Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:54 AM

Chexala's Closet
//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I've been thinking it's about time for me to make a runway thread, and we've got our challenge from jelly to hit 150k threads, so here we go! It's going to take me a little while to get everything organized and filled out, so please bear with me.

Last edited by Chexala; 01-06-2015 at 03:10 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

☛ Admin's Pick —————
December 4th, 2013

Comments from KnerdX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Three cheers for today's winner, Chexala:!

Gingerbread cutie!

This avie really puts me in the mood for the holidays. She's so snuggly warm inside while you can see the snow falling on the other side of her window - I can perfectly imagine her sitting on the floor, covered in blankets, reading all night with a cup of hot cocoa.

Besides, you guys know me - I like the color brown! Chexala and I are even wearing the same general color scheme right now, but she's managed to put such a different spin on her own style. I definitely would not have thought to pair most of these items together, but the whole look works. This avie is such a wonderful mix of real world fashion and Mene-world fantasy.

Great job, Chexala!

February 24th, 2014

Comments from jellysundaeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Here's your winner for this Monday, winning for the second time it's Chexala:

This is a magical avatar, it's so beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be right where that avatar is? A lovely lush courtyard; overlooking the water and facing the sunset, and with an outdoor fireplace too! I could sit there watching as the sun went down and the fireflies blinked into life.

It looks like Chex is having a romantic celebratory evening too, she's looking as elegant and beautiful as the setting. An absolutely gorgeous avatar, congratulations!

January 23rd, 2015

Comments from BellyButtonX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Howdy, gang - I'm here with your Friday pick!

It's Chexala: !

After scrambling around like a maniac all week, I'd dearly love for this mage to whisk me away to the land of dreams, or to the depths of space.. wherever she is, it looks delightful to me right now! ;D

Very lovely avatar, Chexala - congrats! :)

Last edited by Chexala; 01-25-2015 at 08:52 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

☛ User's Pick —————
Nominations

Nominated by: Linnea, neller, Shadami, Xaevan

Nominated by: Kent, Linnea, steelmagghia, ~LONGCAT~

Nominated by: sjacklene, Shadami (nommed twice!), Babyblueyez25, Seridano

Nominated by: Babyblueyez25, Babyblueyez25

Thank you all so much for the nominations.

Wins
None yet!

Last edited by Chexala; 03-07-2015 at 07:45 PM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 AM

☛ Contest Submissions —————
Staff-run Contests

Strut Your Stuff EntriesX

1st May 2014: Desert Hidaway entry
2nd May 2014: Space Expedition entry - Winner!
2nd Aug 2014: Storybook Journey entry - runner up!
2nd Nov 2014: Sacred Forest entry - Winner!
2nd Dec 2014: Pimp Out Your Sovereign entry
1st Jan 2015: Lil' Red and Big Meanie entry

Event Avatar Contests

Festival of Winter Nights 2014 contestX

Round 1: Isle of Cacao

"Chex is dressed up like a waitress at a seaside chocolate cafe, where tourists can sample all sorts of chocolate treats, from hot cocoa to chocolate cake to chicken mole. She is wearing the mandatory chocolate cake hat which is part of the cafe uniform, and ready to deliver cake to a customer. :3"

Round 2: Gwydion

"Chex is wearing a Merak-inspired dress with lots of flowing layers of green and gold, including Merak's peacock feather train. She's out for a stroll along the promenade, appreciating the cherry blossoms blowing in the wind."

Round 3: Navarro

"Things got quite exciting in town last night. Probably too exciting. Last thing Chex remembers, she was on a winning streak at the cards table and ordering rounds at the bar. Now she's waking up alone in the desert, with just her suitcase, a raging headache, and a loosing hand of cards. Plus her skirt is a wreck! How did that even happen? The day is getting hotter by the minute, there's not a scrap of shade in sight, and she has no idea where she is or which way to go. Today is not going to be a good day."

Round 4: Vile

"Pity the poor traveler who has to travel during a Vile winter, especially at night. It's been a long day and now it's starting to snow hard, but at least Chex has reached a shrine where hopefully she can take shelter until morning."

Round 5: Tapio

"Tapio is known for the blood lotuses which grow around the rivers and pools of the island. Tapi!Chex has trekked out into the jungle to gather lotuses, which have both healing and poisoning abilities and fetch a nice price down at the ports."

Valentines 2014 contestX

The Craziest Tea Party Guest EVER! Form
My Crazy Tea Party Guest's Name: Harried Kappa Mama
Tell us about you Crazy Tea Party Guest: Poor kappa mama, she loves her little babies, but they're so full of energy and excitement that she hardly ever gets the chance to sit down, put her feet up, and have a cup of tea. She was hopping she'd get the chance to sit with some tea at the tea party, but so far she's spent the whole time chasing after her rugrats. Some things never change.
Most importantly, how do they take their tea?: With a strong splash of sake to sooth her nerves. ;)

User-run Contests

Project MeneX

Project Mene!
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
Final entry won Second Place!

Last edited by Chexala; 12-07-2015 at 01:12 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 AM

☛ Seasonal and Event Avis —————

Valentines Day ~~ St. Patrick's Day

2014X

Valentine's Day ~~ St. Patrick's Day ~~ Easter ~~ Desert Winds User-Run Event

Summer Wedding ~~ Halloween (Harvest Season) ~~ Festival of Winter Nights

Past YearsX

Years Long Gone

New Year's, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter

Festival of Winter Nights

Last edited by Chexala; 12-07-2015 at 01:15 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 AM

☛ Miscellaneous Faves —————
Favorites that haven't been featured in another category.

Cosplay of this comic with Cardinal Biggles!

Last edited by Chexala; 12-07-2015 at 01:14 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 AM

☛ Hair Colors —————
Hair Colors by Me:
Merlot: #2e0011 and #9b2c44
Flamingo/Cerise: #ad013b and #ff618f
Castaway Plum: #42396f and #8984bd

Other People's Hair Colors:

Last edited by Chexala; 01-06-2015 at 04:41 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 AM

☛ Layering Tricks and Ideas —————
The Planet-Pond: A Tutorial
1. 2. 3. 4.
  1. Start with the full-length sky backgrounds from the Space Expedition CI. The lower part of the planet will become your pond.
  2. Choose a second, partial-length background to become your sky. In this example, I’ve used the forest from Dryad’s Hollow.
  3. Now layer in the rocks which will form the edges of your pond. My favorite combo is the floor rocks from Calesco’s caverns (the foreground rocks) and the rocky boarder from Oriental Garden (the back edge). Other good choices can be found in Reef Explorer and Monkey Business. (There are probably more rocks that I’ve either forgotten about or don’t have.)
  4. Now experiment with extras to flesh out your scene. Here I’ve used various plants, extra rocks, and a lamp. However, there are lots of background and floor items you can use to create unique scenes.
  5. This is just one way to use this layering, so don't be afraid to experiment! Below is the first avatar I made using this trick (which inspired jellysundae to make a new layer specifically for layering skies), as well as several other examples I've seen that showcase the wide variety of different possibilities.

(In order: Chexala, Suona, neller, and CrimsonShadow)

Posting is now open! Please come in and be welcome!

Last edited by Chexala; 01-06-2015 at 04:31 AM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-11-2014, 12:15 AM

Oh, hello! I look forward to seeing more of your avis. o wo
I want to make a runway for the 150k threads challenge too. X3 Hopefully I'll make it today~

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-11-2014, 03:53 AM

Thanks Kent! You should definitely make a runway thread! I got motivated to make mine because of the 150k challenge also.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 04:54 AM

It's been a long time, but I'm slowly updating this thread. So far, I wrote up a little layering tutorial for the Planet-pond. Let me know what you think of it!

Upcoming updates will include: moar hair colors, moar personal avies, moar avies from other people, and updated contest submissions. First I have to get everything organized on my computer, and then upload it to my albums.

I also thought I'd start sharing screenshots of my equipped items when I make an avi I particularly like. Not sure if that will be interesting to other people, but it will help me recreate avis if I ever feel like coming back to them.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-15-2015, 12:13 AM

My Valentines 2015 event outfit:

Hair codes: #33221a and #81553b

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-17-2015, 02:52 AM

Updated some posts. Recent avi I like and want to remember:

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-22-2015, 12:34 PM

'pokes head in' oh wow nice Chexala 'blinks'