Heartful_Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Has anyone listened to a disney song in another language?
I think some are quite catchy and interesting!
Like this one!

It's in japanese and it's pretty catchy.

I haven't looked for spanish or french or anything like that o.O
What do you guys think?

Sunshiney
Things have come to freely pass

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM

Here's a multilanguage video of "We Are One" from the Lion King. I listened to the full versions of all of them, and the Norwegian and Italian versions are my favourite. Ah, but sorry for it being a Hetalia video, since you probably aren't a fan of Hetalia...xD Just enjoy the music.

Edit: I completely forgot I know of the Swedish version of "Strangers like me"!

Here it is for you to enjoy to your heart's content. :)

Last edited by Sunshiney; 08-16-2011 at 10:22 AM..

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM

LOL, that's so cuteeee!
although I can't help but think, Japanese voices don't suit Disney characters so well. o 3o;
(But maybe it's because I grew up with the originals. x3)
Anyway, I have heard some before; when I'd steal my sisters iPod to listen I'd play them.
She had a whole bunch of them; my favourite being Aladdin's : A Whole New World <333

Aladdin sounds hot in all languages, doesn't he? OTL
LOL. And then there was also one from Beauty and the Beast.
I can't remember what it was called though.~

Heartful_Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-17-2011, 12:52 AM

@Sunshiney - Ooooh I'll watch them when I get the chance! They sound like they would be interesting *nods*
I love both of those songs in english so I'm sure they'll be great xD

@Haru - Yay! I love that Aladdin song in japanese! It's very pretty!
And I agree, sometimes the voices don't match, but it's fun to listen too! <3

luci_in_the_sky
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-20-2011, 12:06 AM

I LOVE listening to Disney songs in other languages! I also love listening to Anastasia's song in other languages ( since Anastasia wasn't Disney =P ). I actually sing along with them. ^.^; I have the German version of "Once Upon a December" lyrics on my phone. Haha. I loved Sleeping Beauty's Once upon a Dream in Japanese though. So cute. I always loved that song anyway though. =P

Heartful_Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-20-2011, 03:04 AM

Oh! I haven't listened to Anastasia's songs in japanese (if they have that) yet!
I should look soon :D

Some of these songs sound funny when singing other than english haha

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-25-2011, 08:28 AM

I've heard The Little Mermaid in German, Spain, French, and Norway. I still think it sounds great in English but I don't remember which one it was but there was on I did like in a different language. But it was only her singing her voice out and then the youtube video would change to different language. I don't remember which one I like but I know I did liked one. Japanese sound okay but I think Aladdin has a hot singing voice in Japanese. Ha~ ><

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 08-28-2011, 10:16 PM

Haha, that's kind of cool. When I saw the video just sitting there, I'm all..okay that sounds kind of lame, but this is cool XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 PM

I've listened to a few that I found on YouTube but didn't go crazy with looking them up. It's pretty interesting to hear what they had to do to change the song lyrics to fit the music. I definitely noticed a few differences when I was listening to the French version.

___emptiness___
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 PM

I've listened to God Help The Outcast in Italian and Part of your world in Japanese and Italian.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Oooh, I have tons of songs from Disney since when I grew up everything was dubbed. Let me share!

The Lion King, "I Just Can't Wait To Be King".

Hakuna Matata!

And Beauty and the Beast! Oh how I love this movie...

I'd share more but I think this is enough for one day. Or ten. XD And yes, that's my native tongue. No, it's not Spanish. ):

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 AM

I love multilingual versions! I'm so glad you brought up "Won't Say I'm In Love." In my mind, it's one of the most well-done songs in the Disney franchise, with all the variations quite beautiful. I actually grew up with the Dutch version, and have been known to sing it from time to time, even now, at 20.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2011, 04:06 PM

i have listen to some of the disney songs in chinese, and actually i found some of it better than the original

Neora
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 AM

I watched disney's cartoons when I was little and i still like them. I think i'll post some songs in Polish language maybe someone would get to like it ;)

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM

The french girls in my flat were watching Aladdin in French once. . . The songs just didn't have the same effect as in English. ):

I think the song "We are one" in any other language would ruin it, because that song is all about Cam Clarke's sexy voice.