Thread Tools

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator
25089.61
CK is offline
 
#51
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM

It's a concern I genuinely don't understand, Poet. I'm sorry.

Male and female bodies are differently shaped. Men generally do not have breasts. Females often do. Our avatars do not have different figures like human bodies do, so the only two shapes Mene-humans can come in is "male" or "female".

When an item is made, if it fits on both genders without poke-through (or giving boys boobs they do not have), both genders can have the item. If the item has obvious breasts or obvious male shape, then it is made specific for one gender. Not because of inequality, but because of pure size.

Sometimes, the pixelists have time to make a male and female version of the same item. Sometimes they don't.

That's genuinely all there is to it.

I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's pretty much all I can say about the issue.

Anyhoo. I'm working on socks. I ought not be chit-chatting. :)

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#52
Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
It's a concern I genuinely don't understand, Poet. I'm sorry.

Male and female bodies are differently shaped. Men generally do not have breasts. Females often do. Our avatars do not have different figures like human bodies do, so the only two shapes Mene-humans can come in is "male" or "female".

When an item is made, if it fits on both genders without poke-through (or giving boys boobs they do not have), both genders can have the item. If the item has obvious breasts or obvious male shape, then it is made specific for one gender. Not because of inequality, but because of pure size.

Sometimes, the pixelists have time to make a male and female version of the same item. Sometimes they don't.

That's genuinely all there is to it.

I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's pretty much all I can say about the issue.

Anyhoo. I'm working on socks. I ought not be chit-chatting. :)
Well generally when I am saying it I am talking about just having two pixelled versions of items. That is the end of it.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
2.50
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow
star2000shadow is offline
 
#53
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
Thank you, CK :). I wish there were a feature for this but I appreciate the help at the moment :).

I do not wear anything that is not unisex, Star, due to personal principle, so it is thus of interest to me. It actually became noticeable the difference between the male and female closets here on Mene ages ago when I changed my avatar to male at one point and found that the shop was significantly more bare than the female shop... and also that there were items in there that I would have liked to have.

EDIT: Although, the ones that are male items just wearable on females, without any change to the appearance, I do not consider to be unisex. I do wish the items were made for both but that discrepancy has long been a reason for my sporadic appearances here.
Meant no offence sorry.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#54
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Meant no offence sorry.
I took none from it, no worries.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal
1998.40
Nephila is offline
 
#55
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM

*cough cough HACK*

SOoooo abuot that yummy candy. I have 32ish. I wonder if I can lose 20 pounds by then... hmm.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator
25089.61
CK is offline
 
#56
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM

Again, it just comes down to time. :/ And sometimes, perceived interest in the item being for both genders. ::shrugs!::

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
13579.67
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia
Ascadellia is offline
 
#57
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM

Haha, well then. x.x;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#58
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
*cough cough HACK*

SOoooo abuot that yummy candy. I have 32ish. I wonder if I can lose 20 pounds by then... hmm.
By when?

Oh, by the time you are 32 xP.

3.25 at the moment, though I don't know how much I will be spending LOL

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
2.50
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow
star2000shadow is offline
 
#59
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM

>_> I've gone down to nearly Zero 'shrugs' got into a bit of a spat with another player but i've decided to just ignore her 'shrugs' not my fault she seems to think she knows what I meant, and was totaly wrong about it. 'makes face'

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
13579.67
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia
Ascadellia is offline
 
#60
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 AM

Oh, that's not good. D:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#61
Old 11-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Again, it just comes down to time. :/ And sometimes, perceived interest in the item being for both genders. ::shrugs!::
Well considering that Mene has been this way since the absolute beginning and interest has not changed, although most other major sites I am on do have largely unisex items, people don't really know the difference. It is too bad as I have been here since the beginning and thought perhaps something would change. Alas, it is not meant to be. It is just that I wish to have the full range of choices, and I wish for everyone to have the same. It is one of those things which people do not necessarily complain about but would be generally appreciated (except perhaps by people who fear men in dresses?) if it were to be put into place. Again, I appreciate the work that goes into making items, but personally I feel the increased range of choices given by both gender items would be far better than having more items of a smaller range.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
2.50
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow
star2000shadow is offline
 
#62
Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 AM

I generally Like how it is 'shrugs' but I suppose you have a point Poet.. though it's possible that its largely female because females 'play with dolls' type hing no one really THINKS about it but it is true. and most avatar sies are largely female to begian with though i admit mene does have just as large a boy population 'shrugs'

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator
25089.61
CK is offline
 
#63
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM

I'll continue to strive to give equality on items (ie: if an item only fits one gender, and we're ahead enough on schedule to request the opposite gender also get the item - I will do so). That's really all I can say!

Other than I'm nearly done uploading the socks. :) Some of them have been tagged for the curious.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#64
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM

Star I think it is also primarily because fashion as an industry focuses on females and so there is more to work with there, and that should be no reason that there shouldn't be as many options.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal
1998.40
Nephila is offline
 
#65
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM

yeah... I'm 30ish so 10 pounds a year.

Zweres
'nanaface
1904.24
Zweres is offline
 
#66
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM

I love you CK! :ninja: Haven't seen you in a while now, eh?!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#67
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I'll continue to strive to give equality on items (ie: if an item only fits one gender, and we're ahead enough on schedule to request the opposite gender also get the item - I will do so). That's really all I can say!

Other than I'm nearly done uploading the socks. :) Some of them have been tagged for the curious.
I appreciate the advocacy, CK and do apologize for any frustration I may be causing. It makes enjoyment of the site difficult for me, though that is not the fault of you nor any artists... Just understand that it is a very important thing for me and while people may not say anything I think as I said it would be appreciated in the community.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
2.50
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow
star2000shadow is offline
 
#68
Old 11-02-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
Star I think it is also primarily because fashion as an industry focuses on females and so there is more to work with there, and that should be no reason that there shouldn't be as many options.
'blank look' so you rup in arms.. because boys can't wear the female outfits? 'trying to understand exactly WHY your upset.' though there are some male outfits I've seen that are nifty 'shrugs' but hey if a guy wants to wear a dress more power to them. though i'd definetly give up the heels 'makes face'

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator
25089.61
CK is offline
 
#69
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 AM

I love you too, Zwe! :hug: How have you been? I hear you had an interesting Halloween costume!

Nah, it's okay, Poet. I understand better what your actual position is, because before I don't think I heard you express what exactly you were wanting as well as you did this time. A lot of us were confused as to what you were looking for, so we just did our best to bring out more items that were thought to be "unisex" without understanding what you meant by it.

Our only thing is time and resources. We don't have the money right now to have a lot of pixelists, so everything falls to Wish. Which means we have very little time because she has to shoulder 95% of all pixeling duties. (The other 5% is handled by others. Those glasses, for example? Most of the glasses from this update were made by Jellysundae.) I help too, when I'm able. And... to be honest, Jelly and I aren't skilled enough to fill in the gap as much as we hope to be one day.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
13579.67
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia
Ascadellia is offline
 
#70
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 AM

You can always, put the clothes on and then shift into the other gender with them still on? XD
Its what I do at times.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
2.50
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow
star2000shadow is offline
 
#71
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I love you too, Zwe! :hug: How have you been? I hear you had an interesting Halloween costume!

Nah, it's okay, Poet. I understand better what your actual position is, because before I don't think I heard you express what exactly you were wanting as well as you did this time. A lot of us were confused as to what you were looking for, so we just did our best to bring out more items that were thought to be "unisex" without understanding what you meant by it.

Our only thing is time and resources. We don't have the money right now to have a lot of pixelists, so everything falls to Wish. Which means we have very little time because she has to shoulder 95% of all pixeling duties. (The other 5% is handled by others. Those glasses, for example? Most of the glasses from this update were made by Jellysundae.) I help too, when I'm able. And... to be honest, Jelly and I aren't skilled enough to fill in the gap as much as we hope to be one day.
Tell Jelly she did a grand job on the glasses i loves them.. and i think you guys do okay..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#72
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
'blank look' so you rup in arms.. because boys can't wear the female outfits? 'trying to understand exactly WHY your upset.' though there are some male outfits I've seen that are nifty 'shrugs' but hey if a guy wants to wear a dress more power to them. though i'd definetly give up the heels 'makes face'
Early on in the development of this site, I noticed that all of the female items were generally... cutesy or revealing or sexy and the comparable items for males were more ordinary, but more appealing to me. Still I did want to be able to wear the pretty things as well, and I feel that the boys should be able to wear skirst if they want to. I think they can now...? But the underlying reasons still stand... in the real world, clothing is made for men and made for women, but a woman like myself can shop in the men's section and wear the things there. It may not be entirely flattering, but it will shape itself around my body, not cut off my breasts! Same goes the other way around for men... and there are also items such as tee shirts which are generally "unisex" (although women with larger breasts genearlly have a harder time with this, the avatars only have one breast size).

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder
8572.10
GangsterGlam is offline
 
#73
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 AM

Socks! *rolls out to check this out*

It seems very serious in here right now. o.o Too sleepy to read such seriousness.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
1963.45
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground
poet`s playground is offline
 
#74
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
You can always, put the clothes on and then shift into the other gender with them still on? XD
Its what I do at times.
But this is not what I am talking about, as it does not fit to the base I am using so the effect is not as desired.

@CK I appreciate it again, thank you for hearing me out.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator
25089.61
CK is offline
 
#75
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 AM

That's okay - I don't know if I'm able to continue the discussion myself. xD No disrespect to the topic intended. Tedious jobs like this make me @[email protected];

----------

No worries, Poet. :) Thanks for helping me understand your issue better.

 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

no new posts