xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
ooo that's a good idea :O I know all about volcanoes~ Oh oh! I bet one of the Dragon King lives in there. Oooo then that's why it always rain because the other Dragon King will create rain and it's a never ending battle * u *
I can't resist it. and have to reply.
just HOW MANY dragon kings you have? XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 PM

yeah, this link is great!

and lol, I agree with Xuv. lots of dragon kings? you make me curious about your story, Seito. Tell me about it some time.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 PM

My impression of dragon kings are more to eastern, and most of the time they are all manly/anthro with dragon head, personality pretty hot temper and childish. XD Though look and sound quite mature but when they are throwing tantrum, I can see the childish shadow behind. XD
Seitoto, your dragon kings never ending battle up the childishness. XD

Yep yep, I went to find a lot of world building information, glad that it is of great help. <33

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Haha, I'll be glad to tell you guys.

Technically there's only two dragon kings or at least I only planned for two. xD I originally had one for water and one for electricity. Maybe three after this. The world is where it constantly rains (I'm thinking though there were be a couple days where it'll be clear but it'll be overcast cloudy days). The story focus around the fact that people have never seen a sunny blue sky. That's the main character's goal is discover this mythical blue sky.

The dragon kings are responsible for weather. Long ago, there use to be a blue sky. But there were two kingdoms were constantly fighting that the gods intervene and turned them into dragons as punishment, forever locked in battle. The weather supposedly is the reflection of that. Defeating the Dragon Kings should in a general theory (I haven't worked out all the kinks yet) to at least return the skies back to normal.

That's my rough outline for it. Still trying to work out all the kinks in it. * u *

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Wow! That is such a sweet setting! I love it.
Really sounds a lot like my eastern dragon, but they never have electricity as their element though. Water, Mountain and Fire are the most used....

I particularly like that 'mythical blue sky' thing. XD I squee for support over cloudy sky, why do you want to have SUNNY day? so HOT, sweaty! D:
Is that the reason why your plants HAVE to survive without photosynthesis?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 PM

oh, very neat, Sei-sei! It's like a myth with the way it explains weather and such without science. The search for sky is a very good quest too. I wish you luck with it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Thanks! It's my newest story and I'm trying to keep it short and simple. I have the characters down but the world needs a bit more building before I go about writing it. *nods*

xD I used water and electricity because storms right? xD Hey after years and years gloomy sky, blue skies would be epic * u *
And yeah this is why I need my plants to survive without photosynthesis

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 PM

@ Kat - Yes, it does work out really well, not having to go off of a set history, so you don't error.

@ xuvrette - Cool! I am going to bookmark it too and read it when I can! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Sei- you won't start writing until after you have your world fleshes out? I always flesh it out as I go. I could never actually get all the details I need until I start writing and see where the gaps in my story are.

Dragoness: but I suppose it's still possible to error with a made up world. It still has to be believable, but yeah, I agree.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 04:30 AM

What Dakukuu said is also one viable way of working out kinks. Write it out! Spit it out!
Then you are 'force' to think of a solution. XD

Why Seitoto didn't join NaNoWriMo?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 AM

But but I can't even start if I don't have a beginning place. xD I like fleshing out as I write too (especially on the smaller details) but aside from the history that I told you guys I don't have anything. Chapter 1 ideally is how the main character meets his future partner. This partner is the one clueless (the audience surrogate) about all this history (why does it always rain) so the main character explains it. I imagined the scene would be while the partner was out looking for food (so need to decide on the plants or fish I could do fish), finds the main character and bring him home.

But I got nothing on where they meet. Does the partner live in a city? A small village? How technologically advance did this world get before it started raining? Do we have magic or it's just the gods?

I never do NanoWriMo just cause it's poor timing. D: Thanksgiving is a big family event. Usually got midterms/finals to worry about. Yeah poor timing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 AM

sounds like you've actually got a lot planned out. I think if you start writing, the answers might just start coming to you. and yeah, yummy fungus.

well, my 2 cents is if it didn't have tech, it wouldn't have much anymore because rain and technology don't usually mix well. When you described the world, I thought of villages myself.

I do love nanowrimo, but I agree. another month would be lovely.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 AM

You think? Well after I come back I guess I could start. xD Yeah mushroom!!

Hmm that's true. I'm also thinking of avoiding the whole magic thing this time around (The weapons can be magical but the people themselves have none)

Yeah D: I learned there are smaller camps during the April (but that's convention season for me) and summer? (but last year I had summer school) so yeah bad timing... D:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 05:06 AM

Seitoto... which month you are free?
Are you comfortable in starting at the middle and just jump scenes as you know/motivated?
Not necessary have to start at chapter 1 and follow the numbers.
You can even start at the end towards the front.

Last edited by xuvrette; 05-02-2013 at 05:10 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 AM

I don't like to jump too much when I'm writing, though I do some during nanowrimo for time reasons, but it's easy to get confused or for story lines to not quite match up if you're writing half way through, then try to write from chapter 1.

hm. I recently learned of the april camp nanowrimo thing. I prefer november to that though.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 AM

I think I can work with any methods depending on WHAT I have at the moment.
I can be both discovery and planner type of writer. 8D

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Seitoto... which month you are free?
Are you comfortable in starting at the middle and just jump scenes as you know/motivated?
Not necessary have to start at chapter 1 and follow the numbers.
You can even start at the end towards the front.
... Never? Summer is usually the best bet though. Hard to say though now that I'm finally graduating though.

I don't mind starting in the middle but like Kat said it's hard to go backwards and make sure they all match up. I have the story where I have the entire ending planned out and how it'll go down but I have no clue how it starts at all. The middle is even worse. Like how the hell do I go from the beginning to the end? D: Then there are couple scenes written for this story but god knows where they're gonna end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I don't like to jump too much when I'm writing, though I do some during nanowrimo for time reasons, but it's easy to get confused or for story lines to not quite match up if you're writing half way through, then try to write from chapter 1.

hm. I recently learned of the april camp nanowrimo thing. I prefer november to that though.
Yeah I agree.

Haha november is better then april for me too. xD

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

I should amend that xuxux actually.

I would love to start at the beginning but I always plan from the middle. Like it's easy to figure out the premise I want, the cast of characters and whatever troubles they end up in. But I have a hell of time finding the beginning (whether it's how they meet or how the adventure began or even how they ended up in trouble in the first place) that I struggle with.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post

I would love to start at the beginning but I always plan from the middle. Like it's easy to figure out the premise I want, the cast of characters and whatever troubles they end up in. But I have a hell of time finding the beginning (whether it's how they meet or how the adventure began or even how they ended up in trouble in the first place) that I struggle with.
wait, didn't you just say you have no idea what to do with the middle or your story, but now you say you plan from there?? you confuse my sleep deprived mind.

I like writing beginnings and end best. middle is hard. Sure I sometimes change my beginning so it's earlier or later, but I love starting a story. I really know how to write sentences that sound like starters or sound final too.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM

I LOVE beginning. XD
So far I always write from the beginning, but the story never reach ending because I lost the motivation/interest in it.
My recent last year Nano took a different approach in terms of not following the sequence, which means jump scene. I find it works fine with me. There are just many different methods to work out a story or try to work out a story when you are stuck, just have to find one that suit you. Though, my jump isn't like extreme or jump too further. maybe just skip a few scenes until I figure it out. Oh, and I didn't separate chapter yet, it is just in chunks of scene. So I can readjust it for scenes that goes concurrent and see how it mix in the whole flow when I finish the story.

But if planning, I can start from anywhere. It could be climax, could be a certain theme/message, could be a character I want to have story... it just can be anything as a start off point.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 06:41 AM

it is very hard to write to the end. I suppose I'm good at beginnings because I've written a lot more of them than full stories.
nano last year, I jumped a lot because I had a lot of characters and alternated between their povs, so i would skip to a certain set of characters because they were easier to write and then fill in later. But sometime I could be skipping a chapter or two that way. Good for writer's block though since I always knew just to write with them.

oh yeah, I start my planning wherever, but usually at the beginning. or what felt like the beginning of the story at the time. sometimes it seemed a short story, but turned out a novel, so my perceived beginning was half way through the story. I don't make sense do I?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
wait, didn't you just say you have no idea what to do with the middle or your story, but now you say you plan from there?? you confuse my sleep deprived mind.

I like writing beginnings and end best. middle is hard. Sure I sometimes change my beginning so it's earlier or later, but I love starting a story. I really know how to write sentences that sound like starters or sound final too.
Pretty much. I plan from the middle but I got no clue what happens in the middle. Sure I got a few things (oh this gotta happened, this has to happen to) but tends be very vague? Then it just skips to the ending? xD The middle planning does tend to happen when I write fanfictions though. The ending comes easiest for original stories (usually).

I got an HP/YJ story and I know exactly what happens in the middle. (It does need expanding) but it's taken me 2 years to figure out how start the story and I'm still not sure how to connect the beginning from the middle. Don't ask me how it's going to end either...

I got an original story were the couple gets together. I kinda know how they meet. I know there's a war/killing of big bad somewhere in between. I know what future dramas they might face. But really the point they're now is practically the ending. Them getting together is suppose to be the ending. xD

Beginnings are the worse for me. :P Middles are after that. Endings are usually the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
I LOVE beginning. XD
So far I always write from the beginning, but the story never reach ending because I lost the motivation/interest in it.
My recent last year Nano took a different approach in terms of not following the sequence, which means jump scene. I find it works fine with me. There are just many different methods to work out a story or try to work out a story when you are stuck, just have to find one that suit you. Though, my jump isn't like extreme or jump too further. maybe just skip a few scenes until I figure it out. Oh, and I didn't separate chapter yet, it is just in chunks of scene. So I can readjust it for scenes that goes concurrent and see how it mix in the whole flow when I finish the story.

But if planning, I can start from anywhere. It could be climax, could be a certain theme/message, could be a character I want to have story... it just can be anything as a start off point.
Ah I know that feeling. I think if the jump isn't too extreme (going from the beginning to the end) then you're okay jumping around.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 AM

Dakukuu, so your planning is not restricted to a 'beginning', since sometimes it will end up being the middle. I never really thought of whether the particular scene that inspire the whole story HAVE to be at beginning or HAVE to be at end, it just depends on how I manipulate the story around it. Again, when I finally settle on the particular point, it won't change.
There is one story that started off with an inspiring ENDING scene, It stays as ending. And then I love the character so much, I expand on the story. XD But the ending scene is STILL ending, well, for volume 1. So I expand on the continuous episode/volume. Besides, it is also a different topic.

I don't have enough motivation to write to the end... My interest lose fast. T__T

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 PM

*pats Seito* sounds like a lot of difficulties, but that's writing isn't it? We wouldn't like it if these stories came so easily.

Xuv: yeah, I've gotten my inspiration from the ending before. I don't know that I've ever written those stories though. It gets a bit complicated like that. I definitely have ADD when it comes to writing though. I find a new story to write before I finish the one I've been working on. I only finish short stories, and usually because I write them for class.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM

I have a hard time to write short stories... x.x
I am just those kind of looooooong winded person that cannot stick to a short story.

The only short and FINISH short story I did was for a comic. XD I know it is not a writing, but still a story. x.x only 3 pages of A4. It is for a class, yesh, a COMIC Elective Class for my course~ <33 I think I have mentioned about it to you? (I forgot... I actually brag about that comic to a few people last few months since I finished it.) Oh, and I do write script for it, so in a way I start off with words then only convert it into comic.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Nice thready
Okay here is what goes on in my stories... I have two at the moment. One is in the literature forum and on hiatus and the second one is trying to make its way here too.
Both of these stories came to me, sort of, and i honestly have no idea where they have taken place. Its difficult for me to just imagine a random place for them so i had trouble placing them... though my 2nd story is all about witches, vampires and other living deads so i don't really worry about that one, but with Forbidden Fires, i had a severe headache trying to make sense of where it actually happened.
I feel like the stories control me rather me controlling them