steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 09-13-2015, 11:57 PM

She's the best. But yeah, shingles blows.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I'm surviving! How about you?
Desperately waiting for summer to be over.

After three straight days where it was up to a hundred last week, we had such a nice respite yesterday where it peaked at seventy. ... But it was all kinds of humid and icky today. D:

How you fairin' lately?

@steel ~ That sounds terrible. ... The shingles bit, not the niece bit.

My aunt had shingles and she said it hurt like a mother. *paraphrases*

I had chicken pox when I was a kid, so I worry it may hit me someday.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM

@Howdy
It's cooled off here, which is nice. It's 65 degrees out right now, 68 in the house. I'm excited for Fall!!

@Steel
Oof. What does one do when they have shingles? Rest? Are you able to teach or do you need to be at home away from people? (I know you wrapped up when you were with the baby, but teaching is a different atmosphere.)

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2015, 08:41 PM

For the fall of mankind?!

Goodness Chi, I never pegged you for a doomsday enthusiast.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 09-15-2015, 02:14 AM

Yeah, I seriously am in a ton of pain.
Essentially I take antivirals, keep it covered with some benedryl, and take a crap ton of neurontin, and attempt to be alert enough to teach. You should have seen me trying to get grades in in time. I eventually had to not take my pain medication at all and suffer through the pain in order to think well enough to do anything. I don't know how I'm going to teach tomorrow.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 12:00 PM

And, over a year and a half later, an update. :b

I'm hoping someone who's been around has some full item sets they want to sell.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 01:54 AM

When you find time let me know what bits and baubles you're missing and I'll try and fill them in for you I do have a whole set of last events Who's
And hey an update is an update better late than never right life gets in the way and comes first hope your daughter is doing well and that y'all are too

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 02:34 PM

@hummy
Roachi is my hero. xDD I will have a few missing bits, so can I let you know after she and I get a trade done? Then I think I'll get back into the swing of things and sell, and/or get my art thread going.

She's doing well! We are too. How about you?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 06:19 PM

Oh of course I would never want to step on her toes she is very sweet. Whatever pieces Parts you still need just let me know I was collecting them for a friend and she hasn't picked them up in ages so I do have some that I'd be willing to take pieces Parts out of for you. Oh I'm excited to see your art thread and I'm very happy she's doing well and that you all are too. I'm doing good friend of mine just got out of the hospital from having gallbladder surgery he was throwing up for I think for days went in the hospital and they yanked it out the next morning it was wild so I helped with the recovery for a little bit.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 08:52 PM

Yeah, failing gallbladders are awful. x.<; Hopefully he doesn't have any lasting complications now that it's out!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 08:58 PM

A while back he was throwing up everytime after he ate and he kept saying that it was because he wasn't cooking the chicken enough but I thought it was something else and he just brushed It Off he went on this liquid diet thing and everything cleared up and then this time he was just really dehydrated and he couldn't even keep water down so his roommate Rush him to the hospital. I got my normal Sunday phone call from him and I'm like how's it going oh I'm in the hospital they're probably going to rip out my gallbladder in the morning and I was like what. Yeah I hope he doesn't have any more complications I'm glad they didn't do the open surgery that would have been really bad.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 11:49 PM

Ooof, yeah. When I had mine out it was done laparoscopic, and I was back on my feet in a couple days. I hear when it's an open surgery it's so much worse.

It's been almost 10 years since I've had mine out, and I haven't noticed any negative effects, so I'll hope the same for him!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 11:57 PM

That's what his was as well did you have to eat any differently are there any foods that you absolutely have to stay away from, Chi

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 05-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Hey girl! Nice to see you back in the exchange. I knew i was hoarding all those items for a reason xD

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 PM

@Roachi
My hero! xD
Hopefully some weekend I'll get a list together to actually sell stuff.

@hummy
Nope! I can eat whatever I want without issue. I consider myself lucky!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 12:35 AM

Oh that's great to hear

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 01:12 AM

My husband had his out a few years ago too and oddly has some issues with chicken, but not always. Why chicken, I don't know. It's lean! And it doesn't matter if it's in soup or baked or fried. Same reaction.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 01:16 AM

Isn't that weird. I eat chicken a lot I have to really work at eating stay or hamburgers are red meats of any kind although I had some lamb in a gyro the other day and it was delicious my stomach liked it it liked me it was really good. man I want a gyro

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 01:51 PM

Mmm, gyro. I haven't had one of those in forever. So, so good!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 06:00 PM

Me either and okay don't laugh I go to this gas station that always has cheaper price for paying for cash and I'm always smelling this really delicious smell and I don't know where it comes from well it comes from the gas station they have a little teeny gyro concession stand sort of thing and I was starving when in and paid and I walked over and they had a special for 1lb gyro $12.99 and I thought if I buy a gyro for $13 it's going to suck so I got the regular one I think I paid $5 and change for it and oh my God it was so good I literally sat in the parking lot and Polished It Off.
I thought about going back in and buying the pound gyro but I mean my face was all greasy I was so happy and all I was worried about was the grease was going to bother my stomach you know but the meat is Celine but it likes me I loved it so I'm thinking the pound Euro sounds like a good deal to me

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
@Roachi
My hero! xD
Hopefully some weekend I'll get a list together to actually sell stuff.

@hummy
Nope! I can eat whatever I want without issue. I consider myself lucky!
Glad to be of service and glad my pretty items i've been hoarding all these years lol, went to a cool person who will use em <33
What i'm going to do with all my gold i have no idea. I've been hoarding gold too, but no old items have popped up for years lol. Well none within reason. I know i'll use a bit for Utopia as she needs a topup. So thank you too <3

Quote:
My husband had his out a few years ago too and oddly has some issues with chicken, but not always. Why chicken, I don't know. It's lean! And it doesn't matter if it's in soup or baked or fried. Same reaction.
I love chicken. My fav meat in the world lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Me either and okay don't laugh I go to this gas station that always has cheaper price for paying for cash and I'm always smelling this really delicious smell and I don't know where it comes from well it comes from the gas station they have a little teeny gyro concession stand sort of thing and I was starving when in and paid and I walked over and they had a special for 1lb gyro $12.99 and I thought if I buy a gyro for $13 it's going to suck so I got the regular one I think I paid $5 and change for it and oh my God it was so good I literally sat in the parking lot and Polished It Off.
I thought about going back in and buying the pound gyro but I mean my face was all greasy I was so happy and all I was worried about was the grease was going to bother my stomach you know but the meat is Celine but it likes me I loved it so I'm thinking the pound Euro sounds like a good deal to me
Sounds so good lol. I dunno what a gyro is, but sounds like something similar to a meat kebab thingy.

Hummy are you American, or from Europe??

Chi
Penpal

Old 06-02-2017, 12:36 PM

@hummy
You never know where one will find good food! I'm glad it was tasty. Now I want one. >>;; I wonder if I could make it? I know the sauce is really easy, but it'd be finding lamb that'd probably be the problem. They can be made with chicken or beef too, right?

@Roachi
Thanks so much again. ;_; <3

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 PM

You know.. We are the land of like 3 lambs per person here. And lamb is still super expensive xD

And you're welcome <33

Chi
Penpal

Old 06-02-2017, 09:19 PM

I think the grocery store carries lamb chops, but I recall them being two tiny chops for some ridiculous amount of money. x_X

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-03-2017, 02:01 AM

Comes in with gyros for everyone