harakun
At Your Service

Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Shin nodded. "What I'll be having and a glass of fruit juice," he repeated before he'd went to the counter to order. He got himself two kinds of sandwiches and a glasses of fruit juice, which he got two orders of. When he'd come back with the tray, he settled back down in his seat and took one of the fruit juices to take a sip from. He was mildly surprised that this tasted good and his face showed it.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM

((I am really sorry that it took me so long to reply to this RP., I've been having massive computer problems lately and since it's spring break here I haven't had a chance to get onto a school or library computer so...I'm really sorry!))

Kyran raised an eyebrow at the slightly surprised look on Shin's face.
"Surprised?" he asked, an eyebrow rising of it's own accord at the expression on Shin's face. He looked down at his own meal before carefully taking a bite and chewing slowly before swollowing. He was unsure exactly what to do now. He wasn't used to this slightly uneasiness or the nervousness that seemed to be at the forefront of his mind. His instincts were telling him that something was off but he resolutely ignored them for the time being. This was not the time for questioning Shin. He hadn't seen the other in years after all.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM

"Yeah," Shin replied honestly. He looked at the fruit juice with a look of wonder. "I didn't know fruit juice taste this good." He shot a smile at Kyran and resumed drinking the juice. He particularly liked the juice more than the sandwich now. "So, how's it like being a detective?" he asked, interest apparent in his voice. He had to know who he was dealing with after all.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 PM

Kyran noticed Shin's preference towards the juice but didn't comment. He paused slightly at the question, mulling over his answer before he finally spoke. He'd been asked that question many times and by many different people and, to put it simply, there was no one answer to it.

"It's..." he began, pausing again to collect his thoughts before continuing. "It's a good job. I enjoy what I do and I have a good partner backing me up." A small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth as he thought of his partner before he refocused on Kyran. "We have one of the highest closing rates in the area, not an easy feet I can tell you that, and I intend to keep it that way." He knew that an edge had creeped into his voice when he said the last part but at the moment he couldn't bring himself to care. He would catch this latest killer just like he and Olivia had caught others before. This was no different in his mind. All they needed was one break, one clue, and then everything else would fall into place just as it always did.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 AM

Shin listened to Kyran speak and he hummed before he'd smiled. "Sounds like a good job, yeah," he agreed with a nod. It looked like Kyran will be one hard enemy. At least, from his point of view, he'll need to be careful. A little slip-up and he was sure he'll be found. Though, it wouldn't be hard to coat memories of himself in the minds of people with his power. Just to tease Kyran mostly.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 PM

"I don't think I'd be happy doing anything else," Kyran admitted, not entirely sure why he was telling Shin this. He knew it to be true but it wasn't something he told many people very often. He took another bite of his sandwhich, chewed and then swallowed, idly wondering what exactly they were going to speak about next. He was content to allow Shin to steer the conversation for the moment and if they came to an uncomfortable subject then he'd just subtly move away from it. If there was one thing he was good at it was playing with words.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 AM

Shin only smiled at Kyran's words. He had noticed the way Kyran seemed to have left him steering their conversation and he was content with it. After all, it wasn't everyday he talked to the other. Plus, they've just met again after a long time - in a place, too, near his tenth victim. "So, have you met our other classmates?" he asked as he glanced at Kyran after taking a bite off of his sandwich.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 PM

"No actually," Kyran admitted, a little surprised at the change of topic but going along with it. "Occasionally in the street I see a face that looks like someone I knew but I'm never quite sure. To be honest I've most likely fergotten half their names and faces by now." They weren't important anyway. There was no one that he'd really bonded with while he was studying, no one except Shin, so what was the point in remembering them when they most likely thought the same in regards to him? Really it was a waste of time and the ony time he would see their names and facesx again was if a reunion was scheduled (which he probably wouldn't attend) or if one of them was involved in a homocide. "How about you?2 he asked curiously, finishing the sandwich and starting on the second.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 AM

Shin let out a short, "Oh," before he'd leaned back again in his seat after having finished his sandwich. He looked disappointed but not that he minded. He really never talked to either of them. He remembered faces but he never was good with names. "Haven't seen them either," he said as he frowned. It looked like he'd been spending his time too much of the roof, bathing and basking in the sunlight. Humming quietly, he took the four seasons and lavished it with attention. It was his turn to be quiet this time. Honestly, he didn't want to be so obvious with Kyran, especially not after he'd seen his work of art not very long ago.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-01-2011, 09:44 AM

The pause in the conversatio stretched out into a slightly uncomfortable silence - or at least if was uncomfortable for Kyran. Long silences made him a little nervous if he was not the one to initiate it. He coughed slightly, unsure why he did so, and glanced at Shin again.
"So where do you live now?" he3 asked to break the silence. He guessed that it wasn't too much of an intrusive question. "When we were still studying we had to live in the dorm rooms after all."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Shin Lee blinked up at him when he'd spoken again. "Oh, me?" he asked before he'd grinned slightly, "I live downtown, in a complex. The rent's pretty cheap so... yeah." He rubbed the side of his neck and finished his food before he'd leaned back on his chair. "What about you? Oh, oh." He raised his eyebrows a little as his eyes sparkled just a little. "Can I come over some time? Or maybe see you work in action?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Kyran nodded his head at hearing where Shin lived, absently noting that it was detailed but suffeciently vague to prevent anyone from actually being able to find where he lived. When Shin asked where he lived and if he could come over Kyran was brought up short for a moment. He hadn't actually been expecting taht. He'd expected to meet Shin this once, maybe a few other times and that'd be it but from what the other had said so far it seemed like Shin wanted to get a bit closer then that. He mulled this over for a moment, pondering how he should answer before finally deciding.

"I live in an appartment block not far from the river. Usually everyo0ne keeps to themselves so it's relatively quiet most of the time, definitely a pluss isnce I'm not a big fan of loud noises." He paused for a moment and took another small sip of his drink before continuing. "As for seeing me in action...I supose if you stick around for a while you'll see something."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 AM

Shin Lee wasn't purposely doing what he was doing, keeping the details of his whereabouts vague. "Oh?" he asked before he'd hummed thoughtfully. "That sounds cool. When you're working, do you prefer the silence of your surroundings?" As he asked that question, he took into consideration the others' next reply. Sticking around? He could do that. "Will I be allowed to stick around as you said?" He frowned a little and tilted his head a bit. "Aren't outsiders not allowed?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM

"It's easier to work when it's quiet," Kyran replied truthfully. "I can work when it's noisy but it's just a bit harder to concentrate. And what I meant by stick around is that if we meet more frequently then there's a higher chance of me being called to a scene when I'm with you." Where was this coming from? Kyran wasn't completely sure but for some reason he felt like he wanted to be around Shin a little more. It was nice seeing him again and he wanted to reconnect.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 PM

Shin let out a short and meaningful, "Ah," before he'd blinked and grinned brightly. "Sounds good to me," he said with a nod. Tapping his hands on the arms of the chair once, he let his grin turn to a smile. "Sounds fun even." Looking around the shop for a few seconds, the man tilted his head a bit. "Tell me," he mumbled, "What kind of cases do you usually work on?" Shin Lee turned to look back at Kyran and raised his eyebrows a bit. "What do you do when the ones at fault are sly, ones who slide off of your fingers just when you're about to catch them?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Kyran felt a small warm glow at the fact that Shin also seemed to want to reconnect also. At Shin's next question though Kyran paused, wondering how he would answer the question. He thought it over for a moment, twisting the question around in his mind before he finally answered. "I take a step back and come from a different angle," he finally said. "I work homocide most of the time with some other cases occasionally scattered in. The most important thing is to catch the killer. Of course sometimes cases aren't as straightforward as the politicians would like and they don't get teh PR that they're hoping for but taht's not my problem. i solve the cases and make sure that the victims get justice."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Shin listened to Kyran answer his question and he let out a thoughtful hum as he leaned forward to cross his arms over the table. Homicide? Was what he did called homicide then? "Is it a sin to take the lives of killers too?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows a little, "I mean, what if the families of the victims had wanted them dead but the justice only wants them behind bars?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM

"There's a fine line," Kyran answered, taking his time to formulate an answer. "I think the punishment should fit the crime but I also think that we shouldn't lose sight of what's going on around us. If killers are killed then that would just start a downward spiral. What if the killing was genuinely an accident? Or the one that had been killed was threatening the killer and he had to take action to save his loved ones? Cases aren't always that simple so...I don't supose there really is a right answer to youru question. As for it being a sin...I'm afraid I'm not religious so I can't say if it's a sin or not."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-19-2011, 12:19 PM

Shin hummed. Kyran made sense but that sense Kyran had only made him smile. It made him want to tease the man all the more, maybe take on the lives of the killers instead of just randomly be picked up by some stranger and letting them attain pleasure and heaven on earth before their deaths. "You really are an expert on this field," he started, his eyes sparkling with awe and respect before he'd let his smile turn to a grin, "I really want to see you in action now. See how you handle things and the stress."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Kyran felt a small flush cover his face but managed to force it down before it could turn into a full blush. He coughed, slightly awkward, before taking a sip of his juice to distract himself. "I'm not that much of an espert," he said, feeling that he was being perfectly truthful. "After all I havne't been in this job as long as some of the other people in the department and opinions vary greatly so...I supose we'll just need to wait and see."
He had now finished his meal and the last of his drink. He sat back slightly and eyed Shin before he glanced down at his phone. No calls or updates from Olivia so far so he asumed that he still had a little time that he could spend with Shin. The question was what to do now? He pondered this for a moment, debating with himself before finally coming to the conclusion taht a walk might be nice.
"Would you mind acompanying me on a small walk?" he asked. "We're not that far away from a local park and it'd help to clear my head before I have to return to the precinct."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 AM

Shin Lee thought Kyran was just being humble. He didn't have to, though. Surely, Kyran was an expert in his field. He was fiddling with his fingers as he looked around when the other had asked that question. "Ah, sure," he said with a nod before he'd gotten up to his feet. Blinking, though, when he'd realized what he'd said next, he tilted his head. "Clear your head? Is something bothering you?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Kyran stood a moment after Shin Lee and mentally dlapped himself for saying that. Really he needed to watch his words a little more.
"After a break I usually try and walk a little to clear myhead, get back to focusing on my job. It helps me keep my job and my life outside it separate. I know some cops that live for their job and they don't have anything outside it. I love my job but I'd rather keep at least a small part of myself out of the job. It's difficult but I prefer to have a little time that's not devoted to the job. Right now was one of those times." He paused a moment, debating whether he should say what he was about to say next before mentally shrugging his shoulders. What harm could it do? "Well that and this is a rather rough case and I'd refer to go into it with a completely clear mind. Hopefully it'll help to catch the one that did it faster. It always pays to have every advantage possible."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM

[[ Sorry for the very late reply. =.=; ]]

Shin lee let out a short, "Ah," before he'd grinned. "Cool. You're really cool, Ky." blinking as the other continued on though, he raised his eyebrows a little in surprise. "This case really is hard to crack?" he asked and started to make his way out the shop so they could start their little walk. He hadn't really had a chance to go around here. He'd only gone to that hotel and this cafe in front of the said hotel where the murder had happened. His masterpiece.

"Is it okay to ask what exactly happened in there?" Sliding his hands into his pockets, the man all dressed in black tilted his head a little as he looked about the place. He took note of every nook and cranny so he'd know the dark spots he could use as an escape route should something happen.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 PM

((No problem and soryr I took ages with this reply. You'd think it'd be easier once exams were finished but it just seems more stressful))

Kyran followed Shin out of the cafe, keeping close but not overly so. He glanced left and right, quicky inspecting the layout and the police presence before turning in the direction he knew the park to be. He was glad to see that there were still plenty of officers and yellow tape making sure no one entered the building. He also noticed that an extra van was there, indicating that the CSU team was inside and doing their thing.

"There was a murder, a pretty bad one and that's all I'm really at liberty to say at the moment. Even though it's an open homicide someone will probably leak something to the press by tomorrow so just keep an eye out." He knew that the tone of annoyance was clear in his voice as he talked about the people that quietly passed information to the press. No matter what they tried there always seemed to be one or two people that blabbed when they should keep their mouths shut.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Shin followed Kyran's gaze and hummed a little. "There are those people who want to talk to take the fame," he said as he shrugged, "Why do you think people do that, Ky?" Turning to look at the other, he tilted his head a little before he'd moved his gaze back to the things happening behind the yellow tapes. There were more people now and he noted how the crowd seemed to be growing in number. This was why he loved doing the killings.

There weren't any trace of him in the place, he can easily manipulate these puny little humans, and even go as far as to teasing them when he felt like it. These were the pluses he had being a demon but there was no need for Kyran to know that now, was there? After all, betrayal would probably be all Kyran would feel. That, and if he did tell, he might just have to erase Kyran's memories of him while he was asleep or return back to his world and be one of those demons who'll have to take orders from a superior.