Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 06:55 AM

Percy screwed up again. He knew it the second he entered the alley and heard nothing. A whole lot of nothing. The intel he intercepted still rung in his head: Gun exchange at fifth and Lexington. Percy smirked when he heard that, thinking he could finally do his part for the gang. He'd show them all, especially Alex. He'd show them he could take down a couple unsuspecting gangsters and come out with a load of guns. Even Alex would have to show him some respect then. That's what Percy thought. The second he walked into the location though, he realized how rash he had been.

Five shadows separated themselves from general darkness of night. Percy spun, his long blonde hair whipping out behind him. "Oh shit!" he cursed as he reached for the gun shoved in his waistband. A two by four crashed into him before his fingers touched metal.

Dizziness. His knees hit the ground. Pain. Hands dragged his arms behind his back. The voices reached him a second later. "I told you our network had a leak. What the hell, just one person came though. What should we do?" someone whined.

Percy opened his eyes to see a tall, older man hit a wimpy one. "This isn't a victory! One brat! You caught one lousy guy. Just kill him. Send a message to the gang's leader." Percy's eyes went wide. He screamed and kicked, knocking off one of the rival gangsters that held him. The light from the main road hit his ring and the others stopped, suddenly stilled. The tall man grabbed his hand and inspected the band of gold.

"Ohoho. What's this? The crest of the dragon? I guess he isn't a small fry after all. Tie him up and toss him in old jail. See if we can't draw the Dragon out with him." He let out another laugh and Percy's heart dropped even farther. They noticed the ring that marked him as family to the gang's head.

Oh he really screwed up this time.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 03-11-2015 at 05:34 AM..

Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 PM

Kallen leaned up against a brick wall, huffing as he tried to catch his breath again. He looked behind him, making sure that no one had caught up with him yet. Kallen had a long list of stupid ideas that haunted his past, but this one definitely took the cup. Not that he'd admit it to anyone, but he was definitely regretting betraying his gang now.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"For fuck's sake," he mumbled. He was known for being one of the fastest runners in his gang, but despite that, it seemed they had already caught up. Just as he was about to started running again, he was grabbed roughly back the back of his hood and thrown against the ground. He looked up, ignoring the sharp pain the spread throughout his body, and glared at the face of one of the gang members. The stupid guy had a haughty smirk on his face. "Now now Kallen, did you honestly think you'd be able to get away?" he asked. Kallen glared up at the other male. Of course they would send Ryan after him. After all they had the longest, most violent feud that their gang had ever seen. Ryan kicked his hard in the gut, making Kallen groan and wince, but he didn't lessen his glare.

"Well of course I did when they've sent someone as weak as you after me," he growled. Then another kick came. And another, and then one more for good measure. "You're lucky that boss decided not to kill you," Ryan growled. He grabbed Kallen by the hood again, bringing him up to his feet. Kellan's black beanie fell to the ground, and his dark hair flew all over the place. He blew some air up to get some of his hair out of his face and only glared back at Ryan. "Oh yeah, I'm definitely lucky. Luckiest guy in the world right now," he laughed sarcastically. The a punch came, and another one, and then a few more, leaving Kallen with a bloody mouth. "Don't be so sarcastic with me bastard. You're the one who decided to give secret information to at least a dozen other gangs," the other male growled.

Kallen spit some of the blood that was filling his mouth into Ryan's face, "Oh trust me, I did way more than that. You guys just haven't figured it out yet." And with that, one last blow was delivered, and Kallen was knocked out. "Should've never trusted the street rat in the first place," he heard Ryan grumble before he was surrounded by darkness.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 10:38 PM

When Percy came to again, he thought he must still be unconscious. He opened his eyes to the same shade of darkness and for a minute, just stared ahead in confusion. What happened? His head hurt and that one thing told him this wasn't a dream. Where did the fight go and where was he now? Only the dripping of water met his ears. When Percy tried to move, he found his arms bound behind his back. The wet ground seeped into his jeans and loose, flashy shirt. So this was how it would end? Rotting away in the basement of some unknown building in enemy territory? With a start, he realized they took his ring, probably to give to his cousin. He dropped his head to the filthy concrete with resignation.

The Golden Dragons started as a Chinese gang, but about a generation ago, Alex, without a hint of Asian blood, killed the gang's leader and took his place. The gang took a sharp turn for the better and worse in many ways. Mixed races joined and Alex ruled with a strong and cruel hand. He took what territory and business he could from the city's other gangs. Just like The Dragon always did, he killed what got in the way of profit--friend, foe, and kin alike. If the enemy thought he would come for his screw-up cousin, then they didn't know Alex. Percy was as good as dead unless he could find his own way out.

Just as he resigned himself to this fate, light flooded the room from a square well above. He realized it to be a door above a flight of stairs. The glow illuminated bare walls and metal pipes as well as the figures in the doorway.

"Toss him down and let's get out of here!" One voice snapped. "This place gives me the creeps."

"Shouldn't we tie him up?"

"Why? The door is bolted and his wrists are bound."

"But the other pris-"

"What of it? Enemy gangs? It saves us the cost of bullets if they kill each other." A scuffle of footsteps later and a thump sounded. The light flipped out with the heavy sound of a lock following.

Naruto forever

Old 01-02-2015, 11:15 PM

Kallen woke up almost the second his body hit the cold ground. Stupid mutts. Even if he had betrayed their gang, he was still at a higher level than them, and he swore that the minute he got out he would kick their asses to Mars and back. He still felt dizzy, and there was still a sharp pain that seemed to spread throughout his body, but the worst thing was that he couldn't see anything. He could barely see his own hands, let alone a foot in front of him.

In technicality, Kallen figured he deserved this. After all this gang had took him in when he was just a kid, and he had betrayed them. Not that he really felt bad about betraying most of the people in it, but he felt absolutely terrible about going against James and Tyler. Both of them acted like family, like brothers to him when he had none. Especially James, since he was the one who found Kallen as a kid. Kallen could still remember James' father yelling at him, saying that they couldn't take in some kid that was left on the street. Of course, James being James didn't care. The second that James became leader of the gang, he made Kallen a full fledged member.

But it didn't matter anyone. Kallen had made his choice, and he couldn't take it back now. He had been doing things behind the gang's back for years now, it was bound that they would find out sooner or later. At first it had just started with Kallen telling an opposing gang about what the members were like. It got him some extra money, and at the time he had been mad. About what, Kallen couldn't remember now. It soon turned into him giving information to many gangs, including their enemy. It was just a few days ago when Kallen had over heard that the gang was planning on attacking two others, so he had told the other gangs what their plan was. As well as a few weak points. It wasn't enough so that the two others would be able to defeat his gang, but they did pay generously.

"Damnit, the least they could do is turn on the fucking lights!" he yelled, hopefully loud enough that someone would hear him and turn them on. When the didn't come on, Kallen sighed. He slowly stood up, struggling a bit with his bound wrists, but then he leaned against the wall. "Fuck." he sighed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 05:43 AM

Percy swallowed hard. Who was this and why was he there? He didn't seem to know he wasn't alone though and being chained to a pillar, Percy decided he was at a disadvantage. If this newcomer turned out to be less than friend...he winced at the thought. Pulling himself up as well he could, Percy decided to do what he was best at--lie.

"Whoever you are, don't come near me. I've got a knife!" Even if he didn't, Percy would fight. He may have been the family screw up and the laughing stock of his entire gang, but he was scrappy. He had to be, being born into this life. With his hair grown out, he looked like a tall, boney girl (or so he'd been told). With it short though, he looked like a brat fresh out of grammar school. He'd rather have it this way, but it didn't make life easier among shady folks. His cousin's influence would only go so far, especially since he wouldn't look twice at Percy.

The chains rattled. Shit. "I-I'm not lying. I'm the cousin of the head of the dragons so you don't want to mess with me!"

Naruto forever

Old 01-03-2015, 06:01 AM

Kallen jumped slightly when he heard a new voice. He quickly tried to regain his composure, acting as if he was never startled by the sudden new noise, when he realized that it didn't matter because there was no possible way that the other person could have seen him. He raised an eyebrow, wondering why this person was acting so scared. After all, what good would it be if Kallen decided to hurt the other? Despite being stupid, Kallen was at least smart enough to not waste his energy on fighting in a dark cell. One, because it was so dark that they wouldn't be able to even find each other to fight. And two, because even if they did fight, it wouldn't matter who won. They were both locked up in here, and fighting was going to get them out.

"Whoa, calm down there. I'm not looked to get stabbed, and I don't exactly want to fight either," Kallen said, trying to use a softer tone.

And then he heard chains rattling, and the other person--who Kallen was assuming was a guy by the sound of his voice--seemed to get worried. Kallen slowly started to walk towards where he thought the voice was coming from, trying to make almost no noise, but enough so that he would scare the other boy.

"Look, that's great and all, but I don't care. So I'm guessing that's why you're in here, right? Family of our greatest enemy. Jeez, these guys can be such pushovers." he said, laughing a bit. When he thought he was relatively close to the other, Kallen plopped down on the ground with a sigh. "It's amazing accommodations here, huh? Just like a five star hotel," he said sarcastically.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 AM

After a second of tensely listening to the other approach, Percy managed not to squeak when he plopped down nearby. Oh yeah, scrappy for sure. He was starting to act like a girl now. He took in a deep breath so that when he spoke, he didn't sound as scared as he was. "Who are you? What did you do to piss them off?" Just like the men said, they hadn't bothered tying this new guy to a post like Percy so if he wanted to do anything...do what? Percy had never been the greatest thinker and couldn't really say. He turned his head away from the other in an unseen act of defiance.

"Wouldn't know. Never seen a five star hotel from the inside. That stuff is posh shit anyway. When I escape though, I'll send you a post card of one!" He laughed like someone trying too hard.

Naruto forever

Old 01-03-2015, 06:26 AM

Kallen leaned back slowly, trying to feel a wall or something that he could rest against. When he didn't feel anything, he simply let himself fall, and lay down on the ground. He could already feel his anger simmering down. Talking to people always did help after all, even if he didn't know who he was talking to. "I'm Kallen," he said, "And as for what I did to piss them off...well I did a lot of shit. They don't know most of it though. I betrayed them basically." He paused for a second. "Apparently they don't exactly like it if you stab them in the back. Whoops," he laughed. He could tell that the other was at least a bit scared, but then again Kallen would have been too if he didn't know where he was, who was with him, or anything. At least Kallen knew what this room was, the procedures that the gang went through with prisoners, and so on. The other man beside him knew nothing of it.

"Neither have I," he said, "Unless a dusty old room that looks like a century old vampire lived in it counts." He squirmed a bit in his spot, feeling uncomfortable with his wrists bound. "So you're thinking about escaping, huh?" Kallen asked with a bit of a smirk, "Don't bother. I know the boss, and in a few days or so he'll let us out. Think of it as a temporary vacation, or somethin'." Well, he at least hoped that James would let them out. James was soft hearted most of the time, but he tended to have a nasty temper. To be honest, Kallen was a bit scared that he set off James' temper this time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 AM

Kallen huh? Weird name. Percy purposely didn't offer his in return. He didn't trust this guy especially after what he heard. He found himself bristling and his temper flared again. "What? You're one of them?!" he snapped. He didn't care what the guy said he did. The man was a filthy dog just like all the rest of his gang. Percy kicked out wildly with his leg, trying to connect with something. He didn't though and just tore his jeans at the knee, leaving the wetness free to slick across his pale skin. A sneer split his pretty face. "Well forgive me if I don't believe a dog like you! I'm escaping and that's that!"

A deep breath later and he had the sense to hang his head. He pulled useless at his cuffed wrists. They were loose, his wrists being thin. He'd rub his skin raw if he had to, but could he escape even then? He understood why they called him a hotheaded youth and why Alex never looked twice at him. He squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lips. It didn't stop his words from coming out. "Let us out to kill us I'm sure. You're one of them so you've got some kind of complex. Not me though. I'm no use to anyone except as bait and I have no daydreams that my cousin will come for me." He needed to make his own luck this time.

Naruto forever

Old 01-04-2015, 01:55 AM

Kallen flinched slightly when the other yelled harsh words. If he could have he would have waved his hands in mock surrender. He had always been told that he could be too easy going. "Fine, fine, don't believe me. I don't see how it'll make much difference if you do or not," he said. Kallen wasn't trying to make some sort of new friendship, or weird bond with this guy, so he honestly didn't care. He just wanted something to do while he waited to be let out. Boredom was always his enemy in every way. "Oo, family issues eh?" he mocked slightly when the other spoke of their cousin, "Well I'm sure that if you tell them that your not any use for bait they'll be more than happy to simply kill you. Well, most of the members would anyways."

Kallen paused for a minute. "But you know...if you made them think your some sort of strong, needed member of your gang, then they'll give you some more time to get out of here alive," he hummed. The members in his gang were rough, violent and dirty. They would definitely keep any sort of bait they needed, and once enough time had gone by they would change tactics. To be honest, that was why Kallen hated most of the people. No one had any brains, no one could make a legitimate plan. It angered him. "They won't kill you if you trick them basically," he nodded to himself.

But what about Kallen himself? James definitely wouldn't want to let anyone kill him. They were too close as family. Tyler...well Tyler was always difficult to understand. Kallen wasn't too sure about him. The rest of the gang would want his head on a stake and his heart fed to a dog just for good measures. "Oh well," he mumbled quietly, "If worst comes to worst I'll just run."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 03:09 AM

It was seriously irritating to talk to this guy. Percy grit his teeth. "They already think I'm high up in the dragons. That's the problem." He yanked on his bonds once again, trying with all his might. Twisting and biting back his curses, Percy struggled. His wrists moved just enough to give him hope. If he could just shift his thumb a little more, he might slip out of them. "Almost got it now," he muttered to himself. Percy glanced over where he suspected Kallen lay. Even in a place too dark to see, he felt that guy staring at him, surely. Surely judging him just like everyone else. Percy gathered his pride around him like an insulating blanket. He refused to be daunted. "Almost-" The sharp edge of the metal cut his wrist and he gasped.

"Ahg, shit..." he hissed. Warm blood oozed down his wrist. Nothing drastic, but his temper boiled over with the blood. Percy threw himself onto his side with an angry kick of his legs. "Shit! This really sucks! I'm going to kill those guys in revenge! I'm definitely going to kill them and...and it you run, I'll kill you for getting away safe too!" He was unreasonable and he knew. He was angry though and that meant lashing out, no matter who was in the way. "Come closer so I can kick you!"

Naruto forever

Old 01-04-2015, 04:48 AM

Kallen raised an eyebrow at the boy who sat tied up beside him. He couldn't see him, but he could definitely hear him struggling to get out of the chains. Gonna fight to the end huh? he thought. He listened curiously, once again flinching when the boy broke out into a fit. Oh, he heard me. Kallen sighed. Honestly this guy was overreacting, and as fun as it was to listen to him throw a tantrum, he just really wasn't in the mood for it. "Listen, I'm not so much of an idiot that I'm going to let you kick me. Nor am I going to let you kill me if I end up escaping too. Now calm your ass down because struggling isn't going to get you out, and neither is screaming and kicking like a five year old." Kallen snapped, "So now you have two choices, talk to me like a fucking civil human being so we both don't die from boredom, or continue trying to squeeze your way out of those chains. But if you choose the second one, make sure you do it quietly, 'cause I don't want to listen to anymore fucking whining."

He stretched as much as he could in his spot on the floor. He admitted that the other guy was brave for wanting to go for revenge, but Kallen new it was almost impossible to get out of here. So he didn't want to listen to anyone screaming about how they were going to kill everything for another few hours until someone came in to give them food. He sighed. Ok, so maybe he wasn't the nicest person on Earth, or the most trustworthy, or smartest for that matter either, but it honestly wouldn't hurt the guy if he just talked with Kallen, would it? Why was everyone in a gang so stuck up?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 05:19 AM

His wrists hurt, his pride lay crushed someone on the ground, and this dark wet basement wouldn't let Percy cool down. "I don't need your fucking company!" he snapped. Kallen talked down to him just like everyone else, but he wasn't just a brat. One day he'd show them all...as soon as he got out of here. Percy huffed and kept his back turned. At least a minute passed. A whole minute filled with breathing and the steady drip of water over that. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore.

"And what am I supposed to talk to you about? I doubt we have anything in common other than being nasty sorts and screwed." Which admittedly was a lot in common. More than a lot of people had for conversation topics. Plenty of gang stories to be told and probably the same sob past that led them to it. Percy was never much of a talker though. Never had much chance for civil pleasantries before. "How old are you anyway? I swear, if you're younger than me, I'll be pissed!"

Naruto forever

Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 AM

Kallen shrugged. Ok, so maybe he wouldn't get rid of his boredom by talking with the other boy. It was only a minute later that the other decided to talk again, apparently unable to bear the silence. "Well, I mean you could start with your name. That's usually a good way to start conversation," Kallen offered, "And you know those two things we have in common could be pretty fun topic. You never know."

"I'll be eighteen next week," Kallen answered, "And why would you be pissed if I'm younger? 'Cause I'm obviously the better one at keeping my cool in these situations?" He laughed to show he was joking, since the other male seemed to not quite fully understand his sarcasm. "How about you, how old are you?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 06:28 AM

Percy didn't want to talk and he certainly didn't want to share. After half a minute of silence, he gave in. "Name's Percy," he muttered as if he still begrudged sharing that information. "Shit, I'm totally nineteen! No one younger than me has the right to talk down like I'm an idiot!" When he realized he said that out loud, he bit his tongue. Hitting a hand against his head, he cursed his lack of control. "Damn, I totally had you pegged for at least twenty." Maybe it was because Kallen sounded like Alex, sorta. Perhaps how Alex would sound if he deigned to speak to Percy whenever not absolutely necessary. "So does a brat like you have a place to go if you get out of here?"

Naruto forever

Old 01-04-2015, 06:46 AM

Kallen held back a laugh. He had to admit that listening to Percy get upset over little things was more than a bit amusing. Was I really talking down to him though? he thought, ...I guess I was. Once he was sure he would laugh, he talked again. "Sorry, sorry, it's a bad habit of mine. I use sarcasm too much and end up talking down to basically everyone I guess, though you're the first person to call me out for it." It was probably because he had been the youngest person to actually become a member of the gang, and since he always hung around the hot shots he gained that bit of superior attitude. It was hard not to have a superior attitude while in a gang though, if Kallen was being honest.

He sent Percy a small glare when he called him a brat. "First of all, I'm not a brat. I'm only a year younger than you," he huffed, "And second of all, I'm kind of hoping that I can weasel my way back into the gang. If not then just convince a couple of them that I'm really sorry and stay with them." He sighed. He hoped that it would work, because if not he really had no place to go. He was usually pretty good with persuasion, but everyone who knew him knew that. He typically got what he wanted when he wanted it. This time though...he wasn't too sure. He had probably crossed the line of no return.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 07:22 AM

Percy snorted. He didn't take Kallen's apology for shit, but it did ease his temper a little, much as he didn't want to admit it. "I'd wish you luck with that, but it wouldn't be very like a dragon of me." He couldn't forget they were from rival gangs. They both wanted back into theirs and that hardly left room for friendship. Biting his lip, he started twisting his hands again with a little more tact than before. He refused to make a loud show of his efforts. "What'd you turn on them for anyway? That's a pretty shitty thing to do especially if you're going to regret it. I know if it was my cuz in charge, you'd be dead before you could say sorry."

Percy shuddered at the thought, especially since he was in too similar a situation. It didn't matter though. He would escape. And then what? For a second, Percy paused to think. If he did that, he couldn't expect to go back to his gang and be welcomed with open arms. Whether he snitched or not, being in enemy hands once made him an unreliable loose end. Unless...he brought a prize along to cushion his failures. "....actually, I do wish you luck. At least one of us should have a family to back to," he said with a smile dawning on his face.

Naruto forever

Old 01-04-2015, 06:43 PM

Kallen rolled his eyes. There was no doubt that Percy was part of a gang, with that attitude and all. He sighed at his question though. Why did he betray them? There wasn't exactly a good reason as to why, he just did. He found out he could, so he did. "I guess it was mainly out of boredom...and greed. People pay a lot for little secrets, you know?" He shrugged, "Wow your cousin sounds pretty mean. James is too soft for that, but if the others convince him I'll probably be dead by next week." He said it light heartedly, but Kallen really was worried. When it was nearly the entire gang who would probably want him dead against maybe five people who were ok with keeping him alive, he didn't have a very good chance. If they wanted, they could overthrow James. Or they could just disobey him. Or convince him that they were right. There were endless possibilities, and only a couple led to Kallen surviving. He knew he could outfight up to six, maybe seven of them. But they knew that too. In fact, because they were part of the same gang, they knew most of his weaknesses, which definitely put him in a bad position.

He raised an eyebrow at Percy. "C'mon, I'm sure your cousin will take you back." Actually he wasn't sure, but somehow he felt that he needed to say that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 07:22 PM

Boredom and greed? At least now Percy knew Kallen wasn't higher than the average gangster. He expected a righteous reason. They usually spouted nonsense like that when betraying their own. But it was all for greed in the end. At least this guy admitted it. For a second, a rueful smile crossed his face, then Percy slumped forward with he elbows resting against his knees. "This James guy sounds too nice for a gangster. That's just...bad business." Even though he said that, he did so with little force. As usual, unable to stop his mouth, he kept talking. "It's one thing to say that gang is your family and another when your family is the gang. These days, it's just me and Alex. I never gave him a reason to rely on me, so like I said, it's just business. Deep down, all seedy folks are like this. We're looking out for number one!"

And that's why Percy would do whatever he could to get on Alex's good side. He had no one else to rely on, not even himself. On his own, he knew he'd die within the year, screw up that he was. I'm going to deliver Kallen to The Dragons when I get the chance, like a head on a damn silver platter. Which meant using Kallen to escape would only be a bonus.

Naruto forever

Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 AM

Kallen let out a laugh. No, no James really didn't sound like a gangster. Picking up orphans off the streets as if they were stray cats, taking care of them, treating them like family. That was definitely not something a gangster would do. And yet, out of everyone, Kallen was afraid of James' wrath the most. "Yea, he's definitely a real sweetheart, I'm not gonna lie. He probably couldn't even hurt a fly on a good day," he hummed, "But trust me, he's absolutely terrifying when he's angry. I think that's why not many gangs mess with us; they're too afraid of his temper." He nodded to himself as if he were agreeing. He had never really thought about it before, but it seemed like the truth now that he had said it.

"Well, I wouldn't know anything like that. As far as I'm concerned though, blood doesn't make people family." he said. Wow that was cheesy. he thought immediately afterwards. "But you are definitely right about everyone looking out for first place. But whaddya expect when your in a gang? Everyone's stupid, greedy, and violent. Simple as that." He shrugged. It was the way of life and everyone knew it, even the most idiotic person. He twisted his wrists slightly wondering if he could free them. They had only bound his wrists with some tape and rope, so it shouldn't be too hard, but it almost seemed like it would be a waste of energy. "Wonder when they'll turn the lights on, its getting annoying to sit here the dark," he hummed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 12:24 AM

"Isn't that the story of us all," Percy muttered with a roll of his eyes. The sweet ones always had the worst tempers. He knew someone in his own gang like that, an almost friend. But he didn't really have friends, not expecting any large degree of two way trust from anyone. "But it's not like I wouldn't flip on a friend if it kept me alive too." He probably shouldn't say that, but whatever. Kallen wouldn't expect anything.

Percy might have agreed that gangsters were stupid, and all of that. But a part of him thought that violent, greedy behavior was smart. As much as that behavior got looked down on in gentler places, it was the smartest kind of survival down here. He hated that people got like that, but he understood it too. After all, he was just like them. "Why don't you whine to them about it then? They're more likely to listen to you," he griped. But he could do with lights as well. They could hardly escape without seeing shit.

Naruto forever

Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 PM

Kallen raised an eyebrow at Percy. "I guess that's something everyone in this business would do. Well, most at least," he shrugged. He couldn't really say anything about turning on friends, because he had done it too. Though he did it for a worse reason, he wasn't protecting his own hide, he was only doing it out of boredom, to see what would happen if he did. It was in his blood to be untrustworthy, that was just a part of who he was. Most of the members hadn't even been surprised. Either way, he didn't have a place to judge others for being untrustworthy.

"Ha, I'm sure they'd love that," he chuckled, "But I won't. I will however try to trick one of those idiots into turning them on." His pride was too big to either whine or beg, or even complain about the lights. But if he could somehow trick one of them into turning the lights then it would be a win win. Kallen would get to keep his pride and would get the lights on, while the idiot would get to think that they outthought him or something. He didn't really care.

He spent the next while comfortable silence. He didn't try to strike up another conversation, and he felt tiredness start to pull at him. He'd been in here for a few hours, he was sure about it, so it was about time that they brought some sort of food. He knew that no one in his gang would make prisoners go without food. Something like not wanting the prisoners to die before they could make use of them or something. He didn't really care either way.

As if on cue, the door opened slightly, and rough voice entered his ears. "I've got dinner for the Dragon," the voice paused, and Kallen could basically hear the smirk in it, "But no for the idiot betrayer." Kallen sighed. He probably should have expected this. Right now they were more angry with him than anyone. "Oh well, if I really want food I could attack you and get out of here to get some. Or I could just steal his," he challenged, "It's so dark that no one would notice anyways." He kept his voice nonchalant, trying to edge the guy on.

After a few minutes of silence, the guy slid the plate towards where Kallen assumed Percy was, and then the lights switched on. "There, now you can't," the guy said smugly and then closed the door. Kallen held back a laugh. That was too easy. The guy was obviously new, especially because Kallen had barely recognized him, but mainly because he was tricked so easily. "See? Told you," he glanced at Percy, letting out a small laugh.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2015, 02:31 AM

When the conversation died, Percy satisfied himself with tapping his finger to the beat of dripping water. It made sitting and waiting just a little more tolerable. He tensed when the door opened, but said nothing. He'd keep hold of his pride and as Kallen said, he tricked the food bringer into turning on the lights. Percy just rolled his eyes. Weren't these gangsters a little too lame and stupid? He couldn't respect something like that.

"Whatever. Gloat if you want," he complained. For the first time, he could look at the person he'd been talking to. Percy took a second just to look, then twisted his head away. It's not like he wanted to get caught staring. Instead, he turned his attention to the plate he'd been offered. It looked like bread and sorta nasty eggs. Energy and protein? Sure, it's what a person needed to survive, but he felt insulted to see it in front of him. His hands were still bound and the effort it would take to eat this mess without utensils would be more humiliating than worth it. He pushed the plate over to Kallen. "Please feel free to steal it from me."

Percy was far more interested in looking at his environment anyway. All he needed to do was come up with a plan, which was easier said than done. The crappy basement didn't offer much. "Well...this is uninspiring."

Naruto forever

Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM

He smirked at Percy, simply happy that his plan had worked. He had figured it would've taken more, but they made the mistake of sending a newbie to them. He took in Percy's appearance, slightly surprised by how young and...almost effeminate he looked. Of course, Kallen didn't exactly look like he was nearing his thirties or anything, but he did at least have the face and body of a seventeen year old boy, albeit being on a bit on the lanky side. He didn't say anything though. From what he knew so far about Percy, if he made fun of his appearance, even if he was only teasing the other boy would get upset.

"Eat those?" Kallen bit back a laugh, "Nah. I'd rather not eat their sloppy prison food. It's more than disgusting. Plus, even if I'm not completely tied up like you, I've still got my hands behind my back." He shrugged. He wasn't exactly hungry anyways, plus he felt that it would somehow be losing if he "stole" Percy's food.

"What did you expect it to look like? Sparkles and rainbows with brightly painted walls?" Kallen asked sarcastically. It was just a couple of polls to keep prisoners tied up to. That was it. Muddy, dirty, dusty, everything that was in some sort of fairy tail dungeon. "Even if it's gross, it's still good to see," Kallen hummed to himself.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2015, 10:20 PM

Percy continued to frown at his surroundings. "Che. I was just expecting something more useful," he muttered. This was a whole lot of nothing. Nothing to help them escape. He looked down at the plate again. Could he use that? He couldn't see how. Feeling pissed off at everything, he kicked the 'food' away. "Hell. I can see, but see what? Where's the forgotten bobbie pin like in the movies. They leave you half tied up, but no tool for our escape? They're supposed to be stupid!" It's not that he really expected that, but he was going to complain if he was upset.

"So now what? Trick them to give us a key?" He snorted, knowing how impossible that would be. After a second, Percy leaned his head back against the pole he was tied too. Just for a little, he looked dejected before he forced the feeling down. "I guess we can always keep chatting like old friends!"