Urbeth
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM

Hello!
Is anyone here participating in National Novel Writing Month?

This is my first year that I am trying it. I have been working on a novel for two years now that I have had trouble finishing. This past summer I decided to scrap my second draft of the story and start it again--but I wrote out the entire timeline for the story first...well, for the first book. I expect this story to be more than one book, but for this year I am going to concentrate on the first novel. So I finished my timeline last night and started the story.

So even if you aren't participating this year, have you participated in years past? Or have you ever written a novel before? What is it about? Did you struggle with it at all? Did you have to rewrite it ever?

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 AM

Ah! I am not the only one who has been stuck in a rut and distracting myself here. Is this your first year really? It's mine too. I have about 1,700 words so far... but I'm way behind... How are you doing?

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2009, 02:00 AM

Ooh, I've heard of it. Personally, I haven't participated before, nor am I participating in it this year, but my friend is. She's been fretting about finishing it on time. Good luck to you guys!

nette
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2009, 02:07 AM

Though it's very tempting to participate I have enough sense not too. One I'm a huge procrastonator and perfectionist and two I have way to many things to get done this month.
So best of luck to thse of you who are going to try. :)

Snikety
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 AM

I have certainly heard of it. (: However, I lack determination and I never get writing finished so there would be no hope for me. I would love to try one year, though.

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 AM

I really wish that I wasn't such a procrastinator, then I'd probably have more done of my story. I am writing a story similar to the cantebury tales and arabians nights, you know the "story within a story" model. What are some models that other people are doing?

GardeniaFly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 AM

I love to write! But I'm afraid that I'm not good enough to write a whole novel and therefore have never participated in any contests. Good luck to you and everyone else though.

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 AM

I think it is about quantity and not quality. Seriously, you should try any way. I feel like it is going to be such fun (after I buckle down and write a lot) that it will be worth it. Besides, we aren't even supposed to edit it. that means that no one is expecting high quality. So try! Follow the link on the first post. Give into my peer pressure.... *muh ha ha ha* I signed up last year and didn't write much, you can do the same. Just try, I'm sure you'll feel accoplished and awesome afterward.

I apologize for that wall of text...