Mizayo
The Embodiment of Geekiness

Old 09-22-2011, 10:18 PM

Okay, since I have so many just random stories that were never finished, I've decided that I want to post a bunch of them and let you guys tell me if they're worth finishing (or at least trying to), or maybe some pointers on how to improve my writing (other than spelling and grammer, 'cause these are all stories I've written up at random, no editing). Mind you, some of these are a couple of years old, some are a week. So... yeah. Here.

Here's one that is about a year or so old. It was going to be one of those dark epic fantasy things, but it just didn't seem to get past the fourth paragraph.

I felt the rythmic pounding of my feet against the ground as I darted through the trees, dodging bursts of light behind me. My heart pounded against my chest, begging to leap out. "Odett, you must hurry!" I shouted to my sister who was running just behind me. Tears soaked her cheeks, and I feel the urge to cry myself, but I fight it. Now was not the time for mourning, for neither me nor her. "Odett, you must be strong!" I shouted to her, reminding her that our own lives were endangered.

We were grief stricked. We had just seen out brother, Itisit, murdered in cold blood, and had to leave his corpse for the Fables.

That's who we were running from. Fables. Nasty, wicked creatures, they are. They are monsters who can change their shape at will, but not like the natural shapeshifters, oh no, they are the cursed shapeshifters who have turned to the magic of a demon, a powerful demon, and they are no longer the nature-touched beauties. And they believe that all else are a diseas, a plague, to be eradicated.

My people, the witches, finally had had enough with their foolish reign and stood up to them, and that caused a war. The war was nearly over, only two witches survived: My sister, Odett Raw, and myself, Yith Raw. And we were going to die.

Another one, about a half a year ago, when I had just finished playing Mass Effect 2, I started a fanfiction but decided it was going no where.

The one thing that I've always found interesting was why we lived on a ship seperate from the Migrant Fleet. Sure, Mother always promised to visit the Migrant Fleet frequently so we don't loose contact with any of her or Father's friends, but I still don't understand why we were away to start with. Amalia was here, so were Joker, EDI, Garrus, and Will, maybe that was why we lived here, I don't know. I try not to question Mother and Father too much.

Oh, I suppose you're wondering who I, my mother, my father, and all those other people I listed are. Well, to start, I'm Ahla'Reegar nar Normandy, the daughter of Kal'Reeger vas Normandy and Tali'Reeger vas Normandy. I'm fourteen, almost fifteen, years old. You all know who Joker, EDI, and Garrus are, Amalia's THE Shepard, the one you hear about as bedtime stories. Amalia's not Shepard anymore, though, even though people all over still call her that. She's a Vakarian now, and so is their child, William. I call him Will though. We're about the same age, only he's already fifteen. We're friends, but not as close as Mother and Amalia want us to be, I'm guessing. Mother insists I go see that old movie "Fleet and Flotila" with him, but I find it would be a bit too... awkard, for both of us. Joker still pilots the Normandy, and his bone disease was finally cured by this Mordin guy. I've never met the salarian, but Mother talks a lot about the good things he did for the crew a while back. Apparently EDI used to look like a blue ball, which I find extremely hard to believe. She doesn't even look like a VI. She's not orange or blue see-through or nothing, she doesn't even shake like a hologram, she's fully solid, and looks like a normal human. I think it was a while back when Joker first asked her out. She said no until a few months ago, now they're a happy couple. No telling how long it will last with a VI though.

The rest of the old crew, as mother told me, went their seperate ways. Samara went on as a Justicar, just as she said she would. Jack ran off, killed a few more mercs, stole a ship, and hasn't been seen since. Jacob and Miranda went back to Cerberus with the Illusive man, Mordin died, so did Thane. I used to have the biggest crush on his son, Kolyat, though. I was a weird little kid with a thing for Drells, I don't know. Grunt went back to Tuchanka, Legion's still in

Last edited by Mizayo; 09-22-2011 at 11:49 PM..

Mizayo

Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 AM

Here's another really short one. It's basically about some girl who turns out to be Odo (from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) daughter.

The one true thing I couldn't understand was why people insisted on committing crimes. Sure, sometimes you could get a bit of worth out of it, but surely when you know you're going to get caught, you would be sensible enough to not try. At least not at the very moment.

I've been researching about the galaxies most famuos ciminals recently. I've come to take a certain fascination with the way that they work. Mother says that all of the curiosity of crimes came from my father, but I've never met him. Mother says he was a great man, but was just not ready for the responsibility of being a lover, let alone a father. I understand that Mother loved him cery much.

Mother also says it's highly unlikely that I would ever get to meet him, because he went to his own planet to help his people after the Dominion War. She says his name was Odo Ital, and he was the security chief on Deep Space Nine. She also likes to explain to me about how he was a changeling, hoping that it would help with my own abilities.

I am not a complete Changeling. My true form is not a liquid state as my father's, but the humanoid form I was born in. I can change into anything during a liquid state, but I usually like to keep things simple and stay in my humanoid form.

I am 17 years old, and my name is Lai. I sometimes use the name Lei Ital, in respect to my father, though Mother doesn't like the name because of what Odo Ital meant. My mother is a Teian, so that makes me half Teian half Changeling I suppose. For those of you who are wondering, I have purple eyes, which are constant due to me only being half Teian (Teian's eyes change color on the mood of the Teian), and a white tail. I have blonde hair, which I assume is from my father since my whole family has black hair. I don't have whiskers or pointed ears like the Teians, so that's another side effect of the half Changeling.

My Mother tells all kinds of stories about when she lived on Deep Space Nine, and shows me pictures of all of the crew, even my father. I have come to have a slight crush on the Ferengi bartender named Quark. My Mother tells me really odd stories about him, but I find him to be intruiging. And, by his picture, quite handsome for a Ferengi.

Oh, I have to go. Mother is calling me to beam back down to our home planet. We've been gone researching other planets for weeks and it will be nice to sleep in my own bed again.

--+--

We both beamed down to the surface, but as we got down there, Mother remembered something we forgot on the ship. I went back up to retrieve it.

It ended up being an old jewelry box. I looked into it, curious of its contents. My eyes immediatly darted to a choker necklace with a beautiful aqua gem in the center. It looked... almost transparent. I brushed it with my finger and it opened, revealing a small Changeling device that sprung up and morphed into a funny looking little thing. It was really quite pretty. I put it on, deciding that if Mother didn't want me to wear it, I'd take it off, but I really wanted to keep it for some reason.

I got onto the transporter pad, and tried beaming down. But instead of feeling that light floating feeling, it felt extremely heavy and jumbled. I rematerialized with a crazy headache. But I wasn't at my home. I was in the middle of a long, crowded hallway. There were shops everywhere, and even more Bajorans. I didn't know much about where I was, but I knew I wasn't on my planet.

--+--

I wondered around for a bit, taking in everything. Some things seemed slightly familiar, but I had no idea where from.

And then all of the sudden, I saw it. Those doors. That room. These uniforms - I was on Deep Space Nine! But it couldn't be. That was in the Alpha Quadrant! And then I saw something that I couldn't believe was right there. In front of me: My father.

But no, it couldn't be. Even if I was on the station, my father was long gone from here! But I didn't have time to think about it before he started walking towards me briskly. I tried to hurry away before he caught me, but I felt a sudden firm hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned around, wincing at the sight of him. He was so real, so alive. I couldn't belive it.

"And who might you be, young lady? I haven't seen you around here before." he said suspiciously.

My mouth opened, but not to speak. I was awe-struck. This couldn't be happpening. It was impossible. But it WAS happening. "I... I-I... M-my name's L-Lai Ital." I cursed to myself for that answer. What was I thinking? Lai ITAL? I must've been insane!

Mizayo

Old 09-25-2011, 04:38 AM

Last one I've got presently. It was going to be the beginning to one of my more in-depth fanfictions, but I'm not so sure I'll use it anymore. But I might, you never know...

Prologue - The Tale of Two Cardassians

"So what you're saying, Doctor, is that it was all based off of this rediculous fictional character named James Bond?" Elim Garak sat with his best friend, the Doctor Julian Bashir, eating his lunch and trying to make sense of the disturbing predicament the two were in only just days ago. Trapped in a holosuite program, trying to keep the Defiant crew's physical bodies alive, all the while trying to stay alive themselves. During this awful time, Garak had learned that the Doctor, the man who he had sized up to be just a plain, simple doctor, had shot the Cardassian, proving that he was indeed not just a doctor. Garak did enjoy this imformation, true, but what he didn't enjoy was that he didn't already know this information. And what's worse, the Doctor seemed to think that being a spy was all about being sleek, sneaky, wealthy, flirtacious! As if it could be any farther from the truth.

The doctor nodded. "Of course. When we think of a spy, almost every human automatically goes to a wealthy charmer out on a secret mission to save the planet. And that image is undoubtably set by the old James Bond franchize. It was quite popular back in the day." Julian tried to explain how the human mind wrapped its thoughts around the word 'spy', but Garak just didn't seem to be getting it. The doctor finally gave up, deciding that the Cardassian heart of his friend would just not grasp the concept. He shrugged. "Ah, well, Garak. It's not that important. We all know real spies aren't like that. In fact, they're much more like you." Julian smiled at his friend, standing up after finishing his lunch.

"Doctor..." Garak's voice was a bit lower then usual, but when he saw Julian's smile, he knew the human was only joking. Partly. Garak was used to playfully dancing around the subject of his past, and Julian didn't seem to mind as much these days. The doctor had came to except that he would likely never know much about his friend, and didn't mistrust him. Garak stood along side Julian, shaking his hand. "Tomarrow?"

"Count on it."

--+--

"Captain, we're recieving a distress signal from Yutelum 3," Major Kira Nerys said uncertainly, at her station in Ops. When she said that, a small layer of confusion formed throughout the room.

Captain Benjamin Sisko seemed slighlty puzzled by the sudden tension, and had the intention of going on about business as usual. But one thing stood in the way - he didn't know what Yutelum 3 was. "Major, am I supposed to know that planet?" As he said that, the confusion in the room increased. Apparently, everyone else knew, but didn't want to say anything.

Kira paused before answering his question. She sighed. "Captain, Yutelum 3 is an ancient Cardassian colony, far, far away from Deep Space Nine." The Captain opened his mouth to speak, but Kira cut him off. "The problem isn't that it's Cardassian, Captain. It's that that colony's so old, and there hasn't been any contact for so long, that everyone just assumed they had died of something. People were sent down to look, but there wasn't anything there. No life signs of any kind. Another problem is that the colony is so far away, a message on that frequency would take months for anything from there to get here. Maybe even a year."

"So the message is a recording?"

"Yes."

"Onscreen. It might not be too late to help them, but I suppose it depends on what problem they're facing."

The screen blurped on. A cardassian, though barely looking like one, came on the screen. He had the markings of a cardassian, but they were so faded and smooth that they barely showed up. Instead, there were spots all down his face and neck, and he had extra marks on his forehead. He looked as if he was part Cardassian, part Trill, and part Klingon. But that didn't matter all that much. What matters is what he said: "Hello to whoever is reading this," He smiled brightly. "My name is Jodor Klept, and I am the leader of this colony. We know we have been very independant for generations, and that is why I am reluctant to send for aid now. But, you see, our replicators are broken beyond our abilities, and we only have enough natural food from the planet to last us about nine months. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send someone to help repair our replicators." He paused. "A genius, if possible." He laughed. The screen went blank.

"Nine months? They may still be alive, Captain." Leuitenant Commander Jadzia Dax commented on the recording.

"You may be right. How long would it take for us to make it there on the Defiant at maximum warp?"

"About a week and a half, Captain." Major Kira replied, looking straight into the humans eyes. "We might make it."

The Captain nodded, and the Defiant crew got up and started towards the elevator, but Garak stood in the way. "I heard that Yutelum 3 was still active. I would like to come along."

Sisko eyed the Cardassian suspiciously. He knew the alien too well to think he just 'wanted to go', right out of the blue. "And for whatever reason would you wish to go with us, Mr. Garak?"

"I'm simply curious, Captain. I would like to know all about my unknowing bretheran. It is said that they're so far away, been away for so long, are so secluded, that they haven't even heard of the Occupation. I would like to see how the Cardassians were by themselves." Garak said honostly.

The Captain seemed to contemplate the request for a moment. Then he sighed. "Alright Garak." Before the Cardassian said anything else, he spoke again. "But I'll have a security patrol on you at all times, do you understand?"

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of disobeying you, Captain, but very well. I won't object."

"Good."

And they were off.

Mizayo

Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Now here's another one that I had started after playing Mass Effect, but I realized that I had no idea what to do with it afterwards.

"Ugh..."

The boring evening sky bordered on sleep-worthy for the young drell. She sighed, bringing the woolly pad across her blade one more time before gently sheathing it. She rolled her head backwards and caught sight of dark purple markings. She smiled then, twisting around with a huge grin on her face. "You're back!" She lept up from her stool near the window and hopped giddily towards her turian partner-in-crime. Well, not crime, but she liked to say that.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and rubbed against the side of his face. Her arch almost caught his mandible, but she moved away before that could happen, as it had happened many times before. Her actions were merely a greeting, and though disappointing, her turian was willing to except he'd been friend-zoned.

The turian flashed a turian-type smile and growled playfully. "Of course. Wouldn't want to keep the beautiful Kai waiting too long." His smirk turned awkward quick when she gave him an odd eye.

She giggled at his awkwardness. Sighing, she said, "Nor I, you, brave Korik." She punched him in the arm playfully and nodded towards her blade. "Just finished polishing her. Would you like a fight?"

Korik sighed painfully and his eyes shown regret. "Sorry, sis, I can't. We've, uh, how should I say this...?" He looked sadly at his partner, and her black eyes grew saddened by the tone of his voice. She started to take a few steps back and hang her head when he spoke up. "We've got a job."

Her head flew up and she very nearly pounced on him in excitement. Her arms were flung around his neck again and she kissed his forehead. She squealed giddily and finally let go, leaving Korik a bit sad but still thrilled to see her so excited. She calmed down a bit after dancing around in a circle for a while, and asked, "Who for?"

Korik gave a small chuckle at her eagerness. "Some human waiting for an old friend to show up. We've got to guard something for him." He smirked devilishly. "We get to kill anyone who gets close."

Kai let out a low chuckle, which would scare anyone but Korik, and grew a smirk of her own. "I wonder how many bastards will die before the night's up?"

------

Although their demeanor was like ignorant, foolish children, they sure knew what they were doing. They were trained mercs, but flew solo - sort of. Besides themselves, that is.

Kai was... well, let's just say she's feisty. The young drell was twenty-one, and quite a young age for such a skilled warrior. Her beliefs leave her at a somewhat disadvantage when it came to ranged combat. She was trained in stealth and her strengths lie with an ancient weapon, called a blade. She uses her abilities to slink around and slash her victims throats or stab them through the back. But if she does find herself in a position where stealth is not an option, she has some talent with biotics and shielding.

As for Korik, he was more of a gun guy. He especially liked his modded shotguns, but was also good with sniping. If a turian had nothing, he had sniping. It was a stereotype lived up to. But other than guns, Korik was basically... a nervous guy with an awkward attitude. He was, by all rights, completely opposite of Kai.

And yet, the two were inseparable. They were stuck to each other like glue, and anyone with eyes could see it. Best friends and fierce partners, Korik and Kai were like brother and sister. Despite their cultural and, sometimes, biological differences, the two street fighters were almost made for each other. Two entirely different pieces from two entirely different puzzles, yet they fit together.

And if there was one thing they did best, it was protection.

So, as you can imagine, they believed there would be no problem tonight.

"Argh," Kai grumbled, uncomfortably shifting in her leather suit. Her and Korik had been standing in the same position for almost three hours. "I thought you said the group was supposed to come tonight..."

Korik mumbled something Kai couldn't hear before replying, "They were. You have to be patient, Kai. You should know this more than anyone, Miss Sneaky-Pants."

Kai huffed but smiled all the same. "It's not the pants that make me sneaky, silly. It's the jacket," she joked.

Korik couldn't help but laugh. "Ah. I see."

"I bet you do, hot stuff." Kai smirked and glanced in his direction to see a horrified and embarrassed expression. She laughed out loud, then ran her fingers around the edge or her arch - an act of nerves or uneasiness. She sighed, dropping her hand from her face and looked towards the door. "But seriously, Korik. I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Suddenly, gunfire could be heard from the room before. Screaming and shouting of military-like orders could be heard. Was this C-Sec? Why the hell would they be here?

But it wasn't C-Sec. After a moment or two, a small group of three barged into the room, and Kai and Korik drew their weapons in a split second, ready to fight the intruders. But their hesitance was evident - these people were not the kind of mercs the human had described. He said large groups with yellow, blue, white outfits... Not three people with... Alliance?

Kai was the first to speak up. "Who are you? You aren't mercs. Explain yourselves." Her voice was loud and commanding, full of authority. Anyone else and they would have shrunken away and obeyed immediately. But this... woman... she didn't even finch.

Her voice was also full of authority and power. "Stand down. We didn't come to fight, we came to recruit."

What? This time it was Korik who spoke up. "Recruit? Who? For what?"

The human - the woman - tilted her head up respectfully, and bright red lights beneath her brown skin flickered into sight. Cybernetics? "I'm Commander Shepard, the savior of the Citadel and the first human spectre. I'm on a dangerous mission to stop the collectors, and I need the best people for the team I'm building. My boss gave me a list. You two are on it."

The whole lot of information took the pair aback. "We're the best? Nobody even knows of us."

Shepard smiled at that, and it was as sinister as a homicidal turian. "We did."