Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Cody Lanette breathed a sigh as she stopped her black S-10 truck int the schools parking lot. Shifting it into park and cutting the engine she leaned back into the seat. "Grandmother what am I doing here? Why did we think this was a good idea?" Cody nibbled on her lower lip.

She sat there for about 10 minutes until she worked up enough courage to grab her back pack and suitcase from the back of the cab and head into the school. Her flowing gothic dress trailed behind her as she found a school map and headed up to her dorm.

After settling in and fixing herself up, she followed her map to the cafeteria. Freezing when she opened the cafeteria doors and saw other students. Swallowing hard, she skirted to the coffee makers and grabbed herself a cup and a muffin. Terrified, she almost spilled her cup on her dress as she made her way to a shadowy corner. Cody noticed that a few of them had shifted themselves out of view. The tips of her red hair and the edges of her body started turning black as she slowly and unconsciously melted into the shadows of her corner. She sipped her coffee and picked at her muffin as she studied the people in the cafeteria.

Cody was intrigued by the animals. She always did love animals, dogs, cats, she noticed there was a stable for horses. Maybe there was a pet store in the village where she could find a companion. Animals didn't freak her out, people did.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:16 AM

"You're soft." Izzy petted her "Mom wouldn't let me have a cat and I didn't dare with star around but somehow how my raccoon hasn't been eaten by my sisters fox. Somehow." she smiled "That's my sister." she pointed to her sister who was petting Star.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 AM

Rosemary smiled. "Maybe talking raccoons are less appetizing to foxes?" She suggested, relaxed enough to take a bite of her food. "Your sister seems pretty comfortable. Is she a returning student?" She asked. Viperstrike purred loudly and arched her back, enjoying the attention. Rosemary chuckled. "She likes you."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 02:34 PM

Bridget finished washing down the stallion and finally led him back to his stall. She settled him in again, checking his water bucket and making sure he had some hay to eat. Finally there was nothing left to do and it was time to stop stalling and return to the school.

"I guess I better head back up there and try to get used to being around people again," she said to the stallion with a sigh. He nickered softly, nuzzling her check and play with a strand of her hair with his lips. "I love you too big guy." She rubbed up under his forelock, trying to put off her return as long as possible.

Bellisario finally gave her a nudge, pushing her towards the stall door. "I know, time to head back to humanity," Bridget muttered. She gave the stallion one final hug before leaving the stall and then the stables. She decided to stop at the cafeteria again. She had seen coffee makers when she had first come in and she could definitely use a cup.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Cody pulled herself out of the shadows, her skin returning to its usual pallor and her hair returning to its vibrant red. She was never going to belong at this rate, she actually had to interact with someone. Cody breathed slowly. The group with the fox and racoon seemed sweet and lively. There were two men in the room as well. One happily eating and one attempting to hide in shadows.
It always amused Cody when people did that, no one understands that if you fall too deep into the shadows, its very hard to find your way out....

She pulled her hair out of it's ponytail, letting the waves fall down her back as she stood up. Grabbing her empty coffee cup she headed back to the makers an saw a girl come in and head towards the coffee makers.

She took a deep breath and hoped her lips had a sweet smile. She started to pour herself a cup. "Hi, I'm Cody Lane. I just started here." She softly extended an invitation for the girl to converse with her.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 AM

Izzy smiled "Yeah my onii-chan is a freshman in college she's been going to the school since she was old enough." she petted Viperstrike. "I'm in my first year and will be here threw collage."

BloodyKnight
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2013, 01:04 AM

Ace shifted in the shadows as he slowly ate his food. When he noticed a female slip into the dark as well it made him feel a bit nervous and he ended up shifting even deeper into the darkness. As soon as he finished his food he was quick to get out of that place. He knew he didn't fit in all all so after tossing his trash and handing in the tray he made and escape through the doors that lead outside. Fresh air and a nice breeze comforted him most of all, so he took in deep breaths to ease his panic.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 AM

Bridget startled a bit to here some one talking to her. She looked at the pretty redhead in her black gown and noticed the sweet, kind smile. She set her coffee down on the counter carefully, not wanting to spill it on herself with hands now unsteady from nerves.

She cleared her throat and spoke, the words coming out softly. "My name is Bridget; I am new here too." She caught movement out of her peripheral vision and turned to see that guy that had been in the cafeteria when she arrived, leave. She felt his nervousness and rising panic and hoped that the outside air soothed him like it did her.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 AM

Rosemary nodded. "I'm a freshman in college. I'll be here through the end of that." She said. Viperstrike purred even louder, settling in to be petted for a while. Cobrafang, feeling neglected, jumped up onto Rosemary's lap and begged. She started petting him, which made him purr, so that the two cats were purring in surround sound.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 PM

Cody noticed that Bridget set down her mug. 'Her hands are shaking...' she thought as she tried to will her feet to stop turning black within the shadows of her dress. "It's a pleasure to meet you Bridget. I was hoping to make a few friends, but to be honest, as much as I wanted to join them, the group of girls with their pets seemed a bit intimidating. I'm not very good when it comes to social interactions." Cody gave a sheepish smile as she twisted her hands in the pick-ups of her dress.

"Those cats just seem soo adorable, as does the wolf and raccoon... do you have a pet Bridget?"

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 PM

Bridget smiled again when the other girl admitted being uncomfortable in social situations. Maybe they could help each other out; this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. She snapped out of her thoughts in time to hear the girl's question about a pet.

"I um have a horse," she admitted softly. "I actually just finished riding him; I probably smell like horse. Sorry." She felt a little calmer and reached for her coffee again. She lifted the cup to her mouth and tried it before, putting more sugar and creamer in it. She tried it again and decided it was good. "Did you want to sit somewhere or something?" She asked softly still not used to talking to people. It should be any different than talking to Bellisario but it some how was.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 PM

Cody's eyes brightened. "A horse? Really. Oh I love horses! They always seem so majestic and royal and proud." she gushed a little. "I think every little girl wants a horse as a child, but oh did I ever beg grandmother for one." She caught herself, biting her lower lip. "Sorry." her face flushed with embarrassment. Grandmother would've smacked her hand for talking on like that.

Refilling her coffee cup, Cody took a sip of it black. "Sure, do you mind if we sit away from the windows? I prefer shadows to be honest..." She was worried that she would unconsciously sink into a shadow, but it was better than not having an escape if this experience got to be too much.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM

Bridget found herself smiling, a real, full smile as the girl rambled on about horses. Maybe she would actually have a friend here. Perhaps they could even get one of the school horses for Cody and go riding together. "Shadows are fine,"Bridget said, answering Cody's question.

"I think I read somewhere in the brochure that the school has horses for students to use," she mentioned as they sat down at a table in the shadows. She knew that putting the girl on Bellisario wasn't an option. She knew and understood that he was a one person horse. She had seen people try to steal him before and watched him throw them.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 PM

Izzy smiled "You and Onni-chan are in the same year that's great maybe you two will be friends." "Izzy would you like to walk around." Athena said walking up to the table Star close behind her. "oh I'm sorry you were talking." she smiled at Rosemary "I suppose my sister told you my name but I'm Athena Archer it's nice to meet you." she held her hand out.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 AM

Rosemary looked up at the girl, who was apparently her own age, and smiled shyly. "Rosemary Brennan, nice to meet you." She said quietly. Cobrafang meowed impatiently, upset that she had stopped petting him. "This is Cobrafang, and that's his twin sister Viperstrike. Hush, you two!" She reprimanded as both cats took notice of the fox and started hissing.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Cody tucked her legs beneath her bottom on the chair. "umm, maybe. Truth is, I've never even been near a horse... or most animals actually... Or people...." her voice trailed off to a whisper. Cody took a drink of her coffee.

The little girl was going around introducing herself... Why was that so difficult for Cody. If a little girl can do it, why not an 18 year old. "So what grade are you in Bridget, and what made you decide to come to this school?"

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 PM

"I'm a freshman," Bridget answered softly. She was quiet for a few moments before continuing. "I guess I came here cause I didn't have anything to loose. If it doesn't work out I will take off again." She shrugged, her eyes following the young girl Izzy as she went bouncing around introducing herself to everybody.

Bridget wondered why it was so hard for her to let down her defenses and let people get close to her. Perhaps it was because she was so used to keeping people at bay so they didn't find out about her abilities or so she didn't have to experience their emotions. Sometime it was almost crippling experiencing all those emotions. She really hated the curse of her abilities sometimes.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 PM

The fox watched them clearly bored and glancing only briefly at the cats. "Do you want to walk around with us?" Athena asked "I want to show my sister around."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 AM

Rosemary smiled shyly. "S-sure. I mean, it's my first year here as well, so it would be helpful to get to know the place." She said, blushing. "Cobra, Viper, stop it now! The fox is not going to hurt you." She commanded. Both cats stopped hissing instantly and retreated to her side as she stood up. "I'm sorry about them. They're always so jumpy."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM

"Of course." Athena smiled taking her sisters hand as Ariel jumped onto Stars back. "Lets head out then."

Last edited by finx15; 10-17-2013 at 07:13 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 AM

Rosemary walked with the two girls, one cat on either side of her as she went. "Is it really nice here? And...would you mind showing me the stables? I'll be working there on weekends to pay for my scholarship." She said, slightly embarrassed.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:56 PM

"Sure we'll start there." Athena lead the way swinging her sisters hand gentle as they walked towards the stables. "Here we are the stable."

Last edited by finx15; 10-22-2013 at 04:49 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-19-2013, 02:52 AM

((Finx...your posts are too short. Wolfie's got nothing to reply to! She usually doesn't mind, but she just can't make a post from that...))

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Bellisario paced around his stall, snorting at all the new smells and sounds. He knew that this was what his mistress needed but he didn't care for all the people walking by or being locked up in this stall. He would do his best to be okay with it, since his mistress needed to be here. He pawed at the bedding of his stall and snorted as another person walked by.

(Sorry just had the dying urge to write and my character is kind of busy at the moment. Might add another character.)

BloodyKnight
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 PM

After recollecting himself, Ace wondered around outside. He liked it so much better out here in the fresh air. There were no walls to trap him and out here he felt like he could clear his head much quicker. After taking a small adventure around Ace had made his way back to the front of the school. With one last breath, he took it all in and walked up the stairs and back inside. He kept reminding himself that this was a fresh start, and these people were like him. They had no reason to torment him for being out of place, or at least that's all he could hope for. His eyes scanned the halls as he looked for anyone he could try talking to.