Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 AM

I'm registered actually, so I hope I'll manage at least half this year. 8D"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 AM

So I just remember that I should be getting everyone's NaNo names so that we can be writing buddies. I'm Sho-Shonojo on NaNo as well. Can I have your name? :)

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 AM

Shinigami Yumi. I just added you. :XD

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 AM

I have added you as well. :)

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 AM

*prays for inspiration* :angel:
At my most inspired, I can write 18k words in about 6 hours. If only that happened all the time. :cry:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 AM

Wow, that was one heck of a day you had there.

I don't think I've ever written more then 4k in one day. T.T

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 03:21 AM

Yeah, I wish it happened more often. I just sat there one night and didn't stop typing. The next thing I knew, it was 6 hours later, and I had written 18k words. :shock: The one and only time I was actually impressed with my writing speed.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:28 AM

Well, maybe you'll get a lucky break again. I hope I do. I'd really like to finish the story, more then I would like to meet the word count. So far, that hasn't worked, and my past stories are still laying unfinished in a drawer somewhere. :sweat:

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 03:34 AM

The only place I've ever actually finished an original story is in my head...or for my creative writing assignment, which doesn't count, since it was a short story that really should have been far longer.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 AM

Ah yes, the challenge of getting it down on paper. I have the beginning and end of all of my stories thought out. I've even written some of the endings before. I just need to fill in the gaps and write it all down. It probably doesn't help that I'm moving on to second and third drafts without reaching the end of a story yet. They change too much.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 AM

:lol: I have 2 main problems, really.

1. I'm plain lazy. :stare:

2. Give me one month before showing me what I've just written again. I can almost guarantee I'll hate it. :sweat:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 AM

Ha, did you see my conversation with Silenia? She rewrites pages just two pages after writing them. So hating it after a month....that's not so bad really.

It is NaNoWriMo though, I so I wouldn't plan for anything to come out beautifully. If I wanted it to be a masterpiece, then I wouldn't be trying to finish it in a month. Plus, there are a few times when I'll manage to love the way I wrote something, or there is this scene that I wrote that I have to carry over into the next draft. There's not a lot of gold though.

As for the being lazy part, November is the reason I don't write for the rest of the year.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 AM

LoL, yeah. That's pretty amazing.

Even if it wasn't beautiful, I'd like it to be at least decent.

:rofl: Well, that's one idea. Unfortunately, there are some ideas I just need to get written, so I end up writing stuff anyway. Mostly fanfiction though. I rarely write originals.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:04 AM

Oh I can see decent being one of those things you hope for. I for one know that whatever I wrote last year on the last day of November was the worst crap I had ever written in my life, but I did make it to 50k. X3

I can understand that. I mostly just do little drabbles throughout the year, just on parts that have been floating in my head. I just write them down so I don't forget them and so they're somewhere that I can refer to later.

Man I am all original, though I find my work heavily influenced by whatever I've been reading at the time. I guess that's why it's taken me so long to finish anything, because I'm always trying to weed out those stolen ideas that don't belong in there. I think I've only written one fanfic and it was only a few paragraphs long and about a story most people have never heard of. I just did it because the author never explained what happened to a favorite character of mine, and I had an idea of what I wanted to happen to him. :)

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 AM

For me fanfic happens when I want things to turn out differently than they did in canon relative to some characters, usually.

I'm just so lazy to write originals. They take so much planning. :sweat:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 AM

Ugh, tell me about it. About four or five years on my current stories and they're still not finished.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 AM

At least you're still writing them though.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 AM

Well I wouldn't say "writing" them as much as thinking about them with the intention of one day writing them. D: But yea, they're still hear I haven't abandoned them. I don't I could, I'm too attached to them. I must have had my original main character for the past seven years. I used to stick her in TV shows and books when I got bored and zoned out. XD

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 AM

:lol: My original main characters are rarely female, somehow.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 AM

She turned out being the only one who was female. After that I realized that I much prefer writing from a man's perspective.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 AM

:XD And I hate writing anything that has to be "morally/politically correct" or under a certain number of words. :lol:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 AM

Any sort of boundaries in writing completely suck. Writing is made for my imagination, I'm gonna write what I want and there is nothing anyone can say to make me think differently...well maybe if it leads to publication and wasn't so bad I would listen. =3

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM

Sorry i kinda popped in for the random then popped out- i left the school computer

i didn't know we could have buddies but if you want to add me or what ever my name is "T.Rose"
^_^

so wait i'm confused- this is your first time too?

ugh i'm not so concerned as the writing content/amount as i am with the time to do it- i have several other stories that i want to update consistently so i have to keep writing those- not to mention all my essays lol

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 AM

Who, me? My first time officially registering, yeah.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo View Post
Wow thats...odd. o.O

I love opinions on my work. I have no way of really knowing if everything makes sense when people don't leave comments. I have this problem with writing something and understanding it myself because I know all of it, but then other people look at it and they're confused because I didn't give enough information.

Yea, as long as nothing goes wrong this year, it should be good. I'm pretty happy that my college schedule has a three hour break in between two of my classes. I can drive over to that bookstore and just sit and write until my next class. :3
Sorry for the late reply, I was extremely busy.

Great to see a few more people have been posting here.

Well, just know I'm always willing to give opinions on your work. :)

For me this year should be good as well.
Couldn't find the account I signed up with back in 05, but I did find the account I signed up with at Nov 2 last year, when I decided I just had no time.

That username is Silenia. xD