opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 06-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Ben grinned cheekily. "If you were on the bus about five minutes ago, you'd already know my power," he said. "I can control wind, and then the wind can control the elements. It's really cool; once I was pissed off because my garden wouldn't grow, then I made the wind change temperature and everything grew! It was awesome."
Ben chuckled at the memory, then turned to Thorn. "So what's your power?"

triforcer100
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-28-2009, 12:41 AM

Seth heard the conversation ahead of him "That was you that was so cool the bus burst was great. My name is Seth so let me get this right, "he pointed the person with the name he said "Ben, Ivan, and Thorn? My power is pretty cool if I do say so myself watch this" he put his hand in the isle so the others could see and he shook his hand and a ice ball about 2 inches in diameter apeard and then he mad it go away. "Creation and minipulation of ice, cool right?"

(((OOC I chaged the color from my app so it would be easyer to read)))

Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 06-28-2009, 01:11 AM

Ivan looked at the ice balls and smiled "that is cool, i can only do this" he said and a water ball formed in his hand and sam smiled. "hey that is cool to" Sam said as he drank the ball of water happly. Ivan hit Sam in the head "it would be cooler if I learned how to control it" he chattered to the squirrle. Ivan then looked at seth "I hardly have any control over that power but I have mastered learning how to talk to animals." he said iwth a smile then turned to thorn. " so what is your power?" he asked happly

triforcer100
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-28-2009, 01:48 AM

"Well talking to animals can help in some ways, yeah Thorn what can you do?" said Seth turning to Thorn smiling also.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM

It's better to make friends now than later. "Psychic powers. I can't show you right now though." she said in a quiet voice. In order to willingly use her powers, she had to get angry, horribly sad, or stressed. She had been out of practice since her grandmother never let her get into those situations.

opalistic8

Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Ben grinned at Seth. "Pretty wicked stuff, huh?"

Ben grinned at Seth's power; pretty handy if you wanted to freeze someone you hated. Unless they were a fire user. "That's neat," Ben commented.

Ben's eyes widened when he saw Ivan's second power: it was almost unheard of for a super (not sure of the term for this in Sky High, so there you go x3) to have two exceptional powers. It was almost no wonder Ivan hadn't been able to control his other power yet. "That's amazing," Ben said in awe, staring at the squirrel as it sipped at the ball of water Ivan had created. "How'd you get two powers??"

"Oh, cool!! Psychic powers? Does that mean you can, like, read people's minds and stuff sometimes??" Ben asked Thorn excitedly. He'd heard of psychic powers before, but they'd mostly been in mortal movies and stuff, so he wasn't sure if they were true.

(Sorry it's a little scrambled, you don't have to answer all the questions, I just wanted to catch up... each paragrah is pretty much commenting on everyone's powers, so just answer to the last one x3)

Palmoun

Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 AM

Ivan smiled at Thron "that is very cool" he said happly then turned to Ben. "I have no idea how I got to powers, I dont even know who my real parents are." he said softly. He knew that everyone on this bus knew there real parents and who they got there powers from. But not him, he had to find out for himself that he was different and still has to find out who his real parents are.

opalistic8

Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 AM

"Oh... I'm sorry," Ben said softly. Though he obviously hadn't known who Ivan's parents had been, it was just the look on his face that made Ben feel sorry for him.

Then Ben noticed that someone else was watching them. He turned his head slightly to look at the person a few seats in front of them. His head was turned too. Ben wondered why he was wearing a gas mask for a moment, then hastily concluded that it was probably some part of his power.

Ben smiled at this boy. "Hi!" He called, "Do you wanna come sit with us? Then again," He added guiltily, glancing at the seatbelts strapping the students to their chairs. "Maybe later then," Ben continued with a grin.

"What's your name?"

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 AM

Damien blinked (not that anyone could see the expression), and pondered for a moment. He could 1. make a snide comment so they would leave him alone, or 2. try to make a few friends who could back him up if any situation should ever call for it.

Option 2 was obviously more beneficial.

"I'm Damien." He said shortly. The voice came out a bit distorted due to the mask, but still decipherable. Then, to no one in particular, "Anyone know just how long this is gonna take for the bus to get to the school? These seatbelts are really starting to irk me."

He decided that if the school isn't there in five minutes, no, make that three, he'd melt the damn straps and to heck with it if the school demands that he pay for the damage. He'll just tell them it was an accidental power leak or something...despite the fact he was wearing protective clothing that wrapped every inch of him up to prevent poison leaking. Damien made a mental note to wear something less wrapped up tomorrow. Where would the fun be if he couldn't even accidentally cause a bit of mayhem by poisoning the teachers or melting a couple of desks?

opalistic8

Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 AM

Ben grinned at the acceptance, because he obviously had no idea what was going through Damien's head. He wasn't the mind-reader.

"From what I can see, we're a few minutes away," Ben said to Damien, glancing through the front windshield to make sure. "It's a longer journey than I expected, I thought the bus would be a lot faster when I first saw the cliff!"

Ben then realised he was jebbering and closed his mouth. Not a good first impression.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Brow raised, Damien commented, "Yes. I had expected the school to be nearer." Though the cliff part certainly wasn't anticipated by him.

Maybe he should ask around to see if there were other buses in the area. That were faster. Without the vehicles flying off unfinished roads. Yes, he should definitely ask around for those tidbits of information.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 AM

Thorn watched the conversation, waiting for a place to say, I can't read minds, but if that was the impression that they put apon her, then they would be very surprised later. Besides, it's not like their lives hang in the balance. Right? "N-no. I can't read minds. I can put picture messages into minds though." she said slowly.

Palmoun

Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Ivan smiled at Thorn "that is still cool" he said happly and smiled. He then turned to Damien "it is nice to met you" he said then turned back to thern. He liked her since she seemed different then the others. Sam smiled at her and jumped onto her lap. Ivan smiled "I think sam has taken a likeing to you" he said happly

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-29-2009, 03:01 PM

Damien nodded slowly, in response to Ivan. His thoughts were still on the part about reading minds. Thank the Heavens and whatever beneficial existence out there, that the girl could not read minds. He wouldn't appreciate having his thoughts displayed out for others to know. Then a thought struck.

"So, if you want to, you would be able to drive a person insane if you continuously shoved unwanted pictures into other people's minds?" He asked Thorn. That sounded like a nasty but very effective way of attacking others. He would have to be careful around her if the answer was an affirmative.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM

"I don't think I wanna answer that." she murmured. She stared at the squirrel. Her grandmother said that she connected well with animals, why couldn't she open up here? Luckily, the approaching of the school, island? she was saved from answering to Ivan.

opalistic8

Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM

Ben glanced at Thorn apologetically. He'd forgotten to wait for an answer before he turned to Damien. Stupid, he told him self, you're stupid!

Ben looked over his shoulder to see out the windscreen of the bus just as it landed with a great ka-flump. There'd been no warning at all, and Ben wasn't the only one on the bus to cry out as the bus bounced around until it rolled smoothly to a stop in front of the school's gates.

Shaken, Ben almost jumped as the snake-like seatbelts unwound themselves from his body, and hissed back into their invisible slots on either side of his chair. Ben glanced around at his new friends, unsure of what to do now.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-30-2009, 02:00 AM

Damien grumbled darkly under his breath as the jolt nearly made him hit his head against the seat in front. Yes, he was most definitely going to ask around to see if there were other buses. There just had to be a better bus than this one...

He could see other kids walking around outside, displaying their powers all over the place. He saw a guy walking around with his head on fire and looked completely unperturbed. He saw a girl leaving footprints of growing flowers and grass as she walked across the schoolyard. There were sounds of small explosions and the air vibrating from whatever source of power someone was making. It was chaotic. And it looked damned fun. He waited impatiently for the bus driver to open the door.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Thorn jumped a little, but didn't make a noise. she was a little nervous, scratch that, very nervous. think of it this way, no one is weirder than you. that cheered her up a little.

Palmoun

Old 06-30-2009, 02:00 PM

Right when the bus landed and the belts receded Ivan jumped up and got ready to run off teh bus. He wanted to met as many people as he could. He didn't feel like such a weirdo anymore and liked it. Sam stayed with thron and climbed up onto her shoulder happly.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 PM

The squirrel will go back to Ivan eventually, don't worry. Thorn thought as the little rodent climbed up her shirt. you can do this.

opalistic8

Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM

The doors opened with a fairly loud ssshh sound, and even though Ben was still seated, he was immediately buffeted by excited students who wanted desperately to get off the bus. Deciding he'd lie low until the throng went down, Ben slid over to the window seat and waited, watching the people who filed (or rather, sprinted) past his seat.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 AM

Damien also waited until the majority of the stampeding students got off first before making his way out the bus.

The school was pretty large, and he looked around to see where the gym was, where the sorting would take place. He also took off his gloves, just in case. From all the extravagant display of powers showering all over the place, it wouldn't do if someone accidentally hit him with one of their power surges.

opalistic8

Old 07-01-2009, 03:04 AM

Ben jumped off the bus behind Damien, and looked around for Ivan, Thorn and Seth. While he searched, he saw that almost everyone was showing off their powers to the freshmen in some way; Ben decided it was about time that they weren't the only ones who could show off.

With some careful tweakings of the wind's direction and temperature, Ben focused his power on a small, leafless tree that looked like it had been planted a few weeks before. Almost immediately new leaves sprung up on it's branches, the latter of which had begun to grow with alarming speed. The trunk was stretching and thickening, and all too soon there stood a new, towering tree in the middle of the courtyard. Ben heard a few exclamations of wonder and approval from the other students, and looked around proudly.

Palmoun

Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 AM

Ivan ran out after Ben and saw his power at work. "cool" he said as he looked at Ben. Sam jumped off of Thorns should and ran back over to Ivan and climbed up onto his shoulder. Ivan wanted to show off his power but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. He hardly had any control of his water power so he decided to do something with his animal one. He let out a ear pieceing screach and then held out his arm. After a few minutes a bald eagle landed on his arm and looked at him "you called" he said to him "yes I did, I wanted some company on my first day of school" Ivan said back and the Eagle nodded. Some of the kids smiled and cheered when they heard him call for the eagle.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-01-2009, 03:23 AM

A few seedy-looking kids came walking over to Damien; no doubt it was because of his mask. They backed off fairly quickly though, after a few drops of hissing poison fell from his fingertips and caused the patch of grass beneath his feet to wither and blacken. Damien smiled. This was going to be fun. He just hoped no teacher would cause any problems between him and his sources of amusement.