Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 PM

John and Percival other two squires, able, fit young men, crowded around him. With a collective grunt, they rolled the older man onto his back. The two young men got to their feet while John pulled off Percival's helmet. John was the only one on the field making any noise. One sentence rang out, though, which caused laughter from the two other squires. It was "HE'S BREATHING! HE'S BREATHING!" And with the combined effort of the three, they hauled Percival to his feet. John gave a wave and it seemed like the whole arena breathed a collective sigh of relief. Percival was alive, but obviously not walking on his own. As they passed Sir Arthur, the three squires bowed their heads respectfully and mumbled hollow wishes of luck. Percival was quiet, however. His eyes were clouded with confusion as they carried him out of the arena.

Rosie was just as on edge as Azara, only her little hands weren't quite as destructive. Once Percival was up, Rosie took off. Without thinking, Rosie ran out of the box and down the stairs. She wanted to get to her father as soon as possible.

Naerwen's hands had jumped to her mouth and the only time they left is when Rosie took off. She gasped and stood quickly, making to go after the child.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 PM

When Percival's squires said he was breathing she let out a sigh of relief. Then she noticed Rosie take off out of the box. Rushing to her feet she took off after the girl. "Rosie!" She called out as she ran. She made sure she was running like a human since there were so many spectators. There were horses out there and that made her nervous for Rosie's safety. She could easily be crushed by them.

Striker stood when Azara rushed after Rosie about to follow before he realized there was nothing he could really do. He sat back down and watched intently. If she was to come to harm he would be there in seconds. "Well this is interesting," he said to Ciarda.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 PM

The crowds that surrounded the arena swallowed Rosie the moment she got out of the box. She had no idea where she was and no idea where she was going. She just weaved between the legs of the adults she passed. She hoped to see John or Percival's familiar frames, but all she saw were strangers.

Percival had been taken to a doctor immediately. Doctors treated this like the best opportunity of the year to make money. There were several doctors set up outside the arena and John had rushed Percival to the nearest one. He sat on the table and let the doctor examine him.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 AM

Beginning to get scared Azara started yelling Rosie's name over and over. "Rosie! Rosie where are you? Rosie!" She kept asking if anyone had seen a little girl with pink hair and eyes but no one would listen to her. "Rosie!" She was really starting to get afraid. The crowd was think and she had to push her way through people.

((I'm gonna wait for Amani to post before I post for Striker))

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Percival, having heard Azara's calls, mumbled incoherently to John. When he wasn't getting anywhere, he slid slowly off the table. He took over holding the rag on the small wound on the back of his head and pinched his eyes shut. He stumbled forward and called out, despite the pounding in his head, "Azara?! Is that you?!"

Last edited by Squidie64; 02-20-2011 at 11:46 PM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 AM

Hearing Percival call out her name Azara spun around and rushed over to him quickly. "Percival! What are you doing standing up?" She couldn't help but scold him then she lost all her spark and sagged. "I can't find Rosie. She took off when you got hurt and I ran after her but I lost her in the crowd. I can't find her.." Her voice cracked and she got tears in her eyes. She felt horrible with herself, he had trusted her to take care of Rosie and she lost her. Azara wasn't going to be surprised if he hated her.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 AM

He waved her off when he asked why he was up, "I'm fine, I'm fine." When she said that Rosie was gone, it was as if someone stuck a smelling salt under his nose. He sighed lightly and rubbed his face, "Okay. ..Alright, just relax. We'll find her. Let's start slow and head back toward the camp. She knows to go there if she cannot find me." John and his other squires hurried back and collected his things.

Naerwen went to aid them. It was the least she could do. When she arrived to get Percival's equipment, she paused. She watched Sir Arthur while he prepared to compete. She tried to think if she had seen him before, but she couldn't remember.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-19-2011, 07:11 AM

Nodding Azara stepped closer to Percival and gripped his arm lightly. "I'll help you, I know you must be dizzy from that knock on your head." She paused the looked up into his eye's. "I'm so sorry.." She really hoped Rosie made her way to Percival's camp without harm.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Percival smiled when she took his arm and thanked her for the help. He sighed lightly, "I know you are. This was not your fault, it was an accident. We'll find her." He walked slowly along, still holding the rag. He'd check it, then fold it to show a clean piece of cloth and press it gingerly back to his head, "I have been meaning to put new padding in my helmet. ..I suppose I should have done it sooner, eh?"

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Arthur and his mount moved to the starting position where Arthur thrust his standard deep into the ground and readied the large, thick branch he was using as a lance. He noticed a few nervous chuckled from people in the crowd at his cheap, makeshift lance, though for the most part, the crowd seemed to feel uneasy seeing Arthur with his black armor and almost demon-like helmet. Arthur smiled under the helmet, completely content with the fact that they feared him. He looked across at the knight who had just defeated Percival, who seemed pretty sure of himself as he readied himself. Arthur scoffed, thinking, "If he had any idea who I was, he'd be soiling himself from fear!" The flag was waved and his opponent's horse jumped forward as he began closing the distance, but Arthur waited a few seconds, some would say crucial seconds, to pat his black horse and whisper, "Let's ride, Midnight." Those with keen eyesight who happened to be paying attention may have noticed the horse's eyes, for a brief moment, flashed red as it sped forward, quickly making up for lost time as it moved at an almost impossible speed, closing the distance and, in the crucial moment, Arthur's opponent moved his lance into position, but with a deft twist of his body, Arthur positioned his shield to block it by deflecting it upward, and at the same time position his lance to make full contact with his opponent's helmeted face. Though the audience was too far away, Arthur could hear the wet crunch as the helmet caved in deeply during the slowed down seconds of impact, the lance refusing to break for as long as possible, before exploding in an explosion of splinters. Both mounts sped past as Arthur's opponent was sent flying off before landing face down. Arthur did a brief victory lap as the audience began to applaud, until they stopped and began crying out in shock as a pool of blood began pooling around the other knight's head as he lay still as the grave.

LucianLuna
The rebelious Vampire
Send a message via AIM to LucianLuna Send a message via MSN to LucianLuna Send a message via Yahoo to LucianLuna

Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Jonathan had been watching the match as well, turning to see the response of the crowd to the fall of the night on the field. He then turned back to watch the night's squires run out to him to make sure he was ok. He was used to seeing things like this, knew that this was the life of a knight. the life he would be in soon if he could find someone to train him.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Azara nodded her head and sighed. "Yes, yes we will." She watched him find a clean part of the rag and press it to his head once more. She laughed once as he spoke again. "Yes I think it would probably have been best to do that." She turned her head to look at him and gave him a small smile. Azara had been so worried when he had gotten hit, now she was just happy he was ok.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Percival smiled down at her as they walked along. He looked through the crowd, attempting to spot Rosie. He wanted to panic, as any parent would. He was doing everything in his power to remain calm, but his tense muscles and his sharp sighs said otherwise.

Naerwen, whom had been watching the match, froze when she saw the bloodshed. She knew accidents happened on the field, but it wasn't a regular thing for a man to die. When she finally pulled her jaw off the ground, she turned and started to head away from the arena.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 PM

Azara stayed silent as they walked. Her eyes constantly roamed around them as she searched for Rosie. She made sure she looked everywhere and that they walked slow. Hopefully Rosie was back at the camp and safe.

----------

((brain dead..sorry! lol))

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 02-20-2011, 01:55 AM

Ciarda had tensed at first when Striker had held her hand but slowly relaxed with a bright smile as she watched the match and Rosie's choice of dinner that night. She'd have to remember to pull out something really special in the sweet department for Rosie, Azara, and Striker of course. Eyes glanced over to him and she blushed faintly, somewhat surprised someone as handsome as him actually liked her in anyway.
Her gaze turned back to the match where she saw the Lord Percival get knocked off his horse. Gasping loudly in shock, she jumped out of her chair a second after Azara did but she stayed in place. Watching as Striker seemed to calm the other woman, Ciarda relaxed slightly, giving a nod in agreement with Striker's observation until she saw a tiny form dart out of the balcony area with Azara quickly on the chase after the little princess. Ciarda stood still only a few seconds looking around, seemingly waiting for the crowds to clear a little before she herself went to find the child. Having waited long enough in her opinion, she descended down the stairs with a hurried bounce and glanced everywhere she went, paying special attention to the tiny holes or corners that a child could easily fit into to hide. A tiny part of her had felt bad for not saying a thing to Striker, especially since she had run off in the middle of a large crowd, but she just had to find Rosie.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-20-2011, 03:26 AM

When they reached his campsite, he felt the stress begin to lift from his shoulders. Though when he realized that Rosie wasn't there, the stress returned. He sighed heavily and dropped his arm that held the cloth to his head. "Where the hell could she be?"

Naerwen and Percival's squires came back soon after with his equipment. Naerwen set the things she was carrying down and walked over to Azara and Percival, "You haven't found her?"

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Astonished that Ciarda had just run off Striker was frozen for a second, before moving. That second had been to long of a pause. Letting out a curse he realized that he lost her in the crowd which had grown very think. Great! he thought to himself, I lost Ciarda and Azara ran off to find the missing Rosie. What a great guardian I am. If anything happens to any of them.. He was starting to beat himself up as he ran through the crowd trying to find Ciarda. He knew Azara was the most capable to get out of danger. Weaving through the crowds he yelled Ciarda's name.

When they got to the camp and there was no Rosie in sight Azara couldn't help but feel even more awful. Then when Naerwen came up and asked if they had found her she sighed and shook her head. "No..she's not here." The hand that was wrapped around Percival's dropped down to his hand to grab it. She wanted to do something to comfort Percival. Hopefully he didn't mind her holding his hand. "Should we go looking for her? Someone can wait here in case she shows up?" She had to do something to find her.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Percival sighed heavily and gently squeezed her hand. "Perhaps she's in the market. She loves food, so maybe she's not far from it." He was starting to lose his cool and it was showing. He had never truly lost her before and he didn't want to start now. And having never lost her, he had no idea how to truly handle the situation. He gently began to guide Azara toward the market.

Naerwen was quick to follow. An extra pair of eyes certainly wouldn't hurt.

Despite the dense crowd, he picked his target out quite quickly. After jamming two fingers into his mouth and sounding a sharp whistle, Roderick called out, "Oi! Striker!"

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Nodding Azara followed silently after Percival. She was glad Naerwen was going with. Three set's of eyes were better than just two. "What's her favorite food? We should start there." Azara had a feeling that Rosie would go to the food she loved the most. That was what she would have done.

With his keen hearing Striker heard the whistle and Roderick calling his name perfectly. Turning around he spotted the man and walked over to him. "My Lord?" He gave the man a very small bow and then stood up straight. He was very curious why Roderick of all people called him over.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Percvial started to respond, but paused. "I...don't know. ..She's never really said. ..But I know for sure that she has a mighty sweet tooth. Let's go to the nearest bakery." He felt a little stupid in not knowing her favorite food, but it would be the first thing he asked Rosie when she found her. ...Or rather, one of the first. The first would, of course, be 'What were you thinking?'

When Striker approached, he would notice that Roderick was holding a bread bowl, filled to the brim with some sort of soup. He jerked his head behind him, indicating that he wanted Striker to follow. Roderick walked over to a couple of barrels sitting outside a tavern. Rosie was perched on top of one. "Looking for something?"

Rosie seemed generally okay. She looked a little upset and disheveled. Her eyes were a bit puffy and red, like she had been crying. She sniffled a little, but as soon as Roderick came back, he gave her another bite of soup.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 AM

Azara started to follow Percival to the bakery. "Yes she sure does have a sweet tooth," she said softly. Why hadn't she thought about that? It was a stupid question to ask. "Will find her. I know we will," she had to say it out loud, it helped.

Curious Striker followed after Roderick, a hand on the sword at his side. He had noticed the bread bowl with soup in his hand when he first saw him. Striker thought it was his dinner but then when he asked him if he was looking something and motioned to the barrels he saw Rosie. Roderick was giving her a bite of the soup as Striker rushed to her side. "Rosie! Everyone is looking for you, are you alright?" He made sure to keep his voice calm and soft, so he didn't upset her. He could tell she had been crying and he didn't want to make her again.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Percival pulled his hand out of Azara's, but only so he could wrap it around her shoulders. It was half a loving gesture and half to keep himself up right. He was still slightly disoriented. As they moved through the market, he could hear people speaking of the ill fate of a knight in the arena. He, at first, thought they were talking about themselves, but he soon figured they weren't. He shot a glance at Azara, "It seems whomever competed after myself made quite a stir."

Rosie nodded lightly. She rubbed her eyes and sniffled. She accepted another bite from Roderick and managed to steal a bite of bread.

"I stepped in when I saw a drunk old man screaming at her. ..Couldn't let it continue." At his statement, one might think 'It is now snowing in Hell.'

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Stepping into Percival's embrace she wrapped her arm around his waist. She liked walking like that and she could tell he was still slightly dizzy. She to listened to the conversations around them. There usually wasn't a fatal match, this one was weird. "Yes, yes he did. It's a bit odd matches aren't usually fatal." She replied back to Percival.

Striker was astonished, so much in fact he didn't know what to say to Roderick. After a few quick seconds he mentally shook himself. "Well Lord Roderick I am very happy you did. I know Lord Percival will also be very happy and grateful." He didn't understand the man at all but he was thankful. He turned back to Rosie with a soft smile. "Rosie? Do you want me to bring you back to your Papa?" He could tell that she was hungry, by the way she was eating the soup Roderick was giving her.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 PM

She cursed softly as the crowd thickened again, buffeting her small body away from the match arena. It was not as she had planned at all, and she had upset Striker, she could tell that much from how he had been calling her name. Pushed up against the wall of a nearby building she breathed deeply as her mind whirled with possibilities that could have befallen little Rosie. Closing her eyes to calm herself she glanced at the awning, her lips stretching to a grin as she formed an idea. Ciarda threw the basket over the awning to land on the roof, following the basket as she climbed the wooden post. Standing on the roof of one floor of the building, which she found to be an inn of some sort, she made a running dash for the next roof, then the one after that.

Panting, she paused at one roof to get her bearings when she spotted Striker, with another male and little Rosie. The only problem of getting to them was she was at the top roof of one building, which had three floors and only one side of the building had awnings for the other floors, and the next building was a small one floor building. Leaning against the ledge, not really noticing the way the sun hit her silver bands to reflect in their direction, she whistled a tune that played when she had danced last night, hoping Striker would recognize it.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM

Percival shook his head lightly, "The tragic side of being a Knight, I suppose." He sighed lightly and gripped her shoulder gently when he swayed a little. He pinched his eyes shut, then bravely pressed on, "Come. The bakery is in sight. ..I think." His last comment was uttered under his breath. Truthfully, things were still a bit blurry.

Rosie managed to get Roderick to part with another chunk of the bowl. She nibbled it while she two men spoke, then nodded to Striker as she jammed the piece of bread in her mouth. She reached her arms out to him, her tiny fingers wriggling.

"I'll follow behind. If I show up, Percival may actually believe you when you tell him that I took care of his...child. ...That or he will assume I kidnapped her and break my nose." It seemed he had to force the word child out. The word 'grub' was the most natural for him when describing small children. But even if Rosie was a grub, he honestly couldn't leave in good conscience without making sure that she wasn't alone. There were plenty of sick people out there and thinking such things even made him cringe.