*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 AM

Four days before my birthday, I might add.

anyways, I made this thread for die-hard evanescence fans. I've spent the last few years while evanescence was developing to wonder what new turns the band might take. I read up not long ago the new material would be more dance-ish, but a lot of the songs are old evanescence plus a little bif of new evanescence.

I know a lot of people will say that old evanescence if better, and that they're trying to hard to be all popular and shizz but honestly I have to admire the risks they took on this album to try and make a new, original evanescence. At this point, it doesn't matter really what they were like back when, as long as the music still sings to you.

I'm going to link the new single, and you guys give me you opinion on it. No stress, be honest!

~lolita

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM

New and original? Last I heard, Evan has sounded more generic with every album as I've followed the new stuff. I remember one sounding exactly like Lacuna Coil with a different singer. Regardless, I guess the deciding point is on the 11th. If they don't pull anything out of their hat in there, I've lost all hope.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
New and original? Last I heard, Evan has sounded more generic with every album as I've followed the new stuff. I remember one sounding exactly like Lacuna Coil with a different singer. Regardless, I guess the deciding point is on the 11th. If they don't pull anything out of their hat in there, I've lost all hope.

The issue i find with that is the fact that everytime some band comes out with something different from their old style, people want to comparte it to other bands rather than just listening to the music.