Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Hikari looked outside and saw the Aether Storm in full blast.it was a bad one."well,we have time.by the look of it,that storm won't let up until tomorrow morning.alright,teach me." she said,determined."I want to read this book.but maybe first I can learn my name?"

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 AM

"I told, you, Remember?" he siad. "It mean's 'Shining' or 'Light' "He said. "If you want to learn how it's wrote, it's like this this "he said, and took a bit of rock. He then wrote on the ground " H...i...k...a...r...i "he wrote.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 AM

"of course I meant how to write it!" Hikari said indignantly."just because I can't read,doesn't make me forgetful." she added,then watched him write her name.taking the rock from him,she tried to recreate the letters he had writen-even though she didn't know what the letters were.it came out looking more like a scribble: Hikari looked at her attempt with disdain."it's horrible!" she said.

Andraus

Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM

"Actually, It's rather good. Most kid's can't even write that when they first start. As I said, we used to be taught from a Young age. "he said, then took her hand. "Now, Write it a bit slowly, not fast. "He said, and started helping her draw it, guiding her hand.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-17-2012, 04:44 AM

Hikari worked patiently,brow furrowed,tongue poking out from her lips just a tiny bit in concentration.over the course of an hour,he signature improved to the point where it was actually readable."ok,so that's my name.what are the letters in it?" she asked,never having learned the alphabet.

Andraus

Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 PM

He started teaching her the Alphabet, in the Nursery Ryhme, and in the Intellectual way. He wanted to make sure this was eaiser for her to understand, but tough enough to get her to pratice. By the Near End of the Storm, he had managed to teach her. "Okay, now I want you to start learning how to 'spell'. Learning the word's is one thing. Using them is another. Try and spell 'Cat' "

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 AM

"Cat,huh? Why would I want to spell that? Those things are dangerous!" Hikari said,her head hurting from all the things she had had to learn.The concept of the alphabet was still difficult to her,no matter how many times Joseph had tried to explained it.Hikari yawned."It's almost morning." She observed,though with all the clouds it was anyone's guess how she could tell."and I still don't know which letters are in my name."
((don't sy you taught her.you can't teach someone in one night.also,speaking as someone who is currently teaching a six-year-old to read,teaching the alphabet intellectually only makes things harder,not easier.always best to take it slow,one step at a time.))

Andraus

Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 AM

(Not for me. I taught my baby cousin the Alphabet a bit, a few year's back, and she got the Grasp of it almost Instantly. She still had trouble with it, but she still had alot of good Progress with it. True, teaching Intellectually make's it harder, but you think i'm going to waste Time on Nursery rhyme's with a 18 or older girl? Nope. Your Matured mind should Grasp it more easily then a child's)

"Let's get some rest. We can pick up we're we left off tomarrow. "He said, smiling "your making progress. i'm proud of you. "He said, patting her head. he then laid down.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 AM

Hikari nearly bit his hand,she hated haviing her head patted so much."but you didn't teach me the letters in my name!" she said crossly.truth be told,even though she was a bit tired,Hikari was used to going at least a few days without sleep.it would be impossible for her to rest now,with dawn so close."huh.well you can waste time sleeping if you want to,but I'm going hunting.there's only a few hours before the animals displaced in the storm find new shelter." she said,standing up and stretching.
((whatever you say.but it's still not your decision to make how fast she learns,or if she learns anything.you ought to know by now that it's not that easy roleplaying with me.))

Andraus

Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 PM

He reached in too his side, and handed her his pistol "take this. It's in the best condition it can be, so it should be good for hunting. "he said, then fell asleep.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 AM

Hikari just raised an eyebrow at the device,examined it,and put it in her pocket.then she went out hunting.by the time she got back,it was well into daylight hours,and she had three huge rabbits strung up on a line."you awake yet,sleepyhead?"

Andraus

Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 AM

He was Tending a Small Tree, which had Ripe yellow fruit growing from the top. "-whistle a tuneless song- oh, hey. Yea, I'm awake, just tending this Banana tree. Wanna try one?" he asked.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 AM

Hikari dropped the rabbits near the fire pit from the night before,and knelt beside the tree."What's this? A banana? is that some kind of food?" she asked,intrigued.

Andraus

Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 AM

He Plucked one from the Tree, and took the Peal off it. He then offered a Piece to her. "It's quite Bitter sweet, but it help's build Potassium. "he said. He was alreadying eating the rest of it.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-19-2012, 04:36 AM

Hikari took the fruit,examining it before bringing it near her mouth.then she sniffed it.once she was sure it was ok,she opened her mouth and took a bite.as she chewed,her face changed from skeptical to amazed."wow!" she swallowed."oh,wow! it's great! these will be great with the rabbit I caught! where did you get these?" she asked,taking another bite.

Andraus

Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 AM

"They used to Grow in bushel's on tree's like this - "he pat the tree behind him. "Back before the war, on Tropical Island's. They were used with Cerial, Salad's, the work's. Some Even used the Essencse of One as a Sort of 'Seasoning'. "he said. He then held up the Banana peal. "these were used as a Comedy Gag. You could probably use them as a trap. "he placed one down, and got up. He walked on it, slipped, and fell on his back.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-19-2012, 06:22 AM

out of everything he said,Hikari seemed to focus on the last bit the most."a trap! and a good one,too! perhaps it was comedy for you,but people now will have never seen it before.they won't know what to look for,or how to avoid it.and the most genius part is that it's so simple! we must keep these around in case of trouble-I for one can't wait to try it out!" she said,examining one of the peels.Hikari was clearly a born hunter and warrior,though her appearance would never show it."well,let's clean out these rabbits and dry the meat so it will last,then we can eat as we walk.we're behind schedule,now."

Andraus

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM

He shrugged, and handed the peal too her. He then started Skinning the Rabbit's, using a Make-shift knife made out of rock.

(sorry it's short)

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 AM

((meh))
Hikari packed the peels and began cleaning out the rabbits that Joseph had skinned,cutting all the usable meat into strips,packing any other usable parts,and setting the strips of meat on sticks to dry out over the fire."it will take about an hour for these to dry out sufficiantly.actually,getting it perfect takes much longer,but we're on a tight schedule and we'll definitely finish this before it goes bad.whatever does go bad,we throw to the side for scavengers,which will eat it and grow strong.they will reproduce and repopulate,and through the circle of life,there will be more hunting for us.as long as we waste nothing,and never take more than we need,there will always be enough." she said,the last scentence sounding as if she was quoting someone.

Andraus

Old 10-20-2012, 04:24 AM

"Hm....I know I read that Speech from somewhere. "He said. He the ate the Last banana, and waited for the Rabbit's too cook. He wanted to leave now, but he needed This hunter's help, even if he didn't trust her. She tried to kill him, now she was helping him. Bi-poler much?

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-20-2012, 05:12 AM

((it's not an actual quote,I made it up.))
"my father used to tell me that.he made it up,to teach me never to waste." Hikari said,using a stick to scratch out the letter A in the dirt."while we wait,can you show me which letters are in my name now?"

Andraus

Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 AM

He took his rock, and Started Righting. "H.......This is the First letter of your name "he said, sounding out the word. "I.......k....a....r.....I "he wrote, sounding them out.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-20-2012, 06:51 AM

"H...I...K.............A...R..I Hikari." the girl repeated,writing the letters out with her stick."H-I-K-A-R-I.I'll remember,those are my name letters."

Andraus

Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 AM

He Soon began eating his rabbit, throwing bit's of Fat and Tough piece's on the ground for scavenger's. Once he finished, he started gathering up his stuff, for a quick Departure.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 AM

Hikari packed up all the dried meat,keeping one piece out for herself to chew on,and stood up."ready to go?" she asked,already starting off down the road.