Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 03-05-2008, 06:05 AM

So, I've written a story! :3 Well, not really, I dunno if I should continue it or not.
.___.; Tell me? <3

My main objective for this was to make it as emotional as possible, and to make the reader see the story happening from the main character's eyes.

Please tell me how I did!

-ahem-

"She Came and Was Gone by Spring"

I was sitting on my black sofa, staring at the picture framed in cold steel. It called forth memories of my childhood, of a certain someone. She was bright, but left me bitter and lonely.

I glanced up at a shadow passing by my dark window, and stood up so suddenly that I knocked over my chair. She could not be here, she had left me years ago without a reason or note. But that silhouette, that grace...it could be no one but her.

My door opened, and there she stood, clad in a soft white sundress, with a sunhat and sandals. Just the same. The same colors I saw her leave in.

She glided gracefully and ever so lightly towards me. Taking the picture out of my limp hand, she set it face-down on the table. She took my hand and led me out of my house, from the dark, cool interiors to the bright warm sunlight.

As wee were walking, I had a million thoughts running through my mind, a million thoughts threatening to spill out. But my most prominent thought was why. Why had she left? Why did she return? Why?

She led me down the path to the forest, her hand clasped around mine. She didn't say a word, but iI felt that her silence was more of determination. For what, to what, I had no idea.

I hardly noticed how far we'd walked until the air suddenly became cooler, the ground dappled with leaves and sunlight peeking between the branches of tress. The deeper we went, the trees seemed to grow further apart. The only sounds were the sounds of chirping birds and the crunching of our feet as we made our way through the green and brown giants. It was familiar, but in my muddled state I could not place my finger on it.

When she stopped, I stopped. I peered over her shoulder, and my eyes were wide with wonder and amazement.

This was the clearing that we played in, long ago. The place had not changed, but there were flowers, flowers of every shade of blue, white, and red. I saw butterflies, bees, and dragonflies, dancing in the air.

Fascinated, I bent down to touch one. I plucked on, and brought it to my eye level. The small delicate flower was beautiful, each petal with soft shades of blue and white.

With a start, I realized that these flowers did not belong here. These beautiful ,delicate blossoms were e not meant to live in a forest. They were meant to live in a garden, an open place where they may be admired.

I stood up, the flower clutched gently in my hand. I looked into her deep brown eyes, seeing nothing but sorrow. I saw her tear slide slowly down her cheek.

"Why?" I asked, my voice no louder than the softest whisper.

She glided toward me, with a small smile. Not the bright cheerful smile that I remembered and loved, but a little sad smile. She took my hand in her small delicate one, held it tight, then let go.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, a musical soft whisper that was carried on the breeze. She walked away, leaving me to stand by myself in the clearing of flowers. She came and was gone by spring.

The End

-bows-

I hope you enjoyed it, critique please!