Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 PM

No problem. :)

Thanks for the offer. Turns out I need it because I forgot to put the text on the last page I put up! :sweat:

I've added you.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:02 PM

Lol, didn't notice it yet, but glad you noticed. xD
Okay, added you too. :)

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Do you guys mind if i add you?
i don't get exactly what that means- like we can just watch each others word counts?

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 AM

I noticed, but kinda late. It was funny 'cause I was taking a shower and it just...dawned on me.

Yea Tsubasa, we can check each other's word counts and send messages to each other when we're falling behind like "Get back to work!" I don't know how much else there is to it though. :/

Silenia

Old 10-10-2008, 11:03 AM

Sho-Shonojo, Tsubase Rose; Well, it's kind of like the Mene friendslist. You have an easy list to see your friends and visit their profiles. You can indeed send them messages, check their wordcounts, etc.
Unfortunately there currently isn't an option to see all posts someone made, and the search function and a few other functions are currently disabled, but yeah.
The forums are well-useable but sometimes slightly impractical.
Oh, and Tsubasa, ofcourse it's ok to add me. I'll add you as well.

Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Sure you can all add me. I'll get around to adding you back the next time I log in. :)

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM

It really needs the, "see all posts" option, but that's OK. At least I can see everyone's word count.

Waverlie

Old 10-10-2008, 04:54 PM

I've been trying to do this for the past two years and failed both years. Most because I'm the kind that need to think things out when I write so I can't just sit and go on writing pages and pages on end. But I always found NaNo to be extremely helpful and I get a lot of work done, although not quite 50,000 words.

I'm gonna try again this year just because I'm actually taking a novella class and, uh, needs to write a novella before the semester ends. So that probably will add a chunk to my words. I also have this idea that's been plaguing me for years that I decided yesterday I'll actually write it. So I think these two combined would be . . . something, maybe not 50,000 words unless I finish both, but I may.

My NaNo account name is solitaryjane. Looking forward to write with y'all!

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 05:04 PM

LoL. I know what you mean about not being able to just write pages and pages on end. My problem is that I used to work as an editor, so I always end up having to edit stuff immediately. I can't leave typos and stuff like that be for later.

Oh, I'm taking a fiction class next year! A novella class sounds fun though. I hope you're enjoying it!

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Waverlie, sorry to here that you haven't won yet, I definately had that problem my first year. Do you ever zone out while your writing and think out everything that is about to happen? I do that sometimes, it's rather annoying, because I usually end up not remembering everything.

It sounds like you are in a good spot for this year, so I wish you the best of luck. It'll be fun to write together. :)

I'm jealous, I want to be in a novella class. That sounds like so much fun. On the other hand I've got some classes that I don't do a lot in so...more time to write!

Luenola Marxiel you used to be an editor? I'm gonna send some stuff your way and have you fix it for me. Just kidding. I'm too shy to let anyone read my work, unless it's someone I'll never talk to or see and who can never bring it up in conversation. Is that weird?

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 06:26 PM

Yeah, I worked in a company that gave me a nice fancy title, but the real job description was "to proofread/edit every written document on its way out of the company." Basically, business proposals, business plans, letters, agreements, applications for government grants, you name it. I was also editor for my program yearbook before that. As a result of practice, I can pick up 95% of typos and language mistakes in my first read through. That also means I wince at error-ridden text all the time. :lol:

I don't mind if you do, but yeah, I get how you wouldn't want anyone who can harp on the flaws of your writing to see it! XDD" Not that I'm saying there are many, but I don't suppose you'd mind if people kept talking about how awesome it was, so it's probably the problems you're worried about, right? :sweat:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Oh, well that sounds...less than fun. But 95% of typos is quite the achievement, but I can see how it would make it really hard to read some of the lousy things you can read on here. O.O

I don't know what exactly it is, but i don't like any body reading my writing, especially not if I'm right there watching them reading it. With my comic, I don't mind all the strangers that read it, but I wonder what my friends would think. I guess it's the errors that might be there, I don't know. I'm just a little paranoid I guess.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 PM

I'd say here isn't bad, really, or maybe I just instinctively avoid people who typ lyk dis. Half the things on Fanfiction.net make my eyes bleed though. :cry:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM

I've seen a couple people on here whose writing simply broke my heart. I can't imagine what sort of heart-stopping mistakes can be had on fanfiction.net.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM

I haven't actually read anyone's writing here, so I can't really say. But I've seen some absolute nightmares on FFnet. And then there are cases where the story is pretty good, but the writing... *shudders* Those break my heart.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Those are definately sad ones. You wish you could read them, but the writing itself just pushes you away.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 PM

Indeed. Those are definitely the most heartbreaking. And then there are published books that make you wonder how they even got published. :stare:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 PM

Oh yea, especially the ones that are considered classics. That's when it's really bad.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 11:46 PM

You mean especially the ones that become bestsellers. :stare:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-10-2008, 11:53 PM

...Nanowrimo starts in November? lol, I thought it starts in october.
Whichever, it was always the month which is my exam month... December is Holiday month. So I always miss it...

but then, now that I hvae time... I am read to take the challenge...

Silenia

Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Luenola: I get what you mean. I know my posts are full of grammar errors sometimes, and I hope I don't make your eyes bleed. But yeah, I try my best, and English is not my native tongue, so sometimes it can be hard.
I assume I am nearly fluent in it, but still, it doesn't mean I can't make errors.
I tend to write my stories in Dutch most of the time, simply because if I write in English too often I can't find the words to say *exactly* what I want to say. In poems this is less of a problem, which is the reason why half of my poems are in English.
Stories, well, perhaps later. If I get better at English.

Xuvrette: Great to see you are joining. :) Yeah, it's in november. :)

Sho-Shonojo: I get what you mean. I usually don't mind people reading my stuff unless I know them in real life.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Luenola Marxiel: Yea...those too.

xuvrette: Yep, it's in November so you haven't missed it. :) Good luck with the challenge!

Silenia: Heh, glad it's not just me.

Silenia

Old 10-11-2008, 04:35 PM

It's probably because I care more about what they think of either me or my writings, my stories.
And it's because some of them seem te be about things I don't really want them to know I write about as well. xD

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-11-2008, 08:44 PM

Oh, no worries, Silenia. You're fine. :)

Oh, xuvrette! You're here too! :XD

Well, I don't mind certain people I know reading what I write; it just depends on what I'm writing. Some of the things I write should never be seen by my family, for instance. :lol:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:39 AM

That's pretty much how I feel too Silenia.

Luenola Marxiel I've got a few stories like that too. D: