The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 10-04-2009, 07:22 AM

Introduction

Greetings and Salutations, traveller of the interwebs. Welcome to my Quest thread!

If we are not already acquainted, it may be because I mainly post in the Charity forums, providing conversation material for new folks so they can achieve the number of posts needed to earn starter clothes or other donations. I have since branched out around various other areas of Mene, but the Charity threads still are the hub of my activity.

Ever since I have joined menewsha I have actively taken part in collecting the Monthly Collectibe Items (CI)s.

My dilligence was so nearly flawless that in the year 2009 I was only unable to aquire one item, in the year 2010 it was one set (two items).

However, I have increased real life stability and responsibities in 2011.

What about the Marketplace? you might ask. Well, since the introduction of the Marketplace system it appears that the prices of new CIs have essentially tripled, while the amount of gold you get from posting and the games has remained the same. Well, it is time for me to fill in those glaring holes and have a complete collection from the time of my joining.

I also have some older CIs as well, but those are expensive and/or rare so I'm not worrying about those just yet.

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Sixth Quest Initiated

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 10-04-2009, 07:24 AM

Sixth Formal Quest: 2009: All CIs from Joining until the year's end

Fifth Formal Quest: Dark Heart HaloX

I did, as usual, participate in the Menewshan Valentine's Day Event. However, real life kept me from posting as much as I normally would. I achieved two special 'catnip' items to my delight previously. However I purchased the bright halo, but as most everybody knows, unless I am in cosplay my avatar tends to be monochrome. The "special" item is the DARK HEART HALO, which is the item that was made for me, but somehow managed to slip through my fingers. :(

Fourth Formal Quest: To Regain Lost TreasuresX

It would probably not surprise any of you to hear that I have packrat tendancies, in real life, on my computer, and all over cyberspace. However, in order to attain my King's Crown from my Third Formal Quest... I had to let go. I had to let alot go actually, approximately 90% of my SNGs and EIs. This is my first multiple item quest, but I will strive to get a replacement for every item that I have lost. This will make me feel much better than saving my gold for a single, coveted item. I miss my choices. I miss my options. I miss the freedom of expression that I had thanks to all the multiple pose items. I might potentially create three different tier groups based on how much I used and how much I liked the given items. I have done the 'almost impossible'. Now I simply want to feel whole again.

Third Formal Quest: Royal Menewshan King's CrownX

Partially as a joke to my ego (yet I do have fangirls), I seem to have made a certain persona for myself here on menewsha. I am PREFECT ([SIC], I :heart: Flinky). I am also the High King of Creepiness in briannamal's Creeper Family. I think it is time, to start the gruelling, gruelling task of attemping to acquire a King's Crown. If I cannot pay pure, I will trade up to anything and everything in my inventory except the item which allows me my two blackbirds, Phobos and Deimos.

Second Formal Quest: Raven AnklewingsX

I have a few motifs going on with my avatar here on Menewsha. The first is the monochrome look with one accent colour. The second is I have rather adopted the personality and quirks of The Crow (RIP Brandon Lee) as someone who has a few screws loose and walks between the land of the living and the dead. This being said, I have a thing for blackbirds, Crows (Played by Ravens) in the movies. I even named my birds after Rei/Raye/Sailor Mars's blackbirds: Phobos and Deimos.

I believe the Raven Anklewings are a must for my character, as they go with the monochrome motif and my blackbird motif.

First Formal Quest: A Change of NameX

This has been my largest quest to date. I'm questing to get up to 1,000 gold for a username change. Why? My avatar quite resembles The Crow, and the he (the original Brandon Lee version) is one of my favourite fictional characters. The name with the space is already taken, but an underscore will solve all of my problems.

Last edited by The_Crow; 11-29-2012 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Sixth Quest Initiated

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 07:26 AM

Sixth Quest Progress:

2009:
[X] Blood Lotus (Average Marketplace Price: 1,692. Current Lowest Marketplace Price: 7,000)

Fifth Quest Progress (Complete!)X

- Donated by Liztress :)

Fourth Quest Progress (Complete!)X

Tier 1
Captain's Hooch - 08 September 2010 - Bought
Dark Crystal - 17 March 2010 - Donated by The Insane Asylum
Jade Ronin - 27 August 2010 - Bought
Midas Touch - 23 August 2010 - Donated by Chigai's Charity Center
Royal Cape - 22 August 2010 - Won from Jelly's Wishing Well after 100g in donations
Yin Yang - 23 August 2010 - Donated by Chigai's Charity Center

Tier 2
Book of Daydreams - 19 September 2010 - Bought
Imperial Lucky Cat - 19 September 2010 - Bought
Iridescent Jelly Squid - 23 August 2010 - Won Story Contest Hosted By Wardrobe de la Sprinkles
Iridescent Jelly Squid - Bought - 02 Noveber 2010
Light Spell - 07 October 2010 - Bought
Obakemono - 17 March 2010 - Donated by The Insane Asylum
Overlord's Wrath - 8 September 2010 - Donated by _~Link~_
Overlord's Wrath - 14 September 2010 - Bought
Peacock Scythe - 08 September 2010 - Bought
Raven Anklewings - 24 October 2010 - Bought
Sleepy Time - 16 August 2010 - Won from The Lint Pile Charity
Strawberry Sugar Cookie - 21 August 2010 - Donated by Mitsie's and Nao-chan's Asylum

Tier 3
Chilly the Polar Bear - 24 October 2010 - Bought
Jester Hat - 10 September 2010 - Bought
Les Voiles D'or - 22 September 2010 - Bought
Les Voiles D'or - 31 August 2010 - Won from The Lint Pile Charity
Mystic Faun - 21 August 2010 - Donated by Naoto-chan22
Phear Meh - 21 August 2010 - Donated by Naoto-chan22
Pingu - 21 August 2010 - Donated by Naoto-chan22

Third Quest Progress (Complete!)X

Visually (:gold: = 1,000g):

[:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

12,000 pure out of 93,500 pure :headdesk:

Current Offer:

- 12,000 pure
- Light Spell (Do I have your attention now?)
- Strawberry Sugar Cookie
- Captain's Hooch
- Iridescent Jelly Squid (x2)
- Les Voiles D'or (x2)
- Royal Cape
- Jester Hat
- Raven Anklewings
- Jade Ronin
- Book of Daydreams
- Yin Yang
- Midas Touch
- Peacock Scythe
- Chilly the Polar Bear
- Sleepy Time
- Imperial Lucky Cat
- Dark Crystal
- Obakemono
- Mystic Faun
- Overlord's Wrath (x2)
- Pingu
- Phear Meh

OFFER ACCEPTED FOR A QUEEN'S CROWN!

QUEEN'S CROWN TRADED FOR A KING'S CROWN!!!

COMPLETE :boogie:

Second Quest Progress (Complete!)X

Each week I have fed Jelly's Wishing Well in hopes of winning the Raven Anklewings. However, due to the popularity of her charity, I cannot rely on such a gamble to aquire my item.

As of Today, the 28st of October 2009, I am 1,900/3,500 gold for the Raven Anklewings.

Visually (:gold: = 100g):
[:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

I have also fed 125 gold to Jelly's Wishing Well.

However, the sheer insanity of the Halloween Event allowed me to acquire the remaining gold in an immeasureable amount of time. I would like to send a special thank you to Insomniac as he 'donated' 500g to me as a postprize. COMPLETED! :boogie:

First Quest Progress (Complete!)X

As of Today, the 4th of October 2009, I am 1000/1000 gold for my username change. Many thanks, once again, to my gracious donors.

Visually (:gold: = 100g):
[:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] [:gold:] COMPLETE! :boogie:

Last edited by The_Crow; 11-29-2012 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Quest 6 Update 3 -Blood Lotus Received!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Donations Received:

Thank you in advance if you are considering donating to my cause. Your generosity will be noted, and repaid with gratitude and a link out.

As of today, the 28th of November 2012, the following person(s) has donated to and completed my sixth quest:
Kultura - Blood Lotus

As of today, the 1st of April 2011, The following person(s) donated to and completed my fifth quest:
Liztress - Dark Heart Halo :heart: :glomp: :heart:

As of today, the 22th of September 2010, the following person(s) have donated to my fourth quest:
Naoto-chan22 - Phear Meh + Pingu + Mystic Faun :boogie:
TanaChan - 400 :D
The Whitewolf Shaman - 250 :)
Naoto-chan22- 2,000 O_O

As of Today, the 28th of January 2010, the following person(s) have donated to my third quest:
:heart: :heart: + :heart: + :heart: :heart:Naoto-chan22 - 139.38 :) + 150 :D + 200 :D
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Mitsunari - 500 :angel:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Kultura - 500 :angel:

As of Today, the 27th of October 2009, the following person(s) have donated to my second quest:

:heart::heart: JellybeanInc - 200g :D
:heart: Naoto-chan22 - 21g :oops:

As of Today, the 4th of October 2009, the following person(s) have donated to my first quest:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Kultura - 500g :shock:
:heart: Aoi - 90g :cool:

Last edited by The_Crow; 11-29-2012 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Finishing off the sixth quest...

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Links Out and Miscellaneous

I will use this post to link out to quests I support. Though not a requirement, I will often link out to the quest pages of anybody kind enough to donate to me.

Thank you for your time at the very least, having taken a glance at my quest thread. And if you are considering donating, thank you in advance.

:boogie:

:arrow: Cora's Quest
Why? Cora runs an amazing charity for newbies, so I fully support her both in the Charity forums and in the Quest forums.
:arrow: Kultura's Quest
Why? Kultura runs the LARGEST charity for newbies, and the second largest Charity on the site. On top of that, she kindly donated to my quest.
:arrow: JellybeanInc's Quest
Why? JellybeanInc is a very avid poster in the Quests forum. Without discrimination she helps keep as many threads as possible active and from going stale.
:arrow: Naoto-chan22's Quest
Why? Naoto has donated to my quest, but more importantly, it was her watchful eye that actually found a SELLER for my craziest quest to date!

Last edited by The_Crow; 01-11-2010 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Information Update

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 PM

1st post for Kultura!

Haaaaai xD

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Greetings, Kultura-sama. This is a bit of a role reversal, you posting in my thread instead of the other way around. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I think I've passed the 100 post mark in your charity.

Do you have a quest by the way? I'll link out to you as I'm about to do for Cora-sama. Those of you who spend alot of your time supporting new folks need as much support as you can get!

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 02:55 PM

.... 1st page post for Hatake!
>D
*does a dance*

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Greetings and Salutations, Hatake-sama. How goes your... clone wars (?) event thing? It's still odd to see you like that. -yet again shoves a red mug with hot chocolate and two marshmallows floating on top in your direction-

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 PM

:lol; I'm sure you have WAY past 100 posts in my thread. I need to update the first page :sweat:

Yeh I have a quest... Somewhere....
It's inactive at the minute, I stopped it for the charity :lol:

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-04-2009, 03:15 PM

I can totally see how running that charity can easily take up over 90% of your time here on Mene. If you do ever find/revive your quest, just let me know and you'll have a link out on the first page :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultura View Post
:lol; I'm sure you have WAY past 100 posts in my thread. I need to update the first page :sweat:

Yeh I have a quest... Somewhere....
It's inactive at the minute, I stopped it for the charity :lol:

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM

Teehee, it is fun, and we'll change out when we want.
xD
People keep on getting confused when we post near eachother.

*puts hot cocoa in invo*

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Hatak-clone xD

Meatball, here's my quest - Herrre

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Actually, I think Ryl created the avatar we are all cloning.
xD

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 PM

*pops in*

Yup, I designed the avatar. ^^ <3<3

*waves to meatballhead and Kultura*
:'D

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM

EEEE, cloner stalker!!
*tackles*

Rylynne

Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 PM

*falls over from the tackle*
DX
xDD;;

iClone should include siggies, now that I think about it.
It'd be funnier that way. xDD;;

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM

It WOULD.
xD
We should make one next time.
Be all like "The Clone Invasion has just begun. Will you be assimilated?"

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Oh the confusion!

*breaks chain*

Rylynne

Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM

@ Hatake : Lolz, like what happened during Mr. Mayor's birthday? xDD;;

@ Kultura : Nuu! D: Join uss? :'D <3<3

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM

LOLZ, when all the staffers morphed into Mayor?

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM

I shall be no clone, I like my crazy scientist hair too much xD

Rylynne

Old 10-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Poo, you no fun. D:
xDD;;

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Ino :-)

Mwahaa. Spikey hair is le awesome though.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 PM

xD
A lot of users are having fun with them.