Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:46 PM

Leanne's face had immediately gone red when she realized she hadn't exactly told her father what had happened that day. No doubt if she did tell him, he'd freak and never let her out of his sight ever again. She knew how it went from experience. To earn that trust back? She grimaced. "Not exactly. If I did, he'd freak. And he's not very great when he's freaked," she murmured to Cole softly.

She looked towards the door and saw her father in the middle of a heated discussion. He was shaking his head, pointing his index finger at nothing, and his face was contorted into frustration. She had seen that face before and it was no doubt he'd be a while. She looked back at Cole and then over at the bag that contained her and her father's sandwich.

"Yes, acquaintances," she said happily, soon waving her hand at him. "No worries about the questions. They're refreshing." She heard her father now, yelling. And when she saw him angrily press "END" on his phone she waved to Cole. "Nice to meet you Cole, hope you enjoy your day," she said happily as she turned her body towards her father who looked to her through the shop door and waved for her to come out. It was clear they wouldn't be eating here, but would be eating home. So much for getting out of the house.

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-18-2015, 07:45 PM

Cole chuckled at her response and the fact that her face looked like a tomato. "Ahh, wouldn't want to freak out dad." he said with a smirk. If she didn't like upsetting him, it was obvious that he was very over protective and scary when angry. If he was over protective, she was probably very special and important to him. Then again, he was a police officer so they had money. A lot of money, but it wasn't his job to choose the victim for the kidnapping. I could always just give the suggestion... he thought to himself.

"It was nice meeting you too Leanne, Have a great day yourself." he said and waved. He watched her leave and sighed softly, part of him wanted to make the recommendation and part of him didn't. Grabbing his things, he stood and walked out of the small Subway and over to his car where he pulled out his phone and dialed his friend's number. His friend picked up on the second ring just as he was getting in the car and closing the door. "Hey, I got a potential victim...but its really risky." Cole started and started up his car.

Cole carefully backed out of the parking lot, and headed off toward the hospital to meet with his mother like he had promised. "Name is Leanne. Seems like an easy catch, but her father is a police officer. He looks like an over protective father and from what she told me, he's scary when angry." Cole explained as he drove through the busy streets. "I don't know where she lives idiot, and that doesn't matter. You can catch her off guard, you don't have to pick her up at her house like it's a prom date." Cole muttered.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM

"Leanne, I know this is tough for you, but this is a busy year for us," her father started when she tried to make protests in the car. She didn't want to go home. She didn't want to be stuck another day at the tv watching some show on Netflix or Hulu. She wanted to be out and about. "Look, if it means anything, I'll take you to one of those new big fancy restaurants in town, okay? Anyone you want."

Leanne shrunk in her seat and looked out the window at the passing downtown of the city, heading home so her father could change back into his uniform and head back to work.

She was lonely and she was beginning to grow absolutely tired of it.

"Whatever," she grumbled. "I'm just tried of being alone all the time. It shouldn't be healthy."

Her father chuckled. "You seem healthy enough to me." He didn't get it.

She turned her head to her father for a second, pitying his choices for her. She was a grown woman now, shouldn't she be able to choose for herself.

"I'm going out later. And there's nothing you can do to stop me. If I stay another day cooped up, I'll go mad," she told him, sternly. It was a tone of voice she hardly ever used towards him, which was kept him speechless a minute too long before he even found the words to shoot back at her. And that was the thing, he didn't find any.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-24-2015, 12:24 AM

"Look, if you think of anything send me a text, I need to do something." Cole then hung up and parked in the hospital parking lot before stepping out of his car and walking inside. Walking over to the front desk, "I'm Cole Edwards, here to visit my father Mark Edwards." He explained. The nurse at the front desk nodded and handed him a visitor sticker. "His room is on the second floor. Room four-twelve." She replied. "Thanks." Cole said and put on his sticker while heading to the elevator. His mind was elsewhere though. He knew why he was here, but seeing Leanne messed with him and he didn't know why. "Damn...why does she have to be so pretty." He muttered as he called for the elevator.

When the elevator arrived and opened its sleek doors, Cole easily stepped inside and pressed the second floor button. The doors remained opened for a while, allowing others to step inside before closing and going to the floors it was asked to stop at. When the doors opened at the second floor, Cole stepped out and looked around for a map. When he found one he looked at it and found the room he was looking for. It was pretty busy today it seemed since nurses and doctors were quickly walking back and forth, getting on elevators and walking out of them.

Reaching his father's room, Cole knocked and his mother opened it. "Hey mom, how is he?" He asked and kissed her cheek. "Bad. He's sleeping right now." His mother answered quietly. "What's wrong with my dad, mom?" Cole asked with a look of concern on his face.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:39 AM

At first, Leanne was hesitant to leave the house knowing her father hadn't agreed to it, nor said anything towards it at all. She had warning him earlier that she would go out, even thought about her credit card in her purse holding the money that she she had been earning with daily chores for years by now. She was never a big spender until recently, when she had decided that shopping was so much more worth living that doing so in the depths of her bedroom or small home.

She sat at the edge of her bed, which she had just freshly made as if using it as an excuse for more time to think. This didn't feel like a good idea, not at all with a ball of tight knots swirling around her stomach and her heart beating erratically. She got to her feet slowly after some time of thinking, straightened her purse straps on her shoulders and nodded her head as if she were confirming to some invisible stranger that she was going to do this.

It felt as if she were breaking off her leash, and she wasn't sure whether to be worries or glad.

She promptly locked the door, checked to make sure she had her house key, and caught a taxi into the town. Her phone buzzed a few times during her travel and she checked it a few times to see that it was her father.
Delivered: 3:50 PM

Are you still home?

Delivered: 4:02 PM

I hope you are.
She itched to reply to his texts, knew that if he was texting and not blowing her phone up with calls, he wasn't able to call at the moment. She managed to turn her phone off completely and bury it within the contents of her purse before tipping the cab driver and stepping out into the heart of the city, stopping in among a group of people as she tried to make a decision on which way to go first.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-29-2015, 04:40 AM

"We should probably step outside for this." Cole's mother suggested, and the two left the room and walked to a nearby hall. "Your father was diagnosed with stomach cancer. They don't think he'll survive the chemo due to his age, and frankly I don't think so either. So I think we should just spend as much time with him as possible. I know your work is important to you but family should come first." His mother explained softly. Cole was shocked to hear this. Part of him didn't want to believe it but part of him knew it made sense, why else would his father's stomach hurt so much. "This explains why he didn't want to eat..." Cole whispered sadly. "How much does he have to live?" He asked. "A month at most." His mother replied and frowned. "Mom you can't live alone, why not move in with me? Or I can go move in with you." He suggested but his mother shook her head. "I don't want to bother you Cole. Besides, what matters right now is that your father is happy. He really is glad that you visit him so much, and I admit that so am I." She explained with a weak smile.