rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 AM

"Eh?"

Kiran paused and looked up to the little green spot on his massive silken bedding, and blinked a few times as he took that in. Then a smile broke out on his face followed by light laughter and Kiran went back to finish disrobing. "You really are a good pet Midori, you know just how to cheer me up."

The youthful prince gracefully walked in all his naked glory around to a long pure silk night gown laid out for him and slipped it over his head. Wearing the long clingy fabric did not help squash his feminine look, despite being made for a male. Sydney would find the soft hands scooping him up and moving him once more, now from the foot of the bed to the pillow on the far side, then Kiran slid past him into the rich silk folds of the sheets.

"If only that were really true, perhaps I could break your curse and you could repay me by saving me from my fate, hmm?" Kiran didn't really mean it, he didn't really believe Sydney.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 PM

Chuckling, the frog presented another attempt at a smile. He had not expected Prince Kiran to believe him. If he were told the same as a human, he too would have laughed, finding it cute that an animal would say such things. But that was before Damien and his dark arts.

If he ever saw him again...well, he wouldn't be able to do much, but he sure enjoyed the thought of being able to!

"Good night," he said to the prince of Thelema before closing his eyes. The soft pillows and silk sheets were what he yearned for the moment he found himself floating on a lily pad, distressed by his situation.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 AM

"Mmmhm." Kiran closed his eyes and sank down into his soft bed, he had never had to sleep on anything else and he was obliviously happy for that. And despite his 'worries' over his future, Kiran easily fell into a restful sleep that lasted until just a little past dawn when servants came to wake him up.

"Nnmgh?" Kiran's eyes fluttered and he rolled over when the curtains were pushed wide open to flood the beautiful room with white sunlight. "Good morning Prince Kiran! It's another beautiful day!" A cheery maid fluttered and Kiran's eyes snapped wide. He sat up and threw a pillow over the one with the sleeping frog on it at the same moment to give the girls a little smile. "Mmn.. morning.. er.. no no I can dress myself this morning. Tell Father I will be down soon." Kiran sighed as the girls had started bringing him the clothes but went back to lay them out again before leaving. That was one custom he really did not like, when servants tried to dress him. It made him feel a bit like an invalid.

He waited for them to leave before he peeked under the pillow to see if Sydney was still even where he'd been left.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-17-2008, 04:16 AM

Sydney crept out from under the pillow, coming toward Kiran as it was lifted from him so the prince could peek. He stopped, then whispered, "Are we safe?"

The frog had been sleeping peacefully, surprised by the flurry of the maids, the shock of light, and the sudden moment of suffocation. He had feared the worse, but with them gone and Kiran looking to see if he still lived, he figured everything was fine.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2008, 04:24 AM

Kiran blinked his long lashes down at the frog, then tossed the pillow back, and rolled his own head back down onto the bed to laugh. "I fear no lack of safety from a few maids! But if you mean to speak, yes you are safe. Though speak or not, I wouldn't be caught alone around those little pidgeons toed moppets. They might just toss you out of here."

Kiran was teasing and laughing at the same time, he always had energy in the morning if he got a good nights rest. Kiran rolled over and scooted his way across to the edge of the large bed, then hopped out to go change, slipping his night gown off and prancing around naked without a care.

"Now I cannot be with you at all moments of the day Midori. I have lessons to attend and I must eat with the family or they'll be suspicious of me. I can't have Father thinking I am even weirder. Hmm... at the thought of food, I'm going to have to feed you something. What do frogs dine on? Flies and worms and such like that, right? Perhaps you could stay in the garden for the day.."

Kiran was mostly talking to himself as he was pulling on his silk stockings then his short velvet pants and tunic to match. Even the clothes he wore were soft light colors, nothing bold or aggressive.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-17-2008, 04:51 AM

Hopping a little closer to watch - the frog certainly had no shame at this point. If Kiran was going to treat him as a common frog, he would act like one! A frog wouldn't turn away!

"I eat bugs, but I would much rather dine on bread and fowl. I haven't had a chicken or duck in quite some time. Pork even! The thoughts of a fine feast after hunting were my favorite," he said with a chuckle. "Think you could swipe me something, Prince?"

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 AM

Kiran laughed again, a soft tinkling sound. When he laughed it wasn't raunchy or loud, he had been raised properly, and had a proper noble's laugh.. though even it was a little on the girly side. He thought the frog had decided to play the part of a nobleman since he was living in a palace now, and thought the act was rather cute to stop him.

"Oh really Midori. A little frog like you enjoys dining on birds more than thrice your size? Well then I'll just have to get you some.. but no hunting party first!" Kiran chuckled as he linked his silver belt around his hips and adorned his wrists in etched silver cuffs that looked more like wide bracelets, a little sparkle to his outfit. While he wandered the castle Kiran adorned a silver circlet, simple but elegant around his forehead, with a single deep blue jewel in the middle resting just above the middle of his elegant eyebrows.

Kiran had the mind to leave Midori here but he paused and looked the frog over as it had hopped closer to him. Then with a smirk he squated down and held out a hand to be jumped into. "Upon thinking things out further.. perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce you to Father.. I wouldn't want you being accidentally thrown out if it is known you are staying with me. As a non-speaking pet frog, of course."

Kiran had worried about what would happen if he was caught with an enchanted frog, but what's more he was beginning to get jealous of the idea that Sydney speak to anyone else. He had never had a confidant to talk to about his worries and problems before that didn't go running back to daddy to blab like a good little loyal citizen. If he had his way, Sydney and his Father would never speak.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 AM

Sydney was somewhat excited, yet frightened at the thought of meeting the King of Thelema. He half expected the man to have a magic wielder within his court. Or at least be able to call one. But then he feared the thought of being killed as some demonic spirit. Not everyone looked at magical beings with unbiased eyes.

The frog blinked a few times when Kiran said a "non-speaking" pet frog. "If my life were threatened, may I speak, Kiran?" he inquired.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 AM

"Eh? Well.." Kiran frowned at this idea, he really didn't want others to hear Sydney speak. He was being selfish about it, but he didn't care. The boy's long lashes fluttered close for a moment and he gave a soft nod as he stood up again, holding Sydney close to his chest with both hands cupped beneath him.

"If you are threatened yes, I won't put your life in danger over such a small promise." His eyes reopened and he gave Sydney a weird little look. "And don't call me Kiran, it sounds strange coming from you. Calling me by my first name is a privilege only for my family and my future spouse. Just.. call me Prince if you must." The Master name had only been a joke at first, but then Kiran found himself bending to others wills often, and now it was even happening with a silly talking frog.

He sighed and placed Sydney down into the breast pocket of his tunic before he headed out and down to breakfast.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 AM

The frog prince's mother would have reprimanded him for not addressing a member of a royal family properly. But it didn't bother him much. He was a frog now, and until he was human again, he felt little need to stick with human formalities.

Sydney was pleased he gained a ride in the prince's breast pocket. His eyes gazed up, beyond the boy's golden head to observe what he could of the castle. He didn't dare squirm to earn himself a swat for bad behavior. He just breathed and waited, imagining the taste of the foods he hadn't enjoyed for so long.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2008, 05:48 AM

The castle was truly beautiful, from every polished stone and marble inlay, to the elegantly hand carved designs along the ceiling and the long colorful tapestries that hung on the walls.

Kiran headed straight down to a typical large dining hall with the long table decked out in silks and golden plates. There were four lovely ladies already seated at the table, each had that previous heart shaped face, rosie cheeks, and pouty lips that Kiran wore. One sister had golden blond ringlets like his, flowing down her back, but none had the brilliant sapphire colored eyes, those Kiran wore alone. Among them, had Kiran been a princess he would have still stood out as the prettiest.

Kiran went to sit across from the only male at the table, a fine handsome gentlemen with a thick black mane of hair pulled back into a ponytail and kind gray eyes. Kiran smiled at him instantly, he rather idolized his big brother. "Good morning Marcus."

"Good morning, what is that in your pocket?"

Kiran's cheeks became rosey, of course his brother's keen sense would pick out the slight buldge right away. Well.. it was probably best while the king wasn't here yet to bring Sydney out.

"Ah.. a token to remember my time out on the highlands hunting trip." Kiran smirked and reached into his pocket, wrapping his fingers about Sydney to pull him out so it wasn't obvious what he was at first. Then he held open his palms and one of his sisters screamed.

"Get that thing away from the table!"

"Aww.. but Ceci, he's so cute! You mean you don't like my new pet?" Kiran held him out towards the girls and two more shrieked and moved back, Marcus across the table was just laughing.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM

Screaming girls was certainly not what Sydney was used to. He winced from their piercing screams and kept silent. He had almost cried out with a start when they initially shrieked.

Looking at each of the princesses, he had to admit that he marveled at their appearances. Kiran was not kidding! This kingdom did produce beauties. All of the princesses combined that his parents invited to their lavish balls could not compete, even if the girls he were staring at had contorted faces full of fear of his current state. Turning, he looked at the brother before finally back at Kiran. He understood better what he meant about the difference between him and his brother in terms of succession. Marcus is a real man.

His eyes pleaded to be put back. The last thing he wanted was to end his life being squished by one of the princesses's heeled shoes!

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 AM

"Allright you've had your fun, do put that away before our dear sister's faint." Marcus chuckled from across the table and Kiran pulled the little green creature in close to his chest.

"Okay.. but I rather like him." Kiran stroked Sydney's head softly before slipping him up onto his shoulder not facing the girls. And then he turned his nose up at his sister's and stuck his tongue out at them childishly. "His name is Midori and he's eating breakfast with me! If you don't like it you can eat elsewhere!"

His sister's chirred to one another, but Kiran's pouty little act did seem to bring about relieved giggles. He had always been the youngest, their little baby to pamper, and he had gotten used to making a silly fuss to get his way. Breakfast was still not brought out though glasses were filled with warm fresh milk and fresh squeezed juices. It wouldn't be brought until the King came.

He was like a king out of a fairy tale story, much like his daughters. He had the typical thick gray beard worn on an aged wise, yet slightly pompous face. He may have had a handsome figure like his son's at one point, but now he wore a healthy little bulge of a belly finely dressed in the best fur trimmed velvets and silks in deep regal burgandys, and adorned with many gold links and shiny jewels. He came and sat at the head of the table, and it took two servents to push his heavy tall carved chair in so he didn't fall on his ass. He gave the briefest of glances around the table, not even acknowledging the little green spot on Kiran's shoulder, then bowed his hevy crowned head, and one of the sister's instantly began saying grace.

When it was finished the grand man took a long sip from his frothy scotched milk then smiled and large trays covered in silver were brought in, of all the finest foods one would expect on a king's breakfast table.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-18-2008, 03:05 AM

Sydney watched from Kiran's shoulder as the servants brought in tray after tray of food. His little body was disinterested, but his mind was gleeful. This was real food. This was what he had been craving for so long! This was like home! Turning around to face in the same direction as the young prince, he continued to savor the scents of the breakfast as the food filled the table.

He had gone unnoticed by the king, and so far, he was fine with it. He had no plans to misbehave or appear as vermin. The last thing he wanted was a reason to be squished.

The frog would nudge Kiran's ear or neck whenever he forked a morsel. That was what he wanted. He wasn't a picky eater, but there were some foods he couldn't wait to have!

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 04:05 AM

Kiran had food served onto his plate and he began taking dainty little bites, bites that would be whole mouthfuls and more to the little frog. Again the absentminded charge of Sydney forgot about feeding him right away, that was until he started feeling something cool and damp prodding his neck. The feeling made him squirm a little in his seat and put a smile on his face. As little a gesture as it was, it was strangely warm feeling to be needed by another, even if it was only a frog.

Kiran tore off a tiny piece of the suckling fried ham, and tried to decide if it was fly sized or not before he poked the little piece towards the wide lips on his shoulder. There was really no need for much tongue here, when the food was coming right to Sydney's mouth.

The warm silence of hungry royals eating breakfast was soon broken by the King's voice, a voice that was aged but not old, yet the weariness could be heard in it even in the first light of morning. "We will be having guests soon, King Havershard and his son Prince Charmond will be visiting with us for the next few days."

Kiran rose a brow at this and some of the sisters started to giggle and chatter amongst themselves. It was Marcus who had the strong voice to ask about such a visit. "Are they coming through for a leisurely visit father?"

The King frowned, obviously not liking the question his bold son could dare to ask, and he leaned a little in his seat. "Oh, that and just a little business. Minor really, nothing for you to think over."

The girls giggled more and Kiran looked down, tearing off another little piece of meat to feed the frog quietly. Kiran wouldn't meet his father's gaze and ate as quick as possible, only remembering to slip Sydney a few more morsel's of braised duck and honeyed bread before he pushed back his chair and stood, giving a polite bow. "Pardon me Father, but I believe I have an early archery lesson this morning." Kiran turned and scurried out of the room with his head held high, biting his lip over his little white lie. He was not happy Prince Charmond was coming, not at all.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-18-2008, 04:15 AM

The frog felt like all the sadness and frustration he had built up thanks to Damien's spells had been lifted, just for a little while. He was happy to eat something other than the bugs he had snatched up with his tongue when opportunity struck. He attempted a humming noise to express his happiness, but it came out oddly. Definitely not frog-like in the least bit.

As Kiran exited, Sydney leaned forward to observe his expression. He gave his neck a slight nudge. His vision wasn't good enough to see who would overhear him. He wanted to know why this visit from King Havershard and Prince Charmond was so disturbing to him. Would one of his sisters be peddled off? Such a caring brother!

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 10:06 PM

Kiran hurried into the hall and passed several servants, he blinked as something cool feeling pressed against his throat again. "Oh.." Blue eyes darted around, and Kiran slipped down a different hall before into a study that was wall to wall with books.

Kiran glanced about before he pulled Sydney from his shoulder and went to sit softly on the edge of a couch, even out here in the castle he didn't feel like he could in the privacy of his room. Sydney found himself cupped in two hands so he could see Kiran's face, those red lips in full pout mode.

"I forgot again.. do you want more to eat? I could take you down to the kitchens."

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-20-2008, 02:44 AM

Sydney presented his silly frog smile to the young prince. It was beginning to become a regular expression. "Oh no, that's quite alright. I'll be fine." His head tilted some. "Are you okay? What is bothering you, my prince?"

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-20-2008, 04:26 AM

Kiran scrunched up his nose in response to the strange look the frog was giving him again, there was something very creepy and comforting both in having the amphibian smiling at him.

"..." Big blue eyes shifted around the room uneasily before they fell back down on Sydney, and with a sigh the frog was lowered down to his lap simply because Kiran wasn't going to hold his hands up like that forever.

"Not something you can do anything about.. but I think I should put you back in my room while Prince Charmond is here. He might squish you if only for the reason to upset me. Every time he visits he seems to like bothering me, when he was younger he would pick on me when no one was looking. But now that we're older, he's very.. strange towards me. I do not like the looks he gives me."

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 AM

"Oh, don't be like that, Kiran," Sydney said, bringing the familiarity back into the conversation. He knew he meant Prince Kiran, but right now, he felt a little bit closer to the boy. He was exposing his vulnerabilities. And it was cute.

"I don't want you to be stuck with him alone. I'll be there with you. And if he starts picking on you, I'll yell at him from a hiding place. Maybe he'll think you're cursed. Ghosts." The frog chuckled in the only way he could - a croaking hissing sound. Very odd.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 AM

Kiran didn't notice that he wasn't called by the right title that time, he looked too nervous and his mind was elsewhere racking up thoughts on how to be out of the castle or avoid Charmond at all costs over the next few days. Hopefully the visit would just last one day, but Father had left it open ended, which also worried him. Father only did that when he was trying to make a treaty with another King.

Kiran chewed on his plush lower lip a little, a cute little nervous quirk as he listened to Sydney's idea, and looked back down at the frog again. "But if he followed the voice and found you, he would squish you. I know he would.... I should probably hide you very high up. Maybe on a bookshelf, just don't jump off and squish yourself. Or better, maybe I should just keep you out in the garden until he is gone. Our ponds here are much nicer than that muckey hole you came from. I'm sure you'll like it. Maybe meet a cute lady frog?"

It was a hollow attempt to get Sydney to agree, Kiran was very much worried over his own safty at the moment, but in the short time he'd had Sydney as a pet he had grown fond enough of him to worry over him as well.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 AM

"I have...very little interest in mingling with other frogs," Sydney admitted carefully. "We don't really get along. I'm not interested in them, and they scamper away. I've tried talking to them and that startles them the most!

"I would feel much more comfortable being with you rather than some odd location like a bookshelf," he chuckled, switching gears to allow the conversation to move at a more pleasant tone. "Kiran, don't worry about me. I'm not afraid of this Charmond fellow."

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 AM

Kiran's pout broke out a little giggle despite his insistence to be upset that Charmond was coming to visit. "I'm sure other frogs are as unused to a speaking one as people are." But he frowned again even as Sydney was trying to reassure him. Had Sydney been his tall charming and human self, it would have comforted Kiran very much. But a frog standing up to Charmond.. well that just worried Kiran in multiple ways.

"N-no.. don't forget your promise to me! You wouldn't speak unless it was a life or death matter! But.. okay maybe staying with me will be better, I do not plan to be near him anyway. Speaking of, if I sit here brooding too long I'll be found and called to greet him. And I really will miss lessons."

Kiran sighed and stood, depositing Sydney into his pocket once more. "Come Midori, you can learn a little about how Prince's are taught." The pretty little prince took a deep breath, than put on a very convincing smile, he had been taught how to be diplomatic and hide his feelings, he wasn't horrible at being a prince after all. He probably would make a cute little wife.. er.. husband.

Kiran took Sydney down to the courtyards where Sydney got to watch him practice archery, he was decent at it. Much better than his fencing skills which he had to go to next.. his father had certainly put all the weaponry classes in high demand first. And poor Kiran kept stumbling and had no power behind his attacks. He fell several times, Sydney thankfully got to watch from a table nearby, rather than his pocket.

The morning passed reasonably well, despite how upset Kiran had been this morning. There wasn't too much time to talk with Sydney, though he would whisper to him in halls when he thought they were alone, not too much free time there was between classes. Horse riding and stategic planning rounded up the morning, and Kiran dragged himself to a lunch time he thought would be quiet. The family often only met for breakfast and dinner. But he found when he reached the dining room he was met by all his sister's in a row, and shuffled into the same line. His brother and Father were greeting Prince Charmond and King H ahead of them. Kiran swallowed, checking that Sydney was safely hidden before he smeared that fake smile on his face and looked anywhere but at Charmond.

Charmond wasn't a young prince, but he was still a prince because his father had no yet given up his throne. He looked to be at least ten years older, and had a smooth bald head but a twisted long mustache and little goatee both in a oily slick black. And when he was introduced to all the lovely ladies and the rest of the family, his grin was most wicked towards Kiran who still would not look him in the eyes.

"Come come, sit and dine with us! We have so much to catch up on King Havershard!"

The two hapless kings grinned at each other, yet took opposite seats at both heads of the table. Kiran rolled his eyes at this, but it was a custom. He managed to seat himself between two of his sisters, but found with a growning dread that Charmond had seated himself directly across. When the man spoke, his voice was just as oily sounding as his hair looked.

"Ah Princess Cecelia, you are looking more extravagant than ever."

The princess gave the typical shy smile for the compliment and waved a doting hand at him.

"I have merely grown up more is all, you haven't visited in what.. I believe almost four years now?"

"Yes well, our kingdom is quite a few days ride, is it not? But you are right, I should come visit more often. Everyone here looks much more mature and beautiful.' His eyes locked on Kiran's face, and Kiran stared at the roast beef being served to him. He realized it would be hard to feed Sydney this way, he would just have to sneak away some in a napkin for later.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-21-2008, 05:06 AM

The frog watched the lessons, tempted to give the young prince some tips every now and then. He himself had passed lessons long ago and just focused on honing his skills with intensive practice. As he watched, he snapped up a few bugs, more out of habit. In his mind were the savoring taste of the food from breakfast. Imagine what they would have for lunch!

Sydney had met a great deal of royalty. He had exchanged greetings to every noble and couldn't possibly have recalled every single one of them. But Prince Charmond...while his name hadn't rung any bells, his voice did. That was not a voice to forget. He expressed his displeasure with him with a contorted face. He had a few things he would've loved to say, but kept with the oath of silence. Refraining from moving, the frog even breathe just barely. He didn't want to draw any attention to Kiran.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-21-2008, 05:21 AM

Kiran ate very quietly as Charmond spoke more to the ladies, giving them his flakey flattery to boost their already inflated egos. Charmond hadn't spoke to him directly yet, and at first Kiran had been very relieved. Now he was almost foolishly believing all his dreading had been for nothing. Perhaps Charmond would leave him alone. He just had to make it through dinner and once they were sitting up and the King's were talking about excusing themselves to a brandy in the main study, Kiran excused himself for 'private reasons' and slipped out of the dining room.

He didn't look back to see that Charmond's gritty brown gaze was following him.

Kiran walked quickly down the halls, headed straight for the small corner library that was where his afternoon lessons were to start. He met his tutor inside and gave him that believable fake smile and sat down to a large book he was supposed to be reading. Ah.. the history of his kingdom.. it was sooooo boring. But it would be a good distraction.

He gave the tutor a little excuse, sweetly requesting a glass of water.. water directly from the kitchens is what he 'needed'. And when the tutor had left them alone, Kiran pulled Sydney out and set him beside the large book on the table. He unfurled a silver silk napkin that had a nice sliver of his meal tucked away inside, stained with the tangy sauce.

"I'm sorry I could not feed you earlier.."