chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-13-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
It became so quiet in here...

Been so busy doing writing for a fanfic event that I haven't been checking in to the internet much. Did I miss much?

I love Chrys' new avi~ <3
gosh, i love your avatar!

i'm hanahaki disease, but decided to make this my main (it was my mule before). so hanahaki disease is my mule now

i've been writing fanfic too! only thing i've been writing apart from college, actually. speaking of which, i graduate in may. i can't wait! time to stop the sacrifices and do the things i want to do

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 04-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Same here, Star! I'm really nervous about it... ;;

I've been lurking around while doing 1x1s (when I have the energy) and playing MUDs and MMOs. (Right now my actives are Maple Story 2 and Achaea, respectively.)

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 AM

I've just been...lurking. XP

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-14-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
Same here, Star! I'm really nervous about it... ;;

I've been lurking around while doing 1x1s (when I have the energy) and playing MUDs and MMOs. (Right now my actives are Maple Story 2 and Achaea, respectively.)
i really like games with cute art so i've been meaning to try Maple Story for a while (the first one, because i haven't even played that).
and there's a game like Achaea (from what i can see) that i want to try, it's called Sindome. it's cyberpunk. fun stuff. i'm also enjoying Fallen London.
i'm gonna have to wait until i graduate to try all the games i want to and immerse myself in them, so really these were just my surface impressions.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-15-2019, 07:58 AM

Fallen London I've heard of, but Sindome I haven't. Might google it and see what it is....

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-15-2019, 11:02 AM

yeah Fallen London is funny. Sindome seems cool cause it's the kind of MMORPG where you write commands and cody looking things, which sort of fits with the whole cyberpunk theme? like i find it more immersive than games with a load of realistic graphics, but that's just my personal experience!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-17-2019, 03:59 PM

I've been staring at all this conversation happening and trying to convince myself I feel like being social! DX

so heeeey ya'll! What's up? I see that hanahaki is back~ What sort of fanfiction have you been writing?

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 04-19-2019, 01:02 AM

@Starferry
The good news about Maplestory is that there's no need to play 1 to understand 2! As far as I can tell, it's a reboot of the plot. Though 1 never really had a plot, lol...

And I play Fallen London too! Not much, though, since it's kind of a dull game at times. I know of Sindome as well, it seems to be pretty popular as far as MUDs go. I might jump into it, I'm not sure...

I'm still suffering through the tail end of college, so I kinda don't feel like doing anything at the moment... @_@

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-20-2019, 08:14 AM

That feel when you've got three more pages to write, but your brain's just "nope".

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-20-2019, 08:47 AM

@Themis I'm at the tail end of college too! I'm graduating in two weeks, as a matter of fact. So finals all the way until then x.x so I don't feel like doing anything either. Not even studying, lol. It'll all be over soon though!

@Kat Yass I'm back and I'm so happy to talk to you again! I've been writing k-pop fanfiction! Most of it is pouring my love into the ship Baekhyun x Kai of EXO. But I've written a bunch of fics for them, some are waiting for fest deadlines to get posted, others are up, and I've a novel length angst one in the works ^^

@Tsuki I'm feeling like that for the essays I have due atm but I feel it with fics too T.T

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-20-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
That feel when you've got three more pages to write, but your brain's just "nope".
That's me with editing. I wanted to finish 14 chapters this month but I've only done 6 so far.

Starferry: Ah! My roommate reads a ton of Kpop fanfiction. I don't particularly read it myself, but I hear all about the fics she's read. I've got a couple bookmarked that I would like to read at some point.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 04-21-2019, 01:00 AM

@starferry:
MOOD, oh my god. @_@ I'm so glad all I have to worry about is one math class...

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 PM

@Kat yep, I read a ton of K-pop FF too, and I'm curious to know what you have bookmarked! And omg. You drafted a novel? That's amazing in itself, and if you've edited 6 chapters that's almost half done! You give yourself too little credit!
Also, I'd love to hear more about your writing project

@Themis Lowkey luckyyy... I have a test and three essays to do for one literature and two philosophy courses. I WANT IT ALL TO BE OVER ALREADYY

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-22-2019, 10:44 PM

Well, all these chapters aren't for the same project. But I mean, I do complete novels from time to time. >.> Most of what I'm working on are one shot fics, but I need to finish the last two chapters of a longer fic and I wanted to start with the looooong fic. That ain't happening though.

I know one of the fics that my roomie sent me is called Side by Side by Side and is a poly EXO fic, but I don't remember the actual trio. There is as a Shinee fic called Young Hearts. Has like....literally all the idols in it.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 04-23-2019, 01:38 AM

My final is done!! I got an A!!!

Now to... get energy back, or whatever...

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-24-2019, 08:42 AM

When you figure that out, can you tell me how you managed it? ^^;

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 03:28 PM

I'm glad you did so well on your final, Chrys! Sounds like you worked hard for it!

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-25-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
But I mean, I do complete novels from time to time. >.>
The casual way you say that. Damn. That's style.

And ooh, you're writing a looooooong fic! *sparkly eyes* don't worry, i'm writing mostly one shots too.

i found side by side by side, the ship is cbx! wouldn't be surprised if that's the most popular poly ship in exo, actually. when subunits with more than two members happen the poly ships practically write themselves :p

funny thing is, one of the exo writers i follow and talk to called bbaegi recced me tatoeba as writing she liked within cbx ficdom, and a few days after that you tell me you got recced a tatoeba cbx fic :o

@Themis omg luckyyyyyy! congrats! you worked hard! you totally deserve to just relax and have fun until you're energised again; have the funnest break ever *hugs*

@Tsuki for me it takes like a looooot of binge-watching, some cycling, yoga, baking and catching up with friends, not to mention writing, before i feel like me again... damn i give myself such a hard time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 08:57 PM

XDD

What's the longest thing you've written? My longest fic or original story is 88k. It's one of the few things I've actually finished.

Lol, that makes sense. Subunits really do lend themselves to poly. I figure I'll read it at some point, but I've been pretty stuck in Avengers and Attack on Titan fandoms so I'm not sure I want to branch out to another one.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-26-2019, 08:10 AM

Hnngnggh...I really need to write the ending to this fanfic, so I know what tf it's doing

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
XDD

What's the longest thing you've written? My longest fic or original story is 88k. It's one of the few things I've actually finished.

Lol, that makes sense. Subunits really do lend themselves to poly. I figure I'll read it at some point, but I've been pretty stuck in Avengers and Attack on Titan fandoms so I'm not sure I want to branch out to another one.
I wrote a 70k original work once but it was total shit so I don't count it. My one-shots tend to be in the range of 2k to 10k but the one I'm writing right now is planned to be 56k. Planned. Idk how it'll turn out. But fingers crossed.

I see! Yeah, I get not wanting to branch to other ficdoms. I'm pretty comfy within K-pop and K-drama ficdom, though the latter is very small. I like not having to refer to an extensive canon. More creative freedom of interpreting characters without too much worry of OOC.

@Tsuki why don't you outline it out and decide the end? Do outlines work for you?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 06:59 AM

Oh I've attempted to outline...and failed miserably . Outlining does not go well with me and writing XP

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-29-2019, 02:10 PM

I see you guys are talking about fanfiction in here, which is awesome because I've just gotten back into it a little bit (both reading and writing it) after quite a few years.
I mainly write Harry Potter fics but I have a friend that writes K-pop fics!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 10:19 PM

Taiyo: Lol. Shouldn't you know what the fic is doing [I]before[/url] your write the end? Or, ya know, just wing it.

Starferry: That's cool. I've gotten to 50k plenty of times, but then promptly stop. Usually for nanowrimo, I just reach the word count and always plan to finish the fic/story, but I never do. I have a couple 30-40k finished original stories, but I've never finished anything longer than 50k besides that one fic.

Cinde: Ooh, Harry Potter will always be a huge fandom. Seems like it will never die.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-30-2019, 12:00 AM

Oh, probably. The magic lives on and all that. Even with all the crazy stuff JK Rowling has come up with of late. 😐