Donut
Looking for a place to call home
Send a message via AIM to Donut Send a message via Yahoo to Donut

Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Once started toward the house, Trace never looked back. He knew what was up a heard, his father lurking in the house. Through the front door and a quick right, He was up the stairs towards his room. He didn't have many thing, most of what he did have fit inside a black backpack. The easy part is not over, the hard part was to leave the same way he came. Turning around His eyes locked onto his father standing at the top of the stairs. "Where you going?" His father yelled loudly. "F-friend is going to h-help study." Trace said as he started walking toward the steps as well, sliding around him he was pushed.

Falling almost all the way down the steps, Trace laded with a thud, and a loud shrill in pain. His father was coming fast down the steps and grabbed his shirt. Dragging Trace through the house he pinned him against the wall. "You will be home before dark" He added in a stern voice. Throwing his bow out the front door, Trace landed on the sidewalk. He had his back tight in his grim but he just couldn't move, too scared.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM

"Are you okay Trace?" Kila knelt in front of him, blocking his view of his father and shielding him with her body. She shivered at the feel of the animosity she felt, all pouring from his father. The man was a brute, and needed to be stopped. But she didn't want to get him into anymore trouble, he had thrown him out of the house in broad daylight after a tussel had ensued in the house, which could be heard by the neighbors; these people were worthless, they would simply shake their heads and wonder what the kid did to deserve such treatment. She put her hands on his cheeks and turned his face towards her, trying to snap him out of it. Trace couldn't stay here, that old man would kill him for sure. "Trace. Look at me, it's Kila. You're safe now, it's all over." she whispered to him in a low and soft voice, her eyes bright with unshed tears. Kila couldn't remember being this afraid in a long time.

Donut

Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Trace looked over at kila "yes I A-agree" he said getting his feet. "Y-you lead the way.. I'll be OK." He added softly looking down. He was being blamed for what happened that night, even though it wasn't his fault. Feeling sad, Trace just kept walking, the thought of crying passed, he had done it so much in the past it almost hurt to cry anymore. After they were far enough away he looked over at her. "I-i cant go back there" he said softly. There was nothing left for him there, all his things were in the bag now on his back. He didn't talk much more after that, he just followed her. Staying close made him feel safe, seemed odd but it was true.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Kila grabbed his hand in a show of camradirie, he was strong, stronger than she thought. Down, but not out. "I'll ask my dad if you can stay with us, you can try for emancipation or go to the court and see what can be done to switch your legal guardian." She said this as they walked slowly down the quiet street, most students were still in school, so the roads were silent except for the occasional passerby.

When they reached her house she took a deep breath and then turned to face Trace saying, "My mom's bipolar, she um... well she wants me to be a girly girl and obsesses about it. Don't be alone with her, ever, and never ever look in her eyes. She hates men. My dad won't be home for a bit so it's cool if we chill in my room." She pulled her keys from her pocket and suddenly remembered, she'd left her car at school. "Um, scratch that we need to get back to the school I left my car! I'm sorry, wanna leave the bag here?" She asked looking at him.

Donut

Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM

His face was still zoned out as they walked and he looked over at her. "I can manage that." Trace said with a nod, his grip tightened around the bag. "I-it stays with until I know it will be safe." He said knowing a few things that were in the bag. His mother had given him money for a while and he just ditched it all from his father, saving up for 5 years and it sat untouched for the two years after the incident.
The school wasn't too far away, trace just stayed beside kila. "T-thanks again y-ya know for helping m-me" he said quietly with a sigh. He hadn't had help in quiet some time, he started to feel like no one cared, that changed a lot when Kila came around, he would learn a lot.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 AM

(Sorry that I hadn't managed to eek out a reply.)

"Alright..." Kila managed, not bothering to try and fill up the silence that followed, there was no point. He had just escaped from a mad house and she having forgotten their car would prolong their time out on the streets which meant that they weren't safe. She had thought of everything but her car for some odd reason. Maybe it was because she'd been so eager to get home, to escape that place with Trace. Odd, she never had a will to do much of anything, much less forgot about her things. She prayed that no one had vandalized the car this time.

When they finally reached the car it was okay, no one standing by it and there was nothing outwardly wrong with it. She breathed a sigh of relief and opened the door, unlocked Traces and slide in. The seats were mangled and the inside looked like crap, even though she kept it clean, the fact that it was old and dusty didn't change. "So let's get back to my place, my parents aren't home I don't think, and we can just chill and talk. Figure out what you're going to do exactly." She said in a soft tone.

Donut

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 PM

Trace walked quietly, many thoughts going through his head but nothing made seance. "T-Thats fine by me" He said softly. Getting into the car, that kinda of took a while. Many incidences, none too good. He finally shut the door and buckled in. "I-i Will be honest, I-i may not talk to your parents." He said a bit shaky. "There i-is something about you, I-i can trust..." He said not knowing what her parents were even like.

The rest of the car ride he didn't speak, getting more and more nervous. 'what are they going to be like? Like my father?' He thought to himself. He got out of the car once they got back to her house. "I-i follow you.." He spoke shakily again, waiting for her to come around the car.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2013, 03:35 PM

Kila smiled softly and replied, "Well you have to introduce yourself at least. My dad is ex military, and he's big on respect. My mom, well she's crazy. Just say hi, my name is Trace, your last name, I'm new in town and then make for the stairs, the whole upper floor is mine." She opened the door and poked her head through. "I'm home!" she called out, both as warning and question, there was no answer so she opened the door to let Trace through and locked it behind them. She walked up the stairs and waved him up, closing the door and then made a beeline for her stereo and then Eminem's "Music Box" was heard, she smiled and put the player on random. "Welcome to my room, the bed is around the wall to your left and the bathroom is over behind the right one. Toss your stuff where you want, just relax and chill."

With that she turned to the dresser by the stereo and pulled out a towel, wash cloth and clothes to change into. She went around the wall and turned on the shower, then music was heard and then muffled, leaving Trace alone in her room.

Donut

Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM

Trace nodded as he followed her through the door. The house looked big, after hitting the upstairs he seen how big her room was even. He looked around as she spoke, watching her go into the bathroom be stood there a bit. Placing his things on the floor he sat down on the floor next to it and pulled out a small stack of cloths, a box and a pad of paper. He opened the paper up and started sketching. Trace wasn't a dumb kid, he just didn't know better not really growing up the correct way.
The music was different for him but it was OK, he tuned most of it out anyway.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM

The front door slammed open and then closed, shaking the house a little bit. "Kiki! Turn that s**t down! You know I hate that trailer trash bum!" called a hard but feminine voice, before stomping was heard going through the house and then abruptly stopped. Silence insued from the lower floor and nothing shook or crashed. A few minutes passed by and Kila's room door was thrown open on a curse. "I told you to tur- who the frell are you?!" Kila's mom ended up shouting, causing Kila to jump in the shower. The woman looked like an older, bitter version of her daughter, though her beauty was still strong she looked as though she'd had the secret to life in the palm of her hands and had let it slip away. She towered over Trace menacingly, arms folded over her stomach and legs braced apart.

Kila scrambled out of the bathroom, clean faced and looking less intimidating in a tank top and yoga pants. "Mom, please stop. I invited my friend over, and you're scaring him." Her words seemed to sink in and immediately the womans face and demeanor changed.
"Well why didn't she say so? What's your name dearie?" she asked with a soft smile as she backed away a little to allow Trace some personal space.
"Umm... this is Trace... and he's well a he." She said as she looked at Trace with an apologetic shrug.

Last edited by Divine Seduction; 04-16-2013 at 08:17 PM..

Donut

Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Drawling quietly, trace jumped when he heard the door open and someone shout. He didn't think nothing of it and went back to his sketch. The house went silent and that's when trace scrambled and shoved all his things back into the bag. Silence meant a beating was commingled in his mind. As the door bust open trace couard quickly and covered his face up with his arms. Hearing a wwomans voice he sat there trembling.
Trace slowly uncovered his face and perked out. "trace..." he said softly, almost unable to hear. He looked at kila as she came into the room.he didn't know what to do and he was still shaking badly. This wasn't part of his normal rutine so it was hard for him to beginwith

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 AM

"And what is your last name boy?" Mrs. Haughton asked him in a voice laced with steel and sweetness.
"Mom don't bother him, he's been having a rough time at home and needs a friend. If you want to bully someone bully me." Kila said as she inserted herself between the two. She glared up at her mother as she glared down at her. It wasn't the first time that they had gotten into a standoff like this, and it wouldn't be the last. Her mother nodded and backed down, her friendliness over coming her other side.
"I'm sorry if I scared you dear, I'm a bit touched in the head. Dinner will be ready in an hour, and please when Mr. Haughton comes home, let him know, he'll help." she gave Trace a genuine smile, sent a pointed look to her daughter and floated from the room, closing the door behind her. Kila breathed a sigh of relief as she left and looked at Trace, suddenly embarrassed because her mother had acted like that toward the poor boy, he was already traumatized enough. Her mother would probably send him off the deep end.
"I'm so sorry about that, but she's mostly harmless. Don't worry she actually likes you from her letting us know that she'd be cooking dinner." she smiled at him a little before turning back towards the bathroom to continue her routine.

Donut

Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Trace sat there still tucked in his arms, when she stayed back he felt a little better. When Kilauea stepped in aagain he knew he was safe for some reason. There was no way he was talking much at all right now. "T-thanks.." he managed to squeeze out before she had walked away again. 'Supper.. wounded what it would be.. better than usual I hope.' Trace thought to himself as he pulled the sketch pad back out again. The shaking in his hands made it a bit hard but he continued anyway.
'What's her father like?'he asked himself knowing well enough he would be safe as long as Kilauea was there beside him for now. One day he would stand up and fight his battles, but right now he had her help

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 AM

(Sorry got swamped with work and school.)

Kila sighed softly as she cleaned up after her shower, when she came back out she looked at Trace and took a moment to think, now that she offered him shelter what could she do, she'd never had friends as a kid and was as lost at he as to what could be done while they were in each others presence. "Well... um... I think it's best if we're just honest with each other, I've never had a friend in my life, I don't like the people here and I want to leave, I've never had a classmate/peer at my house, so I have no clue what would happen at this point." She looked at him almost expectantly, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. To say that she was shy was probably not the right word, she wasn't but how did one react to having someone to call friend, what was it like to be 'normal'? "Have you ever had a friend before?" she asked before sitting down on the chair next to the stereo.

Donut

Old 04-21-2013, 02:56 AM

Trace watched as she walked back into the room and spoke. He shook his head. "T-the beating started about s-six years ago. I-i haven't really had anyone that I-i could trust either. Y-you are the only o-one that has bee nice to me." He managed to say. It was the first time he actually went to someones house, let alone saying 'Friend' to his father. He watched as she sat down in the chair, and he shook his head. "Y-you are the first one I-i would call a f-friend too." he said slowly. "I-i want to leave too, A-after this year I-i should be able to just g-go." he said and he slowly pulled out a the box.

She was the first one that would know about it, but he opened it and pointed it in her direction. There were rolls and rolls of ones and fives. "M-my mother gave me a-allowance. I-i saved it all for about t-three years." he stated. "T-there is about three t-thousand here. Should g-get me a little bit away f-from here." he added and closed it back up. There was something about her that he knew he could trust, and that was a good thing in his book.

((its ok, life happens)) :)

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 AM

Kila looked down at Trace with widened eyes, beaten by his father for six years. His mom was obviously dead, probably killed by her husband. She had to admit she'd been wrong, when she first stood up for him, she'd thought that he was a coward because he didn't fight for himself, but he was so used to taken beatings that defending himself never really occured to him. "You're really brave; I thought when I saw you this morning that you were some weakling that the bullies were just picking on, but you have more heart than any of us. Most of those bullies are project fun babies, richer than they should be but pooer than they wanna be. And the poor kids, they well they have their own issues. But you Trace, I think your mom is watching over you." She told him, her voice full of conviction and admiration for the skinny kid whose butt she'd saved not too long ago now.

"Why didn't you take martial arts or ya know like work out? I'm not criticizing, just wondering, because it wasn't easy survivng for these six years was it?" She asked, having no idea if this was rude or not; having no friends will do that to a girl. 'I wish the guys around here were more like him, or at least one. I'l never find someone I like...' she thought to herself idly, as she took time to think about their situations.

Donut

Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 PM

Trace looked over at her as he stood to his feet. "I-i wouldn't call it b-brave." He said as he pulled a shirt out of his bag. "T-the first few years was the hardest, c-coming home to that. I-i wanted to change it somehow, b-but every time I-i tried, I-i got knocked back down. Half-way t-through I-i stopped caring, m-my mother holding me at night. S-she was in the s-same boat as I-i was." He took a deep breath, this was hard but someone had to know for once. "T-to be honest with y-you.. I don't feel p-pain anymore." he said as he sighed. "D-don't take this the wrong way.." He said as he slowly slid off his shirt.

His back was covered with scars, brouses and scabs. "T-this don't hurt anymore.." Trace said as he turned and looked at her. He had little emotion in his eyes, he didn't know what to feel anymore. He slid his new shirt on and sat on the floor. His hands were shaking a bit, he crossed a line in his mind that he promised he wouldn't do, and that was to let someone know what had happened for so long. He didn't want things to get worse, or bad things to happen to his only friend.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Kila felt sick as she saw the scars, his whole back looked like it had been dragged across barbed wire or some again and again. She wanted to say sorry but wasn't sure if it was her place, she could only stare at him speechlessly for a while; dumbfounded and scared, what had she gotten herself into? This kid was a whole lot more than just an abuse victim he was a survival story, and one day he would be a great man, someone who wouldn't belittle others, who knew their pain and would actually care. 'Whoa, calm down Ms. Cleo.' she chastised herself silently.

"I won't ever abandon you... we'll get out of here together Trace. I have some money saved up too, I've been working for a while so I could split when the time came. Do you want to leave together, and start a new life? Go somewhere where you can be free?" she asked in a soft and low voice.

Donut

Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Trace didn't want to scare her from everything he had said, but it was the truth and someone had to know it. He looked down at the ground, not sure what he was to do. Yes he wanted to leave, but he didn't know where to go, he didn't know anything outside the beating confines of his house. He looked back up at her after thinking, "Y-yes, I-i would like to get out of here." He said sitting on the ground once again.

"I-i would like your h-help first.." Trace said thinking about how he was going to word this. "A-after graduation, w-we are gone.. s-so in that time.. w-would you teach me h-how to fight?" He asked, the words were hard coming from him but he knew one thing, he couldn't feel pain. He wouldn't back down, so if he got hit, he would stand and keep going, thats what he had done with his life until now.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 AM

"My father, he'll teach you. I haven't learned everything from him, and he's a better teacher than I would be." Kila said softly, and then smiled up at him all at once caught up in her scheme, her grandmother had left her an inheritance, this money she had planned to use to help with her books, but, Trace was more important. She just had to get started on finding out details about available places for them both, so that it wouldn't be just a runaway deal, everything had to be taken care of before they could leave. "If you want, you can stay here. I don't know for how long but, we'll talk to my father, you'l be safer here, where your dad can't bully someone into letting him have you." she said as she looked him in his eyes, convinced as to the path that they should take. It was moving to care about someone, and that's exactly what this was; her caring about someone other than her self or family. She was a bit confused, no one had ever gotten such a response from her.

She wanted to write in her journal, but that would have to wait until he was settled in and she had spoken to Dad, because she had already made promises to Trace; Dad was big on keeping promises and such, he would never have her break one, especially not to her only friend.

Donut

Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM

Hearing that her father might help teach him to fight, Trace felt a little better. But at the same time He would have to talk with someone else again, and he didn't know how this person would act either. His eyes got big when she told him he could stay there, he shook his head "I-i can't i-impose on you like this.." H=he said softly. She was his first friend as well, and he couldn't just start staying with her the first day they me. Trace knew he couldn't go back home, but he couldn't burden them either.

'What would happen in the future?' Trace thought to himself as he sat there a bit. Learn to fight and leave, he had someone that was willing to go with him. The feeling was odd to him, as well, but he knew he did all he could on his own already. He needed any help that she could give him, in a was she was making him happier, but he didn't hold onto that. Happy time brought worse ones there soon after, in his life

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 AM

"I think my dad will say the same thing, he doesn't like men who beat their family. He'd be happy to have you... but that's neither here nor there. You are welcome to take a shower or bath, mom will call up when dinner is done and my dad'll be home soon enough." Kila shrugged and smiled at her new friend, slightly giddy about the fact that she had one, which was completely out of character for her. She went over to her dresser and pulled out her skull bunny slipped and tucked her feet into them. "Do you wanna work on homework or just talk?" she asked as she turned around and went to sit on the bed.

Somewhere in the house the grandfather clock rang and signaled the hour, making Kila look out her window at the sky, watching the birds and admiring ther freedom. There were a lot of regrets in her life, mistakes and broken dreams; none of that would stop her from fulfilling the promise with Trace, or the promises she'd made to herself. Life had a funny way of working out and since she believed in fate, she was sure they would be very good friends. Smiling to herself she sat on the bed as she continued to admire the way the world looked through her window.

Donut

Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM

Trace looked over at her as she walked around the room, he didn't know what tobsay. This was the first time anyone was really willing to help him out and let him stay here, or at least he hopped he could end up staying there. He had forgotten about the homework and looked at his bag again. Shaking his head "w-we can just talk.. i-i will work on h-homework after w-we eat." He said softly as he turned to face her as she sat on the bed.

"Y-your not use to h-having Simone a-around,are you" Trace asked softly as he looked down at the floor. He felt the same way really. He had gone through life with the short end of the stick, but he was a bit relieved that someone seemed to care a little. He started to figure a long while back that everyone was just like his father, and so far he had been right op until he met Kilauea.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM

"So um... what is there to talk about...? I have no clue, I mean. Well, you know what I mean, Goddess this is awkward..." Kila said with a furious blush, and wanted to hide her face, but her hair was too short so she settled for steady breathing and counting backwards from 100. It helped a little, it was really awkward because she had never had anyone in her room let alone a boy, and finding something to talk about now that she had suggested it was harder than she'd thought.

Luckily they were saved. "Kila, I'm home! Mari, are you in the kitchen?" called out her fathers baritone voice, which made her jump a little but then she smiled and settled again. She stood and motioned for Trace to follow and bounded down the steps, and jumped on her fathers back.

"Dad, I have a friend over... he needs our help." she said the last part just for his ears, and then slide from his back and grinned up at the bulky slightly taller man, compared to her and her mother he was very dark, which brought into question her parentage by the community. "Trace, don't be shy. This is my dad, Clarence Haughton." she said as she turned with a bright smile for her friend, hoping to ease his worries about meeting yet another stranger when her mother had not been the most welcoming nor friendly when she'd stormed into her room earlier.

Donut

Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Trace sat there staring at the floor in silence, he didn't know what to say either it was odd for sure. He jumped hearing another voice call out, and he slowly stood following her to the steps. He didn't know what this man was like, especially after her mothers reaction. He made his way down the step, a tall dark figure made him stop a little more than half way down. He heard Kila speak and he moved a few more as well. "H-hi" he said softly almost not at all, and gave a pathedic wave.

Trace went from not talking to anyone to meeting three people today, at least that was good right? He looked over the man and he could we what Kila had told him fit the description. "N-nice to meet y-you" he added after a long pause. He stayed back on the steps still, just looking so fragile.