Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Hello and welcome to my workshop of pixels! It's brand new, so there aren't a whole lot in here, but hopefully over time I will have this place stocked with pixel ideas. I was so inspired by the other threads I have seen in here and I would love nothing more than to one day have something I make made available to the newbies here on Menewsha! This will be an excellent opportunity for me to push myself and improve my pixel art.

So come on in! Take a look and tell me what you think. I take constructive criticism well, so don't be afraid to tell me what you think and/or what I could do to improve!
:D

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-18-2012 at 09:29 PM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Works in Progress:

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 10-07-2012 at 02:38 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM

My Wishes:
Here are the items I have made that I feel are finished and ready for judging.

Plum Colors

Red Colors

Floral Colors

Midnight Colors

Snowy Colors

Turquoise Colors

Atlantis Colors

Pirate Colors

Nature Colors

Tigra Colors

Foxy Colors

Order Colors

Tropical Colors

Candy Colors

Dusk Colors

Silver Colors

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 10-07-2012 at 02:38 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Reserved for Wishes Granted

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-13-2012 at 04:10 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM

And thread is now open~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 AM

Oh I really like the plum necklace! We need more friggin plum! XDD especially some kind of head item XDDD

The shape of the floral bow is beautiful!

I reallly enjoy what you have so far!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 AM

Thank you! I agree that we need more plum items. Your plum scarf inspired me to make the plum necklace. Also thanks about the bow. I got lucky and got the shape on the first try. I eventually plan on doing recolors as well for some of these as well as more new things.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 AM

Oh don't recolor them - Jelly told me she would prefer you get one color down til it's finished and then let HER do the recoloring...she has to cut it to be able to put it on mene...so it's easier for her to recolor the items after it's been cut so she doesn't have to recut it for every recolor XDDD

It's a really great shape for a bow! I'm impressed you got it on the first try!

I'll take a look at these closer in paint tomorrow when I'm not so tired XDDD that way maybe I can give you critique and help you out XD Although I'm not the best person for that - to be honest, Xuvrette and Jelly are SO helpful!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 AM

Ahhh I see I see. Okay I'll refrain then. xD
Also, thanks. Critique is always welcome!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Alllrighty. I've got a shirt in the works and I expanded it from being a regular t-shirt to being a half-sleeve. I am currently working more on it.

Edit: This is my current situation.

Edit:2 Okay I think I'm satisfied with the female version for now. I'll start working on the male version.

Edit 3: and now the male version is done as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-13-2012 at 01:43 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-13-2012, 04:48 PM

Aaand now a latest addition, but solely for the males!
Lord knows they don't have nearly enough items and most of the newbie shop items are more feminine if anything. :lol:

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-13-2012 at 05:02 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 AM

I love the shirt! So intricate! O.O

I'm going to take a closer look at your stuff tomorrow...erm...later today I guess XD - I have off for the next two days :D So I'm going to be giving input :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-14-2012, 06:47 AM

I think I need that hair ribbon. Like. Now.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 04:28 PM

Alrighty Demo - I'm looking at the Pirate Halfsleeves first (I actually looked at your bow first and couldn't find anything to point out - I really enjoy it's shape and it's so small you can't really mess more with the shading lol)

I see on the halfsleeves shirt you used a lot of dithering. I feel as though you should tone it down a bit. Dithering should be used a bit sparringly just to blend the colors...it shouldn't be used as the entirely of the shading.

I really like how you did all the folds - they look wonderful! And the shape on both the guys and girls is really nice.

What kind of fabric were you thinking it would be? To me it looks like a clingy and shiny fabric- kind of like a silk satin? The reason I say it's shiny is because you use a LOT of shade 1 (the lightest shade) on the shirt. It looks like shade 1 was your base. Usually I use shade 2 as the base and use shade one just for some highlights. But if you ARE going for a shinier, clingier fabric, it looks good :D

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Hehe thanks Carzee! Maybe one day it could happen. xD

I suppose I was going for a thinner material. You know, more of a leisure/comfort type of shirt. The champagne and nature shirt is supposed to be more like a sweater because I based it off of an actual designer sweater I saw. haha

I can see what you mean with the dithering. I'll try toning it down and seeing how it looks. I actually did use the 2nd shade as the base, but I noticed that I used too much of shade 1 for a highlight in the upper left corner and in some other areas of the male shirt specifically. I will also tone that down I can't do it right now because it's the weekend and that means I share the computer with mom. xD Thanks for your input, though. Sometimes that's what it takes for me to see things that need work. ^^

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 05:46 PM

@Demo - Without input from people I never would have finished the items I've finished. They always notice stuff that needs to be fixed that I never notice!!! And wouldn't ever notice if they hadn't told me!

haha - I really thought you had used shade 1 as the base there was so much of it! XD

I know what you mean - I can't access my pixels until tonight when my mom is done working on the computer...this computer doesn't have paint D: or any of my stuff saved XD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM

I like what you got so far, Demo. :) Especially the hair ribbon.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
@Demo - Without input from people I never would have finished the items I've finished. They always notice stuff that needs to be fixed that I never notice!!! And wouldn't ever notice if they hadn't told me!

haha - I really thought you had used shade 1 as the base there was so much of it! XD

I know what you mean - I can't access my pixels until tonight when my mom is done working on the computer...this computer doesn't have paint D: or any of my stuff saved XD
I understand fully. One day i wanna get my own computer, but that requires a little bit of money. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I like what you got so far, Demo. :) Especially the hair ribbon.
Thank you! I think I am the most pleased over the hair ribbon so far. I wanted to do other re-colors of it, but Mina gave me good reason not to already. haha

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM

I hope to see it in purple. xD And yeah, I'm kind of glad we don't have to recolor. What if my top doesn't look good in any other color, you know?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Yes I agree! As easy as it would be for me to recolor my items, I understand the presure it would put on Jelly too! xD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM

Mhm. I hate to put pressure on anyone.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Poor Jelly already has tons of work to do already I always feel bad bothering her about pixel stuff D:

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Poor Jelly already has tons of work to do already I always feel bad bothering her about pixel stuff D:
Me too. That's why I haven't pinged her or asked her to take a look at my shirt. I don't want to add to what she's got to do as it is.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Yeah I do too. Even though I pinged her in the discussion thread, I don't expect her to respond right away.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Wish there was some way to help her out. Though I do believe that you guys are helping out by offering advice to one another and to me. xD