Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-06-2015, 05:15 AM

Conversation ended as the movie began. Brid and Takahiro became engrossed in the story before them. As the heroine went gallop away on her grey steed, Takahiro heard a soft noise beside him, almost sounded like a muffle cry. He looked over at Brid and he could swear that he saw tears glittering in her eyes in the light from the screen.

"I used to ride Sarius like that," he heard Brid murmur and he looked back at the girl on screen, galloping fearlessly along with out saddle or bridle.

He shot another quick glance at Brid and this time he was positive he saw a tear slide down her pale cheek. His heart jerked at the sight of her distress and he desperately wanted to ask her about it, ask her who Sarius was. Perhaps the fine horse in the photo in her room? But as much as he wanted to say something, he knew enough of American customs to know that a movie theater, during a movie, was not a place for conversation.

(I figured the color change might help tell the difference in view of Brid and Takahiro.)

The mere mention of Sarius' name brought a wave of longing and sadness washing over Brid. A barrage of memories replaced the images on the screen before her, until the grief became to much and she felt the panicky urge to escape the now suffocating feeling theater.

"I'm sorry," she choked out to Takahiro before silently fleeing the darkened theater. She stopped in the silent hallway and sagged against the wall, trying to stop the tears before facing the most likely crowded lobby.

"Are you okay?" Takahiro's soft words startled her as she hadn't even heard him follow her.

"I...just want...to go back to the room," she managed to say, trying to hide her tears.

"Come on," Takahiro said taking her arm and leading her down the hall. He suddenly stopped, just before they came in sight of the lobby. "Here, put these on," he said and Brid looked up to see him holding out his sunglasses. "They will hide the tears," he murmured placing them in her hand.

Brid slipped them on, grateful for Takahiro's consideration. She hated crying in front of strangers and rarely did. She couldn't believe that she had let Takahiro see her cry, it had just been so long and being strong was so hard right now. As soon as she had the glasses on, Takahiro took her arm again gently and steered her through the crowded lobby and ship. Brid moved along with no resistance, keeping her head down until they were inside the quiet sanctuary of the suite.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 PM

They left the theatre laughing with smiles wide across their faces.

"Oh, that movie was adorable!" Daisy squealed. "Now I can see why you loved Paddington so much as a child." She leaned on Tom's arm, snaking her hands around it and giving it a gentle squeeze. Tom laughed in response,

"Oh yes!" He exclaimed, "Paddington was always adorable to me." They walked a little ways away, again, neither of them having the guts to ask the other where it was they were going... They walked in whatever awkward direction their feet took them, neither of them exactly "leading the way" as one of them probably should. Tom was too afraid to step over Daisy's feet and make her uncomfortable, while Daisy felt like she wasn't worthy of telling Tom what to do because of his status.

Tom didn't seem to notice, er, maybe he did, but he didn't let Daisy see, but Daisy could feel pairs of eyes staring at them as they walked. Mostly people noticing Tom Hiddleston and gawking at his beauty, probably. She was very surprised that there hadn't been any grown women trying to steal a picture with him, or worse, chewing out Daisy because she was so close to him... Yikes. She'd hate to run into jealous fangirls on this trip. She already had enough problems with self esteem.

"I'm hungry." Daisy said, though, she wasn't talking to Tom, she was just thinking aloud. Tom, however, came to a complete halt mid-step in front of the Starbucks. He looked at Daisy, with a serious look of Oh my god, she's probably starving, poor thing!, then it melted quickly into a warm smile and he asked,

"What would you prefer to eat, Daisy?" Tom's smile could easily melt Daisy. She looked into his blue eyes and once again, she felt so small. Well, it was true, he was very, very tall compared to her, but she felt so minuscule. He felt like a god. A huge, mighty being that was loved and worshiped by so many people while she was just no one. The sudden fear of the jealous fangirls came back to her mind and she looked at him and responded quickly.

"C-can't we just get something to eat in our suite? Like, don't they have room service or something on this ship?"

Tom chuckled, "I believe when I first arrived here they told me there was 24-hour room service on this ship. But are you sure you don't want to try the food court? I'm sure there are many more options at the food court than there would be on the menu of-"

Daisy cut him short. "Yeah, I'm sure." She smiled. The truth was, she didn't want to be walking around the ship, where she was certain many fans would be lurking. No, she didn't want to give them the chance to completely destroy her.

"Alright." Tom said, and they walked back to their suite, side by side, both very, very silent, though, they stole awkward glances at each other and exchanged crooked smiles.

- - - -

Daisy was on her sixth Corona... They'd already finished their sandwiches that they'd ordered from room service and now they were both lounging on the couch in the living room, the TV was on, but neither of them were actually watching. Especially not Daisy, who was so nervous she couldn't tell she was drinking like a fish.

Tom thought about asking her to stop, but he didn't feel as though he should... She didn't seem like she was drunk, yet. But still, he didn't want it to get to that point. If that happened the press would go wild! Negative publicity was NOT what he needed. He waited until the tip of the bottle left Daisy's lips before putting a hand over hers and grabbing the bottle from her,

"I think you've had enough, Daisy." He said, though, he did his best to sound gentle, as though he were a friend trying to warn her about an unwise decision. Daisy snorted,

"I'm not drunk, Tom..." She spat. "I'm just trying to calm myself a little..." Tom frowned.

"I don't believe that drinking is going to make you calm, in fact, I think it'll just cause a new set of problems. Soon, being 'calm' will be the least of your worries if you keep drinking."

"Whatever." Daisy sighed. "I'm just nervous for dinner... I've never been any place fancy before."

"I don't believe that." Tom smiled,

"Well, believe it!" Daisy turned away from him like a pouty child and folded her arms across her chest. She mumbled something under her breath that Tom didn't hear, so naturally he leaned in a little bit and kindly asked her to say it again.

"I'm nobody, Tom... I'm just a black girl from nowhere'sville, Florida and if anyone sees me with you... Well... you know... It's not a good idea. If I don't have some confidence everyone will get mad at me. They'll think I'm some kind of weirdo and that I don't deserve to breathe the same air as you." Daisy didn't mean to get so emotional... It was probably the beer that did it, she normally wasn't so soft. Her eyes began to fill with tears and she found herself struggling to breathe.

"Daisy..." Tom began to pat her back. "You aren't nobody. I appreciate all of my fans and if they do not respect the people that I surround myself with, then they are no fans of mine. Not a real one, anyway." He massaged her back gently as she turned around to look him in the eye once more. "I promise, Daisy, it will go well. Being drunk will NOT improve the situation." He smiled and Daisy gave her best attempt to return it. "Feeling better?"

Daisy gave a slow nod.

"Good." Tom smiled. "Alright, why don't you show me the 'fancy' attire you've brought with you? Tell me you didn't only bring jeans and sweatshirts for a trip like this!"

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Astoria lay down on her bed, listening to some music. The afternoon with Felix had been fun. The lunch was fantastic and the two of them had a lot of fun at the arcade. She had never thought of him as a Street Fighter kind of guy, and it had been funny to watch him play. The two-player games had been especially fun.

There was a knock on her door. "Come in," she said, taking her headphones off. Sebastian opened the door and smiled at her. "Good evening, Astoria," he said. "I came to check if you were ready for the dinner tonight. The dress code is formal wear."

Stunned, Astoria began rummaging through her suitcase, looking for something to wear. Sebastian stood behind her. "Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked. Astoria let out a small groan and turned to him.

"I- I had no idea there was a dress code," she explained. "I don't have anything fancy to wear for tonight, what the heck do I do? ARGH! I knew I should have researched a little bit before coming here. Then at least I would have known there was something called a 'formal night'." She pounded her fist on the floor and looked back at Sebastian, who had cleared his throat to get her attention.

"May I suggest something?" he asked, smiling. "You and Master Newman could go and buy something from one of the stores on the ship. I believe they are still open now, and they will be for another hour. You have enough time to buy a dress and get ready for dinner." Astoria considered it.

"If I have to go shopping, I will not go with Felix," she said, shaking her head vigorously. "I cannot let him know that I came to a cruise without any formal clothing." She shuddered at the thought and then looked at Sebastian. "Say, you could help me out. Could you come with me instead?" Sebastian looked surprised at that, and then he smiled. "It would be my pleasure, Astoria." Astoria was pleased.

She followed Sebastian to a store that he suggested and walked in. And then she shook her head.

"Nope," she said. "I cannot do this. I don't wear things like these, it's against my... EVERYTHING!" All the dresses in the store were the kind she'd only seen models wear, and never wanted to wear. Sebastian chuckled next to her.

"Don't worry," he said. "I am sure we can find something that will suit your taste and conform to tonight's norms. Now, let's see..." He began to look around the store, Astoria following him. "What can we get a tomboy who has to attend a formal dinner?" Sebastian thought out loud. A store attendant also joined in the hunt for a good dress for Astoria.

Finally they stopped and looked at a dress. Astoria looked at it and nodded slowly. It wasn't bad. The attendant turned to Astoria. "Why don't you try this on, miss?" she asked. Astoria turned to Sebastian, who gave her an encouraging nod.

"O-kayy..." Astoria was not sure about it at all. She took the dress anyway and tried it on. When she came out, the attendant gushed over her.

"You look so pretty!" she squealed and pushed Astoria in front of a mirror. She had to admit, it wasn't too bad.

"Awesome," Astoria said. "I'll take this." She smiled and got her card out. The attendant smiled.

"Oh, and do you have shoes to go with that?" she asked. Astoria's jaw dropped. The attendant laughed a bit at her expression. "It's okay, we can rent you the shoes if you want. We have the perfect shoes for that dress." Astoria sighed, relieved that she didn't have to shop any further. She took the shoes and went back to her suite with Sebastian.

"Today, I finally realized what people really mean when they say, "Shop till you drop,"" she told Sebastian and collapsed on her bed. There was still half an hour to go before the dinner. She rested for five minutes and then went in to get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix looked at his watch. It was almost time to get ready for the formal dinner. He heard a knock on his door. "Yes?" he asked, and saw Sebastian come in.

"I just wanted to remind you that it is almost time for the dinner, Master Newman," he said.

"Yes, I was just going. Thanks." He smiled at Sebastian, who then closed the door. Getting up from his seat, he got his tuxedo out of the cupboard and went to get changed.

Once done, he walked out of his room and knocked on Astoria's door. "Astoria?" he called. Astoria's voice came from within, telling him to wait for two minutes. He stood out, looking at his watch.

When Astoria came out, though, he had to do everything in his power to keep from gaping at what he saw. This couldn't be the rough tomboy who had beaten him at Street Fighter that very afternoon, could it?

"Whoa, you look... different," he said, smiling. Astoria smiled back. "I'm gonna take that as a good different," she said. Felix laughed.

"It is a good different," he said and held out his arm. "Shall we go, my lady?" he asked in a jovial tone and smiled. Astoria accepted it and walked with him.

"You look great too," she said.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-10-2015, 01:08 AM

Brid dropped Takahiro's sunglasses on the coffee table and flopped down on the couch in the suite. The tears were pretty much gone but she still felt drained from the emotions. She wanted to hide, but yet she was to exhausted to move so she settled with turning her back on the room.

Takahiro wanted to reach out to the hurting girl, to comfort her. Yet he also wanted to ask questions, find out who this "Sarius" was and why he or she caused Brid tears. But he sensed that she wasn't ready to share that yet and so he let her be.

He flipped the big screen TV on and turned the volume low, flipping through channels until he found something interesting. He glanced over at Brid and could tell from her breathing that she had dozed off. He picked up the nearby throw blanket and spread it gently over her slipping form before going back to watching TV.

And so several hours passed quietly, until Jenkins appeared in the suite's living room. Seeing the slumbering Brid, he spoke softly to Takahiro. "I came to inform you that there is an hour and a half until dinner. As it is a formal affair, I thought you would like time to prepare, especially the lady." He turned to leave, but paused to say over his shoulder, "if either of you need anything, you have but to call."

Takahiro turned the TV off and reached out a hand to touch Brid's shoulder, prepared to wake her gently. But the result of his touch surprised him, one moment she was asleep and the next she had jerked instantly awake.

Brid snapped awake at Takahiro's touch, rolling to sit up. Her movements caused the blanket to fall to the floor as she looked up into Takahiro's dark eyes.

"Easy," Takahiro soothed softly. "Jenkins just came to tell us that their is an hour and a half until dinner. He thought we might want time to get ready, especially since its a formal dinner."

At the thought of preparing for the formal dinner, Brid flopped back against the couch with a groan. Her slender fingers raked unconsciously through her hair as her eyes closed in frustration.

"What is the matter?" Takahiro asked, his voice laced with concern.

"I am so out of my league here," she muttered.

"What do you mean?" Takahiro asked. "Its just a dinner."

"A dinner that requires make-up and fancy hairdos. I know braids and pony tails, those wont cut it for a formal dinner. And..."

"And what?" Takahiro's dark eyes gazed intensely at her.

"And I don't even know how to put on make-up," she muttered quietly. "Pathetic right?" Brid said when Takahiro didn't speak right away.

"Iie...I mean no Brid-san," Takahiro said, accidently lapsing into Japanese. "Jenkins-san," he called out and the butler quickly appeared.

"What can I do for you Master Takahiro?" He asked with a smile.

"Is there somewhere in the shopping center to get Brid-san's hair and make-up done?" Takahiro asked.

"I am afraid my knowledge in such is lacking," Brid added at the butler's upraised eyebrow. "My mother died before she could teach me any of that."

"I am afraid that the salons in the shopping center will be full at this hour, as everyone is preparing for dinner, but give me a moment," Jenkins said, disappearing back into his room.

Ten minutes later there was a knock on the door and Jenkins opened it to admit a pretty brunette pulling a sleek black-and-chrome case behind her. Her face was kind and she looked like a model, her make-up impeccable.

"This is Elena, one of the best hair and make-up artists on the ship," Jenkins said gesturing to the girl. "Today was her day off but she kindly agreed to come and do your hair and make-up. Now Master Takahiro," he said turning to the young man, "shall we leave the ladies to it?"

"Of course," Takahiro said, shooting Brid a reassuring smile.

He left for his room as Elena ushered Brid up the stairs to her bedroom. The beautiful brunette pulled the big curtains that shielded Brid's bedroom from the rest of the suite and then opened her kit to reveal an array of hair and make-up implements.

"I am sorry to interrupt your day off," Brid said apologetically.

"Don't be," Elena said with a smile. "I couldn't resist when Brid told me of you." She motioned Brid towards the seat in front of the vanity table.

"Pathetic that I know nothing of hair and make-up, isn't?" Brid said derisively as she sat down.

"Not at all girl," Elena said kindly. "There are plenty of girls that have no to limited knowledge, or people like me wouldn't have a job."

Elena got busy pulling Brid's hair back and curling and pinning it. Fourty-five minutes later Brid's hair was done and Elena began on make-up. She assured Brid that she would keep it very natural looking. When she finished Brid's make-up, Elena offered to help her get in her dress. Brid decided on the ball gown, not feeling ready for the more revealing fitted dress. Once in her dress Brid pulled on a pair of strappy black heels that the girl in the shop had convinced her to buy to go with the dress. And finally the matching necklace and earring set.

(Going to stop here, didn't realize this post had gotten so long. Sorry guys.)

Kory

Old 05-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Tom finished combing his hair as he looked at himself in the mirror of the bathroom. Daisy was in the other bathroom, "changing", though she'd been doing that for the past half hour! Tom groaned... Why did women always take sooo long to get ready? He didn't let his disdain show, instead he adjusted his smile and sang out,

"Daisy! Dinner is in a little while. When will you be ready?" He called, there was a muffled response coming from behind the closed door of the other bathroom that Tom couldn't quite make out. He sighed, "Do you need any help in here?" He yelled as he poked his head out from the bathroom he was in. The response he got was much louder and very clear,

"NO!!"

He chuckled. Daisy was always so funny, even when she didn't mean to be.

Time passed and Daisy was still in the bathroom. Tom paced outside in the living room, waiting for her to suddenly emerge and be ready and dressed. Minutes passed, still nothing, not even a sound came from behind the door, then minutes more passed, still nothing. Tom gently tapped on the door, "Daisy?" He asked, "Are you okay in there?"

Daisy slowly opened the door with pink eyes. She was partially wearing a lovely black laced dress. Partially, though, as it would only zip up halfway. Tom looked at Daisy in awe, she was beautiful. Daisy was embarrassed, she hadn't worn this dress in over five years. It was hand sewn by her aunt, a seamstress who made her this dress five years ago for prom. She ended up not wearing the dress to prom because she ended up not even going. The dress meant a lot to Daisy, she looked forward to wearing it for a special occasion now, but, she was horrified to discover that she couldn't even zip the dress up all the way.

Daisy stared at her feet and sniffed. She mumbled, "I-I don't think I'm going to dinner today."

Tom looked bewildered. "Daisy! This is a very important dinner. And while no one is forcing you to attend, it would mean so much to me if you went."

"...I-I-I..." Daisy began, but her anxiety stopped her from forming coherent sentences. She tried to spit out, yell out, scream out, I can't fucking zip up my stupid dress! But she ended up just staring at her feet with her mouth snapped tightly shut. She turned around so Tom Could get a glimpse of her bare back showing where the zipper had stopped.

Tom looked at her back and smiled. "That's no problem, Daisy!" He reached out and put a hand on Daisy's waist and another hand on Daisy's zipper and he yanked. Daisy gasped, not expecting him to try to help her with the zipper. She immediately wiggled out of his hold and turned around to face him,

"No, Tom! I can't zip it, I'm too fat. I just won't go."

"That's nonsense, Daisy! Here, I'll call the butler, I'm sure they will know what to do."

"No, Tom!"

"Daisy, please. It would mean so much to me if you went. Don't worry, we can fix your dress, or even get you a new one entirely-"

"I don't WANT a new dress! If I can't wear this one, then I'm NOT going!" Daisy screamed as Tom went to the phone and pressed the button for their butler. "And I told you, I do not want the butler here!"

No sooner than five minutes into their arguing, did their butler arrive.

"Greetings." The butler said. "What is it that you need?" He had a very thick Scottish accent as he spoke that sauced over his words.

"What is your name, friend?" Tom asked. Daisy huffed and stormed away immediately,meeting incredibly anxious to have another strange man in her private space.

"Barlow, Sir." The butler smiled and bowed. "At your service."

Tom came in close to him and whispered under his breath to Mr. Barlow, "Now, Mr. Barlow, can you fix a dress?"

Barlow smiled, "You're in luck, Sir! You're looking at one of the best tailors on this ship!"

Tom smiled. "Good!" He clapped. Then he called to Daisy, "Daisy! Daisy, please come out! Mr. Barlow can fix your dress!"

Daisy didn't come out right away. Minutes passed and Tom apologized to Mr. Barlow.
Just as Tom began to excuse Mr. Barlow, Daisy emerged from where she was hiding, embarrassment on her face, still, she slowly approached Tom and Mr. Barlow.

"Can you... Can you just make it fit?" She asked.

Last edited by Kory; 05-11-2015 at 01:49 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-11-2015, 02:33 PM

Astoria was starting to feel weird. Felix looked way too gorgeous in a tux, and next to him, she felt extremely small. If that wasn't enough, there was the fact that she felt horribly exposed and vulnerable in a dress. Suddenly, she was wishing that time would speed up and just get dinner over with, so she could just slip into some nice, comfy pajamas and jump straight into her bed. Not that she was sleepy. She just had a habit of taking refuge in a bed if she felt like hiding. Her face went dangerously sour from her mood. She looked up at Felix, who was looking at her, and frowned even more.

"What are you smiling about?" she demanded, causing Felix to give a slight chuckle and her to frown even more. What was with this guy anyway?

"Nothing," he said. "You look nice, that's all." Astoria narrowed her eyes at him and he smiled even more. Then he looked ahead, in the direction that they were walking. "These people are really playing a smart game." The frown on Astoria's face was replaced by a confused look as she wondered what he was talking about. Then she turned to him.

"We've been walking for quite a while now," she said. "When are we going to reach the dinner place or whatever it's called?"

"Oh, it's going to be a while before dinner starts," he said, in a matter-of-fact tone. "Supposedly there are some interviews to be done before, so they're starting it a little late. So, I was just going wherever our feet take us." He smiled at the last sentence. Astoria, on the other hand, gave him a funny look.

"Uh huh," she said, her expression somewhere in between a glare and an expression of confusion. "And when exactly did you find that out? And were you planning on telling me at all?"

Felix shrugged. "I noticed it when we reached the dinner hall," he said, in that tone that was starting to seriously annoy Astoria. "And I thought you'd noticed too, so I didn't bother bringing it up." He smiled at her. "Why, don't you like walking aimlessly like this?"

Astoria couldn't help raising an eyebrow at him. "I don't really mind it..." she said. She just felt weird. She got even more worked up as she realized that she was blushing, something she never did. Damn this guy, she thought. She was at least glad that they weren't walking in daylight. She didn't know what she would do if Felix saw how red her face had gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix's mind was continuously assessing his situation. Well, it was not exactly a bad situation. Not now, anyway. How the heck did these people find out that he had a thing for tomboys? Probably from an acquaintance of his from school. The worst part (or probably the best) had to be that Astoria was a seriously pretty tomboy.

But he had to admit, he liked annoying her. She seemed to be in that mood right now, and it was cute. It was a fault of his. He liked annoying tomboys and getting them mad at him.

They walked into a well lit part of the ship and Felix noticed that Astoria's face was red. "Interesting," he said, causing her to look up at him.

"What is?" she asked.

"Your face."

"What's up with my-" She realized where they were and yelped, her hand immediately shooting up to her face. Felix gave a devilish laugh. Astoria punched him on the shoulder, making him laugh even more.

Lucky for the two of them, they weren't really in a populated part of the ship. Everyone seemed to be waiting to get into the dinner hall. It didn't make sense for him, to wait there for the dinner hall to open up and groan about how late it was getting or how hungry you were.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-13-2015, 03:47 AM

Takahiro was already in his suit. He was sitting in one of the living room chairs waiting for Brid to be ready. He picked up a magazine off the coffee table, leafed through and set it back down.

Just as he set down the magazine, Elena pulled open the curtain. Takahiro stood up and turned to see Brid standing at the top of the stairs. His jaw nearly dropped at the sight of her, as she slowly made her way down the stairs. She had looked beautiful before but she looked hot now. He couldn't help grinning at the thought that he got to walk into dinner with this gorgeous beauty on his arm.

Brid focused on walking in the black heels. Walking in them was a lot harder than in the cowboy boots she was used to wearing. She tripped on the second to last step and felt herself plummet...straight into Takahiro whose strong arms wrapped around her.

"Easy there," Takahiro said with a smile. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Brid said, blushing and staring down at her feet. Why do I have to be such a klutz?" Brid yelled mentally.

"Hey," Takahiro said, cupping her chin in a gentle hand and lifting her eyes. "We all have ungraceful moments. I am just glad I could catch you."

Jenkins cleared his throat and Brid spun around, nearly loosing her balance again if it weren't for Takahiro's steadying grip. "I hate to interrupt but we wouldn't want you to be late for dinner. And Miss McKay, they are insisting on interviews before dinner."

"What?!" Brid yelped feeling the panic welling up. She started backing away.

"Easy Brid-san," Takahiro said soothingly, taking Brid's hand. "I be right there with you. I am not going to let them attack you, in fact I will answer all the questions if you want. If it gets to be to much, you say we are done and we are done. Okay?"

"Okay," Brid whispered.

Takahiro smiled and held out his arm. Brid nervously took it and they left the suite. Takahiro slowed his steps to make it easier on Brid who was trying hard not to fall in her heels. Neither one was in a rush to be interviewed either, though Takahiro was used to it.

Takahiro could feel Brid's steps slow the closer they got to dinner and the interviews. He could feel her trembling through the hand on his arm. He stopped them in a little alcove and looked into Brid's emerald green eyes.

"I swear I will be right here by your side," Takahiro promised taking Brid's cold, clammy hands in his. "I wont let them get you."

Kory

Old 05-14-2015, 04:27 AM

Tom escorted Daisy to the dinner hall, her dress now fitting beautifully. (Barlow truly was a magician with needle and thread!) Daisy's arm was wrapped around Tom's as he was strutting a fabulous blue suit. Daisy liked to refer to it as his 'full tardis suit'.

For a little while, Daisy actually felt pretty confident. She had done her own make up, still retaining her black lipstick and shed fixed her hair, which was now down in long, thick curls that fell passed her shoulders. She had to admit, she felt beautiful, and maybe... Just maybe even as beautiful as Tom. She felt like an equal to him and she beamed proudly as Tom led her down the corridor towards the dinner hall.

Her heart stopped when they were interrupted by a woman, a reporter perhaps, asking demanding an interview before dinner starts. Tom seemed to be so fluent with reporters, his words were so eloquent and well spoken that the realization dawned on Daisy once more... They were definitely NOT equals! Daisy froze in place and began to tightly squeeze Tom's arm, although Tom didn't let his concern for Daisy show to the interviewer.

The questions came to Daisy now and a camera was pointed in her face, causing her to attempt to hide behind Tom.

"Miss Buchanan..." The interviewer said and she asked her question, but Daisy's heart was beating so loudly in her ears she couldn't hear the questions. She opened her mouth to speak but her mouth was so dry that her lips began to stick to her teeth and she began to visibly shake. Tom apologized for Daisy's behavior and mentioned the the interviewer that Daisy was not feeling all too well since arriving on the ship.

"I'm so sorry to hear that!" The interviewer said with an obviously fake concern. "I hope this will not dampen the excitement of the experience for you." The interviewer smiled, but all Daisy could see was the big, black, ugly piece of metal that was being shoved in her face. She started sweating, which made her more self conscious which, in turn, made her sweat more and she feared it would ruin her make up. She was NOT expecting this! She thought she'd just go to dinner with Tom, be in a private setting where she and him could talk, maybe share a few laughs, drinks and then return to their suite. She was not expecting to be interrogated and humiliated in front of so many people.

Tom asked what the purpose of the interview would be, just out of curiosity and the woman replied that they would showcase the interviews of the winners of the celebrity contest at dinner. This news made Daisy feel sick to her stomach. Daisy just wanted to hide, like a turtle in its shell, but so many people were crowding her and getting in her face and staring at her, and frankly, it felt as though she'd left her she'll back home. She was exposed and the world would see Daisy Buchanan as she really was...

"How does it feel to have this opportunity, Miss Buchanan?"

Daisy's head swam. So many questions, so many people, big, ugly camera in her face. Daisy's heart pounding in her chest so powerfully she thought it would just break through her ribcage. She choked out a small response, "Good." Was all she could manage to say before her panic finally took over her senses and she let go of Tom's arm and fled down the hall.

Tom ran after Daisy, not even stopping to apologize to the interviewer and her cameramen. Daisy's wellbeing was the most important thing right now, after all, Tom had grown a little fond of Daisy, a little protective. She was like a younger sister to him, she deserved at least the knowledge that he honestly cared about her wellbeing.

"Daisy!" He called after her, it wasn't too hard to catch up to her, it was obvious, she wasn't a runner and those short heels she was wearing had definitely slowed her down enough that Tom caught up effortlessly. "Daisy, I'm so sorry. I wasn't aware there would be reporters, but I should have known, it's a part of the schedule to get interviews in for the press."

"Just leave me alone." Came Daisy's muffled response as she hid her face in her hands in shame and embarrassment. Tom felt bad. It was partially his fault, he could have warned her of the possibility of there being reporters, instead he just decided to take his chances and hope there weren't any. He reached out to place a hand on Daisy's shoulder, but she jerked away almost instantly under his feather-light touch.

"Is that the way you want it?" Tom asked. "I only want to help you." He was being completely honest, he cared about Daisy, her feelings mattered and if she felt better not being around him for a while, that would be fine, he could easily arrange for his things to be moved to an available room, as there were no more suites available. He'd leave Daisy alone if that's what she needed. She just needed to say so.

Daisy wiped her face, smearing make up in thick, feathery lines across her cheeks.

"You knew this would happen!" Daisy yelled. "You KNEW this, yet you still made me think that I'd be alright."

"You will be alright, Daisy." Tom smiled, "These interviewers are just people. They're not trying to kill you, or maim you or harm you in any way. This is one, harmless interview. You can do it."

"No, I can't!" Daisy whined, but before she could continue to whine, Tom cut her off,

"In the time that I've known you, Daisy, which, granted, hasn't been that long, you have proven yourself to be a very strong, powerful woman who is just afraid of her own strength. You will not break from this interview. You will be stronger and I will be there to cheer you on."

Daisy looked at him with wide eyes. Tom loved being the cheerleader for his friends, and Daisy was in desperate need of some cheering. He slipped a hand over her shoulders and offered to escort her back to the dinner hall.

Daisy accepted and they walked back to the dinner hall to complete their interview.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-14-2015, 09:56 AM

Astoria was now simply seething. Or at least feigning it. Felix seemed to be having a gala time annoying her. He seemed to have dropped the "polite young man" attitude for now.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" she asked him, eyes narrowed. Truth be told, she was enjoying the teasing too. But she wasn't about to admit that in front of him.

"Yes, I am," he said, chuckling a bit. "I'm starting to think that these people picked you on purpose. It's no secret to my friends that I have a liking for tomboys. Someone must have told these people." He shrugged before walking normally. Astoria, on the other hand, was doing everything in her power to keep from blushing again like an idiot. This was not her. Then she looked at him and smiled.

"By the way, you promised me something this evening," she said. "Remember, after I showed you my fighting skills?"

Felix nodded. "Oh yeah," he said. "I owe you a little performance, don't I?" He chuckled again. "After dinner, then. I actually practiced a bit for it. I'm sure you'll like it."

"Sounds great," she said and smiled. "Can't wait to hear it."

------------------------------------

Felix was inwardly cursing himself. What had he been thinking, telling her that he liked tomboys? God knows what she was thinking about him now. He ran his hand through his hair nervously. Astoria couldn't tell, though, thankfully. He would have to keep a check on his words from now on. His mouth was running a little too wild for his liking.

"You know, we've been walking for too long now," he said. "Wanna sit down here or something?" He motioned towards some chairs in front of them, near the ship railing. Astoria nodded and sat down.

"How long are they going to take to start dinner anyway?" she asked. "It's been long enough."

"I don't know," he replied. "We'll just have to wait it out. If we go back now, it will take us about, fifteen minutes to get there. Maybe they'll start by then?" He shrugged, feeling like he was acting a lot more flippant than he felt. He still couldn't get over Astoria's transformation. She hadn't even bothered to put on make-up and she still looked nice.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM

Brid had barely steeled herself for the interview before the lady and her crew descended on them. There was a guy with a video camera and another snapping pictures as the lady asked her questions, shoving her mike in their faces. Brid's face remained a cool, aloof mask, but underneath she was fighting to hold the flash backs at bay.

Takahiro answered every question directed at him with an ease of familiarity with the situation. He might not be as polished yet as some of the older celebrities out there, but at least he was fighting a melt down or something. Before Brid knew it, the lady turned her attention and questions on Brid.

"Miss McKay, how does it feel to be one of the lucky winners?" The lady asked, shoving her mike in Brid's face.

"Miss McKay, Miss McKay how does it feel to know that your father died a hero? I am sure you are so proud." "Miss McKay where will you go now that your father is gone?"

Takahiro could feel how tense Brid was next to him and when he felt her fingers digging into his arm, he knew that she was having flash backs.

"Could you give us a moment ma'am," he said turning Brid away from them. "She is a little nervous."

"You okay?" He asked once he had Brid over by the railing and away from the reporter. At least the glazed look was gone from her eyes, the one that told him she was in a flash back.

Brid gulped the fresh sea air, trying to calm herself. "I don't think I can do this," she said looking up into Takahiro's kind eyes.

"Yes you can, you are a hikyuu, a brave warrior," Takahiro said, his strong hands on her shoulders. "You have faced loosing everyone you loved and still going on without them, even while be harassed by houdoukikan, I mean the press. Besides, this time you don't have to do it alone. I am here and I won't let them hurt you or attack you."

Brid could feel his strength calming her and she steeled herself again for the onslaught of question. As they turned to go back to the report, Brid heard Takahiro whisper in her ear, "Remember Brid-chan, I am here for you. Draw from my strength."

And that proved enough to help her get through the questions. Every time she felt like it was becoming to much she glanced at Takahiro and could see his eyes willing her on. When the reporter was finished and wandered away with her crew, Brid felt almost drained, but she had done it.

They walked into the dinning room and were ushered to their table, where Brid could see the other two winners and their companions waiting. They were to be seated at the Captain's table she realized. She steeled herself for a night of food, drinks and MORE questions probably. Oh how she wished for a private dinner with her and Takahiro, where they could chat and laugh and have some drinks.

Kory

Old 05-15-2015, 03:46 AM

Daisy stared down at her lap, still feeling a bit uneasy and shameful of how the interview went. Her mind was going a hundred miles a minute thinking of all the things she could have said as well as the things she should not have. She also felt embarrassed that her make up had smeared. She didn't feel like spending the extra time it took to fix it, either. She was hungry and just wanted to get this night over with.

The other winners looked beautiful with their companions. Their dresses were gorgeous and they had very pretty faces. Daisy felt ugly again and she let her eyes lower to stare at her hands in her lap as Tom rubbed circles on her back gently, in an attempt to soothe her troubled mind a bit. It didn't really help, though. Daisy still felt ugly, stupid and worthless.

She lifted her eyes only for a quick moment when another winner and her companion, an Asian man, someone Daisy didn't recognize, approached the table. So much beauty was surrounding her and it made her feel a little suffocated. She was choking on the beauty of everyone and it was making her feel terrible. If only she could sink into a shell, like a turtle and become invisible. She had no such luck, no matter how hard she wished for it.

"I wonder what will be served for dinner." Tom thought aloud in another failing attempt to start conversation and distract Daisy from her own destructive thoughts. Tom hated to see Daisy looking so pitiful and sad, especially during an event that was supposed to be exciting and fun.

This was the chance for them to mingle with the other winners. Tom was certain that Daisy could use a female friend or two on this ship, as even though he and Daisy both felt a mutual protectiveness, Tom still wanted Daisy to have a female friend to confide in, much like he'd want his little sister to go out and meet new friends.

He continued rubbing circles on Daisy's back and hummed softly, looking at the other winners and their companions and shooting them friendly, inviting smiles. He paused his humming for a moment to speak to them,

"Hello." He said, "I am so excited to finally meet you all."

Last edited by Kory; 05-15-2015 at 05:32 PM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM

Astoria and Felix were the first ones on the table. She briefly wondered what the other winners would be like, before she noticed Tom Hiddleston and a woman by his side, walking towards the table. The woman seemed embarrassed and nervous beyond belief. Astoria couldn't help feeling sorry for her. She herself had been there just this morning. Next to her, Tom Hiddleston tried (and failed) to cheer her up. Astoria tried to smile at the woman, but it would have worked if the other woman had looked up for a minute!

A few minutes later, they were joined by a red-haired woman and... Oh my God, Astoria thought. Was that Takahiro Moshimoto? She was a huge fan of his fight scenes. She tried her best not to show her excitement on her face, though, in case it might embarrass him or his companion.

Astoria stared down at the floor. I am the youngest here by at least five years, she thought. Those reporters hadn't been kidding. She turned as she heard Tom speak and smiled back at him, not sure how to respond. Felix seemed happy to continue the conversation that he had started.

"Good to meet you too, Tom," he said and extended his hand, smiling at him. "It's okay if I call you that, right? I'm Felix Newman. This is Astoria Wells." He introduced them both, making it easier for Astoria, who smiled at Tom.

"Hi," she said. She turned to Takahiro and his companion and smiled at them too.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-16-2015, 07:28 PM

Brid had the distinct urge to run back to the suite. This was nothing like the casual dinners with the ranch hands that right now she missed so much. She knew how to act in amongst a group of crude cowboys, but not this fancy setting. Takahiro's hand on the small of her back was the only thing keeping her from turning tail and running.

Brid looked at the other winners as they approached the table. There was Tom Hiddleston, it was a tie between him and David Tenant for her favorite doctor, with a beautiful black girl in a gorgeous black lace dress. Then there was two teenagers, Brid thought the guy might be a singer but she wasn't sure until he introduced himself and his companion. She had heard the name but didn't really know much about him.

"Pleasure to meet you," Takahiro said. "I am Takahiro Moshimoto and this is Brid McKay." Brid managed a nervous smile to the other winners, feeling like a fish out of water.

Takahiro could see how tense and nervous Brid was next to him. He didn't know why, these all seemed like really nice people. Then again his companion was one of surprises and secrets. He casually put a hand on her thigh, trying to calm her and again lend her his strength, as he started up conversation with the other winners.

Kory

Old 05-17-2015, 03:26 PM

"Hello, Astoria. The pleasure is all mine." Tom smiled. He looked at Daisy and hoped that she'd introduce herself, but he got no response from her. She just continued to sit with her head down, she was probably trying to hide her face, as her make up was still smeared. Personally, Tom didn't think it looked that bad.

Tom wanted to continue talking to Felix, but then the red haired woman and her companion, whom Tom recognized right away was a very popular Japanese martial artist, sat at the table. He'd studied some of Moshimoto's fight scenes for various roles in the past.

Tom wanted to stand up and speak to Takahiro,,but his concern for Daisy outweighed his excitement and he remained seated, still rubbing circles into a Daisy's back. He smiled at Both Takahiro and his companion, Brid when Takahiro introduced himself and his companion.

"The pleasure is all mine." He said to Takahiro. "I'm Tom Hiddleston, and this is...." He trailed off to give Daisy a chance to introduce herself. He wasn't trying to be an asshole, though he knew that was Daisy would interpret it. He wanted for Daisy to be a strong, independent, young woman. He'd do what he could to help her. He cleared his throat and stopped rubbing Daisy's back. His hands moved up to her shoulders and he leaned in close to her and whispered, "Please, can you introduce yourselves for our friends here?"

Daisy only glared at Tom as he asked her to introduce herself. She resisted at first, possibly making a spectacle of herself as it felt like Tom was treating her like a baby. But then Tom said,

"I won't introduce you, myself, when you are perfectly capable."

Daisy grit her teeth. She had no choice, she thought about keeping her head down and mumbling a weak "hello", but that wouldn't satisfy Tom. Fine. If he wanted to see her embarrassed and humiliated when these beautiful, beautiful people saw her ugly, smeared face, then she'd play into his little game.

Daisy slowly looked up at the winners and their companions. "Hello." She said in a small voice, "I'm Daisy Buchanan." She gave her best smile, "It is.... Good to meet you, Felix, Astoria, Takahiro, Brid."

Her head was already up, there'd be no point of hiding it now, but she still felt scared and embarrassed so she quickly turned to Tom and tried to hide her face in his shoulder, feeling more comfortable with him than any of the strangers (probably because the alcohol she chugged relaxed her enough to feel comfortable and loose with Tom), but Tom shifted and turned her body to face the other winners. They were very much like brother and sister and the more time passed between them he more apparent it became. Daisy huffed in frustration. Maybe the alcohol really was having an effect of her.

She looked at the other winners. "You are both very pretty." She said softly. She just wanted this night to be over. Her stomach felt nauseous and she just wanted to go back to their suite and curl into bed with a wastebasket op ext to the edge by her head in case she woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. Daisy sighed... This would be a long night, hopefully shed survive it.

"I love seeing so much variety on this cruise! Perhaps we can talk more after dinner? I'd love to get to know you all a bit better. " Tom was excited. He had so much he wanted to share. He loved social events like these ones, as he was such an outgoing person. He secretly hoped he'd be asked to dance, or he'd get a chance to share another celebrity impersonation or maybe he could even meet up with the other winners after dinner and do something silly with his head torch he'd brought. So many possibilities and it made Tom so excited.

He'd get Daisy involved too. This trip would be a learning experience for her, but that didn't mean it had to be traumatizing!

Last edited by Kory; 05-17-2015 at 03:33 PM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM

Astoria listened to the introductions with a grin on her face. It was pretty weird, actually. The other winners were older than her but it seemed like they were even more nervous than she was. She did her best to smile at them, hoping to get them both at ease.

Tom seemed to be trying to get his companion to introduce herself. Astoria had to control herself to keep from frowning at that. Her dad did that to her too, at his office parties. She smiled as she said her name was Daisy.

"Nice to meet you too, Daisy. You too, Brid, Takahiro," she gave them her best grin. They were all so nice. Daisy seemed to be having some serious people issues. It was cute, the way Tom and Daisy were so like a sibling pair. Astoria was starting to miss Fred, her own brother.

She heard Daisy say softly that she thought Astoria and Brid were both very pretty. The compliment made her blush a bit. But she smiled at her. "I think you're really pretty, too," she said. "Both of you."

Felix was having fun already. He smiled at Tom. "Sure, why not?" he said, excitedly. "It would be fun to get out and do stuff together. The more, the merrier." He was very cheerful. He noticed Astoria looking at him, obviously wondering at his excitement.

"What, you don't like the idea?" he asked. Astoria wanted to glare at him, but didn't feel up to it, in front of everyone.

"I never said that, Felix," she said, in a low, vindictive voice.

"You can talk a little louder, you know. Nobody's gonna kill you for it."

"You're asking for another punch on the shoulder, Felix."

"Am I, now?"

"Yes you are."

Astoria was getting increasingly uncomfortable, fighting like that with everyone else watching. She really wanted to deck Felix for being such an idiot. He didn't seem uncomfortable in the least, however. She dipped her head and looked at the floor, embarrassed.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-03-2015, 02:55 AM

"I think that is a great idea," Takahiro said in response to Tom's question. "Plus I think everyone will be a lot more at ease in a more casual setting."

Before anyone could say anything Captain Taylor, his first mate and two other of his top staff. As soon as the captain introduced everyone and took his seat, a waiter appeared with complimentary wine or champagne. Brid and Takahiro each took a glass of wine and Brid took a sip, hoping the alcohol would calm her nerves.

Now that the Captain and his crew was here, her nerves doubled. She knew that her face was wearing its usually mask of aloofness, hiding the turmoil underneath. Oh how she wished she was back at the ranch, laughing and joking with all the ranch hands.

Takahiro's hand returned to its place on her knee, but that was the only outward acknowledgement he made of her inner total. Another waiter appeared with menus, passing them out to each person at the table, before disappearing again. Brid took another sip of wine, opened her menu and nearly choked on the wine. At the sight of the prices she was so glad that this was included in the winner's package.

She looked at the menu wishing for something familiar like chicken-fried steak. Brid loved chicken-fried steak, and Mami at the ranch made the best chicken-fried steak, shoot she made the best fried chicken too. Finally she decided on salad and Atlantic salmon. Takahiro ordered the same but he ordered with a confidence that spoke of familiarity and she realized that this probably wasn't the first time he had dined somewhere fancy.

(Sorry its a short one guys. Work has been crazy brutal the last two days. I am exhausted.)

Kory

Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 PM

Daisy just stared... maybe even glared a little at Tom as he seemed to be bursting with excitement as he ordered. Granted, he was still very professional and still cordial with the other guests at the table, but Daisy knew enough about Tom Hiddleston to tell when he was very excited... Her gauge was that he ordered tea. TEA! He could have had all the wine he wanted, all the champagne and yet he ordered tea. Daisy remembered hearing him explain how when he was asked to do the role for The Avengers, he stated he got so excited he had to make himself a cuppa.

This man was beyond weird. Daisy should have known, but people are always so unique and different when you see them through the eyes of a camera. In person, Tom was still creative and unique... It was just... different to experience the uniqueness first hand. Daisy watched as Tom ordered with ease, all he did was glance at the menu for a couple of seconds and he immediately knew what he wanted: Lobster.

Of course... He'd want something fancy, right? Daisy ordered the same. This seemed to be the theme of today, ordering the same thing as Tom Hiddleston. Daisy was a little surprised that he didn't really touch the champagne at first. Daisy sighed and reached out to grab her own glass of wine, but, surely enough, she soon felt the weight of Tom's hand laying on top of hers. He looked her in the eye, communicating perfectly that he felt she'd had enough alcohol for today. Though, Daisy wanted to fight him on it.

"I'm sorry, Tom, was this one yours?" Daisy said sarcastically. Tom sighed, if it wasn't obvious by now the alcohol was definitely starting to effect Daisy. Guess it just took a while to get into her system. It'd only been a few hours since she last chugged, what... six Coronas in a row? Daisy wasn't normally so bold... At least, Tom didn't think she was.

He leaned in and whispered into her ear, hoping not to cause a scene in front of the other winners and respectfully not in front of the captain, "Daisy, I'm telling you this as a friend, I think you've had a good amount to drink today. I wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself in front of such nice company..."

He leaned back and smiled at the others, trying his best to save face. Tom was relieved when he felt Daisy's hand slowly slip out from underneath his. He smiled again. Alright... Daisy understood. Good. Now they could all get on with this beautiful dinner and...

Tom's thoughts stopped as he glanced over and noticed Daisy had a glass of wine in her hand and she was drinking with a smug look on her face. Tom wondered where the glass had come from. He still had his hand floating over her glass. Unless... Yeah. Of course. Daisy had grabbed his glass while he wasn't looking. Ohh, Daisy. She thought she was so clever.

Tom stared at her sternly and whispered again, "Daisy, I really, really think you've had enough to drink. Please, can you put down the glass? I'm only trying to help you."

Daisy didn't want help. If she was going down the highway to hell, she knew it was paved with good intentions and she was ready to take the plunge into the flames. If this was how Daisy would go out, she was going with a bang! But of course, those thoughts were of the alcohol, not of herself. She hadn't realized how much she drank. Truth be told, her head was buzzing a little and she did feel nauseous. She took another sip and slowly set the glass down, snarling at Tom.

"I-I do what I want, T-Tom." She whispered back. Then, like a little child, she folded her arms across her chest and pouted. She noticed the way Tom rubbed the back of his neck in nervousness. Was she embarrassing him?! How did he think she felt?! Being on a cruise with a ton of strangers, far out into the open waters, no familiarity, being anxious all the time, thinking it would be a decent experience... And, that it was. She wasn't having too tough a time, but still. It wasn't what she was expecting.

Tom gave a nervous chuckle and he gently patted Daisy's shoulder, he waited for everyone to finish ordering before he spoke,

"I'm sorry, Daisy is... a little off today. You'll have to excuse her behaviour tonight." He felt Daisy shift underneath his hand. This was going to be a long, long night for the both of them. Hopefully Daisy could keep herself under control long enough to make it through dinner. He'd hate to have to excuse the two of them because Daisy was throwing up, or was unconscious or too relaxed. It was an awful idea for Daisy to drink so much before dinner. Awful!

Last edited by Kory; 06-05-2015 at 02:17 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-09-2015, 12:01 PM

Okayyy.... This is starting to get a little weird... I have no idea what to do anymore. Felix is enjoying himself well enough, but what the heck am I supposed to do? Sit here and nod my head from time to time, while occasionally laughing at the occasional joke that gets cracked? Damn it, I want to go back to my room!

Astoria's thoughts were almost showing on her face. The slight frown of embarrassment was visible if someone looked closely enough. She simply let Felix order for the two of them again, deciding to trust his judgement. He ordered salmon and potatoes and some sodas to go with it, seeing how the ship's crew didn't serve alcohol to minors. Astoria was glad he didn't try ordering champagne again.

She raised an eyebrow slightly as she heard Tom order tea with his meal. Before she got to say anything, though, she heard Tom speak up for Daisy. Now that she looked closely enough, Astoria noticed that Daisy seemed a little... drunk. She briefly looked at Brid and Takahiro, wondering what to do. She really wanted to help Daisy.

Felix looked at Tom and smiled. "There's no need for that, Tom," he said. "We all have bad days." He turned to Daisy. "Will you be okay?" he asked.

His attention turned to Astoria, who had stood up. What was she getting up for?

"Felix, just give me a minute, okay?" she said and turned to Daisy and spoke to her in a low voice. "I actually need to go to the bathroom, but I don't know the way. So, um, if it's okay with you, could you show me?"

Felix almost narrowed his eyes. What was going on? Astoria knew exactly where the girls' room was. Why was she... ohh. He smiled as he understood what she was trying to do.

Astoria hoped Daisy would take the bait and come out with her. It wasn't like Astoria knew what to do when someone was drunk, but she figured some fresh air could help.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 12:43 AM

Brid had been noticing Daisy's behavior. She had seen enough drunk cowboys on the ranch to know what was going on. She was about to try something when Astoria jumped up and said something about needed to find the bathroom and asked Daisy to help her find it. Good, Brid thought. Let's get her out of her before she embarrasses herself. She will hate herself in the morning if she does.

"Why don't we all go three go," Brid said, putting down her napkin and preparing to rise. Takahiro threw her a questioning look, but she just squeezed his hand on her knee and whispered, "Its okay; I know what I am doing."

"A little female bonding time," she said to the guys with a smile, as she got to her feet. "Come on Daisy," she whispered firmly to the girl. "Let's get you out of hear before you do something you regret tomorrow when the alcohol has stopped talking."

She took Daisy's arm and helped her to her feet, making sure not to let her wobble. "Well be back," she said over her shoulder to the guys. "You know how girls are in." She hated playing the stereotypical girl card, but she was doing her best to help Daisy save face.

She looped her arm through one of Daisy's as if they were best friends and whispered to Astoria to do the same. "What ever she does, just keep her going until we get her outside," she whispered to Astoria.

Takahiro smiled to himself to see the bold and in-command Brid back; he hadn't seen her since they had started getting ready for dinner. He trusted Brid when she told him she knew what she was doing and he was glad to see her on comfortable ground again. He hoped that when she was sober, Daisy would be glad for Brid's actions. It would be nice to see Brid with some female friends.

"Take all the time you need Brid-chan," Takahiro said watching as the girls escorted Daisy casually out of the dinning room.

Kory

Old 06-13-2015, 02:04 AM

Tom couldn't say he wasn't thankful for Astoria and Brid taking Daisy to the restroom. He prayed that they'd be able to help Daisy while she was out of sorts. As Brid helped Daisy to her feet, Tom patted Daisy's back gently, "Feel better, Daisy." He didn't take his eyes from the three girls as they stood and began to leave the table, but after Tom was certain Daisy would be alright, he finally turned to Takahiro and Felix, as well as the other guests at the table to give a nervous smile.

There was no point in trying to cover up for Daisy's drunkenness, by now it had to be blatantly obvious that Daisy had too much to drink before arriving at dinner. He should have known, beer always takes a while to hit you before you actually get drunk from it. Poor Daisy was also probably pretty lightweight.

Our of habit he began to rub his neck, as he averted his gaze towards the table....

"I am so sorry. Daisy just gets very... anxious." He didn't want to talk about Daisy behind her back, so he did his best to keep it vague. He let out a long sigh.

"How has your day been going so far? Have either of you done anything fun with your winners?" It was really awkward for Tom. He felt the need to change the subject, as he didn't want to make things awkward for Daisy's return... Should she be well enough to come back to the dinner table. The thought of Daisy not returning made Tom groan in his mind. He loved social gatherings, but he was very, very concerned for Daisy's wellbeing.

As Brid took Daisy's arm, Daisy rose to her feet, stumbling a little bit as she took a step away from the table. She blinked,

"Y-yeah. I think..." She paused, "I think I need to use the bathroom too, Astoria. I think... I think I need to pee." Daisy couldn't figure out why she couldn't quite walk in a straight line. The floor seemed to be tilted and she tried her best to keep herself straight and aligned but her center of gravity was so off and she couldn't figure out why.

She found herself leaning into Brid as she walked away from the table. What was going on? Where did all of these people come from? Why was the bathroom soooo far away?! Who put the bathroom there? Idiots! Daisy tried really hard to control herself, but she felt so bad. As they were nearing the door, Daisy started to cry a little.

She sniffed and bit her bottom lip, trying to keep the whimpers from escaping. After a couple of minutes of silent tears she turned to Astoria,

"Tom Hiddlshen hates me." She cried. Then she turned to Brid, her tears getting a little louder, "He hates me because I'm sho stupid." She found out that the more she talked, the louder she got. "H-he doeshn't like me..." She started sobbing, still fighting to keep herself under control. Once they were out of the dining hall, Daisy started wailing.

Last edited by Kory; 06-13-2015 at 02:08 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Astoria was relieved when Brid also got up. The change in the woman was startling; she wasn't shy or nervous anymore, and seemed to be in total control. She nodded at Brid's instructions. "Got it," she said and linked her arm through Daisy's, the way Brid had done.

"Just give us a minute, okay?" she whispered to Felix and said a small "Excuse us," to Tom and Takahiro and walked with Brid and Daisy.

As Daisy began to cry, Astoria tried to soothe her. "It's okay," she said, in a calm voice. "There's no need to cry."

But Daisy got louder as they walked out of the dining hall, and once they were out, she began to cry loudly.

"Why do you think he doesn't like you, Daisy?" she asked, with a frown on her face. "Did he tell you personally that he thinks you're stupid? Come on, calm down, okay? I'm sure you won't be thinking like this when the alcohol's not affecting you anymore."

She looked briefly at Brid and tried walking faster, so they could get to the washroom as quickly as possible.

-------------------------------------------

Felix looked in the direction that Astoria and the ladies had taken, hoping that Daisy would be okay. He also hoped that they would be back soon.

"Oh, yes, Astoria and I had some fun today," Felix said brightly, replying to Tom's question. "We had breakfast and lunch together, bought a punching bag for her from the shopping complex and went to the arcade." He chuckled as he remembered how good she'd been at Street Fighter. She had actually beat him, and that was saying something.

"How about both of you?" he asked. "How was your day?"

In between the conversation, Felix couldn't help but steal a few glances at the door, through which Astoria had left along with the other winners.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 09:27 PM

As they passed an empty table on the way to the bathroom, Brid snagged an empty water glass knowing that the sooner they could start getting water in Daisy the faster they could fight the dehydrating affects of the alcohol. That would at least help some and it would definitely help when Daisy woke up in the morning.

Just as they reached the bathroom door, Daisy lost it and started sobbing about Tom Hiddleston hating her. "Girl that is just the alcohol talking," Brid said hurrying Daisy into the bathroom. She glanced quickly at Astoria, hoping she didn't sound like some cold, heartless chick. But she knew well the blues that came with alcohol; she had heard many a tough cowboy turning into a whining sissy when drunk as a skunk.

She leaned Daisy against the wall and Astoria and hurried to fill the glass with cool water. Handing the glass to Astoria, she commanded "Get her drinking." Before moving to grab a handful of paper towels. Wetting them down, she applied the damp paper towels to Daisy's forehead.

"Keep her drinking, I'll be right back," Brid commanded before hurrying out the bathroom door. She desperately hoped that Daisy and Astoria wouldn't think that she was some icy, mean chick but her mind was in business mode and usually when she was dealing with drunks, they were tough cowboys and not sweet, shy girls. She just didn't know how to be a "girl" and act around them.

She grabbed a passing waitress who was headed for the kitchen. "Hey my friend had a little too much to drink before dinner; nerves you know. Could I get a couple of bread sticks?" The waitress gave her an understanding and returned a moment later with the three bread sticks and Brid took them.

"Here, eat up," Brid said pushing them into Daisy's hand when she returned to the restroom. "It will help soak up the alcohol."

Takahiro watched Brid leave the dinning room with the other two girls. Once they were out of sight, he returned his attention to the guys before him. "Brid and I spent some time at the pool and then, I think you say, caught a movie," he said in answer to Tom's question. "What about you Tom?"

Kory

Old 06-14-2015, 11:22 PM

Brid and Astoria's words were almost making it to Daisy's brain... almost. Daisy was listening and trying to understand what they were saying and what was going on, she felt she knew what they were saying and she tried to respond, but the words kept getting stuck on her tongue and her sobs made it especially hard to form coherent words.

"... H-he hatesh me because I told him... To move the bed." She leaned against Astoria were Brid had helped her to lean against the wall and Daisy continued to sob. She wiped her face in a failing attempt to stop the tears, but they kept falling anyway. "I-I-I... I jush want.. ed moved. I-I mean... He'sh sho pretty." Daisy cried a little harder after that and couldn't make any clearer sentences.

When Brid put the damp paper towels on Daisy's forehead she weakly tried to swat her hand away at first, but Daisy was feeling very tired and uncoordinated, after a couple of weak, swats in midair, (which missed Brid's hand by a mile anyway) Daisy allowed her hand to drop to her side as she leaned back against the wall.

Her consciousness was fading in and out as she tried to keep herself together. She wasn't sure what was coming out of her mouth but she eventually ended up somehow talking about turkey. "... I-I should have ordered the churky." She sniffed. "T-Tom prolly loves ch-churky." Daisy rambled on and she no longer knew what was coming out of her mouth. It didn't even register in her mind anymore.

Daisy took the water from Astoria and drank it in little sips. She didn't realize just how thirsty she really was until the water started going down her throat. Daisy paused after a little while, rubbing her hand over her stomach nervously. Then she took a few more sips.

When Brid came back with bread sticks Daisy was famished, but something felt strange in her stomach and she wasn't sure if she should eat....

"I-I... I feel kind... kinda funny." Daisy continued to rub her stomach. She couldn't figure out how to describe the feeling of nausea. The words escaped her, but she wanted to explain that she felt nauseous. "Do you feel funny too, Brid?.... Ashhh...Ashtoria?"

Tom did his best to keep up a cheerful appearance. though, he was actually still very worried for Daisy. He trusted that Brid and Astoria were taking good care of her, however. He smiled at Felix and Takahiro.

"Daisy and I had an interesting day. We ate, spent some time walking and then went to see Paddington." Tom left out a lot of information. He didn't want to embarrass Daisy with talking about what actually happened during the course of their day.

Tom's smiled faded and his brow furrowed as his mind started to fill with thoughts. "God, I hope she's alright..." Tom thought aloud. He caught himself and perked up again, smiling and putting on his happy-go-lucky face.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-18-2015, 12:58 PM

Astoria nodded at Brid's instructions and gave the water to Daisy. She let Daisy talk for a while; it would maybe make her feel better... maybe. She was startled when she mentioned something about a bed, though. She couldn't help it when a small giggle escaped her. She wasn't being mean; Daisy sounded far too cute, talking like that.

She tilted her head and frowned at Daisy’s last sentence. “Don’t tell me…” she said and turned to Brid. “I think she… is going to throw up.”

She had watched way too many movies, not to know that people threw up after drinking.

--------------------------------------
Felix saw that Tom was worried about Daisy. He himself was wondering when Astoria would come back.

“Don’t worry about it, Tom,” he said, in an affable tone, but hoping he wasn’t sounding too insensitive. “Daisy is in good company, as far as I can tell.” He turned to Takahiro and smiled. “What do you say, Takahiro?”

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-19-2015, 10:36 PM

Brid nodded at Astoria's statement. "Let's get her over to one of the toliets in case she wants to throw up."

Brid had been expecting that this would probably happen. She had seen many a cowboy toss the contents of his stomach after too much drinking. She had a feeling that there was a pretty good chance that Daisy wouldn't feel like returning to dinner.

"Daisy do you just want to go back to your room?" She asked the girl gently.

Takahiro smiled at Felix's question. "I can not speak for Astoria, but Brid-chan is quite capable," he said. "I am sure if the ladies need our help, they will come looking for us."

He could tell that Tom was worried about his companion and he hoped that his words would help sooth the other man. He turned the conversation to movies and acting, hoping to get Tom's mind off of Daisy.