Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM

This is the OOC thread if you are interested in joining. ^.^

http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=34110

The Background:

This roll play is based on the Russian fairy tale called The Silvershod; and also Watership Down by Richard Adams (a favorite book ^.^), and Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies (which I have yet to read 0.0), and such novels - like the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.

The Silvershod is a magical stag that has silver hooves. With these silver hooves he can spark jewels from the rocks when he strikes them.

I've added a short version of the story further down the thread if you are interested.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 PM

The Setting:

The setting will be the Northern forest where the Silvershod lives.

It has many kinds of coniferous (evergreen), and deciduous (leaf dropping) trees growing in it mixed together. Several large rivers and lakes water this country.

Many different kinds of animals live in this great forest along with the Silvershod.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM

The Plot:

[So far:] Coleane the robber girl will be hunting the forest in search of the Silvershod and his jewels. She is determined to find them even if she has to destroy the forest to get them.

On her travels through the forest, she meets Quillo the water nymph [maybe]. Quillo is helping Silvershod Kostya, as is Zash, the Silvershod's spy.

We will think of something more before we start, or as we go along.

It will depend on what kind of characters people want to play.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:21 PM

The Roll Openings:

I have openings for any kind of animal you would like to play, even mythical ones or shape changers. I am even accepting antagonist characters.

I am going to play The Silvershod, King of the Forest. He is a large, white Irish Elk stag with silver hooves.

The cover of the novel Hunter of the Light by Risa Aratyr has a picture I would like to use, but the link would stretch the page.

PS: I found out how to make text a link. I linked the picture to the description I have of the stag in my character profile below.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 PM

Da Rules:

TOS -- obviously.

This will be a mostly literate roll play, so:

- no text talk, please
- use third person
- try to make a three sentence post please
- use (OOC) or something if you have a comment at the end of a post
- please be active ^.^ - let us know when we might hear from you if it will be a while

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 PM

The Paperwork:

Tell us about your character--

Name:

Species:

Gender/General Age:

Other Description?:

Personality:

Skills/Abilities?:

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 PM

The Players and Their Characters:

Player: Angel Spirit Girl
Character: Silvershod Kostya
Species: Irish Elk
Gender/General Age: Adult male
Other Description?: White pelt and silver hooves
Personality:
- He is protective of the animals he leads and the forest that they live in.
- He wishes to be remembered as a wise, fair , and kind ruler.
Skills/Abilities?:
- Can strike gems from the ground with his hooves. This is the mark of office of the Silvershod.

Player: Zetina
Character: Zash
Species: Long eared Cat
Description: His rough looks
Gender/Age: Male / unknown
Personality:
- Immature, Stubborn, and pretends to be dim-witted.
- He keeps his past a secret and just lives for the day.
Skills/Abilities:
- Agile.
- Lie detector: when you make eye-contact with him, he can see what lies you've made.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 PM

The Inspiration:

Silvershod - a Russian fairy tale found in

The Golden Book of Fairy Tales - published by

Golden Books Publishing Co. Inc.

A version retold from there by me:

Once upon a time, an old man named Vania decided to adopt a child because he was all alone. A neighbor couple had died. Now while the older children had gone off to live on their own, the youngest girl was still to young to do so. Her name was Dara. So it was that Vania adopted Dara.

Now Vania was a hunter, so when the winter came he moved to his hunting cabin in the forest. Dara and her cat Moura came, too. Before long, Vania had gotten a great stock of dear hides and meat. He then went into town to get a horse and cart to take these wears to market in. However, Dara and Moura stayed behind in the hut in the forest.

One evening a few days later, Dara could not find Moura. She went out into the woods looking for her missing cat. What should she find but Moura playing tag with the stag with the magic sliver hoof Vania had told her of? The stag jumped up on the roof of the hut and struck sparks with his silver hoof. The sparks became sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and diamonds.

Just then, Vania returned. The stag and the cat ran off into the dark. Vania filled his hat with jewels, and then he and Dara went inside to bed. The next day when they went to go see the rest of the jewels in the daylight, they found none. Vania and Dara then lived happily ever after on the worth of the jewels in the hat.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM

More Player Characters:

Player: Eserel
Character: Quilo
Species: Water Nymph
Gender/General Age: Female / Thousands of years old
Description:
- Her appearance is that of a seven year old child.
- Her skin is watery and amorphous.
- Her hair is leafy like exotic plants.
- Her face is featureless except for her empty eyes.
Personality:
- Knowledgeable, brilliant, and cunning.
- She loves to play mind games on unsuspecting victims.
- She has a child's cruel sense of humor.
Skills/Abilities:
- Small magics: ie:
- - Controlling water.
- - Transforming into things with water inside them.

Player: Eserel
Character: Coleane
Species: Human
Gender/General Age: Female / 27 years old
Description:
- She has long brown hair that she wears tied up.
- She has freckles, pierced ears, and smokes.
- She wears high lace-up boots, a vest, and a skirt over top of short britches
Personality:
- She has a huge sense of pride and is quickly angered.
- She has a bad sense of direction and is easily confused.
- She enjoys fighting and is always ready to crack an insult to disturb the peace.
Skills/Abilities:
- Good swordsmanship
- Excellent aim with bow and matchlock firearms

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 PM

Additional Players And Their Characters:

Player: Enamor
Character: Kseniya
Species: Rusalka
Gender/General Age: Female / 113 years old
Other Description?: Golden hair and a smile to kill
Personality:
- Usually light-hearted, curious, and fascinated by other people and their cultures.
- Not exceptionally manipulative, but knows how to be so.
- A bit short tempered.
- Will choose those who get on her bad side to drown in her river.
Skills/Abilities:
- Luring -- Her voice and beauty are enough to draw humans to the water's edge.
- She has gills and a fish's tail when in the water.
- When out of the water she has no gills and human legs.

Player: Crystal_Wings 6
Character: Snow
Species: White Rabbit / (Enchanted) Human
Gender/General Age: Female /
Other Description?: She is a girl that has been turned into a white rabbit by a spell.
Personality:
- Is seeking a way to return to human form.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Reserved

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Reserved

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Reserved

OK. That should be enough. ^.^ I'm ready to accept people.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-08-2007, 11:24 PM

The Legend Of The Silvershod

In among the thick pine groves and windswept meadows of the Northern Forest roamed a magic stag they said. It stood as tall as a man was high with a pure white pelt and blue eyes. It's hooves were pure, solid silver they claimed, and with them he could strike heaps of gems from the rocks in the hills. Could such an animal be tamed or killed?

Many people had combed the forest in search of the fabulous stag. All to no avail. Some never returned. A few who did make it back told outlandish tales of seeing the beast. Some claimed that he was immortal. Some claimed that he was a ghost. Some even said that he could fly or breathe fire.

They said he a hoard of jewels that the Tzar's palace would be small to hold. They said these gems were the work of gnomes or dwarves. They said the hoard was guarded by an army of trolls.

Many were the tales and rumors that the humans had about the stag. None of them were true because the humans had not talked to the stag himself. They would have been amazed by the truth if they had.

That is, as if animals could talk to humans ...

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 12-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Slurred voices, giggles, and snorts were heard in the night of the café.

"That is so FAKE and totally not real!" A girl called as she stood up. She had just heard the tale told by an old man. [See above post]

"For one," her hand swayed as she tried to stand erect. "Why would you want to kill a beast when it could make you rich? You babbling dolt don't understand how to get some good money."

Her last word was stressed and she rubbed her hands together to show her emphasis and her obvious greed.

"And two," This time she stumbled backwards a bit. "How do you not find a STAG. I mean, such a big and bostorous creature must be obvious to find. AND IT IS WHITE. How much more could it stand out?"

She had to sit down now, for standing was too much of an effort. "Four, if it strike gems wherever it steps! Wouldn't you just follow said trail?"

"OY! You forgot three!" Another man slurred.

"Did not!" she yelled back.

"Did too!"

"Well you just think of number three then, you blubbery old man!"

"OY! What did you just call me? I own this place you know. I could have you kicked out of here!" He wasn't as drunk as the others for said reason.

"What? You believe this crap story?"

"Yes, I do!"

"Sounds like a bunch of whale blubber to me!" she called back at him, tying in another insult. Some how the rest of the drunken sailors and men had caught her joke and they all laughed.

His face turned red and he clenched his fists, "Seems to me, you are the only one that doesn't believe this tale! How about this, You survive a search of one whole month, in that forest. And I will let you back in my bar!"

"A challenge! Do I get free beer when I return?" she replied with a laugh.

"Sure, why not! But I will have five men accompany you! Just to prove that you did not just sit on your bum that entire time!"

"Fine! Free beer for me!" she called as she stumbled and swayed out of the pub.

"OY! You five, follow her!" the café owner called out to a table of men. They followed orders like a pet dog and went.

[[I wanted to post this as if a drunk person was speaking it (i.e. number = numba), But I don't think anyone would have been able to understand it. XD]]

zetina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 PM

The creamy brown and slim creature layed on a tree branch lazily. His bright cyan eyes glowed in the dark slightly and his muzzle opened to let out a long yawn. He could hear the usual songs and yells from the caffe. He had quite good hearing if it was quiet around him. Though he couldn't make out the words. The creature was too deep in the forest to do that.

Zash sighed and jumped down with ease. His paws always landed him safely and also got him up at nice heights. The wind ruffled the darker brown fur around his necks as he jumped. The feline-ish animal wiggled his long ears a bit clinging the little earrings in them to hear anything worthwile before he... Goes off somewhere.

Why must it all be so boring? Eat, sleep, eat, sleep... Not to mention other natural needs. Usually Zash didn't complain but it's been a while now. It's probably because the stag always kept everything in such good order that nothing exciting happened.

He sighed some more and then started to wonder through the forest randomly.

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Coleane stumbled and swayed this way and that. Left and right, backward and forward. The men surrounding her were doing said action similarly, but not as dramatically.

"OY! When do we get the free beer?" she slurred and waved her hands about.

"Ye gotta find the white stag first!" one of the men answered.

"I thought I had to survive a month in the forest?"

"Then why did you ask? Seems like you knew already!"

"Just checking to see if you were paying attention," she giggled. She fingered her belt with knife and gun in it. "Just like I was checkin to see if I had me supplies!"

The forest wasn't far from the town or the café. They were almost there.

"OY! Whut about the monsters that lurk in the dark?" another man questioned.

"Are you scared of the dark?" she laughed at him and wiggled her fingers up in the air. "Its gonna get you!"

"He has a point you know! We got a lantern, but we need it to survive a whole month! Lets get some rest."

It was amazing how much awake the drunken men were. Usually said people couldn't even count to to. They must have known this was important and tried their hardest to pay attention.

"Fine!" she said as she crashed onto the field around them. She was immediately asleep.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Kostya the Silvershod, or Tzar Stag, of this forest stepped carefully through through the woods. His passing barely disturbed a leaf. This caution came from the fact that a town of humans lay downstream several days travel.

Kostya did not often come this close to the village, but he never let a portion of his domain go unpatrolled in some form. In any event, he had a meeting with one of his spy captains, Zash, to get to.

The mysterious Zash had quickly been promoted by the Silvershod because of the creature's ability to appear to be a number of different small, furry creatures. Zash could wander in the town allies appearing to be a cat, or run through the forest thickets with the hunting dogs thinking he was a fox. Plus, Zash understood what humans said to each other.

Silvershod Kostya made good use of such skill and loyalty. It little mattered to the stag that Zash never spoke of his past. Keeping humans from slaughtering his people concerned Kostya more than any accusation of being an escaped crone's pet.

Wolves only killed for food, but some humans showed no such restraint. One lone hunter or woodsman acted in accord with the forest in the manner of the wolves. The problem came from grand hunting parties tramping through and killing everything they saw from foxes, to songbirds, to Kostya's own fellow deer.

Then there were the treasure hungry fools. They came in search of the Silvershod, himself. How could these ones understand that the silver hooves were a mark of the stag who held the office of Tzar Stag? If the silver shod stag died or was defeated in contest of antlers, the shine faded and appeared on another stag.

And as for the gems they lusted after, the Silvershod must forcibly strike them from rock by strength and will. Most of the time the Silvershod allowed these jewels to dissolve, melting back into the ground and disappearing. Sometimes the only time a Silvershod struck jewels occurred during their affirmation ceremony.

Such things caused the importance of Zash's spying, and Kostya's current meeting with him.

Enamor
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2007, 08:25 PM

As her usual routine, Kseniya lay in her thin river. The naked-topped girl's hair flowed about, thankfully covering certain mor risquee spots. A long, green tail flicked lightly as she drifted across the surface. This was relaxing, especially because her sides were submerged and could breathe easily.

The river stretched through the forest, sheilded and covered by the tops of high trees. Leaves often fell to the river's surface, decorating the dark waters in flecks of green. Her ears were alert, always, for men who dare venture too close to her river. It was well known among the creatures whom dwell in this neck of the woods that this was her stream. Anything male that didn't belong to the forest was her's for the taking. She didn't often excercize it, but should she want, she could take them down with her.

And so, Kseniya stared at the threetops, wondering just what open sky looked like. She suspected it looked like the bits of sky she could see between the trees, except more of it. Lots of it. Had the Silvershod seen it? She'd seen him. It wasn't bad, since she too was a creature of the forest... or rather, the river in the forst. Still though, you'd figure a King Stag would know. Maybe she should ask him? To show her someday? Wait, could he talk? Would he understand? She'd never talked to him, only saw him in passing. Quick passing.

[OOC: Sucked...]

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-09-2007, 09:29 PM

[OOC: No, your post is fine, Enamor.]

Kostya paused a moment at the shallow stream to quench his thirst. Carefully scenting the wind first, he lowered his head to take a few mouthfulls of water. Only the foolish drank deep when they should be on th alert. A full belly made for slow prey, and slow predators, too.

He finished and shook the last drops of water off of his muzzle. Did he spy a fish disturbing the water out of the corner of his eye? Unfortunately, as much as he would have liked to stay and watch the fish jump as when he was a fawn, he had no time today.

He wanted Zash's latest information, and the sooner the better. Some even suggested that Kostya needed a more diligent spy than this furry feline.

zetina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 PM

ooc: I like how you made Zash the stag's spy :D

bic: His ears twitched again. Zash raised them and made himself look like a rabbit as he heard steps, voices... They were getting closer. And so he had to get up the trees again. He jumped by the branches as quietly as he could until the spy could hear the words spoken. It was much lighter from that direction as well. Humans, no doubt.

Looking for Kostya, ay? As soon as the voices quieted, Zash figured they've stopped for the night. He turned around quickly and went deeper into the forest. He didn't want to bring the stag near the humans.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 PM

Silvershod Kostya arrived at the sun dappled grove of fragrant cedar trees where he usually met Zash for his reports. No scent from other animals lingered in the air. Kostya gingerly helped himself to some raspberries while he waited for his spy.

Hopefully Zash would arrive soon. On more than one occasion the stag was left waiting longer than his patience could tolerate. At least he knew that no news counted as good news in Zash's reckoning. Kostya, on the other hand, wanted to know every small detail in order to anticipate the bad news.

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 AM

"Tasty berries?" a quiet but silky voice asked.

Quilo appeared out of the ground and slowly took form. She adjusted her hat and smiled. Small in size, but quite large in knowledge. This creature appeared quite happy at the sight of the mighty stag.

"Added a little something just for you! Bit of spring water and bee's honey. The bees were a tad mad, but when I mentioned your name, they were satisfied and buzzed away without any further questions. Raspberries are my favorite. I like nibbling on the seeds. But some people think I am cannibal for eating something of my own creation. But not all water comes for me! They need to loosen up!" she said the last line with great intensity and bended this way and that to show how 'loose' she was.

"Others say that I have a tendency to babble. But it's not my fault! It's only when I am nervous. Do you know why I am nervous? Well of course not! You don't know everything, but do you want to know? I mean I will tell you, but I don't want to dump everything out onto you and cause you great amounts of stress. But I just have to tell you!" her voice quickened, showing how much was on her mind and how stressed she was.

"Humans are coming to the forest! They are looking for you and the gems you make! Running is futile, for they will search every nook and cranny. Staying for a month they say, and just for some stupid alcoholic beverage! Beer! I wish my granny hadn't created that. I mean, I helped with the raspberries, but Gran got too carried away! It's addicting it is! And fuzzies the brain!" she said pointing to her head.

"So I just had to tell you! The forest would be ruined if you would have been caught! I'm so sorry for the horrid news, but one can not lie when it comes to things like this! I would know, my cousin has a habit of lying and tricking. He does it as a sport he does! Cruel being he is, he lies to get beautiful maidens in the water. Then he drowns them to force them to stay forever! But what good are they if they are dead? Foolish being he is!" Her voice had sharpened while she talked about the negatives of the situation.

She sighed. "I am babbling again, aren't I? I'm so sorry. But of course apologizing will not help said situation. And it is a good thing I am not like my cousin! He would have just lied about it and forgotten it had happened! Have I told you about him yet? He is such the trickster! Good thing I am not like him. The nerve of him bugs the entire clan, it does! Trouble maker and disturber of peace. I wish we could change him, but he is strong headed and lies about his doings."

Shaking her head again, "I need to stop! I am so sorry again. I can't help it. But enough about my cousin and me, what ever shall we do?"

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-11-2007, 05:21 AM

Kostya snorted in alarm on first hearing the voice. Having the sprite spring up silently out of a puddle of water that suddenly formed behind him startled him. He turned around to face the one addressing him.

As she continued to talk, the stag cocked his head to one side. He wuffeled her hair after she pointed to it, seeing if it smelled like anything interesting. Licking the raspberry seeds out of his teeth, He finally found a chance to speak.

"Why yes. They were excellent berries. Thank you very much," Kostya said. Now, a human might have thought that he only gave a snort, but the creatures of the forest understood the language of the forest when they heard it. "The famous Quillo, I presume? Now what was this about humans, and your granny, and your cousin, and your head hurting? I have news from the town that I am waiting on right now. I always want to know when humans enter the forest."

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 AM

Quilo giggled at the stag's interest in her hat.

"Quilo at your service yes! And did you really not get all that? I must have been babbling again. I really need to learn when to stop. I mean, if you didn't get it, and you are the almighty one, then how does everyone else get it? Ugh, I'm doing it again. Forget I even mentioned my family. Well except for my gran, she created those horrid beverages and that pertains of some sort. But I am pretty sure you can just listen to what I am saying while you are waiting!"

She took a deep breath and started over. "A long time ago, when my gran created beer and other sweet alcoholic beverages. She left her sister at the city pub to watch over it and help it so it satisfies its' customers. She heard and as well as the ocean, that people are coming for you! Humans! Seeking your gems and your powers! They are going to spend a month in the forest, searching for you! I dunno how they will get your power, because you will surely not cooperate with those fiends! Horrible humans always cut down my beautiful trees and burn them in the winter. It takes time and good skill to create those. Impatient humans they are! Why don't they offer a hand? Plant some seeds or something?"

Quilo covered her eyes, "I am babbling again. I'm so sorry. I am so worried and nervous for you and the forest! What ever shall we do? If you disappear, if they catch you, or worse which I will not speak of, the hidden chaos will emerge! Creatures would fight for power, and I cannot manage this forest by myself! If the forest cannot help themselves, how can they help the humans? If the humans find it not worthy, they will chop down the forest and build more homes! Then where will our home go? I mean, I can live in the ocean with my aunt. But Aunty doesn't really like visitors and has trouble with the polluting ships as is. I would only get in the way and am not as experienced with salt. It is very stubborn it is!"

Quilo started to melt back into the dirt. Her mind was so distracted from all the stress, she was forgetting about keeping herself whole. "EEEk! I'm melting again! Stop dissolving now!" she criticized herself.

"I'm so sorry. Not only is my mind wandering, but my body as well! See, that only proves I cannot hold up the entire forest if you disappear! So you must not be caught or captured! Or worse which I already said I will not speak of. Its because of those dreadful greedy humans! They can't just live in peace and leave us alone, they cannot! Always take, never give, or help me for that matter!"

She stamped her newly formed foot lightly on the ground in frustration. "I'm babbling again. Did you get it this time?"