Tsuki-Chani
Ice Cream Binger

Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM

o 3o~ Is the fairy category technically anything fairy-like?
((wants to do but isn't sure. )) Don't know the characters... ;-;
Though I know the title. *^*

clock
tick tock

Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 PM

I will have to look up these characters and try to enter. x3

wish

Old 07-24-2008, 11:42 PM

i wanna enterr.. : D going to choose one of my favorite characters and see if i can do a mene version of them. XD

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 PM

Is Windy here? O.O

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 AM

I'm sorta here.

...sorta.
xD;;;

-busyyy-
Dx

Min: I made one like a day after I got onto Mene, forgot about it for 6 months, a mod found it for me, and...I'm sorta using it. :'D
xD;;;

Tsuki: Just any fairy. :] With your own original twist. ;D HINT: I'd love to see something original, like...say, "food fairie" with burnt food or something like that.
xD

Wishuuu: Have fun! ;D

Clockyy: I'll PM cutiexpie to put up refs. ;D
Hallo Clair. ;D

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 AM

Hello, Windy!
How is Windy? ^^

clock
tick tock

Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 AM

Yay :heart: Refrences will help a lot because I've never read the play. x3

Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 AM

Windy's good, you Clair? :'D <3

-pokes your wings-
I love those colors.
x3

Clock: She won't be on till like...11 am tomorrow by my Pacific time though.
DDDx

clock
tick tock

Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 AM

Aww, that's all right. x3 I can wait.

Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 01:17 AM

I find this one of the most challenging contests, although the whole Shakespeare idea is challenging. Sonnets. @-@

But like...Shakespearean stuff has all those frills and poofy-stuff.
And Mene is extremely limited in terms of costume-type clothes.
I can only name a few of the top of my head. @-@

But all of this makes me more excited for the entries, you'll have to use creativity in this. xD

clock
tick tock

Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 AM

I know, I can't even think of any items like that. Probably a few guy items and those puffy pants. But doesn't it take place in Greece? So Greek-ish items? :'D

Plus the MAC isn't updated and I don't have those wings or anything, so I dunno if I can come up with anything.

Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 02:16 AM

Haha, trueee.

Yeaa!
;_;

Well...you could always put the items in the MAC by yourself...
._.;

clock
tick tock

Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 AM

I... still don't know how. xDD :: fails ::

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 AM

Windy. :D

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM

Username: Sanctuary
Category: Oberon
Description: He's holding a flower because of the magical flower's significance in the story. He's surrounded by snowflakes to show his ability to change the weather and his wings are the same color to show a correlation between the two and the magical mysterious he has. I picked clothing that would be trendy around the time, because I figured that's what he would wear, if he does, debatably wear much of anything at all. I gave Oberon a crown and cape to signify royalty.

edit- and please ignore his lips, it's because if the AC xD

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 07-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Username: Fuyumi_saito
Category: Titania
Description: I wanted her to be beautiful, queenly, and caring. I decided to put the birds since she seems to...like animals..and what not so yeah ^^"" thought it was a nice add on. Half the pictures I've seen of her have wings, the other half don't so I was a little "Uhh" Ish about the whole thing since Oberon has no wings what so ever. Umm... She doesn't strike me as the most ..cheerful person.

Username: Fuyumi_saito
Category: Puck
Description: Puck is really a nature ish fairy. Very leafy. He has horns, so I gave him some.. and well he's basically covered in leaves. So that's why theres so many..leafy things. He's really mischievous or said to be, so I gave him a play gun >_>'' cause.. he also causes trouble. The flower represents the flower he had to collect then turn into a potion.

Miss Ember
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Miss Ember

Old 07-25-2008, 04:09 PM

Username: Miss Ember
Description: I wanted to do something that had the evening look, since the poem, in my perspective, had that beautiful evening theme. Plus, blue is a calming colour, which suit Titania very well. The glass represents the potion that Oberon has Puck get for Titania to drink to fall in-love with the "ass" (>___<). I tried to make her very free flowing and natural as possible. Which explains the no shoes and bare skin.

Description: I used mostly dark and royal colours like gold, red and black to represent the sort of evil in Oberon for going against his wife just to have a knight. No wings since I've never seen him with them. The staff is a symbol of power as king, as well as the crown.

Description: Tried making puck look as mischievious as possible. I thought the smirk and mask was good for that, as I didn't want him looking silly, but more underneath the rug kind of mischievious. The red and gold kind of make him more towards a 'bad' side, considering what deed he does. The flower represents the flower he is sent to get by the King Oberon.

Category: Fairies
Description: This Fairy would more be of Queen Titania's ladies. The blue with gold is a representation of good and loyalty. She is also bare like Titania, which makes it more of a natural state, in which true fairies live. Kind of a musician for the Queen.
Description: More of a Fairy that serves for the King Oberon. Though the brown gives her a very natural look, the offset of gold and the alluring nature of her dress makes her more mysterious and dangerous in appeal. More of a male fairies 'fairy' than a ladies.

Rainy
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Rainy

Old 07-25-2008, 06:32 PM

I'm so glad I read AMSD :D
//I'll enter this later? o.o

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriise View Post
My character is a knight from the Dark Court of Oberon. I have taken the liberty of interpreting the underlying war between Oberon and Titania as a possible inter-court war, between the traditional Seelie and Unseelie, or Light and Dark.

Shakespeare, known as a keen observer of true nature, was not one for two dimensional characters. In this play, his faeries are capable of poisoning on a whim and using humans for sport. Therefore, Oberon, Unseelie King, King of Faeries, would have loyal and dark knights. These knights would bely the Victorian image of the soft, shining flower-picking type.

My Unseelie knight is wearing typical clothing fit for the knight courts. Court faeries are elegant, bored, merciless, and have insatiable appetites for both revelry and violence. The glass of wine and the rapier represent those pastimes.

He has the ears and tail of a cat, rather than wings of a sparrow, moth, or scales of a fish. Different glamours, or magical disguises, were created by each creature to match its personality. Animalian glamours were common, and even humans are sometimes submitted (Bottom).

His eyes are red-traditionally, there is always some way to see the difference between humans and Fey. His hair is silver, representing his true age.

The collar around his neck represents the life-binding to his court and to Oberon.

EDIT: We can MAC them? Oh dear, what a spendthrift I could have been.
Here are my cosplays of Oberon, Titania, Titania's Court, Puck, Bottom, and the six main human characters.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qd4mk6.jpg
I need seperate images. ^^;

I take that back. It's on page 3. ^^;

But I need a description of THE AVATAR. Not the character in the story. ^^'

Miss Ember; Only one avatar per category please. ^^

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-25-2008 at 07:19 PM..

Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM

Hallo Amber! ^^

Ohhh, entries, veryy nice.
x3

Last edited by Winter Wind; 07-25-2008 at 09:32 PM..

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Windy! Shhh! xD
I can't believe we're online at the same time. .__.

Winter Wind

Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Just stating my opinions? x3;;;

-edits out-
;D

I KNOOOWW.
o-o
IT'S SO COOL.
x3

OHhh, do you mind putting up refs for Oberon, Titania, and Puck in the entries section?
So people have an idea of what they look like.
xD;

PiratePrincess
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 PM

whoo! this looks great! ^.^ <3

Winter Wind

Old 07-26-2008, 12:43 AM

T'ank you! ^^

aeriise
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-26-2008, 02:27 AM

ENTRIES:

Username: aeriise
Description: The scepter he carries in place of a sword symbolizes the fey who fight at his bidding. The black bouquet (ouch, does not match her dress) symbolizes his uneasy relationship with his queen. He is wearing clothes that fit his station and show some of his darker side.
Description: Lady of Oberon. I gave her the lightest and most shimmering costume possible, to represent her personality. She is surrounded by tiny faeries and carries the fan that her ladies in waiting later cool her with.
Description: Here is Puck in the most foresty, sprung from the moss look.
The glass is full of the potion he is entrusted with.
Category: Faeries
Description: From Titania's court, these four were named after various magical things. Their costumes represent their names- Moth, a darker faerie; Mustardseed, looking earthy; Cobweb, in a cloak and dress of her namesake; and Peaseblossom, looking like a flower.