Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 AM

A hundred years ago, a great war broke out between the heavens, causing the world to go into chaos. Fire rained down from the sky, there were earthquakes, floods, famine, and sickness like there never was before. Their world collided with ours, sending demons and monsters of unspeakable horror into the world of the living.

Humans quickly began to descend to the brink of extinction, their weapons being unable to kill the creatures. Several years passed before scientists were able to isolate the genes of the demons, and incorporate them into the DNA of human beings. This experiment was known as project Sentry, and was the last hope of humanity. The scientists, led by a man named Samuel Les, did what they could to obtain able children for the experiment; their tactics were not always savory, or legal.

Of the hundreds of experiments performed on thousands of children, only ten survived. The surviving children were able to resist and counter demon attacks at a damage threshold one hundred times higher than a normal human, and at a recovery rate of nearly ten times faster. The scientists were ecstatic. What they didn’t realize, and what they would soon come to find out, was that their experiments had a bit of a side-effect.

Each child’s body responded and bonded to the demon DNA in a unique way, that bond unlocking an inert ability within the child. Some could move objects with their minds, others could cause spontaneous combustion of themselves or others. The abilities had an extravagant cost, but the project was considered an immense success. The human race had finally trained a group of warriors that were capable of hunting down and killing the creatures that nearly destroyed the human race. Each time a demon threatened the human territory, the ten ‘sentries’ were sent out to eradicate the problem, until one mission went horribly awry.

The ten were sent out as usual, to eliminate a minor problem, little did they know that the Demons had grown smart about their tactics, and planned to ambush them. The attack went beautifully, for the demons of course, and the sentries were forced to fight tooth and nail, even after their powers had been used up until the last demon had been killed. Only eight of them survived the attack.

When they returned, they tried to express their sorrows to the scientists, their creators and caretakers, but the scientists merely brushed it off as a sad loss of such a successful experiment. That was when the sentries realized that they were nothing more than the pawns of the human race, and that their existence meant nothing to them but fame and fortune. This realization angered them, and they plotted a rebellion.

During the course of a single night, the eight completely destroyed the research lab that they had been created in, the scientists that had created them, and left their home behind in a smoldering pile of ash and regret. They hoped to start again, to live normal lives, but they had already made a name for themselves, and the remaining human race refused to have anything to do with them. They were forced to split up into pairs.

The remaining members of project Sentry sold themselves as mercenaries to the human communities in their districts in need, they were often paid heavily for their deeds, but they are still not accepted as members of society, and are forced to move about often. They knew that they would be nomads for the rest of their lives, but what they didn't know was that all of the scientists were not dead, and all of the research was not gone.

Two of the original project scientists survived the onslaught, claiming vengeance. They sought to create warriors stronger than the sentries, warriors that could hunt down and kill the failed experiments. They succeeded.

Now the four HUNTERS that were created are tracking one pair each, their powers were designed to counteract those of the group they are after. They are powerful, cunning, and ruthless, lacking all human emotion. All they know is their hate, all they live for is their mission. So whom will come out on top?

-RULES-
1. Basic Mene Rules
2. No God Modding
3. You are always with your partner, i mean side by side
4. Your power must have a limit
5. You can't kill anyone unless you talk to either me or the other person
6. If you found me then I know you read the rules! please title your pm's "The Gold star"
7. Send your skeletons to me in a pm in order to be accepted
8.i reserve the right to kill you off if you break any of these rules
9.other rules will be added later

-PROFILE SKELETON-

Code:
Nice to meet you my name is:
 This is my beautiful face: 
As you can see i am: [gender]
I am lucky i have lived to be: [age between 15 and 19]
I would like you to meet my partner. this is: [Partner’s name, unless you are a Hunter]
I am a gifted person i am able to: [power]
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: [power's weakness or downfall]
The weapon i use is: [pic of Weapon. Note if you have your weapon with you then your power is twice as strong as it would be than if you didn't] 
This is how I would describe my personality:[yay, adjectives!]
If you must know: [Bio. at least 2 paragraphs includes personality and such]
I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: [username]

(Note: you do NOT have to be one of the sentries.
 you can also be a regular human or even one of 
the new warriors, aka HUNTERS, sent to destroy 
the old sentries, but if you are one of the new 
warriors your personality will always include
 ruthlessness and ignorance, and you will be
 without a partner)* make sure your additions
 to the skeleton are in a single color. This will 
be the color your post is in. no one may have
 black as their post color.
Available Spots

Sentries
1.) Vanth, Ameli Vixen
2.) demon king dante, Gabriel Rockheart
3.) Angelo, Danielle (Dani) Taryn Carson
4.) Angelo, Annabelle (Annie) Sadie Carson.
5.) Karakuripierrot, Alice Librae
6.)
7.)
8.)

Hunters
1.) ~LONGCAT~, Audry VonWestin
2.) Hidden Cupcake, Logan Vanderbaun
3.)
4.)

Accepted Profiles
Sentries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanth
Nice to meet you my name is: Ameli Vixen
As you can see i am: obviously female
I am lucky i have lived to be: 17
I would like you to meet my partner. this is: Gabriel Rockheart
I am a gifted person i am able to: mimic features of animals
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: if I use the power too long, it will be permanent. I’ve made this mistake only once with my cat eyes, and I intend to never do it again.
The weapon i use is: The Phoenix feather
This is how I would describe my personality: I’m a very organized person, I wouldn't say I’m uptight, I just like it when things go as planned, and it bothers me when they don’t. I also anger quickly, and my wrath is nothing to laugh at. ‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,’ but the irony is that the power in my wrath was created by hell. This fury comes quickly when people stare. MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!
If you must know: My mother was a scientist with the Sentry project, but she was very emotionally unstable. A few months after I was born, she had a major breakdown and committed suicide by ingesting some poisonous chemicals she had stolen from a lab closet. When she died, the remaining sentry project scientists couldn’t wait to get their grubby fingers on me. They believed by inducing the demonic DNA into a human body at a younger age, they could get more favorable results, well I guess they were wrong, because I've got these freakish cat eyes.
After the revolution, I gained a few habits. One of them is smoking, I hate the taste of smoke, but the presence of it calms me. Most of the time you can find me with my partner in skuzzy hotel rooms right after fighting of demon hordes, sometimes we spring for the nicer rooms, but our pay isn’t usually that great, so it’s not likely. I’ve developed a bond with my partner, it isn’t perfect, but we understand each other and don’t fight. Okay that’s a lie, we fight a lot, but it’s usually over stupid things.

Username: Vanth
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon king dante
Nice to meet you my name is: Gabriel rockheart
As you can see i am: male
I would like you to meet my partner. this is: Ameli Vixen
I am a gifted person i am able to: harness geokenesis
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: My power is connected to my physical strength so the more fatigued i get the less i can do
The weapon i use is: medium pouch of jewel dust at my hip
This is how I would describe my personality: as my personal ability shows i am a very grounded and stubborn person, not wanting to waver from anything i set my mind to. At the same time i am also very lazy, not wanting to do a whole hell of a lot. This pisses off my partner more than anything, but she is the only one who can get me to do anything at all. Like my partner i have a habit of smoking, but don't take that for granted you never know what else could be in that smoke. I also admit to having sticky fingers, if you know what I mean.
If you must know: Found wandering around a barren wasteland of a town when i was around 5, the scientists of project sentry gathered me up and took me to the lab. I was very scared and cried a lot until a little girl, who would one day become my partner, came and told me to quit being such a cry baby along with giving me a few good smacks if i tried to back talk. i guess i owe her the fact that i am still alive. After the experiments were done, unlike some of my "brothers" and "sisters", i actually liked my new found abilities and trained very hard to learn to control it. i focused more along the lines of jewels such as diamonds to cut rather than the earth itself with blunt force. After the rebellion i took a lot of pleasure in my job but that doesn't stop me from trying to drain you of every last dime you have. After all, if you are good at something you shouldn't have to do it for free
I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: demon king dante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Nice to meet you my name is: Danielle (Dani) Taryn Carson & Annabelle (Annie) Sadie Carson.
~~Their hair is evenly striped black and white, just flip-flopped from one to the other. Dani's left eye is also charcoal, while Annie's right is silver. Dani is on the right, and Annie is on the left.~~
As you can see i am: female & female.
I am lucky i have lived to be: 15 & 15.
I would like you to meet my partner. This is: Annie. & Dani
I am a gifted person i am able to:
Dani is capable of manipulating Light, which, along with the pretty obvious abilities, can also be used in high enough concentrations to form a pseudo-magnetic pulse to destroy electronics.

Annie is able to manipulate Darkness. With enough effort, she can create portals to other areas, though they're easier to form if the area is closer. Needless to say, her power over Darkness includes all typical abilities.

Unfortunately everything comes with a price:
Glass objects or really anything that is reflective or refractive will really screw up Dani’s powers, as will strong gravitational forces. It’s also impossible for Dani to create light; she simply controls it.

Annie is incapable of creating darkness unless it is already around her. Any source of light can also hinder her powers, depending on how bright it is of course. The longer she's in night vision mode, the harder it is for her eyes to adjust back to normal.

The weapon i use is:
Dani:
Annie:

This is how I would describe my personality:
Danielle is an extrovert by nature, and is rather fond of making new friends. As such, she tends to be the more popular of the twins. She’s also rather joyful and cheery, leading to her remarkable ability to brighten peoples’ days. Artistic by nature, she loves to dance, sing, and play music. Ironically though, painting and drawing are not her forte, but rather her sister’s. She comes up with the schemes of the two, her ability to come up with nigh-failproof plans downright frightening at times.

Annie is introverted just as much as her sister is extroverted. She likes to avoid people and places that she doesn’t know, though she’ll pass through just fine if her sister is nearby. Popularity has never really meant much to her, so it didn’t matter much that her sister was more popular. In fact, she is quite happy for her and is typically willing to tag along if invited. She loves to use her body, and is consequently good at sports and martial arts, karate and taekwondo being the only overlap with her sister. Her observant mind yields the detail that Dani needs for her plans, as well as some awesome party tricks.

If you must know:
Our parents were just regular old people, though neither of us can remember more than a few hazy details about either of them. Still, they got us interested in all kinds of things, from Scouts to Karate and Kendo while they were with us. When we were about seven, our parents were drafted into the military to fight off the demons. Of course, that meant that there was a convenient excuse for the scientists to take us and perform their twisted experiments on us. When we took well to it, they continued to train us, taking our prior experience with martial arts and Scouts to an extreme rarely seen in reality.

The revolution left us devastated, especially Danni, as she’s always been the more sensitive of the two of us. So, following the trend of the others, we split up as partners and went our own way. Recently we’ve been hanging down by New Orleans, the city of our birth. Most people don’t recognize us, but anonymity is a blessing really. Chances are that if they knew what we are, we’d be dead before we even knew what was going on.

I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: Angelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuripierrot
Nice to meet you my name is: Alice Librae
As you can see i am:Female
I am lucky i have lived to be:17
I would like you to meet my partner. this is: Open
I am a gifted person i am able to:use my blood as a weapon
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: If I use my ability for too long it begins to affect my sanity, I will begin to see or hear things that aren't really there or happening.
The weapon i use is: One ring on each thumb with small hidden blades to easily cut so as to use my power with as little pain as possible.
This is how I would describe my personality: Because of the side-effects of my power I usually try and stay away from others, not trusting myself or them, this has caused me to be very shy around people. However when I get you could call it 'attached' I'm very loyal and protective. Not wanting to bother anyone with my problems I'll usually keep any issues I'm having to myself.
If you must know:I don't know alot about my past, I remember vaguely being kidnapped from my parents but in the end it's all just one big blur of tears and screaming, so for me, my life began in the lab. I made my first friend there, she was really nice. What was her name again? *sad laugh* I can't remember. We only knew each other for one week before the DNA killed her. Truthfully there were many times I thought I would die, when the pain would become almost unbearable. Sometimes I would lose consiousness but the release from the pain never lasted long. It was only after my body accepted the DNA did the pain finally stop. But the hallucinations soon replaced any pain that was felt. The first one was a butterfly in the corner of the room, simple and harmless; however after using my ability more and more they become more problematic to say the least.
Now that the revolution has ended I've been staying in abandoned buildings like a stray dog. Only fighting the demons if it was needed. Trying to keep away from others for fear of the worst.

I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: KarakuriPierrot

HUNTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~
Nice to meet you my name is: Audry VonWestin
As you can see I am: Female
I am lucky I have lived to be: 19
I am a gifted person I am able to: Heliokinesis
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: I can only use my power during the daylight hours and outside. No power use inside buildings, underground, cloudy weather, at night etc...
The weapon I use is: (a hand mirror)
This is how I would describe my personality: Some would say that I show excessive self pride, I have killed those individuals. I show no mercy for my prey, I hold nothing back. As powerful as the sun, I kill with no remorse, only a smile knowing a job well done.
If you must know: I don't know nor do I care to know of my life prior to the Project. All I can say is that the scientists made me stronger, better and smarter than before. They took some time explaining the finer workings of the sun, one of them having some background in astrophysics. I'm not proud to say that I haven't quite refined my skills and powers and have on multiple occasions unleashed a mini solar flare from myself.
Now I roam the world in search for the wretches who came before me and the other three Hunters. Killing the stray demon here and there is only a bonus.

I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: ~LONGCAT~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Cupcake
Nice to meet you my name is: Logan Vanderbaun
As you can see i am: Male
I am a gifted person i am able to: Biological Telekinesis (able to easily influence or control creatures of a lower thought process including, but not limited to, demons of certain rank and power.) I can manipulate some artificial materials, but not with any noticeable accuracy or skill.
Unfortunately everything comes with a price: My powers begin to affect the chemical and physical makeup of my brain. Minor use will cause mental fatigue and a migraine. My eyes may even begin to bleed, which is steadily leading to me going blind. Extreme use, such as moving outside my field of expertise and attempting to lift or control something not composed of biological material that is far above my 'weight ratio' can cause brain hemorrhaging and, in a worst case scenario, can cause a blood vessel to pop and lead to my death.
The weapon i use is: I prefer not to use weapons. My fists or my powers have always sufficed me well enough. I do keep a set of simple daggers in my belt, just in case the situation calls for a bit more than my traditional method.
This is how I would describe my personality: I view myself as a realist. This world is not a safe one and the only the strong can survive it. If that means I must destroy those before me, so be it. I will not hesitate to act if anyone gets in my way. The others view me as cold and unresponsive. I just don't see the point in interacting with those I may have to eliminate the next day. I also tend to suffer from blackouts, stemming from moments when I cannot control my emotions. I tend to wake up after these incidents covered in blood and bleeding lightly from my ears, eyes, mouth, and nose.
If you must know: I don't remember where I came from. The only thing I remember is a burnt waste and a group of people who I vaguely remember calling family. The time after that is a blur and the stark whiteness of the labs take over after that. I do not mind them. While cagey and venomous, the scientists taught me to fight. Taught me to kill. Taught me to survive. I am thankful for that.

If push comes to shove, however, I will not hesitate to destroy them. I will not hesitate to destroy anything in my way. I will survive. And nothing, not even those traitorous Sentries, will keep me from that goal.
I am merely a puppet, and my puppeteer's name is: Hidden Cupcake

Last edited by Vanth; 11-05-2012 at 03:49 AM..

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 AM

Ameli took one last drag from her cigarette and rested her sword on her shoulder. She threw the butt down on the ground and stomped out the little orange ember. A grueling creature laid dead at her feet, her partner sitting on its chest. "This one didn't want to go down easy, but I'd say our pay was worth the extra effort." She sheathed her weapon after nudging its jowls with the toe of her boot, making sure it was staying down for good this time."Now, lets go find a couple of soft beds and a working shower."
She turned on her heels, beginning her walk towards the lights of the skeletal city, when she heard a rumble. Her head turned first, hand resting on the hilt of her weapon.

The rumbling was coming from the beast's stomach. There was something writhing just under the surface, like a snake. Suddenly the belly flesh burst, sending chunks of rotten monster organs into the dark sky. It rained down on them. Ameli shielded her eyes, noticing something inky shoot up out of the creature's stomach with the flesh.

She searched the sky for the black object, when something landed on top of her. I was a massive black worm, with teeth the size of her forearm. It roared into her face, covering her in a thick layer of green saliva. "Get the hell off of me you stinking grub!" She yelled back at it. The creature cocked its head at her, uttering a series of clicks, before its massive forked tongue came fully out of its mouth and licked her from her neck to the top of her head. "Son of A-, You wretched worm! Gabriel, a little help here?"

demon king dante
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 AM

Gabriel ripped the last of the diamond particals out of the beast and poised to slice the small creature to pieces but hesitated after he got a good look at it. After a second he smirked and let the shards fall to rest in the pouch at his side. He saw the confused and almost shocked look on Ameli's face after his move but this only made him chuckle. "look at the little thing Ameli does it really look like it's trying to hurt you" he laughed and pulled out his pack of cigarettes lighting one and looked at her still sick strickin face. he took a long drag letting it out through his nose and walked up to her and the little creature. "i don't know i think the little guy is kind of cute" he ran a finger over it's head and it let out a gurggeling noise almost like a cats' purr. Gabriel took another drag this time blowing it in the creatures face "how bout it little guy? you gonna hurt us?" the creature replied by blowing smoke back in Gabriel's face which only made him laugh "i like it, can we keep it?" he looked down at his tiny partner "you wouldn't want to seperate a poor defencless creature from it's mommy now would you?" he smirked as she glared at him

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 AM

"Who are you calling its mommy?" She spat at him, her stomach turning when he gave her his signature playful look. She wriggled underneath the beast, "I don't care what the hell we do with it, just get it off of me!" She waited patiently as Gabriel rolled the worm off of her chest. She stood up, wiping the mixture of worm saliva and monster guts off of her face. "If we're going to keep it. What are we going to name it?" Just then the worm let out a terrible sound, and green vomit spewed from its mouth. The excrement festered and boiled on the ground, burning a hole in the asphalt and breaking down the dead creature into a massive puddle of black pudding. The worm immediately began feeding on the remains. "Great. We have a giant demon worm that thinks I'm its mother, and it spews acid to digest its real parent. This is the best freaking day of my life." She took in a deep breath, "Calm down, Ameli, things could be worse. Flying vampire pigs could raid from the sky, Gabriel could die in a fiery explosion, being pierced by his own diamonds," she shuddered at the last thought, "Let's just get out of here." she felt like she needed a bath more than ever.

They made it into town slowly but surely. The inhabitants did not cheer, or swarm them, calling them heroes, they just stared, and that made Ameli angry. She was just about to shout at them to 'mind their damn business and stop staring' that they had 'saved their sorry excuses for human life and killed a giant monster,' but Gabriel put a hand on her slimy shoulder, letting her know it wasn't such a good idea. It didn't help their situation much that they were being followed by a giant demon worm, Gabriel started calling him 'barf,' because that's all he had really done since he showed up. Barf's presence even made a few children cry out for their mothers, he seemed cheerily oblivious.

demon king dante
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 AM

[COLOR="Red"]Gabriel picked up the demon worm and put it on his head he smiled as it slithered down to his shoulders wrapping around the back of his neck. he laughed as it clicked at the pathetic little humans as some shrieked at their presence even some children crying. Gabriel walked up next to Ameli putting a hand on her head "gotta keep calm oh tiny one. it isn't their fault they are so stupid" he looked around at all them staring some scoffed but then he saw one of his favorite things. prissy little girls part of a family that still has money mostly jewels. he met her eyes and winked at her. the usual response occured she scoffed like the spoiled brat she was. he whispered to the worm something that not even Ameli could hear. after the girl took a good few steps ahead he shifted the ground beneath her feet causing her to trip falling face first into the dirt. a crowd began to gather around her when she screamed something had bit her hip but nothing was there just her jewels were missing. a second or so later the black worm dug out of a pre-dug hole the closed as it slithered up his leg and on his shoulder with a small pouch in his mouth. Gabriel held up his hand to the creatures mouth where it dropped the pouch. "oh yeah i like you" he smiled running a finger over it's head opening the pouch "a few rubies. not much but enough to spring for a good meal" he looked at his partner she never really aproved of his theiving but hey it's nice to splurge on these ingratful insects expence. "so how bout it? warm meal comfy bed? sound good?"[/COLOR]

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 AM

"Anything sounds good to me, as long as I get to shower first." Ameli tried in vain to remove the worm saliva from her face and clothes. "Damn, Barf, what's this crap got in it, glue? Barf just clicked happily at her. He seemed to be enjoying her discomfort. They finally reached the only hotel in town. It was a patchwork of tin and broken airplane parts meshed with the original concrete and brick. The building was at least eight stories high, the biggest thing on the skyline for miles. As Ameli looked higher and higher, she noticed that the building was more patched together, a sheet of metal here, a fresh wall of mud-brick there."This has to be the dumpiest town in our district, you know that?, the penthouse is crappier than the first floor rooms. It looks like a three-year-old built this thing out of Lego's, and then ran out of Lego's and started using crap." She couldn't help but be a bit cynical, the human meat-bags staring at her earlier had put her in a bad mood. She was willing to take on anyone or anything that came her way.

They pushed their way inside to a dark room lit by gas lanterns and a moderately sized fireplace. The inside didn't look as ugly as the outside, and the owners had at least tried to restore the place to its former glory. She was saddened by the fact that this part of their district hadn't regained electricity, meaning that her hot bath would literally be a big basin with coals underneath it. 'at least that means I'll have someone in the room to help me get this crap off my face.'
People turned their gazes away from them as they approached the counter, 'smart move' She knew that all of the people were really a bunch of prejudiced cowards, but they had money, and that overcame all social law. She marched to the counter, giving the worn bell a few taps, even though the maitre d was standing right in front of her. She immediately started barking very specific orders, "I need a double bed suite with a large clean bathroom, extra towels and robes, two new sets of clothes, and an order of your finest beef and beverages. Oh, and send up a tray of raw meat for the worm." She motioned towards Barf with her thumb, and watched as the man's face went from slightly annoyed to utterly terrified.
"As you wish, madam, here is the key to your room. Second floor, door number one-twelve."
"Thank you very much." she gave him a flicker of a fake smile, then trotted towards the staircase, and began to ascend.

demon king dante
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 AM

Gabriel smiled at the behind-the-counter-man as he looked at the worm on his shoulders when Ameli mentioned it. As she began to walk to the room he tossed a few rubies on the counter "bring up a nice bottle of booze and a few packs of cancer sticks my good lesser being" he said with a big toothy grin and barf spat his green liquid on the counter which began to dissolve "oh barf" he tossed a few more rubies but pet his little head "good boy" he stuck his hands in his pockets keeping his smile seeing the look of disgust and a little fear on the human's face and walked to catch up with Ameli with a little pep in his step "well i suppose it goes without saying that you get the first wash. just please don't be to long i'd like to get clean too. unless..... you want to bathe together?" he winked and laughed "just kidding just kidding please don't hurt me" Barf clicked with amusement and Gabriel looked at the small creature "i'm not kidding and i suggest you keep it down or she won't let me keep you" Barf lifted it's head and nodded curling around his shoulders. Once they got to their room she opened it and revealed a decent sized room with 2 beds. "not to shabby better than some places we've been too" he placed his pack on the bed closest to the window and began taking the piercings out of his ear placing them on the table between the two beds. "well you know where the washroom is" he said while taking the outer chains off his coat then stripping that off revealing his chain link armor under it then taking that off too and began to clean out the demon blood and guts an repairing the chinks

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 AM

Ameli stepped into the large bathroom. There was a small closet that housed the toilet in one corner, and the basin-tub took up most of the room. It was sunken into the floor in a stylish way, so that the coals could be loaded from a room underneath. A large switch was placed in the floor next to the tub, flipping it would alert the workers to heat the coals, and when it was to your liking, you would switch it off again. That temperature would be maintained until you flipped the switch on and off again.
She was surprised when there wasn't an attendant in the bathroom, but she supposed that having the tub sunken into the floor would eliminate the need for anyone to be in there to keep the coals hot."Well, looks like I'm taking this stuff off of myself."
She set to work peeling off her soiled clothes, and unlacing her boots, which she promptly kicked into a pile in the corner of the room. She eased herself into the bathtub of cool water, doing a pre-rinse before she flipped the switch and began to relax.
The gooey slime that came off of her soiled body floated on top of her bath water like dumplings in chicken soup. she was kind of grossed out, but could care less about what it was doing, as long as it wasn't on her body anymore. She played with soap bubbles, and dunked her head under the water, splashing about and making a mess like a child. she hadn't had a bath in god-knew how long, and she was intent on enjoying it. She wondered what Gabriel thought about the childish laughter coming from behind the bathroom door, and smiled, 'His immediate reaction would be that I was being attacked, then he would laugh when he realized I've reverted back to childhood. He might even be surprised that I even know how to have fun.' She giggled, and sank into the steaming water until only her tiny face was poking up from its surface.

demon king dante
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 AM

Barf slid onto the bed the would be Gabriel's and curled up on one of the pillows. "Don't be makin a mess i sleep there too" the worm clicked his response then began his slumber. Gabriel laughed at it's light breathing "sleep tight you've had quite the day" he went back to fixing his armor "good thing this one was slow this wouldn't have stood any sort of chance against an attack from it" he finished his repairs and went to inspect his clothes. Luckily his coat hadn't taken any damage. White leather made from the flesh of his victems a little extra protection since it was made with demon hide. Other than being caked with dirt and demon guts it was fine. "i wonder if they have any place for me to wash my clothes here?" he said aloud to himself. he looked around and settle for hanging his shirt and coat out the window to at least let them dry. he heard Ameli laughing and smiled a bit. it had been a long time since he had heard her laugh not since there had been 10 of us. he sighed remembering his lost brothers. he layed on the bed thinking of that day. the day everything changed. he closed his eyes he thought of his best friend, Alexander. "i'm sorry brother, if it wasn't for me you would still be alive, if only i had been quicker." he set a hand on the pouch at his hip, the last gift he had recieved.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-20-2012, 03:07 AM

The wind kicked up more sand as Audry slowly made her way east through a lengthy desert. She had no idea where she was heading, just that she had a job to do. And she knew she could do it very well, but this sand storm had slowed her progress down considerably. Another gust of wind caught the body of her dress, pulling at her and sliding her back a few steps. Two steps forward, one large wind gust back as the saying went.
"I am going to kill this weather. I am going to kill this desert. Once the sun peaks back out, my path will be smooth as glass. After I melt the sand down..." She snarled, gathering the dress's rich cloth up in her arms, she dug her heals into the sand trying to gain some traction. The wind howled louder, bringing more sand up and around the young woman. Cursing she could feel the grit getting into all the crevices of her gown, finding their way into her woven hair, irritating her soft skin. As much as she loathed caves she found herself wishing that there was one near by so she could at least escape the tormenting sandstorm.
To her astonishment the winds died down just enough for her to make out the shadow of a small shanty. It wasn't to her taste, but just a moment ago she was contemplating a cave for escape. She doubled her efforts, each step sinking into the sand and re-filling her shoes. The progress was slow but soon she had the shack in front of her; pieces of scrap metal, bits of old cars, scavenged wood pieces that were probably only there until whoever lived there needed the fuel. The door gave way easily under her forceful shove, the building was empty. Sighing deeply Audry began the meticulous task of trying to remove the sand from her dress, she dreaded to work on her hair on her own, and longed for a hot bath to soak in. But for now all she could do was wait out the sandstorm and hope it ended before dark.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-20-2012, 04:15 AM

"Do we really have to leave already?" Dani asked, a tone of whining entering her voice. Of course she knew the answer, so she kept on packing her stuff anyway. They only had a change of clothes of course, a pair of worn jeans and a simple t-shirt. To help with warmth, they often wore a leotard and tights underneath, as well as a short coat if they had one on hand. Quality clothing was fairly hard to come by ever since the demons attacked, at least in New Orleans.

What she was currently wearing was very similar: blue jeans with a hole in the knee, white tights, a purple leotard, her yellow blouse, and a pair of orange converse sneakers. Not surprisingly, her sister's outfit was very similar to her own. It consisted of blue jeans with various small holes, black tights, a pink leotard, a green t-shirt, and blue and black tennis shoes. Her coat was currently hanging on the rack next to her sister's, both of them a rather indiscriminate gray color. Though they were of fairly good quality, the blankets that they used would also serve as cloaks if it got that cold like up north.

"Yes, unfortunately," Annie replied, possibly a bit too savagely. "You'd think that those idiots would be more willing to accept us for staving off all of those demons, but instead they seem to think we caused them to attack." Her vent ended rather abruptly as she slammed her suitcase shut after putting her coat in it. Dani followed her sister's example glumly, detecting her sister's mood and adding that to the sadness she felt over having to leave in the first place.

The last few preparations involved them pulling the rope that they had attached to the suitcases' handles a long time ago over their shoulders and equipping their weapons. Annie's spear actually had a holster-esque band that went over her other shoulder and allowed her to slip it on her back, while Dani carried her sword in a make-shift sheath at her belt, really just another piece of rope. With all of that said and done, they grasped hands and made their way down to the street, avoiding the holes in the floor. Then they followed what was left of the sidewalk out of the city and turned north.

Last edited by Angelo; 10-20-2012 at 10:32 PM..

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 PM

When her body began to wrinkle up, she stepped out of the bath and wrapped herself in the towel that had been provided for her. It was made of a rough fabric, but it absorbed quite a bit of the water in her long hair before it got heavy.

The clothes she had requested still weren't in their room, so she wrapped herself in a robe made of strange material , wrapping the rough towel around her head, and stepped out into the bedroom. "The tub's all yours if you're ready." she said, walking over to her pack and pulling out an old brush, one of the only possessions she had that wasn't directly linked to killing demons. She brushed out the knots in her hair before throwing herself on her bed. It was filled with harpy feathers, harpy being a localism for the flying, feathered demons that plagued the area in the winter. she sighed, and closed her eyes for a brief moment. She wasn't used to the comfort of a bed, and though she hated it, she missed the rough familiarity of her bear-pelt bedroll, laid out under a rock face to protect them from the wind, and to mask their scent from night predators. She missed being able to hear the sounds of everything around her, even if it meant she was sleeping with one eye open, and if anything, being in this building made her feel more vulnerable.

Eventually, exhaustion got the better of her, and she drifted into a light sleep.She imagined that she was dreaming of the end, of she and Gabriel slaying the very last demon in the world, and ending the fear. but with this end, she felt an emptiness, like her life was without purpose, and suddenly she and her brothers and sisters were the most threatening thing to mankind. She imagined being put in a cage like an animal, and killed in the same manner. Not many things that were lethal to humans could affect them, so the humans shuffled their cages into a black chamber, and set the place up in flames. She felt her soul let go of her body, seeing nothing but the orange of the flames, and the fear and pain in the faces of her comrades.

demon king dante
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM

Gabriel had wrapped a towel around his waist as soon as she opened the door "good timing" he laughed picking up his ciggerettes and lighter heading for the washroom, it was nice to have a smoke and a bath. he walked in closing the door behind him the tub already being refilled from Ameli's bath *indoor plumbing, haven't seen that since before Sentry* he took his towel off and climbed in the tub of cool water, he shuddered and flipped the switch to heat the water. as it started to warm up he lit a smoke up and dipped a wash cloth in the now hot water flipping off the switch leaning back placing the cloth over his eyes, allowing himself to relax for the first time in weeks. he took a long slow drag blowing it out through his nose letting his worries just fall off of him in the water. he thought of his partner and how she used to look after him when they were in Sentry despite the fact he was older and the boy. he smirked, he was such a little wuss back then crying over everything but that little girl always set him straight, a habit she keeps to this day despite the fact he hadn't cried since the night of their fallen brothers, the last night any of them cried. he sighed finishing off his cig dousing it in the bath water and flicking it in the corner. he washed himself the best he could without the soaps he needed then got out dumping a bucket of warm water over his head he had prepared before getting in to get the excess grim off of him and started drying himself off. he wrapped the towel around his waist again and walked out to see Ameli sleeping, one could say almost peacefully. he noticed their clothes were on his bed *must have brought them in when she was sleeping* he picked up the new pair of jeans and put them on *they'll do for now* he thought to himself placing Ameli's clothes at the foot of her bed then kissed her head "sleep well" he whispered putting his shirt on and his ear rings then walked out of the room to look for possibly another job.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM

Within several hours, the twins had managed to cover quite a distance. And even though darkness was coming on, they didn't stop. It wasn't safe to stop in the open, especially not at night. The globe of light bobbing over their heads was what illuminated their path, a soft white that sent the shadows scattering. That was Dani's work, her ability to manipulate light holding all of the photons together. Annie's was the opposite; the power to manipulate darkness. Both skills would come in handy in the woods that they were crossing through. "What do you think happened to the others, Annie?" Dani asked, stepping over a log with her sister's help.

"I heard that two of them were up north in a different city, but I don't remember the name of it," Annie replied, wiping a bit of sweat off of her brow. "Are thinking that we should try and find them?" To be honest, it did actually sound like a good idea to Annie. It wouldn't hurt to get back together, even if just to chat for a while. They were the only people who accepted each other after all.

"Yeah, I was," Dani replied. "I kind of miss them, don't you?" A nod was all she got in return, as her sister put her hand up over her mouth. The sound of a twig cracking in the woods explained everything. More than likely, it was a demon hunting them for sport. Both of them moved their hands to their weapons in sync, though neither of them drew them until the demon began rushing towards them.

Without a word, they broke apart, their weapons springing into the open as the demon charged past them. The breeze left by his speed stank of sulphur and fire, a smell that used to nauseate them. His black skin seemed to absorb the light as he stood, ochre eyes darting back and forth between the two of them. Clearly, he had hoped to ambush the two of them rather than let them know of him. His frustration literally melted into surprise when he felt the tug of shadow on his leg, a band that blended into his skin traveling up it. Even then, it was just a distraction as Dani charged at him with her sword, stopping into a full swing that tore open the beast's chest.

As the demon collapsed, lifeless, the twins began moving again, Dani having wiped her blade off on the grass. "We should keep moving until well after dawn. That was one of the dumb ones, but smarter ones are sure to be around," Annie said as they walked, peering at the sky for a hint of the time. As always though, the sky seemed to model the despair that had gripped the world since the attack. It wasn't a heartening thought.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM

She woke up to silence. It took her a moment to realize why the silence had woken her up and then remembered the sandstorm. Looking around the sad shack she wasn't able to see much as it was fairly dark. She hadn't meant to fall asleep but the arduous trek through the sands had taken its toll on her energy. Her dress was still draped over the table where she had laid it out to try getting to get sand out of all the nooks. Giving it a good shake she slipped it back on. Couldn't get caught without any clothes on, could she?
Taking a peek outside she was greeted by the dark of night. Grumbling to her self she decided to stay put until morning. The shack itself was small but seemed to have quite a few scraps of junk laying around. Since she didn't know what the exact time was she began to go through the stuff to see if there was anything of worth mixed among the junk. Small strips of metal, springs, hinges... most of the scraps seemed to be organized as if the person was working on some sort of project. Bingo. A diary. Flipping through the pages Audry gave a bored sigh, most of this was just laundry list of items and day to day happenstance. Her face broke out into a devious smile as she came across a particular entry, apparently two individuals particularly gifted in killing demons came through here. Although the entry was dated some months back, she was on the right path.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 AM

(Alright, now that she put that up, I can post without feeling like a creeper! Yay!)

The blood on his hands was enough to curl his lips, the red liquid dripping onto the calloused and rough skin of his overused palm. Grumbling in utter annoyance, Logan lifted his hand and removed the glasses from his face, using the already soiled hand to wipe away the blood dripping from beneath his eyelids, causing his vision to tinge red and sting the organ unmercifully. As he pulled his hand away, he replaced his glasses, removing an old, soiled handkerchief from his jean's pocket, wiping the blood from his hand and stuff the cloth back into his pocket. His jeans were a tad warn, months of travelling having taken their tole. His shirt was slightly newer; a plaid button up a size and a half too big, pillaged from the pack of a man who thought it smart to mug him. His shoes were about as bad, if not worse, as his jeans; simple tennis shoes that had been red at one point, but had long since faded to a dull, ashy gray.

He turned, surveying the damage behind him. A failed mugging. A small gang of rovers thought the lone teen with the obvious sight issue would be an easy target. All they got out of their problem was one of their own turning on them, drug-addled brain far too easy to usurp. The sound of gunfire and yelling was ended when Logan slit his own puppets throat, the dagger going uncleaned as he sheathed it. He couldn't bother now. Not with night falling on the road around him.

He continued on his way, hands in his pocket as he eyed the dark and tall trees, being sure to scan the area for any thought process. He was met only with insects and a lesser imp that was easily turned away. The hours passed for him in silence as he moved down the long abandoned road, stopping only to eye a road sign. There was a town nearby. He couldn't read the name, but he could vaguely make out letters and a number. Maybe he could gather some information on those slippery little eels there, maybe even spend the night. With a small smile, he continued to move, ignoring the soft throb of a now fading headache and continuing on his mission to ruthlessly murder two young girls.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 11-06-2012 at 03:40 AM..

Karakuripierrot

Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 AM

Alice huddled in the corner of an abandoned warehouse, her eyelids heavy with exhaustion as she tucked up her knees to her chest resting her chin on them. Her greatly worn sweater providing little protection from the cold that cut through to her bones. From the corner of her eyes she saw flicker of movement that made her flinch and move further into the corner if that were even possible, her breath making white clouds in the air in front of her. Gold eyes searching rapidly for the source of movement they rested on a bedraggled rat scuttling across the floor boards. Alice sighed in relief, moving the scarf up to cover her red nose. *Where am I again?* she thought as she hid her hands up into her over-sized sweater.

Looking up she saw the crisp night sky out of a small window located high above. A light snow floated lightly in the sky showing that the previous blizzard had finally dissipated. Narrowing her eyes in concentration she pried through her mind, trying to remember if she saw any signs hinted as to her current location, finding nothing Alice gave up on that venture. *The important part is that I should be far enough away from the others.*