Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 AM

Hello again freebie forum! Not to be confused with my permanent freebie shop, this is something I'm doing in order to get an example for a new style I want to try out, so this is a one time offer to get art like this for free!

Art like what, you ask? I found a pad of different pastel colored chalk paper about 11" by 14" in size which gives me a larger than usual amount of space to experiment in. I want to use this paper for some portfolio quality pieces of art done in chalk and colored pencils. I'll try to experiment with more complex poses, expressions, detail, and overall more 3-d look to my art. I especially want to focus on a slightly more realistic style as well as things like hightlights, reflective surfaces, glowy lights, etc. Light and shadows basically since that's what makes up a 3-d effect. I want to create MOOD with a drawing! It's all in the color and light.
Here are a few images to show some idea of my skill, but I intend to draw even better than these (intend being the key word): X, X, X, X
Still interested?

Rules
1. There is only ONE slot! I will do one and only one art to use as my sample, anything beyond that and you will have to go to the shop I make afterwards.
2. You may fight over said slot. I will not take first come first serve. In fact, I won't pick who's offer I will do until there are at least 6 to pick from. I pick by most inspiring to me.
3. to inspire me, more information is best. I WILL NOT do "draw my current avi" I will put a rough form below for help, but the best thing to do would be to stick around and chat with me about your character and give me the kind of information that I can really imagine an amazing picture from!
4. Don't expect art quickly. It will take more than a week, but I swear no matter how long it takes, I will do it even if it's more than a month. Obviously this isn't quick doodles.
5. You may not request groups or couples. Save that for my permanent shop
6. Both avis and OCs are okay as well as some non-human characters
7. Tips are nice, but you don't have to obviously

Some more information to help you request something I might actually want to draw (aka things I like):
fantasy, pretty boys, hair, wings, fighting poses, cute and creepy together, dark mood/colors/theme, kpop, decora, visual kei, music and the whole fashion and culture of it, fire, animals especially wolves, cats, and foxes, bad-assery, candy cuteness, night/stars/moon, etc

And the Form:
Character/avatar image and/or description:
Personality and expression:
Random information: (this is the place to go wild and tell me what's so interesting about your request, give me the kind of information that I can use to come up with a pose and get background ideas from. Make me love your character too)

You can post much more information than that and you don't even need to use the form if you have something better, but that's the minimum.

Um...I think that's it for now. Sorry I have so much information for you to read.
Now battle away my little art hungry Menewshans!! Muahahaha!

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 08-18-2013 at 03:19 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 06:11 AM

*parks self in thread*

*copies form* *runs off to gather poses and information*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 AM

I had a feeling you were be the one that jumped like a ninja on this.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 AM

xD I had spy open while I was filling in my entry for an avi contest. xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:15 AM

Lucky you! I can't wait to see what sort of exciting requests I get from this.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 AM

I hope you get plenty * u *

I'm gonna need a dice or a coin to figure out which OC.... xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 AM

A dice would be better. you have too many ocs for a coin!
I think I may have difficulty deciding who to pick if I get too many!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 AM

*holds up a 12 sided dice* *music plays* TA DA!

xD You might need this after me then!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 AM

Hehe. do they even make 12 sided die?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 AM

Apparently yes yes they do. xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 AM

I think I have a dice with more sides that that actually. it's shaped like a ruby. It was from a princess board game.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM

Hey. Can you draw me a phoenix?

Uhm... That's about it. My boyfriend likes phoenixes. So I'm collecting art for him. 'cause he likes them and I like making him happy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-05-2013, 10:55 PM

your request will be considered.
any kind of pheonix in particular?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2013, 02:28 AM

Not really. A firebird phoenix? That's about it. Have fun with it. C:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 AM

alrighty then. Sounds interesting enough.

Blahtastic
Writer

Old 08-06-2013, 06:02 AM

Wowzers, your art looks really good. I'm going
to wait for the slot to open first, though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 AM

thanks. the slot is open though. :/ If you want the free art, you best request quickly while this is still open.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 11:52 AM

Character/avatar image and/or description:
Personality and expression: She is cryptic and yet sarcastic. Shed probably have a smirk on her facen
Random information: She is kinda like Light in Death Note... Basically she writes down the names of those deceased (shift work and what not)I might remove the wings but idk. I think they are cute ;) and so pretty much this is my weird version of death ;P

Blahtastic
Writer

Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Well, it seems I'm too late, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Hopefully this simpler offer will make you reconsider, or maybe I
can book the slot for later. I'll need art of this girl. I can provide
more detailed headshots of her if you'd want any.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 PM

eh, Ashtyn? That's exactly how I see your avi! So you see her as both deadly and snarky as well as cute (from what I interpret about the wings)?

Blah: I didn't think it was that complicated. There is no later for the slot. It will never ever open again.
Please don't give me so little information. Tell me something about the character or the sort of world or story she belongs in.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Exactly! XD or well that's what I was aiming for at least :) if you don't want to choose her I understand but I totally fell for your art style!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Cool. I'll let you know when I make my decision. I'm glad you like my art.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 06:49 PM

:) Yea, I need to start practicing more (Why I hit up the draw the avatar above thread) But right now I have like seven pieces to do in my home town >.< I hate the subject matter too! But they are paying me soooo.... :/ maybe after I will do a freebie thread here XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 06:57 PM

paying you real money? I seriously can't get anyone to give real money for my art. but practice really helps a lot. I hang out in the draw above you threads too for a little practice. I need to do other people's requests because I'm too lazy to do the arts I want to do for myself.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 09:31 PM

XD Well I sell art around my town, it's a small town... but I can't really get many to buy art from me. I am hoping that by word from mouth I can eventually get people to really buy my art... I sell and take real life request's at

SPOILERX

(I will take it out if it's not allowed to be posted xD)

Your art could totally be soled really easy! It's very pretty... Do you use prismacolors? I was meaning to ask because I wasn't to sure... it does look like that. :D (Also you can tell me if you don't want to art talk... I just get excited because I don't get to much.)