitle you to this sense of superiority over someone such as myself. That won't fly with me. And it will stop. Now."

The petite brunette marched fearlessly past the taller student, making a point of knocking elbows with him. For his small size, he was surprisingly scrappy and bold!

"What makes you think I wanted this any more than you did?" The words continued to escape him, but he didn't bother sparing his new roommate a single glance. "What, you think I marched down to the dean's office, barged in, and demanded to share a room with you? Well, I most certainly did not. So stop blaming me for something that's far beyond my control." Malum hefted his first suitcase up and onto his bed. It contained a few plain-looking outfits--he obviously wasn't the most stylish of people.

"Stay out of my way, you big ugly brute. Touch anything of mine and I will fillet you like a fish." Malum still refused to look at the other student, a blatant sign of disrespect, and instead trotted off to the small dresser on his side of the room. "Go away, now. Shoo. Skedaddle. I need to unpack, and you don't want to be around me anyway. So go, ah..." He made a dismissive hand motion. "Do whatever it is you do. Somewhere else."

Just as he finished loading up the dresser--there wasn't much clothing to begin with--a bored-sounding humming noise escaped the brunette. "It's Malum, by the way." His tone was still icy and uninviting. "That's my name."

Lunna Dea

Old 02-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Robert raised his eyebrow at the insult as the shorter student insulted him. Never had he been called a brute before. With his slim and Svelte frame he had usually been called gangly or wiry not Brute. Well with the tone of this one he was not dealing with a hippie. That was the only thing he could find good in this as he was passed by the brunette. Something about the shorter one was off but he really could not put his finger on it. Maybe it was just that most of the students around here did not act like they were kings of the castle. “and you think your entitled? Who do you think you are? The king of Siam?” This was not going well, even if they only were stuck with each other for a few days this was going to blow up soon if they kept up with this.

“no I did not think that you had, I just thought to make it clear that I was not interested in having a room mate so don’t get comfortable in the room. Likely some freshmen is going to realize that daddies idea of the best collage is not their idea and they will go running home to mommy in the next few days. So then you can have your space and I can have mine.” While the hint of anger was still there is had cooled a bit and now had a hint of surprise. Pulling his tight teeshirt down he turned back to his bed and folded into the chair that was there at the desk.

“you know the Filleting threat would only scare me if I did not know how to handle a knife well. As it is I won the Field dressing competitions at my local 4h the last six years I was there.”
Pulling out a book from his bag he opened it up and balanced it on his leg as he tucked his ankle up on his thigh. He watched his new roommate from the corner of his eyes as he tried to read the book in front of him. The dark tone of his jeans only made the lean muscles on his legs more pronounced. “and no I am not going to shoo or skedaddle, this is my room just as much as yours. I am not going to leave here.” Settling down into the chair he projected the image of a bear settling into its den.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-01-2015, 07:24 AM

"Allow me to let you in on a little secret." Malum finally graced the other man with a glance, still hostile and venomous. First impressions meant a great deal to him, especially considering matters of respect, and it would be a while before he was even slightly polite in the other's presence. "I requested a single room, too. So I don't want you around either. I suggest leaving me alone to unpack now, before I really get angry."

He was a loner through and through, and he despised having to share personal space with other people. Even when his poor parents brought him home from the hospital as an infant, he shrieked almost nonstop because he had to share a room with his brother. It took his parents a decent amount of time to realize that Malum needed his own space, and they finally relinquished their office space to the screaming infant. He was an extremely private person, and it showed as he unpacked his things. He put a great deal of effort into concealing his belongings until they were stowed away. The dresser he brought along with him, much larger than the school-issued variety, was peculiar...the drawers all had keyholes. Probably to lock important items away. He unearthed his pricey Alienware laptop, but slipped that straight into a briefcase, which was also locked up tightly. Malum also inadvertently revealed, as he unpacked, that he had an impressive collection of books, all fictional...and he quickly hid them away in his locked dresser. School supplies and miscellaneous items aside, he didn't have very much with him. The very last piece of luggage was a bag of bathroom supplies, which (oddly enough) he stuffed into one of his lockable dresser drawers.

Malum didn't trust his new roommate. Not in the slightest. What was even more startling was that he had been expecting a room all to himself and he still had all of this lockable storage. He was awfully paranoid and mistrusting, and his issues were bound to get worse now that he had to share his space with someone else. He spent the next couple of minutes changing out the clean white school sheets with his own blue flannel set. He apparently needed at least three pillows to sleep, because that was how many he brought along with him. After setting his bed up, Malum shoved the locked briefcase underneath the bed with the rest of his school supplies. Immediately afterward, he flopped over onto his bed, his back turned toward his new roommate.

He was dead tired--he felt weary down to his very bones. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, and anyone who disturbed his sleep was cruising for a bruising. Malum was a devout night owl, and many of his classes were night classes. He used this partially as an excuse to bag himself a single room--after all, his schedule would disrupt any potential roommates. As this roommate would surely realize soon enough, Malum was a homebody. He didn't drink. He hated parties. If he wasn't at class, he would be in his dorm room.

He was a difficult customer, that was for sure.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 AM

Robert ignored his comment about wanting space to unpack. Not only was this person taking over his privet room but the guy seemed to think that he needed to have storage moved in that was not the schools closets or dressers. He did not say anything, see as it would only illisted a response that would lead to them having a all out brawl here in the middle of the room but he was not going to back down. If he bowed to the whims of this upstart underclassmen then he was never going to be able to be in the room when the other one was. If the other one wanted to attack him then he was doing so at his own risk, Robert had given him enough warning that he knew how to use weapons.

Watching him unpack and lock everything into the dresser and briefcase he wondered why the other one was so paranoid. Maybe he had come from a boarding school where everyone and no way of securing their stuff and he feared that here. If so he was going to find his roommate did not give a dam what type of clothes he had or if he had the latest playboy. That was his side of the room and Robert was going to pretend that it was not there. The only thing that covered both their sides was the couch under the window acrossed from the door, and that was only used if one of his friends came over, which was not that often. They went out more then stayed in, not that he was a party animal. There was no chance of being one when your scholarship only covered the basic price of your degree.

As his roommate flopped down onto his bed Robert finely looked up from his book. “night or day?” it was a simple question with no feeling behind it. He had got mostly afternoon classes as he had dealt with all the important stuff his first few years and now was dealing with the non prerequisites. He hopped this guy was not a morning person. “my name is Robert Delancey by the way, not that my family is important or anything.” Truth be told his father had only gotten as far as Master Chief in the Cost Guard, not anyone that really mattered, but he liked his last name.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 AM

"Eighty-five percent of my classes take place in the evening. Or during the night, rather." Malum's voice was somewhat muffled by his excessively fluffy pillows. For the first time since confronting Robert in this room, the young man finally lost some of that sharpness his voice previously held. But this was not a sign that trust was beginning to form--no sirree. He was absolutely exhausted, and all he wanted to do was sleep. He had himself all curled up into a little ball, and he kept on laying on his side. This was how he must have slept all the time. All curled up into a ball, in the fetal position.

Yet another display of his paranoia. This was a safe and secure position...was he really that paranoid?

"Never heard of 'em." Whether he was deliberately trying to be impolite by insinuating that his roommate came from an insignificant family or not was unknown. Malum was just exceedingly tired, and he was doing his very best to ignore the unwelcome presence on the other side of the room. This was going to be a nuisance. He simply could not sleep with another person in the room. If their schedules clashed so much that they were rarely together in their shared dorm room, it would be perfectly fine. Malum only had a couple of classes that took place during the day. Hopefully, this other male had most or all of his classes during the day.

That way, they wouldn't have to interact with each other unless they absolutely had to. And that would be just lovely!

The drowsy brunette perked up all of a sudden, lifting his head slightly from his cozy nest of pillows...but he didn't turn to look at Robert. "Lihau. That's my surname." The Lihau family was well-known in the southern states (they founded and still operated a huge oil-drilling business). So...Malum came from a somewhat loaded family. That explained the ridiculously expensive laptop, at least. But...coming from a rich family, this brunette certainly didn't dress the part. His current attire consisted of a black zip hoodie and an old pair of black jeans, as well as a ratty pair of black Converse sneakers with white laces (which had been kicked off just before he collapsed onto his bed).

Lunna Dea

Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 AM

“perfect,” Robert said as he stood up and walked over to turn off the overhead light. If the other was going to try to get some sleep he might as well give him that. He had a small desk lamp that would give him enough light to read by that should not bug the other too much. His eyes wrinkled as he watched the other curl up and raised an eyebrow at him before sitting back down in his chair. The light of the lamp when he clicked it on was no brighter than a lap top.

“I did not really expect you to have heard of them. Only a few in the coast guard do know of my dad.” He went back to reading the book only to a few moments later stand up and pull the curtains closed on the dream catches. His sister would forgive him. He did not want his roommate to in frustration damage them as he closed the curtains. Returning back to his book he reread the same section over again not really seeing it. Was this the way it was going to be in here? Dark and quite for the whole time, each of them sleeping while the other was out?

“Lihau? I have heard of them. dad worked down in the Florida Keys. Wasn’t there something about one of your family’s platforms on the news recently?” That explained a lot, rich parents but left alone all the time meant that he probably did not like to talk much to any one unless it was giving an order. Well if he could help it they would not be together long enough to get on each other’s nerves. “something about some new tech that is supposed to be helping avoid spills?”

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-02-2015, 06:05 AM

"I don't come from a military family." Hm...now there was a hint of irritation in Malum's voice, which peaked as he spoke the word 'family.' Oh, sure...he got on well with his elder brother. They were very close, despite the myriad of differences between them. His parents, however, were a different story altogether. The brunette had a tension-filled relationship with his parents. They never did approve of his lifestyle, nor did they approve of his career aspirations. Malum was a shining academic star. Quite book-smart. He longed to work two careers--one in NASA and one in the conservation of endangered species. His parents wanted him to take over the family business...but Malum had absolutely zero interest.

At first, Malum didn't so much as budge after the other male spoke, and it seemed like he simply hadn't heard him. After a few seconds passed, however, he stirred again, settling in for a long, well-deserved rest. "That's my technological breakthrough that they're touting about as their own." His voice was incredibly scathing. "I don't approve of the excessive consumption of fossil fuels in this country, and oil is one of the worst of the bunch. Disgustingly difficult to harvest, with horrific impacts on the environment. So I made a suggestion--proposed a way to extract the substance without ravaging the environment. They immediately claimed the invention as their own. I should have just kept my mouth shut and waited for one of those safety code hazards they call platforms to explode in a terrible inferno."

For how young this scrawny brunette was, he was certainly articulate. This was a difficult university to get into--the acceptance rate was ten times below the national average! Unless a potential candidate paid their way through or was highly advanced in their academic studies, they were not likely to be selected. Sure, Malum mentioned that he came from a loaded family. But his manner of speaking, and the fact that he came up with an idea to prevent oil from tainting the ocean and groundwater, suggested that he passed the outrageous standards for acceptance rather than forked over a generous amount of money.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 AM

“and I never expected you too.” Robert said more to his book then to his new roommate. Was he always going to get bent out of shape because he did not know something? Or did it have to do with family’s and such. Had there been a raise in his voice on the word family? No he had to have been imagining that it was happening. From all he had seen about this guy and his family they had such a loving environment. Maybe it was just something that had happened recently that had not hit the papers yet that was setting him off.

Robert had thought that his roommate had fallen asleep when he spoke up again. So that was what had ticked him off. he waited as Malum talked on about how he had the idea for the new valve and not the guys over in R&D. “it’s a pity you did not file a patent on the idea before telling them about it. Would not have take to much to file it under your name. then they would have had to pay you for the idea even if you told it to them. you would have had it documented.” Looking up from his book he waited to see if the other young man would say anything more. He had noticed that for the third time he had read the same section over again and he did not want to keep reading about the loss of land to the whites over one more time. It was enough that his father had told him over and over that if his people had stood up for themselves a lot better this whole nation would look different.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-03-2015, 03:39 AM

"I was planning on it. My greedy parents managed to snag it from me, right under my nose." Oh, yes...Malum definitely didn't get along with his parents. And that was strange...weren't all rich kids cocky and super-dependent on their parents? And to call them greedy so blatantly...he certainly had issues with them. The weary brunette curled further into his warm and cozy cocoon of blankets, eventually yanking them up so far that only a tuft of mousy brown hair was visible.

"I've been traveling almost nonstop for upwards of thirty-two hours," he muttered, voice very much muffled now by his heavy blankets and many pillows. "I'm exhausted. If I don't get some sleep, and soon, I may well pass out and not wake up for a day or two." Malum drove all this way by himself. He never even bothered to ask his parents to help him drive to his new university, or help him with his luggage. He knew they would refuse. They were far too busy raking in the dough to care about their home suddenly becoming an empty nest--they didn't want much to do with him anyway, from the time he turned five years of age until now. He was never a son to them--they never did accept him. He doubted that they loved him...and quite honestly, he felt no love for them either. It was likely that after he graduated, he would never hear from them again.

Hmph. Good riddance. He never liked them, anyway.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 AM

Nodding Robert understood why he now seemed to set agatined family. Maybe it was not bad that his own family had been the close knit unit you always saw on tv. Yes he disliked his father for pushing him but who did not? even those families on the tv had some dislike of the parental figure. Raising his eyebrow shook his head as he heard how long his new roommate had been driving. He must have been really determined to get away from his parents if he did all that driving without someone else to take up some of the driving. “sleep well.” Grabbing a pair of earphones he buiried himself in his music and study.

Hours later he heard pounding on his door. “shit no one knows.” His voice low he dashed for the door to stop who ever it was pounding on is door to stop. His roommate had only had a few hours, if he did not have class he needed more. He might not like having a roommate but he was not going to be THAT roommate. Pulling open the door he flinched at the light from the hallway as he realized that the room was rather dark.

“hay Rob…ert”
Robert rolled his eyes as he identified the student on the other side before his eyes cleared to see him. His name was Tim something and every year it seemed he was trying out a new degree. It was only because he had the scores that they let him keep changing his major. He also seemed to think that with a high entry score he could call everyone whatever he wanted to.

“look Tim,” he said as he stepped out of the room. Glancing back at Malum as he closed the door he hoped that Tim had not woke him up. Turning back he gave him a dead stare. “I don’t have room for whatever you were thinking I would be great at taking care of. I have a roommate, and he is not doing well.” Why did he phase it that way? He could have just said that his roommate was doing night classes.

“hay man! Now why would you say I wanted you to…” Roberts gaze shifted from the beach bum looking student to the dolly filled with boxes and crates that seemed to be labeled in a different language.

“as it is you might want to get that off campus as soon as you can. I don’t think they would look well on what ever that florescent green stuff is that is oozing out of that box.” He would have to thank Malum when he work up for being there. It would have been much harder to get Tim to hunt some one else’s room with that stuff if he had been without a roommate.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-06-2015, 03:27 AM

(( I aplogize in advance if it's kind of short. I'm not feeling so great. >.> ))

Malum was absolutely exhausted. Thankfully, it did not take him very long at all to fall asleep after his new roommate finally left him be. Within minutes, the small brunette was out, sleeping as silently as could be. Only a fuzzy tuft of brown hair was visible underneath that cushy blanket and all of those fluffy pillows. He was ordinarily a light sleeper, but it was different today. He slept like a log, practically comatose, and he definitely needed to do so to make up for all those hours he spent on the road.

Unfortunately...his blissful slumber wouldn't last nearly as long as he wanted it to. Hours later, he was jarred from a peaceful sleep by what sounded like arguing just outside of the room. He rose slowly from his place in bed, hair all mussed up and filled with static. He looked like an adorable little zombie in his half-awake state. He squinted at the door, still not fully awake. He couldn't exactly make out what was being said...but he noticed via his peripheral vision that his roommate was no longer in his bed.

Hm. Arguing with someone, perhaps? Well...whatever the case was, it was really none of his business.

Malum groaned, rubbing the side of his neck, and snatched up his trusty iPod from his nightstand table. After checking on the time, he grumbled to himself and rolled out of bed, smoothing out his clothing. If he didn't get up now and pick up a map of the campus from the main office, he would get lost for sure tomorrow night. His classes started earlier than those of most students--all of the advanced classes did. He had to be prepared...and that meant memorizing the campus layout. And picking up some books from the library at the last minute.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-07-2015, 05:15 AM

Sighing as Tim walked away Robert smiled and opened the door. looking up from the door handle he smiled at Malum when he saw he was awake. “I hope that Tim’s stupidity did not wake you to early. I had ment for you to get the rest you needed, you seemed to need it.” Walking back to the desk under his bed he sat down so he was out of the way of his room mate as he expected his room mate would want to stretch. “I have to thank you. Without you being here I would have had a harder time to deal with Tim. He would have pushed for me to keep his odd boxes.” Pulling out from his desk a packet he held it out.

“here I don’t think they are giving these out any more but you could use it.” Acrossed the top of the stack of paper was written ‘welcome students.’ Below it was the crest of the school and a quote that was slightly faded. But within the first page was the map of the campus. Other things that a new student might want to know filled the pages. There were hand written notes in it as things changed and it had been dutifully kept up to date. “all of that was given to me by my first roommate. I have kept it up to date as he did.”

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 AM

Malum stretched only a bit as he tried to shake off some lingering remnants of sleep, rubbing absently at the side of his neck. "I need to wake up, anyway. There are some things I need to take care of before I can get too comfortable." He wasn't expecting Robert to go rummaging around for something--ever-curious, he craned his neck in an attempt to see exactly what he was doing. He had always been a curious person, sometimes digging up unpleasant things that people tried their hardest to hide from others. It was great in an academic sense...but one day, that curiosity of his might land him in a difficult spot.

The brunette hummed under his breath as the packet was offered to him. He took it a moment later, immediately turning the page to study the map. Because he was so focused on the complex map--he didn't even blink--it didn't seem like he was really listening to his roommate speak...but oh, he was. There wasn't much that Malum missed, even when he wasn't listening closely. His parents refused to pay for most of his school fees...so he couldn't pay his way into this school. He had to work for it. There was a reason the staff was already fawning over him.

For about a minute and a half, Malum was silent, eyes wide and expressive as he scrutinized the map. And then...he flipped the page, clicking his tongue. "Well. I've got that memorized." ...Memorized? Already? It didn't take him very long to read the rest of the packet--he turned pages rapidly. He apparently could read faster than the vast majority of people. After about another minute, Malum hummed to himself again, flipping the packet closed. He held it back out toward Robert. "Thank you. I have it all memorized, now. You may have it back."

Was his memory really that sharp...? Maybe there was some truth those rumors floating around the school--that a new student was arriving, and he was apparently a super-genius of some kind.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 AM

“well since you had not told me that you needed to wake up at a certain time I thought to just let you sleep.” Robert seemed to dismiss the thought that they had been rather cold to each other before he went to sleep. He could almost feel the others curiosity as he got the packet out of his desk. Was Malum a cat by nature? He wounded before handing the packet over. If so it would help him in school here for his studys but it was not going to do him any good with the other students. Not that they would be that accepting of him if the rumors were correct.

As he watched Malum study the map he noticed that Malum had a pretty nice humming ability, something about it caught his mind and sent it down rabbit holes. Shaking his head he leaned his arm on his desk before resting his head on his hand. Moments later he raised his eyebrow as he realized what Malum was doing. The rumors were not accurate as people thought they were if he was memorizing it. It was not a common gift to have photographic memory or even have anything near close to that but it seemed that Malum did. Gently pushing the packet back towards Malum Robert smiled. It was not the cold smile he had been given before. This was one that hinted at friendship.

“You keep it, maybe one day you will be forced to have a freshmen in your room for some odd reason and you can give it to them. help them learn the ropes so you don’t have to answer any questions of theirs about campus.” Running his hand through his hair he looked back at his book. He at least had finished what was needed to be read, not that he could recall all of it. “so you have a Photographic memory?”

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-10-2015, 09:28 AM

Malum blinked when his new roommate once again offered the packet to him. Those eyes of his were certainly a strange hue. They very much resembled the unusual color of dried clay. Not quite brown, but not quite red either. Definitely a weird color. Clicking his tongue again, the slender brunette accepted the papers, giving the cover another once-over. "I suppose I'll hold onto it. I doubt I will ever need it again, but someone else may need it. Eventually." Would he really not get lost and have to reference the map again? Even after studying it for only a short while?

As he rose to his feet, obviously intending to find a place for the packet, Robert spoke again. Malum didn't make eye contact with him, but, without a doubt, he was listening closely. "It's a talent that I have always possessed," he admitted, rummaging through a black messenger bag, which served as his school backpack. "I rarely forget things. I can remember my entire life, from the moment I was born until now." Odd yet again. Most people couldn't remember their early childhood, let alone their birth! He didn't just have a photographic memory...this was one incredibly smart young man.

He finally glanced at the other male, reddish irises quickly darting away afterward. Perhaps he shouldn't have admitted to that. Ridiculous as it was, other students back home taunted him for being so intelligent. Malum was under the impression that they were simply jealous of his impressive intellect--most teasing and taunting typically stemmed from some degree of jealousy.

Oh, yes. Malum learned quite early on that most geniuses of his caliber led rather lonely lives...

Lunna Dea

Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Blinking Robert looked at his roommate in the eyes. An odd shade of redbrown, I don’t think I have seen any like it before. he nodded in agreement that there was a chance that some one else might need the packet some day. “I was of the opinion that I would not have any one to pass it on to and here you are. Some one that needed it, even if it was only for a few moments of your time.” Standing the walked over to his fridge and opend it to grab out a bit of food. Turning back to Malum he took a drink of the brown bottle. Its label looked to have been peeled from its side.

“what do you like to drink?”he was not referring to the alcohol but to sodas and such that others might like to drink. He had fallen in love with a small lable company out of Portland OR that made some really nice sodas and he was thinking it might be nice to order up some for his room mate. Shaking his head he could not understand why he was being so nice to this guy. Had they both already made it clear that they wanted nothing to do with having a roommate yet here he was thinking of making his order to suit his roommate as well. “is there any thing your allergic to?” he might as well cover that base too if he is asking what he liked to drink. At least asking what he was allergic to was good manners not being to friendly.

“I pity you to have that good of memory. There are some things I would never want to remember, one of them being the moment I was born.” It was true he did feel sorry for the young man acrossed from him to have to remember everything he ever did, herd or said. To be stuck knowing that what you said was correct but having others say your lying that you even said that. He shook his head again, this time feeling sorry. “I can see how some might think it’s a wounderful gift but I would not trade you that gift for all the money in the world.”

He was curious when Malum glanced at him only to quickly look away. What was he thinking that made him not want to look at Robert. “your eyes are almost red, do you suffer from the pain of bright lights like albinos do or is it just an odd genetic quark?” Robert had always been interested in genetics but had not had the money to continue with his studies. Maybe once he got his degree and a job he could pursue that too.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 PM

Malum watched his new roommate, gaze affixed on him in a sideways stare. Even so, he seemed to be watching intently. He squinted in an almost suspicious manner at the brown bottle before reaching out to snatch up his black messenger bag again. He rose from his seat on the bed, heading straight for his locked dresser. "I'm not allergic to anything. Nope. Nothing. I don't drink alcohol. Soda is fine...but I prefer energy drinks." Luckily enough for him, the school cafeteria sold energy drinks on a regular basis. As well, there was a soda machine just down the hall.

It was strange that he himself didn't have a mini-fridge along with him...but perhaps it wasn't necessary. Maybe he didn't eat a lot? Well, that was true...but his parents also refused to purchase one for him.

"I don't mind having a photographic memory," the brunette admitted, rummaging through one of the drawers. He was apparently searching for a book or two to take along to the library. "It's quite easy for me to memorize all manner of content. I rarely forget things. I don't even have to take notes...though, I do anyway. Instructors tend to get angry when someone isn't taking notes, even though I've explained to them several times that it's not necessary for me. And they're always handy to have laying around, just in case I actually do forget something."

Malum finally managed to find the books he was looking for. One was purple and the other was orange-ish red. Both books were thick and had pictures of fierce-looking cats on the cover. He slipped them into his messenger bag. "My father has the same eye color," he admitted, fishing around in yet another drawer. He unearthed a blank notebook, which he also slid into the messenger bag. "So it's genetic." The brunette shifted his weight from one leg to the other as he locked up the dresser once again. "I need to go to the library. There are some books I'd like to check out. Not textbooks or anything of the like...just a bit of light reading. I already have the textbooks memorized. So I never needed to purchase them."

Hm...no doubt, the teachers wouldn't be happy to learn that one of their students was lacking textbooks. But would they be so unhappy when he started acing their tests with apparent ease?

Lunna Dea

Old 02-26-2015, 08:14 PM

“ah” Robert said as he took another sip of the drink. “well I guess I wont be adding anything to the order for you. There is a small company out of Portland Oregon that I order soda from.” He tapped the bottle he had. “they are pretty good and I thought maybe if you had a favorite flavor you might like me to order I could. But they don’t sell Energy drinks.” He really could not understand the fascination with the energy drinks that most of the other classmates had. The flavor was ok but they really did not do much of anything to him when it came to energy. He had tried once to use them the night before a bit test to cram. He had ended up barely making it to the test and not doing as well as he would have liked on it.

“you know what you might do, take your computer and set it up.” He waved at where Malum had stashed what had looked like a computer earlier. “if they ask you about taking notes just say that your computer is recording the lecture, or you could go out and get one of those hand held digital recorders and just say its recording. They can’t say you’re not allowed to. It’s in the student handbook that you can record the lecture with any device that you see fit to use. Just don’t get caught playing games on your computer while your supposed to be to be taking notes.” He nodded thinking about how notes could be useful just to make sure you were keeping the lectures strait in you mind. There was a time when three teachers had the same lecture hall one after the other. The classes had blended into each other after a while till he started messing up on the test. A few other students had seem to have the same problem so the teachers had found different rooms.

Watching him pull out the two books Robert wounded what type of books those were. He had never seen any books like that in his time in school but then he did not go to all the classes so they could be books that were for a different branch of study. “sorry I don’t mean to be prying into your life. If I start to bug you you could…” he stopped realizing that he was telling Malum what Robert knew he would already do. “yah have fun at the Library, and about the text books you could always claim you have them in digital format. They do sell them that way now.” Turning back to his book he sighed. He had wanted a room of his own this term but now he did not know if he wanted that. What was up with this young man that made him want to keep him around and just talk with him. those eyes were cool and he seemed really cool but there was just something that drew him to the young man.

“don’t worry about waking me when you get back in. I probably wont wake up.” He was lying but he was not going to let Malum know. It would be nice to… he shook his head at the thought. He was not going to go down that way with this guy. Nope, not going to happen.