Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM

What is this?
Like many people, I love to listen to music! At all most all time's I have something playing
in the background. Out of boredom I've decided to start a play list of sorts where I share my favorite
tracks to you kind readers.
How does it work?
Well I'll be sharing YouTube videos from the official music video or of just the song, you know its
just a picture with music playing. As I go I'll keep a easy artist organized list in this thread.
New artists go at the bottom. This way anyone can listen and enjoy easily rather then me just
posting the name
and artist and people *may* look it up. Please suggest music you like! I'm all ways interested
in new music, I credit songs I really like to people who showed them to me!
What about vulgar/swearing/what ever else music?
I don't usually listen to a massive amount of Menewsha no-no lyrics. But if the songs has anything
iffy I am aware of I'll put a notice on it.

So what am I supposed to do?
Anything you want! Please follow Menewsha ToS of course but you are completely welcome to spam
my play list thread with evil unicorn eating bunnies! I'd love a shout out though, share your own
favorites, talk about music in general, tell me you hate my music tastes, or inform me I'm a fantastically
evil pumpkin head kitty. What ever please join in the fun.
Shouldn't you be buying this music?
In most cases I have! I actually don't download music because I love album art! I'd much rather buy
the physical CD and listen to it in my car. My daily life involves a lot of driving and I hate our
terrible radio stations. :feesh: And no I don't have satellite radio, I have considered it but I donno.
I like using YouTube to find new music I enjoy and then if possible I try to track down the CD.
All right I get it, now show me some cool tunes.
I'm working on it I'm working on it! :yumeh1:

Song of The Now

A kick ass tune

Music

Click to expand listX

La Roux - Tigerlily
La Roux - Bulletproof / Zinc Remix
La Roux - Bulletproof / Tiborg Club Remix *Long intro, amazing song*
La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy / Nero Remix

Pzychobitch - Maschinerie

Imogen Heap - Spooky
Imogen Heap - Canvas *Shot by Tom Kelly*
Imogen Heap - Aha!
Imogen Heap - Headlock
Frou Frou - Psychobabble *A great fan video mix*

Calvin Harris - Ready For the Weekend
Calvin Harris - Flashback
Calvin Harris - Colours
Calvin Harris - Acceptable In The 80s
Calvin Harris - I´m Not Alone
Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas / Calvin Harris Remix
Calvin Harris I'm Not Alone / DEADMAU5 Remix

The Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches
The Bloc Party - Prayer
30 Seconds To Mars - Stranger in a Strange Land

Lily Allen - Smile ***Parental Advisory***
Lily Allen - 22
Lily Allen - Everybody's Changing
Lily Allen - Friday Night
Lily Allen - The Fear
Lily Allen - Everything's Just Wonderful
Lily Allen - Fag Hag***Parental Advisory***

Metric - Combat Baby
Metric - All Yours
Metric - Help I'm Alive
Metric - Dead Disco
Metric - Rock Me Now
Metric - Monster Hospital
Metric - Monster Hospital / MSTRKRFT remix

Natalie Walker - Quicksand Stuhr Mix
Natalie Walker - Circles
Natalie Walker - Hypnotize

Garbage - Push it
Garbage - Cherry Lips
Garbage - Queer ***Parental Advisory*** I don't know, it's a gray area.
Garbage - Androgyny
The Cardigans - My Favorite Game [Uncensored]
Feist - Mushaboom
Feist - 1234 Not official video, I don't like the echo.
Feist - My Moon My Man
Feist - I Feel It All
Feist - Inside and Out

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish / Unicorn Kid Remix
Gorillaz - Stylo

Daft Punk - Around The World
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Mika - Grace Kelly
Mika - Relax Take It Easy

Electric Light Orchestra - Mr Blue Sky

Paramore - Fences
Paramore - Decode
Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer

Ayria - My Revenge On The World
Ayria - 1000 Transmissions
Ayria - The Gun Song

Portishead - Machine Gun
Robzords - "Electro-Step" Mix
Grum - Heartbeats
Grum - Sound Reaction (Original Mix)
Revolte - Ironical Sexism / Grum Remix
Grum - Runaway / Super Mal Remix
Super Mal - Bigger Than Big (Bag Raiders Remix)
DJ Spook - Watch Them Fall Down ** Thank you TheDesireMistress **
MGMT - Electric Feel
MGMT - Weekend Wars
MGMT - Electric Feel / Justice Remix
Nine Inch Nails - Closer ***Parental Advisory***
Korn - Alone I Break ***Parental Advisory***
Marilyn Manson - You Spin Me Right Round ***Parental Advisory*** (Of course, it's Manson)
Porcelain And The Tramps - Fuck Like A Star ****Parental Advisory****
3OH!3 - STARSTRUKK ft. Katy Perry (What it's catchy! And Katy is hot lol)
Panic! At The Disco - Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
Muse - Plug In Baby
Laura Izibor - Shine ** Thank you Siri **
Sia - The Fight (from We Are Born) ** Thank you Siri **
Diane Birch - Valentino ** Thank you Siri **
Ladyhawke - Dusk Till Dawn ** Thank you Siri **
VV Brown - Shark In The Water (Louis La Roche Remix) ** Thank you Siri **
Diana Vickers - You'll Never Get To Heaven** Thank you Siri **
PPK - Resurrection
Plummet - Damaged
OceanLab - On A Good Day *Ashleigh Tritton's winning video, video filmed in Vancouver Canada*
OceanLab - Satellite
Dash Berlin - Till The Sky Falls Down

A Perfect Circle - Blue
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies
A Perfect Circle - Annihilation

Iio - Rapture
Iio - Runaway
Iio - Kiss You (Remix)

Hans Zimmer - Discombobulate // Sherlock Holmes Score
André Rieu - Oh Fortuna ** Thank you Sforzando **
Bond - Allegretto ** Thank you Sforzando **
Queen - Somebody to Love ** Thank you Sforzando **
Boom Boom Ba - Metisse ** Special thank you Sforzando **
Hellogoodbye - Baby It's Fact ** Thank you Sforzando **
Nujabes - Letter From Yokosuka
Treasure Fingers - Cross The Dancefloor / Designer Drugs Rmx
Mini Viva - Tokyo / Treasure Fingers Remix
Erin McCarley - Love, Save The Empty
Influx Uk - Shine / Nero Remix
Booty Luv - Say It / Nero RemiX

Nero - This Way
Nero - Requiem

Emancipator - Soon It will Be Cold Enough to Build Fires
The Streets - Blinded by the Lights / Nero remix
DJ Fresh - Hypercaine /Nero Remix
Enter Shikari - Juggernauts / Nero Remix
Boris Dlugosch - Bangkok (Original Mix)
DJ Mason - Exceeder

deadmau5 - Some Chords
deadmau5 ft Rob Swire - Ghosts 'n' Stuff

Kaskade & deadmau5 - Move For Me
Justice - D.A.N.C.E. / Mstrkrft Remix
Lady GaGa - Alejandro / Skrillex Club Mix
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch / Invol2ver Remix
Nico Vega - So So Fresh ** Thank you Casiana **
Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk" Acoustic ** Thank you Cicadetta **
Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love ** Thank you Woody! **
Kate Nash - Mouthwash - Official Music Video
Tiga - You Gonna Want Me
Cyndi Lauper Rocking Chair
Modest Mouse - Dashboard
KT Tunstall - Fade Like A Shadow ** Thank you Cicadetta **
Mr Hudson - Supernova ft. Kanye West ** Vexatious~Venom has "Bedazzled" Soda with the neat effects in this video **
Praveen - Slip Slop g ** Thank you the_paper_crane **
Brazilian Girls - Good Time (Diplo Remix)
MGMT - Time To Pretend (Diplo Remix)
Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body (Skrillex Remix)
Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Solar Stone Chill out Mix)
Crystal Castles - Baptism
Crystal Castles - Suffocation
Pap Smear - Crystal Castles
Do You Wanna - Nero
D.A.N.C.E - Justice // Eli & Diplo Remix
Seemingly Sleepy - Deep House / Late Night Alumni
The Whistlerz - Claude Vonstroke / Diplo remix
Imogen Heap - Hide and seek // Afrojack remix
Diplo - Way more Brazil

Note from Soda
Please join in the conversation, share you're favorites, chat with me! What ever. :) This thread is very much open to being used as a hang out thread, it's ok to get off topic. Relax and enjoy. :yumeh1:

Last edited by Soda; 11-23-2010 at 11:50 PM..

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 AM

Hi there, my name is Soda, and I am a music addict.

What is MMN?
This is here to inform you, recruit you, and enslave you to the MMN! Oh maybe enslave is a little strong. But you get the idea. The MMN, Menewshan Music Network, is our affiliation program dedicated to any music related thread on the site and/or Menewshan's who love their music.
In the spoiler bar bellow I have placed the free to use MMN logo's for anyone wanting to become our awesome affiliate. I have provided with a base colour palate to choose from, for use in your own personalized MMN affiliate banner. MMN Affiliation banners must be 350x110 in size. You are free to adjust the colour of the logo to fit better with your personal banner.

Get a free logo!X

Don't have your own banner/music thread?
That's ok! Declare your passion with a pre made banner/signature! They're actually pretty stylish. Anyone is free to use these, and we'd be very excited to see you wearing it proudly! By default I have set up the code to link to this post explaining what MMN is, but you are free to customize the link to send it to your own destination.

Join MMN!X

You guys get two different sizes to pick from. Reminded thread affiliates must be 350x110 though.

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1767836487#post1767836487"][IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Nitatasun/MMN/FreeMMNbanner1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1767836487#post1767836487"][IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Nitatasun/MMN/FreeMMNbanner2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1767836487#post1767836487"][IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Nitatasun/MMN/FreeMMNbanner3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1767836487#post1767836487"][IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Nitatasun/MMN/FreeMMNbanner4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Make it official
Let me know by posting here or sending me a PM that you've joined us! That way I can update the affiliates code and let the other members know about our new comrade. I will send out the bbc code through PMs. We'll try to add you to our listings as soon as possible.
MMN Members

Hope you join us, we really appreciate the support!

Last edited by Soda; 09-06-2010 at 01:05 AM..

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Wonderful! I'll be sure to check these all out, I'm just running out of the house though. This first one seems really cool though! :)

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 PM

I am loving how you have two Calvin Harris songs on there. I epically love him <3

You should try 'You Used To Hold Me' that song is a brilliant one of Calvin's. As is 'Stars Come Out'

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-16-2010, 10:48 PM

Ah vex, I have all his albums! Its very difficult to not fill that entire list with Calvin. Right now I'm trying to get a variety of artists before I fill it up with a bunch from one bands. ^_^

Woot Calvin harris!

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-17-2010, 12:01 AM

I love 'You Used To Hold Me'. That one is probably my favorite of his. :D

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM

ooo you have such great taste in music i should make a list of some music to you though its probably going to be a large list XD

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 AM

@DesireMistress: I'd like to see your list. :)

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-17-2010, 03:57 PM

I'd love to see this list too. Please everyone is welcome to add awesome music to share! ^^

I shall be updating tonight with more musics as well.

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 07-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Mika, FTW!

So we can post any of our music, or just stuff similar to yours?

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Anything you like, I'm totally open to listening to new music! Please share

Edit : I've incorporated recommended tunes that I really liked into the list. thank you Siri and Desi

Last edited by Soda; 07-18-2010 at 01:41 AM..

Sforzando

Old 07-18-2010, 02:54 AM

Alright. There's going to be very few things similar to those on your list, though. A few classical.

Mika, RedOne - Kick Ass (We Are Young)
Ysgol Glanaethwy: Circle of Life--Lawst Choir Standing
O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)--Andre Rieu
Glee Cast--Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
I Don't Know, Let's Sing--Jennifer Chung
I Say A Little Prayer--Aretha
Hello Goodbye--The Beatles
The Lion Sleeps Tonight--The Tokens
Allegretto--Bond
The Humans Are Dead--Flight of the Conchords (This one has a little bit of dialogue at the beginning)
Somebody to Love--Queen
Boom Boom Ba--Metisse
Hallelujah--Jeff Buckley
Baby It's Fact--Hellogoodbye

Ok. I'm gonna stop there. I've probably already put too much on here.

Last edited by Sforzando; 07-18-2010 at 03:34 AM..

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2010, 04:21 AM

@Soda: I'm so surprised to find someone who loves Heartbeats by Grum. It's such a good song. :drool:
I was obsessed with it for a while, but I forgot about it until I listened to it here.

@Sforzando: O Fortuna is amazing! ;D
I haven't heard that since someone made a music video to FF8 with it. :sweat:
Yes, I'm a dork--sorry. xD;

Sforzando

Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM

Siri, I actually started listening to O Fortuna because in a Glee episode, they used the beginning of it like 5 times when Sue got mad, and my choir teacher felt the need to point it out every time. I'm pretty sure he's probably seen the FF8 video of it. He's a gamer. But, I really like the loud, classical music in foreign languages. I was almost tempted to put a little bit of Verdi's Requiem on my list, but I refrained.

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM

@Sforzando I started going through your music + editing the list but then the browser crashed.. So I have to do it again. But I'd like to pass on my comment now! I could see you like choirs and the show Glee (and you just said it) all though those things aren't all ways on my list I do have a big soft spot for the orchestral/classic side of things. I'm a big movie person and I all most all ways go check out the Original Sound Tracks from movies and movies normally include that sort of music. I like Hans Zimmer the most.

Anyways I liked most of your list, and a huge thanks to posting Boom Boom Ba, I was soo obsessed with that song when I saw it in the Dead Like Me movie. I freaking love it! Really liked O Fortuna, never knew the name till now..

@Siri - I completely know the AMV you're talking about. >.> I am all so a dork! All so I'm a pretty big fan of Grum, I'm going to be filling the list a bit with more duplicate artists. I tend to like everything a artist puts out if I really like them so.. I'll refrain from posting every Calvin Harris, Lily Allen, and Grum track I can think of haha! Maybe I should have a mini list "I like every album ever released by these guys" xP

*coughs* Ok I'm going to re-do updating the list after I play my wii for a while. ^_^ New things coming soon.

Last edited by Soda; 07-18-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Sforzando

Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

I've never seen the Dead Like Me movie, but I do watch it on TV all the time. I really love Boom Boom Ba. And yes, I'm big into choir and Glee. I even had a solo when we sang the Glee version of Somebody to Love for my last choir concert.

O Fortuna just seems to....I'm not sure if it's the right word, but I'm gonna go with epic. It definitely seems epic to me. Or intense. Maybe passionate. I think those would all work.

I love Hans Zimmer, but right now all I can think about of his is the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. What others has he done?

And may I post one more video? You said you like classical/orchestral, so I think you might like the Tuba Mirum from Verdi's Requiem. It's got four trumpets onstage, and four trumpets offstage that do this kind of...back and forth echoing thing. It gives me goosebumps.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 AM

@Soda: Haha, it's awesome that you know what FF8 music video I'm talking about. But maybe we're not such dorks--I mean, years ago, there were only about a hundred good AMVs out there. Now there's so many for every show because windows movie maker made it so easy for people to put them together.

I'm looking forward to seeing your updated list. :)

@Sforzando: I hate Glee with a passion, but I do like the music from the show. I never realized that they played the beginning of O Fortuna when Sue got mad. Hehe, speaking of Sue, I've been obsessed with her cover of Physical lately. It's all that I've been listening too. She was really good in the Madonna episode as well. x)

Also, Hans Zimmer did the music from Gladiator :heart:, Lion King and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Of course, there's a ton of other ones, but those are the only ones that I listen to regularly.

@Everyone: Does anyone listening to New Age music here? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who loves that stuff.

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-19-2010, 12:50 AM

@Sforzando Of course post away. No need to hold back, it's good to share our interests with others. ^^

Mmm Hans Zimmer, the big one I'm thinking of is the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Discombobulate is my favorite from that movie (maybe I should be posting some of the osts.. lol) What else.. He worked on Gladiator, Lion King 2, The Prince of Egypt, Road to Eldorado, Black Hawk Dawn, Pearl Harbor, The Last Samurai, Madagascar.. Yeah he's done tonnes.

@Siri - Mmm good old AMVs, I used to use them to find new music I liked lol. I'm slowly updating piece by piece now lol. What is New Age music?

I've never watched Glee but I'm told you either love it or you hate it. It looks pretty funny but I doubt I'd watch it if you know what I mean. Like I said I'm a movie person, I don't watch the TV.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 AM

@Soda: New Age music is ... sort of like classical music. It's experimental.
Haha, I'm having a lot of trouble describing it, but some examples of New Age music are Yanni, Enya, Enigma, Celtic Woman and Deep Forest.

And you're right about Glee. My friend loves it, but I can't stand it (and she's made me watch every episode!) :gonk:
I don't know anyone who thinks Glee is just 'alright'.

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 AM

Sweet! I'll check it out once I'm done this massive update haha. It's fun though. *dances to music*

----------

There we go, loads of new songs, added a spoiler tag for the list so it doesn't look insane.. Though maybe I picked a good thread name. Tell me what you like, what you don't like.. And I'm eager for more from you guys. ^^

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 AM

I don't really feel like listening to music right now, so I'll comment on the songs I haven't heard later. But I really love iiO and OceanLab. iiO is pronounced 'Eye-Oh' and if you love that group, you should listen to Nadia Ali. She's the singer from iiO and recently released a solo album. It's amazing! ;D

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-19-2010, 03:57 AM

Ooh I will definitely check that out. Do you think the new-ish organization works?

Sforzando

Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 AM

Siri: It was only one episode that they used O Fortuna for Sue.

And, randomly, I found out today that Zimmer did some of the music for Johnny English.

Anyway, the other video is:

Verdi--Tuba Mirum Spargens Sonum
And one more:
Verdi--Dies Irae Ok, this second one I'm posting because the conductor makes me laugh.

I really love Verdi's Requiem.

Around the World--ATC

Last edited by Sforzando; 07-19-2010 at 04:48 AM..

Soda
Sodipop

Old 07-19-2010, 04:55 AM

Lol atc x3 That song seems so old now. Nostalgic! Thanks Sforzando, I liked them!

And your right, that second video gave me a good laugh. Hahaha...

Last edited by Soda; 07-19-2010 at 04:57 AM..