fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM

The person who draws Directions of Destiny actually recently started updating again. From what I understand, he was overseas and then busy with school for a while.

The Scarlet Pimpernel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM

XP Cyanide and Happiness is great for the random (slightly guilty) bouts of laughter, but I don't really read it aside from when I see it posted somewhere or something. I haven't kept up with VG Cats in a while.

I absolutely adore Lackadaisy, it's really well drawn, well written, AND original. Other than that, the only webcomics I read are the ones my friend makes. Which are awesome. :mrgreen:

Urbeth
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 AM

I enjoy C&H on occasion. I am much more guilty of reading Red String, Flipside, Sinfest (already mentioned), and Phoenix Requiem.

I try to keep up with Demon Wing, Be Mine, Earthsong, and 9th Elsewhere.

euricy
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to euricy Send a message via MSN to euricy Send a message via Yahoo to euricy

Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM

have been reading a ton of webcomics lately and I have to say I have come to alot of strange conclusions about the nature of art and the way that these artists feel about what they are producing.

So, I read Venus Envy. A comic about a transsexual teenage girl adjusting do life during transition. I do not agree with the politics of the author but the story is touching, well written and like all good webcomics - stalled.

Flipside is a story about a lesbian swordsman and her jester lover. The premise is deceptively simple, hiding a lush universe that seems rushed by the meduim being used. If the author decided to make it a serial graphic novel, allowing the universe and storyline room to breathe rather than cramming it into one page every few days, that would make it uforgettable, like the old biggies. Unfortunately alot of plot exposition is crammed into every few pages, making the world and story cloying. I love it though. Absolutely stunning art, wonderful characters. I would pay for it as a serial graphic novel but I think I like the use of the free medium of webcomicry.

I also read all of Sublunary, a yaoi webcomic with a fairly confusing plot and an even more confusing backstory. But there is alot of boi-sex and beautiful art so that makes up for the confusing story.

Some comics display a total lack of plot and mass overanalyzing of the mintuae of daily life and the struggle and existance of art and the artist. Like Cat and Girl. Didn't read all of the strips like I have with the other comics talked about so far but really, it's not worth the time.

Some comics blend simplicity, heartbreakingly sweet or sad moments, sarcasm and very complicated mathematics all into one. Well, I only know of one comic so far that does that. XKCD but it's amazing. No complaints about this one.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 PM

euricy, I've merged your thread with the original Webcomic topic here in the Comic Books subforum.

Before you create a new thread next time, please be sure to read through the appropriate forums. :yes:

rainbow_bunny
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to rainbow_bunny Send a message via Yahoo to rainbow_bunny

Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Batman!

euricy
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to euricy Send a message via MSN to euricy Send a message via Yahoo to euricy

Old 08-06-2008, 12:04 AM

I'll be sure to do so next time. I feel properly admonished. :D

Akuma_Wolf94
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2008, 04:48 AM

I'd have to say Garfeild. >< I still try and read them, even if I already read it.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Current fave is the noob...It's about a RP game. You have to start at the beginning, it's very funny.

Alfanzo
The Flakey

Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 AM

Eh, I actually like any I read.

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 PM

I love Cyanide and Happiness too, but lately the comics are getting so dull. I love Bleedman's comics!! They are amazing!!

Tano-san
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 03:17 AM

Gotta love Cyanide and Happiness. With a brand new hilarious comics basically daily, a much loved set or re-occurring characters, and a not afraid to say anything attitude, Cyanide and Happiness is also my favorite web comic. They also come out with an occasional video, which are always fun to watch.

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 08-09-2008, 11:41 AM

:love: I love anything Marvel... X-Men and Spiderman are my favourites... Don't like Batman, he's not a superhero... But I suppose he's not MArvel anyway :-S lol

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Cyanide and Happiness is definitely up there, but there are others which I adore even more: Questionable Content without a doubt, XKCD of course, and one of the most awesome webcomics I've ever read, Pictures for Sad Children

I check those four every day (except for XKCD because it's only updated three times a week)

I also love Dinosaur Comics, but I don't really keep up with it like I do with the others, it's fun to check out once in a while, but not really on a daily basis

Deokishisu'
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Vampire Knight.
x3
but its not a comic..technically..
xD

dichromaticbeagle
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to dichromaticbeagle Send a message via Yahoo to dichromaticbeagle

Old 08-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Try checking out Perry Bible Fellowship Comics... it's not religious at all.. and its one of my favorite webcomics... XD if you want a good laugh, this is the comic for you.

I also like xkcd... never thought Math and physics could be fun. X333

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 AM

Marvel:

EXiles
Anything from Age of Apocalypse
Older Fantastic Four, some of the new stuff isn't so good.

Literally anything BEFORE the start of Civil War and Planet Hulk arcs. I don't like what's happened since and am out of the fandom right now.

DC:

Teen Titans
Green Lantern

Others:

The Amalgam Comics. I loved seeing who'd get mixed up with who.
Transformers

Sadly... I'm short on funds and can't even buy the comics I might be interested in... if there was a half decent comic shop near me.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM

I've never really been into those superhero kind of comics... just the ordinary people or animal kind ^^"

Archie Comics!
I'm an avid collector and have been collecting them for a decade! I even save funds to buy those collector editions... The great thing about Archie is the characters and how you know them so well, their family, lives, personality are all explained in such short comic strips. How the script can humour me even within the few boxes. The drawing style is interesting too since it has barely changed over the years and the colours are vibrant! Plus, we get to see new fashions for betty and veronica all the time :P

Garfield
The comics are sort of dry humour. almost British with a touch of sarcasm, just enough for it to be funny without it being too mean. It doesn't need bright colours or nice surroundings being drawn for it to grab a persons attention. Just a few smart remarks by a fat cat :P

EikoHasano
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM

I've always been a collector of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. I can't exactly remember when I started reading it, but once I picked up my first issue, I couldn't stop and had to continue reading. I'm not as active in reading it as I used to be, but I've managed to obtain issues 1 - 3, 5, 17 - 78, 109, 126 - 164, all the mini series, the super specials, and a few others. For the missing issues, I've managed to download those since I couldn't find them on back orders or anything.

I also had a phase where I collected the Garfield comic strip compilation books. In fact, I was in a huge Garfield moment where I collected merchandise and was part of the Garfield fan club thingie. For the comic strip books, I managed to get volumes 1 - 35 or so before I stopped. I also ended up with two of the Garfield's Pet Force books.

Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, The Mask (Based on the animated series), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a few others were also some favorite series that I collected along with the Sonic comics.

Recently, though, I've been into the Gold Digger series. I've always wanted to read it, but was never able to find any issues/volumes, but then I found them and started getting them to read. I friggin love the series too.

Byaggha
*^_^*

Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM

I've got too many favourites, really. I have done a lot of comic reading in my days. :D

Right now, probably Promethea by Alan Moore, Sandman by Neil Gaiman and Sin City by Frank Miller are at the top of my list, though. :3 Good stuff all around, there.

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 AM

I like anything marvel. Dc isn't half bad either same goes for dark horse but I really like internet based comic books. Cause of the difference in style an the charters are just more original. Oh any thing Green lantern related.

PunkPrincessLOVE

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM

Mines Bleach. I have volumes 1 thru 21. Im cookoo for BLEACH!!!

deadlyretro

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 AM

I actually found my two favourite webcomics through a list on wikipedia.

Scary Go Round really popped out at me at first because of the name. The title seemed interesting. Once I saw the latest comic I fell in love. I just love the style art and the story line was interesting enough. I'm a little sad though because the writer has decided to start a while new story line with new characters in the fall. They claim that the storyline has become too long and detailed to draw in new readers, so they thought it better to start a new one.

The second webcomic I check on a daily basis is Questionable Content. I don't know why I keep coming back to read it. The art is good, but it's not something that would keep me coming back. I think it may be the storyline. It's a pretty long one too, but it was pretty easy to jump in and start reading. It's cool to look at the writer's early stuff and compare it to now. they definitely have changed over the years.

EDIT: oh wow this is a slow moving forum, a thread from 2008 still on the front page lol

mochi-PANda
Teavu

Old 08-08-2009, 05:44 AM

I'm a real die-hard for Marvel's Runaways! My one and only comic love! Plus Marvel is better then DC anyway... >:D

Touch of Grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 PM

Questionable Content is my ultimate favorite. Ooh, and No Pink Ponies, for the geeks within us all.