R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-12-2022, 05:49 AM

Oh hey I also went with a christmas theme! :D I found some cute clothing things but I love doing scenics lol

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 05:55 AM

Huh, I should make a Christmas avi too, except I have no idea where to even start. xD;; Been clicking through a bunch of items because I've forgotten what poses they include or what the pose even looks like. x__x;;

R u b y

Old 12-12-2022, 06:00 AM

It's pretty overwhelming to be able to use all our stuff again for sure xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 06:27 AM

Yeah, and to think I'm still missing a bunch of the newer CIs and stuff. @_@;;

R u b y

Old 12-12-2022, 06:33 AM

I'm missing a few too, really wish I had a "talking back" right now lol but oh well xD

I put an old avi back on I love this one. And I added an orange and white cat this time! Which is funny because just as I added it Timmy meowed xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 06:39 AM

And the cat looks quite like Timmy too! :D

Which item is that? I don't think I have that one as it doesn't look familiar, though I might've just forgotten about it <_< >_>;;;

R u b y

Old 12-12-2022, 06:57 AM

Right?! It's perfect! He's getting to be about that big too xD

It's called Cozy Afternoon :3 the thumbnail is a white cat

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Oof I checked, it's one of the CIs I'm still missing. >_<

Darn it. xD

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 12-12-2022, 09:36 AM

*waves* Hello!

Decided to check Hangouts after seeing Inso's announcement :D

How are y'all? It's been a WHILE

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-12-2022, 10:08 AM

Hello! I'm doing well. I don't think you and i have ever interacted- by the time you joined i was already starting to no longer be active, but i'm back now! (ironically earlier this year was when i decided to try to get back into forum websites and found mene was an absolute ghost town. and now it's back! I'm so happy)

idk if it's the neurodivergence in me, but certain memories have a sort of... mouth feel to them? Like how something would feel if you were to bite it. Posting in forums doesn't really trigger that feeling, but changing my avi.... oh man. And certain items felt different too. Like the ones i remembered getting vs the ones i don't really remember or didn't use much. Nostalgia is weird.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 12:37 PM

Welcome back! :D

I think I disappeared somewhere around 2019 or maybe 2020, so it's been a while. :O

Menewsha's layout is still my fav after all these years. :) I've also missed being able to equip multiple poses with a single item lol. xD

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-12-2022, 01:28 PM

Ant- I dropped off around 2015-2016 when i moved to florida, and my last post before my true inactivity was in 2017 when i got engaged. I think i was still fighting with trying to get my life in order after moving across the country and still trying to be the same person i was before i moved. Life Happened, and i tried to fight it.

It's also my favorite layout. I really love the way it's set up, i like that the avatars are all on one side of the screen instead of alternating with forum posts, and i also really like how easy it is to navigate the site too. Even after all these years, it's so simple to go through that it's just so nice. Literally feels like home to me.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 01:57 PM

I hope life's been treating you better! I went through a few years' hiatus, and when I came back around maybe 2018 or 2019 Mene was pretty much dead, so I only posted for a bit before I dropped off again. Then Ruby told me about how Inso's back and I immediately dropped everything and ran back here.

Same! I do kind of miss Pantheon's forum where the newest post of that particular forum would show up on the main forum page, but I remember constantly missing Mene's layout when I was there.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 12-12-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Welcome back! :D

I think I disappeared somewhere around 2019 or maybe 2020, so it's been a while. :O

Menewsha's layout is still my fav after all these years. :) I've also missed being able to equip multiple poses with a single item lol. xD
I basically became a ghost here in 2017. I showed up for events in 2018 and posted some but I wasn't really around. My nana got extremely sick in September of 2017 and after that 2018 and 2019 were an absolute nightmare for me, it was just one thing after another. And then when I did come back I discovered mene was a ghost town. I'm so glad mene is still around. I was so excited when I saw the email from mene yesterday lol.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 02:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. D:

I think there was still a few events the last time I visited, since we still had an admin (or two?) who had access to enabling event coding. But yeah, otherwise it was pretty much always a ghost town with a bunch of things all breaking down. :(

Even though it'll probably be a while before Inso ever comes around to fix everything back up again, I'm very happy to learn that the site will be sticking around for some years yet. :)

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-12-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I hope life's been treating you better! I went through a few years' hiatus, and when I came back around maybe 2018 or 2019 Mene was pretty much dead, so I only posted for a bit before I dropped off again. Then Ruby told me about how Inso's back and I immediately dropped everything and ran back here.

Same! I do kind of miss Pantheon's forum where the newest post of that particular forum would show up on the main forum page, but I remember constantly missing Mene's layout when I was there.
yeah, it's slowed down a bit, and i have an actual PC, so that's good. We've moved in with my mother in law, which sucks, but hopefully she'll move out soon. She wanted us to move in and take over the house she rents so we could be closer to the family since her mom has dementia. MIL was going to move in with her parents to help her dad with her mom, but her dad keeps going hot and cold about it. it's always, yes. and then when she's ready to move he's like there's so much more that needs to be done here first, so not yet. and it happens over and over. There was a lot of drama that happened for the first 7 months of being here, but it's died down a bit, and we seem to have come to an understanding with each other.

Yeah, i remember mene being pretty much dead in 2017. i didn't stick around long enough to figure out why, but i did attempt to be active for a while. it didn't work, of course. So yesterday when The Wandering Poet: posted in the discord a screenshot of the email, i got so excited. i hopped on to see if it was a real thing and i am so glad it was. I hope more people come back because the community that was here was the best thing ever. I loved everyone i talked to, with literally 1 exception, and that's because that person was rude and didn't talk to me about an issue they had with me before creating drama over it. but that was like 10 years ago so oh well lol

I never got on Pantheon, but i remember Chrysandrea before it closed, and i remember wishing that it was more similar to mene. Voltra has a new posts section on the forums landing page, so i can understand what you mean and wish mene had that feature too, but there is the new posts landing page that we can see. I remember when mene was active enough that it was a constant stream of new posts though.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2022, 01:12 AM

Oof, that sounds pretty frustrating. I'm glad to hear that the situation seems to have improved! And also yay for having an actual PC now! I personally really don't like using my phone for online stuff.

Yeah, I remember coming back and being shocked that everything was dead. Went reading around and found out that it was because of the server move, which the old coding didn't work well with, so a bunch of problems came up and people left. I haven't been on Discord in ages so it's no wonder I missed that.

Haha back in the day it was hard catching up with all the new posts constantly being made! Especially during events; it was like mad posting frenzies every single time. Now I just click on the 'New Posts' link to catch up.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-13-2022, 03:26 AM

hello all

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-13-2022, 04:28 AM

hi kirin!!!!!

Ant- Yeah, i remember being sad back then, thinking the site was dying. I wasn't entirely wrong, but life got in the way so i never really knew what happened until like january this year when i was able to get in because my phone had saved my password. It was nice to be able to get back in, but sad because the site was all but dead and it was like watching the end of it. I'm so glad inso renewed until 2031, cause that's amazing, and i hope that soon we can get people who are willing and able to be admins and help the site run smoothly. I think a lot of the issue right now is that there's no one around really that's willing or able to help inso get the site back up and running, and inso doesn't have a lot of time right now, especially with his real life responsibilities. which is understandable. I also think a lot of the users that were here in the past before the server switch have definitely grown up a bit and will hopefully be more understanding of the situation.

That being said, there are also a lot of people who might get upset with how everything isn't 100% perfect. Like the 504 bad gateway errors that happen sometimes or the issue with the captcha not working for password resets. So far that's the biggest issue i've seen or heard about so far, so idk. We'll just have to wait and see, i think.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2022, 05:36 AM

Hey Kirin!

@Alorrena: Yeah, a lot of people thought Mene was going to be gone soon and Poet was hoping to buy it from Inso to keep it alive, but couldn't find Inso. So I'm glad Inso came back and renewed it again! I just hope he'll be able to find the time for the site again someday for some updates and fixes. I know pretty much nothing about coding nor pixeling, so I can't help even though I'd like to.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-13-2022, 07:05 AM

Ant- yeah, same. i want to learn how to do things, but i don't have a whole lot of time to do so either, which sucks.

un related, i made a soup for dinner in my instant pot. it's literally shredded chicken. instant mashed potatoes, 2 cans of corn, and a bag of microwave broccoli and cauliflower. plus garlic salt and poultry seasoning and a bit of Worcestershire sauce. it's not bad. wouild be improved with cheese if i had any.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2022, 01:31 PM

Yeah, also doesn't help that I suck at coding. xD;; It's too complicated for me, I only know basic html stuff. <_< >_>

Ooh, that sounds delicious :O I had a mackerel bento for dinner, I'm still stuffed. x_x

R u b y

Old 12-13-2022, 06:01 PM

Nisty: you can kinda do that here with your subscribed threads. New posts show up in the my account tab~ I love that feature because otherwise I forget which threads I was in

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-13-2022, 07:33 PM

Ruby- That's what i do. I didn't hang out in too many places to begin with, so it was always just easier to view my subscribed threads and if they have new activity.

Ant- that sounds amazing. My hubby and gf aren't much fish people, so i don't eat much of it unless we go out to eat.

R u b y

Old 12-13-2022, 08:31 PM

Right? I really wish more of them had that feature vs having to go to your bookmarks page to look (which I also never do lol) so if I don't get pinged on those good luck getting a reply xD

Here I can just check~