Emasaurus
  • Challenge Emasaurus in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 05:35 AM

I'm glad to be able to participate, Iroase Delschatten. c:
I've never participated in something like this, so it's exciting for me to even enter.

Roachi

Penpal
  • Challenge Roachi in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM

Ohh what wonderful entries so far! Glad the event has been extended, gives me a bit more time! :)

lunanuova

Penpal
  • Challenge lunanuova in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Like a never ending clockwork
Username: lunanuova
Entry: http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/x...punkflower.png
Description:
-The petals are shaped like Spanners
-The stem is made out of pipes
-When the petals close up around the light bulb at night, the flower glows like a lantern. The bulb lights through the orang-ey petals.
-The gears are green.

Popcorn Gun

Penpal
  • Challenge Popcorn Gun in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
Username: lunanuova
Entry: http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/x...punkflower.png
Description:
-The petals are shaped like Spanners
-The stem is made out of pipes
-When the petals close up around the light bulb at night, the flower glows like a lantern. The bulb lights through the orang-ey petals.
-The gears are green.
Awww nuts.
D ':
I may not enter now.
-flowers are similar to one another-

Robard
  • Challenge Robard in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM

^^Lunanuova, I am in love with those spanner petals. =D

^Aww. I don't think a coincidental similarity or two negate the hard work you've put into your entry...

First Mene event contest I've actually had time to enter! It was a lot of fun.

Username: Robard
Entry:
Description: A silk and brass orchid, created to liven up a laboratory too harsh for plants to grow in. Having been designed by an engineer, of course it doubles as a portable data recording device; the gears set into the petals and the hydraulic stems allow it to fold up for storage.

lunanuova

Penpal
  • Challenge lunanuova in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Popcorn: Naw you should enter! It's probably going to look better than mine anyway. /does not like how mine turned out very much.

Robard: Thanks n.n Love your entry! /jealous of your drawing skills. What art program did you use?

Popcorn Gun

Penpal
  • Challenge Popcorn Gun in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 PM

@ Luna ::

I disagree with that, yours looks lovely!
But I will then.
:' )

@ Robard ::

Oh my gosh I'm in love with your entry!
That owl is to adorable and that flower too rad.
>:" D

Sakura_Madison
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison
  • Challenge Sakura_Madison in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM

A new soul blossoms in nature
Username: Sakura_Madison
Entry:

Description:

Julirosoli is a nocturnal plant, which shows its true form at night. This plant grows on the rocks by rivers on top of the Andean Cordillera of South America. When daylight dawns, their petals close up and wait till nightfall. What makes them glow, is from the nutrients in the rock, which contains copper inside.

Last edited by Iro; 06-05-2010 at 05:53 AM..

Roachi

Penpal

Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 PM

Wow totally lovin the newer entries. Just simply awesome :)

Username: Roachi
Entry: http://i48.tinypic.com/iee5a1.jpg - This is the original image, i have made myself out of coloured paper and pipe cleaners. LOL @ My pencil marks i forgot to rub out. Ahh well we'll pretend those are petal veins :P
http://i45.tinypic.com/1z23u6f.jpg - This is an image i've made from the original, using photoshop & Microsoft digital imaging.
Description: None.

TutsTalkin..
  • Challenge TutsTalkin.. in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 AM

Thanks so much <3

Robard
  • Challenge Robard in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM

@lunanuova: Thanks! I used Photoshop.
@Popcorn Gun: Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your entry!

Loving the new new breeds.
The Julirosoli are so ethereally beautiful. What are they all reaching for?

Roachi, that plant is too cute! And the patch of them growing together in the second image is beautiful.
I love your matching avatar. =D

*Hime*
  • Challenge *Hime* in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM

G'ah, I knew I said I was gonna enter this. But my thinking cap was giving me an attitude D:

Sakura_Madison
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison
  • Challenge Sakura_Madison in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robard View Post
@lunanuova: Thanks! I used Photoshop.
@Popcorn Gun: Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your entry!

Loving the new new breeds.
The Julirosoli are so ethereally beautiful. What are they all reaching for?

Roachi, that plant is too cute! And the patch of them growing together in the second image is beautiful.
I love your matching avatar. =D

They are reaching to be the brightest, like the stars.

Iltu

Old 06-04-2010, 03:14 AM

Username: Iltu
Entry:
Description: The dragon’s teeth (Laqueum dracon) is a carnivorous plant of magical properties that thrives in areas full of its natural prey. While other plants of this type typically lure and trap insects for their meals, the dragon’s teeth feeds on fleet thief fairies (volaticus furs). The plant closes its petals around its style, stigma, and pistil, which are collectively shaped as a dragon’s mouth. When an unwary fairy flits by, the petals unfold and the dragon-like plant strikes! Its small but powerful jaws sever its quarry’s spine, at which time the petals close back together around the prey. At this time, digestion begins, a process that takes several days.

Draco minimus (known colloquially as the bean dragon), the smallest species of dragon known to man, often makes its home near areas populated with dragon’s teeth. It is a well known fact that fleet thief fairies earned their name because they steal colorful bean dragon eggs to decorate their homes with. The dragon’s teeth serves as protection for many a bean dragon’s nest, and the bean dragon in turn helps to pollinate this curious species of flower.

The petals of the dragon’s teeth vary in shape, size, number, and color, making it hard to recognize unless it is actively chomping down on a fairy. However, at a second glance, it can always be identified by its distinctive leaves, which are shaped like dragon wings.

There's so many great entries! C: Best of luck to everyone!

Roachi

Penpal

Old 06-04-2010, 04:46 AM

@Robard - Thank you so much, yeah i love those colours! Was soo glad i could find coloured paper with the same colours lol.

Bonnie
  • Challenge Bonnie in the Arcade

Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Am I too late to enter?... I had lots of lag and just got this up on the photobucket...

Username: Bonnie
Entry:
Description: This rose runs on diesel and is harvested every year by train yards and airship companies for it's coiled brass that they remove from the petals. The boiler is in the roots and the fuel is pumped into the soil. Two spring valves on the side release at the flower's maturity to signal the harvest and also to ignite and switch a cogwork that releases the hinges of the petals from the stem base. The companies use the coiled brass tubing for their steam powered mechanics. A large celebration occurs each year to usher in the time of the brass harvest. The flowers also make lovely arrangements for festivities or to adorn any neovictorian parlor.

I did use a picture to get the smoke, it is royalty free and public and is located here:
Credit: Ime

Iro

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro
  • Challenge Iro in the Arcade

Old 06-05-2010, 05:47 AM

No, you're not too late, Bonnie. I am extending this event for another 10 hours. I anyone has late or last minute entries they would like to submit, please do so!

I'll go through the new entries in the meantime.

----------

Wow, those are some really beautiful entries! Thank you very much for them!
Judging is going to be tough. :lol:

blueblackrose

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose
  • Challenge blueblackrose in the Arcade

Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM

I hope I'm not too late.

Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
Description: The Naragulya is a flower that grows in the higher regions of Mount Kuede. This flower has mysterious powers and is sacred to both the Edreulvens and Katayans. It’s said that finding one of these rare blossoms will bring the finder great luck or even the blessing from one of the Mane gods (Edreulven beliefs) or Blod Mane gods (Katayan beliefs). Those who seek this flower must be ware for in the icy high regions of Mount Kuede is the home of Milena, a power ice dragon, who is one of the guardians of the Naragulya flowers.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 06-05-2010 at 03:55 PM..

Iro

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro
  • Challenge Iro in the Arcade

Old 06-05-2010, 04:47 PM

Luckily I'm still awake, then. :lol:
I would accept your entry, bbr. Thank you so much for participating! =)

----------

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! NO MORE ENTRIES WOULD BE ACCEPTED!

Thank you very much to all who have participated! There are many great entries, it would be quite a feat judging this. xD

Sally Sinema
  • Challenge Sally Sinema in the Arcade

Old 06-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Fantastic job everyone, lots of impressive entries. :D

Ember Mist
Send a message via MSN to Ember Mist
  • Challenge Ember Mist in the Arcade

Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 AM

lol.
I know I won't win..
But good luck everyone. :D