sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-13-2014, 08:47 PM

Years upon years of having a strict daily routine did leave certain imprints and Lacrimae woke right in time to prepare for her morning prayers. Now, normally she woke at least hour and half earlier, so none of it would be rushed and she would have time to eat, so it was still called sleeping in for her, despite it being such an early hour.

Priestess brushed her hair quickly, smoothed down clothes and moved over to the window, setting eyes on the tree tops as she sung and prayed softly for a peaceful day for all who walked on this land. For a short while, she stayed there, thoughts swimming slowly through her mind like sun rays filtering through tree branches and leaves, before usual restlessness came back. She checked if she had not spoiled the drawing (she hadn't) and prepared for a new day. Fresh clothes felt like a blessing right now and woman braided her hair in thick plait for more convenience. After short hesitation, she picked few small flowers out of vase, holding it in hands for a moment before weaving them in curls around her forehead. They would not wilt until night.

Walking downstairs, she found the dinner 'hall' mostly empty, besides one or two men, and inn keeper's wife greeted her with smile. "Early as always, my lady. Breakfast will be ready in ten minutes, would you like for me to wake the sleepyhead?" she asked. "They're still asleep?" elf questioned and then shook her head. "No wonder, these have been long days. I will eat now, but let them sleep for a while. Keep two meals warm, please." Smiling, elderly woman agreed, even without gold coin's convincing gleam.

Mae ate her meal in silence, then took the 'wanted poster' from her room and left on some business. About hour and half later, she returned, rather satisfied. Soon, all the bigger cities would have images of the thief and a promised reward (of bringing her in alive). From there, it would spread to smaller towns and even villages and even if no one would catch her, it would hinder red-haired woman's attempts to hide. Before going to wake Kevlar, she went to stable and offered both horses a delicious apple and wondered where Saith could be sleeping at, as she didn't see him anywhere nearby the inn.

Her knocking on knight's door was not loud, but persistent. "Wake up, Kevlar! Meal is ready and waiting for you," she called out and would not leave until she heard some kind of response from inside. Going downstairs, she settled down at table where two plates full with delicious, hot food was served. Hopefully, drow had not wandered away too far... When both men came down, she sighed softly. "You stayed at his room, Saith? You could have told me, I would have found a room for you as well," priestess spoke, not quite insulted that he hadn't trusted her, but still slightly upset.

She also presented her drawing to him. It looked... remarkably quite like thief they were chasing after. Maybe the mouth was a little wider and expression not as vicious as Laeth could actually muster, but still she was certainly recognizable. "I hope this will do?" she asked more than stated, looking at the one true witness.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM

Scratching his head as he rolled from from his spot of slumber, the drow hid a yawn below blinking up at the finished picture. "Probably should add that she's around 5-foot 6 or 7 inches tall. I would put her under 140 pounds, too. Maybe as a warning to those who find her to be wary of her deceptive abilities. She's like a drow, only she's not. I wager she's half-human and half something else." Now standing, he stood over Mae and stared at the picture. "From her know-how and wits, I would say she's been stealing for a while now. Might want to have someone deliver this picture to people who have recently lost precious items. I wouldn't label her a murderer, though. Just a thief who would kill if someone did get in her way. But she's rather capable so I doubt she's really had to bloody her hands."

Glancing over at Kev who was now sitting up in bed, the drow nodded toward the image. "Ever seen someone like her before? Or know of humans who can wield magic?"

"A magical human? Hmmm, besides being a mage or witch, she could be an alchemist or a rune magician." The knight ruffled his hair before popping from the bed and inspecting the image further. "For lack of better terms, I would call her a mystic -- a magic user. But if she's not magical, then she would just be human." Eying Saith, the brunette asked a bold question. "You sure she didn't just give you the slip?"

"Heh, I've yet to meet a mere human who could out smart me. Remember, I'm a stalk of the night and the master of the forest. There's no kind that can navigate a forest better than a drow or elf."

"What is the veil on her face for? Do you suppose it's the source of her magic?" His hand reached out to touch the drawing, as if it would help him. "Such an odd thing to wear," he whispered.

"I'm not sure she wore it." His voice fell silent for a moment. "I sat right next to her. She was close enough to touch. From where I was sitting, it didn't look like that was some accessory." Saith bit his lip. "But it's possible it was special effects makeup at its finest. Unless it was a burn." Brows furrowing, Saith started pacing as he tried to pull up the memories of this woman. "Perhaps it's a tattoo?" It seemed the most logical thing right now so he would run with that. But who would run around with a visible tattoo and steal things. Was it recent? Or was she that bold?

"We'll find her one way or another. We'll reclaim all she's stolen and we'll make certain she never steals again." Gripping Mae's shoulder firmly, he offered her a smile. Doing the same for Saith, he gave the drow a grin too. "But we won't do any good if we don't fill out bellies and head out soon. She's probably got a good few days ahead of us. We don't know where she's going, but we can put up warnings in this village. We can investigate, too. If anyone's lost anything magical and rare, odds are, she was already here."

"Since when are knights detectives?" Saith's brow raised as he was impressed with the human. "But I do like the idea of collecting some data. If we can find the local sheriff or governor, we can see if she's been through here. If she hasn't, we can warn the the people. We'll also know that she didn't come this way."

After their exchange of ideas and thoughts, the two men turned to the priestess and awaited her final say. Regardless of what they wanted, they knew Mae was the final word in all the decisions. From here on out, they were a team.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Lacrimae looked back and forth between the two males as they discussed picture and thief. While they talked, inn owner brought her cup of tea that she kindly thanked him for, otherwise remaining silent as the conversation continued. Tea was strong and refreshing, exactly what she needed right now. Everything the two had a well thought point, she had been wondering about origins of the ornament on woman's face as well, but couldn't come up with anything reasonable, other than tattoo.

When Kevlar turned to assure her that they would catch the thief, she smiled in reply, but let them finish their talk and when they finally awaited her input, she twirled cup of tea in her hands slowly, as if warming fingers, eyes thoughtful, but certainly with that spark of determination they would get used to seeing. "I already made sure these drawings would be put up here and sent to various other towns before waking you two up. I have got plenty of copies that we can put up in all cities or villages we visit and any bigger town can make more of those. But it is indeed good idea to send them to people who have been robbed of valuables," she nodded to Saith. That was something she hadn't quite thought of yet and, honestly, felt a bit ashamed. That was such an obvious course of action and she still had missed it. Hopefully, only being very tired could be blamed for that.

"I have already made appointment to guard captain and local governor in an hour and half to discuss this matter with them," elf informed them, "It would be best if they would remain alert and also use their connections to spread information to other places so people are prepared if they see someone similar. Guards are first who would have chance to catch a glimpse of her, I doubt she is master of disguising magic, she'd not keep such a mark on her face, then." Hot beverage kept her focused on present situation, not letting thoughts slip back to her temple and its people, worrying about possible drow attack and how everyone was faring there.

"I also want governor to send back message to temples, so, people would not be taken by surprise if the drow group we met would choose to attack. Any other suggestions? And now, eat up!" woman urged her companions with small smile. After they'd finish eating, there would be just enough time to go to governor's home, where servant looked at group for brief moment, obviously startled, before courteously bowing and leading them to library where elder human man and elf clad in armor were waiting.

Here, Mae showed her diplomacy and charm, both with introducing her teammates and conducting the talks. Although she didn't throw around sweet smiles, both men were quickly agreeing to do whatever she asked them for, impressed both by her high status and well-thought, straightforward explanations and suggestions. She didn't reveal any unnecessary information but they still understood situation's severity and promised to do their utmost in aiding thief's capture, while assuring the group that the woman had not passed through here.

When they were about to leave, having accomplished all that they had hoped to and more, elven captain asked if he could talk with her under four eyes for a moment. Lacrimae told Kevlar and Saith go ahead to inn and remained to speak with him. The man inquired if she wouldn't like to have him or some of his guards replace her companions, particularly the drow. At this, Mae's expression darkened and she reminded him what she had said at introduction: "I trust them with my life." With smile, she continued: "Do you doubt my judgement, captain?" Man stammered in reply, assuring that of course he did no such thing and with that, conversation was concluded.

Back at inn, she quickly packed up her things and they were ready for road once more.

OO C: She didn't enter their room, but went downstairs where their food is waiting so they'd join her, but since it doesn't affect conversation... xD

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM

The day had been quite fun. Free food, free stay, free gold. It was perfect. All of this was possible by keeping his mouth shut and acting mute. So Cain was going about things in a deceitful way, what did it matter? He was on a foreign place and he needed to start somewhere.

Spending most of the day filling his belly and getting enough sleep, it was around the late evening when Cain decided he might try to do something useful with his life. Perhaps he would explore the forest? Or wander the streets? Seek out a new friend? Whatever what laid before him, was what he would soon discover. Choosing to stay in town, for he feared what might lurk in the woods, he happened to be wandering down a side street with little lighting. Glancing down at his little furry companion, he rolled his shoulders. Sure the alleyway was creepy as hell, but would he really stop? Would he turn back and look elsewhere? No, of course not. Cain had been through hell and back; nothing at this point phased him.

Within a few minutes, he was twisting and turning himself around. Lost would be a more accurate way to describe his situation, but the short male didn't seem to mind. He enjoyed the mystery and the hunt. Just what was he hunting? Not even he knew, but something lingered in the air that beckoned him on. Something spoke to him and he just needed to figure out what it was.

Eyes landing on a woman escaping from a house, he cocked a brow. Why was this woman in such a shady neighborhood and all alone? And, even worse, why was she acting all suspicious. Would he intervene? Or would he just sit back and enjoy the show?

"Ah, so fate allows us to meet again, mate." It wasn't he who recognized the woman, it was Fengir. The little fox-tiger picked up her scent and seemed to react in a manner that would indicate this was his second time bumping into her. Cain, jumping on his partner's cue, called the woman out on her antics. "A little late to be wandering these streets, right?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM

After enjoying a decent dinner, the two men bathed while the princess was out during her duties. They thought nothing of her wandering around the streets without their guard, as the town had a pretty safe feel to it. Besides, if she were in any true danger, she could scream and they would come running.

It was nice to just be surrounded by someone of the same gender, too. Saith rolled his eyes at the thought at first, but soon embraced it with open arms. He could finally ask the knight all about his duties and roles. He could see if knighthood was truly worth it all. Was it worth fighting for? Or was it better to stay a drow hunter?

"What's it like being a knight?" It sounded stiff at first, but he closed with a curious smile. "I mean, what's it really like. All the fairy tale crap aside, is it really worth it?"

"Without a doubt." Kev's eyes lit up at the mere mentioning of such an honor. "There is nothing in the world that can compare to this. You feel butterflies in your stomach every time the one you protect steps by. You become privy to their life, their knowledge, their feelings. You form a deep bond with them and merely die at the thought of leaving them. Sadly, knight jobs can be fleeting. When your assignment dies, wishes you away, or you are forced to relocate, your heart weeps. Some knights don't feel such attachments, but I got out of my way to do as such. I want to know my mission. I want to know what he or she thinks so I can anticipate betrayal or escape. I just want to do everything I can to endure his or her safety. I become them, in a sense, so I can fully guard them."

As Kev spoke, Saith leaned into him. He drank in every word and every sigh, smile, and gesture. It was more amazing than he believed, especially if you took Kev's viewpoint of the situation. Still, a question lingered on his mind. "Do you ever fall in love with the one you protect? Isn't that dangerous?"

"It does happen, but I don't let it interfere. If I am to protect said person, I want to love them so my power and strength will have no limits. Even if my love is rejected, I won't falter. My job is to protect that precious person to me. I would die to ensure their safety. To fall in love does not make you weak. It can and often it does, but those with a strong resolution and mind can overcome the corruption and desire. I've loved a great many people and I haven't let my love blind me. I won't be reckless because someone tells me they never want to see me again. Yes, it hurts, but a knight must endure rejection and hate. I've been trained, well-trained, to take it all. I'm to be open and unyielding."

"Interesting." Saith rubbed his arm before pulling his attention away.

Kev, noticing the drow's actions, shrugged before laughing. "You don't need to be human to be a knight. Elves, can be knights so why can't a drow?"

"Heh, we're dark elves. Who would trust us?" Saith glanced over at the knight.

"I trust you. The priestess does. The color of your skin, your origins, none of that matters." Kev moved in and placed a hand on the drow's heart. "All that matters is what's in you. So long as you're devoted to protecting, you'll make knighthood. I saw how you were going to sacrifice yourself for her sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a far better knight that most. You've little to worry about. Official title or not, you're a knight."

It was around that time when the boys finished up and sought out the priestess.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 05-12-2014, 10:34 PM

Lacrimae was pleasantly surprised when local governor had already sent word to merchants and they had prepared their goods for her. All that was left to do was choose and pay. She stocked up on some food, a bit of medicine as some of her personal stock had been with her guard captain. After short inspection, elven woman bought some arrows to refill her quiver. With this, they should last until their next stop. The men and woman were pleased with her good payment and promised to bring goods to inn soon and so, she headed back.

At inn, she asked kind inn keeper if the two men had left the inn and woman smiled at her, explaining: "They requested a bath, milady. I hope you do not mind that I went ahead and prepared one for you as well." Mae had no objections at all and thanked inn keeper. Smaller villages often didn't have the luxury of large towns, such as sewer systems or water boilers, so the ones that did used the chance to charge some money before the room could use them. It was an old deal that she and anyone travelling with her would have this feature paid for.

Bath was just the right notch of hot now, fire runes had had enough time to heat water up even at their slow speed, and she sunk into it with soft sigh. It seemed to soothe not only her body, but soul as well. As much as she hated to admit it, events of past few days had taken a toll on her. Quite literal ups and downs had not only left their marks on her body in forms of bruises and cuts, but also stirred up murky waters of dark memories at the back of her mind. And there was also that question, nagging and annoying: would she manage to catch the thief before it was too late?

Of course she will! Failure was not an option. Besides, she wasn't alone. Mae chuckled softly at the thought. It was a strange one. Supposedly, she never had to deal with things alone, but ever since her mentor had departed from this realm of existence, there was no one nearby that she could turn to, to ask for an advice or confirmation. There were the other High Priestesses and three High Mages, especially Mage of Silver, but... They always had their own issues and to be honest, she wasn't good at seeking out help. Saith and Kevlar had simply appeared in her life, giving their support and refusing to leave. She hadn't had to ask.

She held her breath and slipped under water. Had she grown soft? Were these thoughts hints that she already depended on them too much? Lacrimae surfaced again, shaking the idea off. Trusting and relying on the ones beside you were not a sign of weakness. Especially if you didn't expect it to be like that forever. There were only few things that were never changing in the world - that sun gave warmth to world and moon would go through her cycle eternally.

After she finished washing, priestess got out of bath and dried her hair with towel for a short moment before letting her magic do the rest. Heat enveloped her hair and head as she dressed, drying golden tresses. Perhaps it was using her gifts for too conventional measures, but no one had to know and these small displays of her powers didn't tire her. Soon, Mae smiled at her reflection in mirror. No matter how many years had passed from the day that marked end of her imprisonment and running for her life, she never stopped to appreciate the simple pleasures of life, such as food and clean clothes. No one had to know that being able to take a bath, pick her own outfit or eat something with a taste or fresh had once a miracle to her.

Mae noted that she looked good. She wore her freshly cleaned travelling outfit and braided her hair, weaving same flower from this morning in. Her skin and eyes seemed to have regained a healthy shine. Yes, she was once more ready to face anything that fates would throw at their group.

Leaving her room, she most likely ran into Saith and Kevlar or found them somewhere in or around the inn. She greeted them, looking both over. The rest and bath had done them good as well. "My good sirs," she spoke lightly, but tone was not teasing enough to make it mocking, "would you like to set out this evening or wait until tomorrow? If we quicken our pace a little, we can still reach Fargh'on in planned time, even with postponed departure." If she was alone, she would surely leave this evening, restlessness gnawing on her heels, but as she was not, she wanted to at least offer them a choice.

She had left out soft sound of pleasure as she finished her stretch - something alike excitement about the upcoming hunt bubbling inside her the true reason for the purr. Her eyes were set on the inn, getting a horse - by no legal means, I assure you - should be no problem. With corner of her eye, she was aware of another presence, but was not particularly worried about it, until it called out to her. Marwo's head nearly turned at the first sound of voice, only at the last moment she turned it upward as if staring at sky, not reacting to it. After all, it supposedly was a foreign tongue to her.

Only when Pinkie spoke, she looked at the strange pair. With eyes, she sized him up and frowned, as if thinking, and then smiled in awfully predatory manner. Was that just the light that made her teeth look so sharp and nearly glint? She moved towards him, but not quite close to become a threat that he could lash out at. "I wonder what you're babbling, boy," she spoke sweetly and then shrugged. "Following me, are you, I wonder? Well, you better hope you aren't. That is, if you can understand..." she gave another smile that would leave most vampires in shame and spun to her heel and moved towards stable.

He hadn't proved entertaining enough to keep her attention when there was a bigger task at hand. Even if he had meant to follow her, or would take her words as challenge (Marwolaeth knew Pinkie understood) he would fall off her track soon enough. She'd make sure of it, if needed. For a moment, she debated stealing that little fuzzy thing, but animals - especially speaking ones - were fickle things. She'd have to win its loyalty, bla bla bla. Not worth the trouble. She did better on her own, anyways. Last talking, fuzzy (well, feathered) companion had ended up on her trophy shelf, mounted and pretty, after it had tried to call on her after she hadn't stolen a fancy perch for the darn bird.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 05-12-2014 at 10:44 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-30-2014, 07:28 PM

Although men enjoyed staying clean, the men that accompanied the priestess has little thought while cleaning up. They merely did what they needed to and removed themselves from the water immediately after coming clean. Wasting time was too risky for them, each knowing what laid in their wake. They were to pursue a criminal, a criminal who had long left with the stolen goods. Her intentions still a mystery to the men, at least as a whole, both knew that they couldn't spend too much time basking in the finer things in life. There was no time to stop and smell the roses. They needed to hasten and get out on horse and foot again. They needed to close the gap and stop whatever darkness would likely approach.

Much to their surprise, they came across Mae with much ease. Perhaps it was their own doing, for they lingered in the dining area below the rooms. Both had one drink in hand, Kevlar water, and drow juice. Raising their glasses at the same time to finish off the last of their drink, their readied eyes locked on the woman they accompanied.

She had cleaned up well and, from the way she glowed, must have enjoyed a sound night's rest, proper food, and a thorough bath. Drow and human looked at one another before smiling up at their elven friend.

"We figured you want want to keep after our thief so we are prepared to head out." Kev patted the stool beside him, which housed a satchel. His mighty spear was even nearby, resting kindly beside his foot and the butt of the table. Saith, also ready to head out, popped upright and sprung from his chair. Hoisting his gear up, he laced his quiver of arrows around his chest. Bow in hand, Saith gave the priestess a solid head nod.

"Ready whenever you are, my lady." Tipping a coin to the wait staff that came to fetch his empty glass, the black-skinned male moved outside onto the streets. They would need to gather up their horses and ride long and hard toward their next destination. This next land falling outside Saith's territory, he pulled himself back behind Mae. "Afraid I'm not as well-versed in this forthcoming woods. I'll keep to the trees and remain parallel to you, warding off any attacks, should we have an issue."

Kev, now outside and moving toward the horses, glanced over his shoulder to his new found drow friend. "Ah, you'll be fine. We'll be traveling during the day, it would be unwise for anyone to jump a priestess, drow, and knight. If we're able to move fast, we might get to the other town by nightfall."

Pulling his hair back into a pony tail, Kev swung his spear up and over his shoulders. Hands falling over the shaft of the spear, he let them dangle as he walked toward the horses. A light whistle came from his lips as he happily played a rather sweet tune with his lips and tongue. It was nothing Saith had ever heard before so, naturally, he was intrigued.

"Knight, you are a rather strange creature," Saith said with his usual sly smile on his face. Glancing momentarily to Mae, hoping she might jump on the bandwagon of teasing the human, Saith followed behind the brunette.

Scoffing, his whistling came to a stop, but soon returned. During a lull in his tune, he chirped, "Life's lessons mold the man you've become. What you call strange, I call normal."

Now upon the horses, Kev untied his beast and quickly mounted. Heels clicking his partner lightly, he backed the horse out and glanced at Mae. "After you," he said before whistling lightly again.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:30 PM

To say he was disgusted was an understatement. Although his expression lay dormant and unwavering, he was secretly loathing the woman who dared mock him. So what if he were not of her tongue or language? Did that really make him a fool? Cain thought not and found her petty ways worth mocking himself.

"Nice teeth," he chided while looking after her. Turning her back on him was unwise and she would have to deal with his temper. "Long-barreled silenced suitcase sentry, materialize."

A jolt of electricity danced over his tongue and, within seconds, a suitcase appeared in the air before him. With Marwolaeth too busy finding a horse, Cain wrapped up his summoning by kicking the black box across the earthy ground. As it slid into a crevice it created, a mechanical sound followed, as did his words, "Assemble."

Within seconds the once black box became a suitcase sentry that packed 500 silenced ammunition rounds. It clicked into position, its target being the vampire woman that dared bare her teeth at him. Smug grin on his face, he finished his command. "Activate."

White lightning fired from the open ends of the suitcase. Silenced, as per his wishes, the small sentry fired off (rapidly, might I add) at the woman and the stable she was in. The bullets missed her, but landed forcefully into the lumber that built up a shed. Moments later, the wood was caving under its own weight and collapsing to the ground. Those horses who were lucky, galloped away, screaming and snorting in terror.

Arms still crossed over his chest, the man from beyond the wall of magic stood there. Left foot slightly forward, his malice gaze moved onto Laeth.

"It is unwise to bully a user, mate." With a smirk on his face, the man didn't fault from his position. If she tried to flank him in rage (or whatever), he would simply skip past her advances. If she moved for Fengir? Well, the little beast had snaked off to a great hiding space. Absolutely hating the magic Cain possessed, Fengir would hide away until the sparks stopped. There was something about those sparks that bothered the tiger-fox's ears.

(sorry for the lack of color, didn't have time!)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-19-2014, 05:31 PM

She heard him speak, but it was little more than line of foreign sounds to her as these words she had never heard before. But the moment first bullet hit stables, she ducked sideways behind some barrels and boxes. Marwolaeth's blood began to sing in thrill and anger as she realized what had been the Pinkie's target. Hunt and crush him, toy and destroy - her body hummed, but she had better control over herself than to sing along this song.

So, she stood up from her cover, smirk on her lips as she approached the man. Marwo didn't come too close, there was no need to, and smoothed down her clothes casually. "Did you think that would cause me trouble?" she asked and laughed softly, covering her mouth with hand. In this moment, her sharp teeth punctuated skin on her finger, single blood drop welling. Resisting the urge to lick it, she outstretched her hand towards him, palm towards as if coercing him to come closer. And in a sense, she was. "You are amusing... And for that, I will let you live."

Her tone never lost its amused qualities, but woman's eyes grew cold. At the same time, what had been slight tingling throughout Pinkie's body became a burning sensation. It was as if each and every blood vessel had been lit on fire or liquid running through them turned into acid. It hurt and it paralyzed, his body responding to any commands very unwillingly as each limb and even tongue felt so heavy and each move hurt. Even if he did command some kind of attack came from him, she would block it with thin, but durable and constantly vibrating crimson shield that would form when anything approached its creator.

She closed her palm, forming a fist. Then came coppery taste in his mouth and dark red streams from his nose. "But consider yourself warned - if we meet again and you attempt to interfere with my plans, I will not be so kind." Now, blood trickled thinly from his ears and corner of eyes. Marwolaeth was careful to pop only the least meaningful of capillaries that would yield little to no lasting damage, avoiding to use too much power. In the very beginning, she always had and the outcome had been lethal even when she hadn't wanted it to be.

Her ears caught sound of people approaching - time for games was over. Woman's mouth twisted in even more malicious smirk and moments later, blood flow to Pinkie's brains were cut off for long enough to cause him to faint. She moved towards him, hissing in the direction little fur-ball had disappeared: "Try to attack me and your master's brains will turn into bloody mush in that second." Digging through her bag, she pulled out a pendant snatched from robbed house and put it in man's hand, wrapping his fingers around it.

Strangely enough, her blood responded even more keenly to proximity with pink haired fellow and she on a whim, dipped digit on blood pool formed by his mouth. Eagerly, she licked it off and closed her eyes. The strange power that flowed from it invigorated and empowered her. "Maybe I should have bled you in vials for snacks," Marwo mused as she retreated. Moments later, men would find passed out guy, recognize the pendant and search the house. They would find the body and assume Pinkie had killed him, robbed the house and that magic concealed in the item had backfired on thief.

Smarter people would find it strange that he didn't have anything else, but law enforcers of this village couldn't care less about it. So, most likely, Pinkie would wake up in rather make-shift jail cell. Laeth chuckled, already out of the earshot from developing scene. Things rarely went according to plan, so she had learned to adjust anything unplanned to the way she needed things.

Last edited by sadrain; 06-19-2014 at 06:19 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:02 PM

All felt pain. All suffered. All wished for death at some point.

Cain? Those days had since come and gone. No matter what man or woman did to him, Cain wouldn't suffer. He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't wince. He grew accustomed to the woes of life. He embraced the hate and learned to love the pain. Too bad pain had become too much of a norm for him.

What most would die from, Cain felt numb to. Her antics, whatever they were, didn't tickle Cain. He literally felt nothing. He was none the wiser to the damage she was wreaking on his body. Was it naive of him to think she had done nothing? Sure, but Cain wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to attack back. Granted, her upper-hand seemed to be aiding her well. Oh well, just another thing to tuck into the mind for later use.

Fengir, though watching with worry, didn't flinch or move from his post. There was something about a strong, dependable partner that made the foreign creature perfect for Cain. Fengir just stayed and watched. Just like Cain, the creature was soaking everything in.

There wouldn't be a second time for this woman. Leaving him alive was her first and last mistake. Henceforth, he would make her life a living hell. And, now knowing her power, Cain could counter it. He could use his powers to create small tubes within his body to prevent her attacks. Or, if he wanted, he could create a magical suit to ward off her attacks. Everything was at his disposal and he would use it in their next met.

Of course, that meeting would have to wait for his lids soon closed and Cain found himself locked within his mind. As his voice echoed in his head, Cain realized he was asleep. It was boring but it was the time he needed to jot down all he collected.

If she could only bite her skin to summon her powers, Cain could coat her skin. Or, he could put a muzzle on her. If that didn't matter, then he would merely protect himself. Fengir, his mind smirked at that, was flawless. The little creature was practically magic-resistant. Something about that fur just made the tiger-fox all the harder to kill.

Rudely interrupted from his slumber of thoughts, Cain's eyes flickered open. Men were all around him. Looking about, he coughed before rolling his eyes. He was going to get nowhere with these morons.

"Toxic smoke-bomb, materialize." A small glint of desire danced on his lips. "Activate."

POOF! In seconds, the toxic gas was enveloping those who gathered near him. In the confusion and coughing, Cain escaped while Fengir snagged the key. Now atop the roofs, he peered over to see the people drop like flies.

"Definitely could have done better, mate. Though, I do reckon we did a pretty bang-up job. Just need to make sure that damned dingo of a woman doesn't get to far. Although,
" he looked at the item in his hands, "I have a feeling someone will be wanting this. Shall we linger, mate? We can always hunt the dingo later."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 PM

Smile blossomed on her lips and lit her eyes. They understood. "I appreciate it. I will take my things," she told the pair and spun on her heel, rushing back to her room to grab the bag she had left there. As much as she was used to duty filled, but in some ways relaxed schedule, it felt wrong to laze around now. There were things to be done.

Meanwhile, innkeeper approached the pair with kind smile, taking the glasses. "Already going, I see. Well, you treat our milady well, you hear? She has enough trouble to have heartache added on top," she said puzzlingly, seemingly more to Saith than Kev, and retreated behind counter, without answering any questions they might throw at her. By then, priestess had already returned and after she paid their bill, group exited the inn.

At Saith's words, she opened mouth to reassure her companion, but Kevlar was faster, making her smile slightly. It took short moments to adjust new supplies on horses, but thankfully, it was not too much new weight. "Indeed. Besides, I have traveled through these parts often and it is rather peaceful here," she explained and climbed up on her horse with ease.

When knight began whistling, she grinned, apparently recognizing the tune or perhaps just liking it. Mae caught look Saith threw at her, but shrugged slightly. "If everyone were the same, it would grow boring, would it not? Life's blessing is in its diversity." For a moment, she lost her light expression, mentally continuing that it tended to be life's curse as well, but then priestess joined Kevlar's whistling with humming and non-verbal singing. It was soft, so not to shadow melody human created.

And then they were off. Guard captain came to gates to see her off and she could feel his eyes on her until forest swallowed them up. Perhaps he doubted her judgement after all - most likely so, actually. But elven woman couldn't care less at the moment, feeling content and sure. So, the trio rushed onward through the woods all day and even slightly after dusk settled in to reach next village that was even smaller than previous one. They had stopped only for her short prayer to Sun as she went to rest. This settlement would be their last stop before Fargh'on.

She took room for each of them, not listening to any complaints from Saith and after quick meal, retired to her rooms. Things were going well and Mae went to sleep as happy as she could in the given situation. But tonight would bring no rest to the woman.

It started like soft waves washing against the shore - soft trembling of her eyelids, slight sigh passing her lips. But like storm on sea, it grew in power and soon, elf was trashing in her bed, expression full of fear and pain as screams filled the room. Most likely, those resting in quarters next to her were woken up by the agonized words in unfamiliar language - No! Please! I will be a good girl! I swear... Please! pleas in English had never reached the ears of that plagued her sleep. And then it all came to abrupt stop. Lacrimae had woken up.

Blankly, she stared ahead of her for a moment and then got out of bed. Automatically, she got ready for the day although sunrise was not yet for at least 3 or 4 more hours. But there would be no more sleeping for her and as quietly as possible, woman slipped out of her room and downstairs. She exited inn and stared up at the sky with Moon's all seeing eye staring back at her. Wrapping arms around her form, priestess sat down on the bench at well - central piece of this village.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-18-2014, 01:10 PM

Four days. Four days everything had went perfectly smooth. Not only had she escaped the small seaside town with no issues, but a day later hitched a ride with one of those unsuspecting 'I am so handsome no one can say no to me' young mage types. Only thing she couldn't refuse was passing up the deliciously easy theft of his fancy magi-tech ride. Men! Once, when she had just started out in the big world, she had felt curious about them, had wanted to figure out what made them tick. But that turned out to be no mystery and so the 'strong' gender had lost her interest.

They just didn't offer a challenge in the long run. However, now staring at "Wanted" poster with her face on it, Laeth figured she might have underestimated Blue eyes. Because he had to be involved somehow, her blood told her so. And logic, too. Little sunshine hadn't seen her, neither had the guards and the barkeeper wasn't one capable of giving decent description. So, he had survived her little parting gift and apparently, traded his measly information for chance to live.

She smirked slightly, tearing the poster down - the alleyway was empty, no one would notice it. This wasn't first paper she had found and probably wouldn't be last. They had appeared all over the city this morning, at first shocking her. Never had there been "Wanted" posters of her before - and she'd make sure this was the last time. Marwolaeth took a few down and destroyed, but kept one, purely out of vanity. No one had drawn her portrait before and the similarity was indeed uncanny. No matter on what basis and who had painted this, they had done a good job.

Humming softly, woman wandered down the alleyway, hood deep over her face. This was a big city, most people here wore capes and covered their faces, so, this did nothing to make her stand out. From one side, she was debating leaving here, but where did she have to rush? The vague scenes she saw in the glass showed that true orb thief was already in great forest or heading there. The distance was too great to make a clear vision. So, it didn't matter when Marwo would get there - she'd pin down thief's location and take what was rightfully hers. In a sense.

Meanwhile, she could have a little bit of fun. Maybe she would plant a false track, by fencing off an item or two, perhaps something that she would steal here. One of the maesters here was rumored to have a gorgeous pendant. Not her usual thing, but she wasn't planning to keep it for long anyways.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 PM

Linger they did. Cain and Fengir kept to the shadows but did all they could to investigate the owner of said item. Only, as he began to uncover the true owner, a dark truth become evident. Someone had died. And not just anyone. It was someone of importance.

Glancing from the item in his hands to his small creature, he quipped a brow. "You reckon the dingo did this?" Fengir seemed to nod in agreement. "Yeah, mate, I wagered as much. Still," his lips curled up for a moment, "I must confess she is quite the attraction. Shift, capable, brilliant. Almost makes me miss the clan. Almost," he patted the critter at his side before ducking into an abandoned keep. It wasn't anything special in there, but it was enough to keep his wary eyes out of the sun. It would also prove suitable for hiding out until someone could identity his pendant of sorts.

Playing it between his fingers, he gazed at its shimmering castings against the wall. "I wonder if we'll ever find out the truth about this dingy." Again, he twisted it around and brought it close to his eyes. Squinting, he tried to find any clue as to what it was or who it belonged to. "Oy, this is 'opeless, mate. Might as well pawn this the second we get. It's not with the blood on our hands."

With a nod, Fengir curled up alongside his still warn master. "You're right, mate, might as well rest until something comes afoot. When night falls, we ought to make a break for the next village." Scratching his chin, Cain purred, "Sweet dream, little wombat wannabe."

---------- Post added 12-16-2014 at 04:45 PM ----------

Before leaving, the duo happened to share yet another tender moment.

"Heartache," Saith choked before Kev gave him a firm smack on the back to force the air to re-enter his lungs. "Eh, thanks."

"Not a problem, friend." With a smile on his handsome face, Kev rose and bowed before the innkeeper. "We have every intention to keep her happy and safe. Her heart shall be protected and loved at all costs."

Brows furrowing, Saith couldn't help but gawk after Kev as he left him with his mouth ajar at the table. Was this guy for real? Did he really just mention love and heart? And protect? What... what had he signed up for?

A woman nearby suppressed a giggle, which made the dark-skinned drow flush a bright red. Well, this was more embarrassing than it needed to be. With a quick bob of his head, he snuck from the room and found himself shielding his eyes from the blinding light. Oh how he missed the outdoors. The inn was too stuffy and full of too many nosy people! Too many assuming women too!

Now on there way and happily away from things to redden Saith's cheeks, they could get back to the real task at hand -- finding that thieving woman!

But that thought was interrupted when Mae sided withi Kev. Why... why was this bothering him? With a look of jealousy, he cast his gaze away from the happily mounted pair.

They were too perfect for one another. In a day's time, he could see them finishing each other's sentences. Within in another sunrise, they would be confessing their love. And by the third day? They would be coming up with baby names.

Rolling his eyes and making a gagging noise, he kept to himself the rest of the ride. Why talk when Kev could entertain them with his magical, musical melodies.

Really, what was getting to him? Was it really that woman's prying about heartache. No. That was stupid. Pointless. Wrong. Lies!

He shot a quick, daunting glare at Kev as they moved into their inn. Lucky little human, he seethed to himself.

Now instead, he opened his mouth to protest but Mae wouldn't have it. He had to sleep inside tonight. She wouldn't allow otherwise without putting his face on a poster.

Growling, he stepped past the overly kind woman. "Very well."

---

The night consumed both Kev and Saith. They slept peacefully, namely for being so tired from a long, hard journey. They covered a lot of ground and although Kev didn't walk, riding a horse was no cozy comfort. His thighs throbbed and his rump needed a good fluffing!

Saith, however, seemed too busy kneading the bed to notice how sore his legs were. If anything, he enjoyed the waves the bed made when he poked at it. It was fun -- too fun! His hands were constantly tugging the bedding up to his face and then pushing it down when he got too hot. It was an odd thing for him but something he didn't mind. In fact, he might stop arguing about beds henceforth! These were magical, beautiful things. Heck, he might need to buy one when this hunt was said and done!

Just when his dreams reached their peak of happiness, something from next door brought him to reality. Ripping the sheets from his bed, he moved to the window (a thing of habit) and scaled the side of the building before he stood outside Mae's window. Watching her thrash and turn, he delicately pried her window open and slipped in. Swift, silent feet made not a noise as he moved beside her bed. Had he been an assassin, killing her would have been all too easy.

Suddenly, she jerked up and her eyes flew open.

Saith, with his uncanny speed and skill, took to hiding behind a mirror that decorated the far corner of the room. Much to his luck, her daze kept her eyes cloudy and sheathed him from her vision.

And then it hit him. She was acting out of character. She was up too early. She was...

Oh.

Dear.

Lord.

She was naked.

Red flushing his cheeks, he turned away. She was getting dressed? Now! Without washing? Was she... wait...

The door opened. She... left?

Coming out from behind the mirror, his ears fell down and his chest emptied. "That was close," he mused before flicking his attention to the shuffling of feet outside her window.

"Where are you going?"

Was it wise to exit through the door? Nonsense! Out the window he went.

Again, his swift, silent feet kept him close to her without alerting her. She was acting awfully strange. Too strange and it was really starting to bother Saith.

Was this really Mae? Or was this the face she hid?

As Mae took a seat in the middle of the village on a well-kept bench, Saith found himself approaching her. Hand reaching out, he placed a hand on each side of her sitting form. His chest gently brushed against her hair as his head tilted up to gaze at the moon.

"And you mock me for wanting to sleep beneath her silver rays," he whispered in the stillness of the night.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-19-2014, 02:16 PM

Mae shifted slightly in her seat, looking about the empty village square, glanced at inn where in few windows candle light flickered. Perhaps she should have fled further away from people, take refuge among the trees that would give her some solace. But it wasn't as if she planned to stay here long. She just needed to get out, in fresh air, to remind herself she wasn't held in prison, whether its walls were sterile white or made of stone. After that, she'd take advantage of being up at such late hour and do some work. Or at least try to.

The woman felt someone approaching and immediately tensed. Perhaps it was the lingering nightmare that made her feel as if she was in danger, but her hand instinctively sought out hilt of dagger by her belt. When she felt someone lightly touch her hair, Mae held her breath, until Saith's quiet voice broke the tension. Immediately, she visibly relaxed and fingers that had so tightly clutched weapon left it. "Saith," she murmured softly with sigh of relief.

Still, to say that she felt completely comfortable would be untrue. The man was very much in her personal space, something that Mae wasn't used to. He had a habit of invading it, however, and for a moment, she felt urge to lean back and rest her head against his chest, soak up some simply warmth and make it as shield against the sense of emptiness and fear that nightmares had brought. But the thought that Saith may be shirtless occurred to her and elven woman felt her cheeks heat up.

She had seen plenty of shirtless and nearly naked men, but only as a healer, High Priestess, and now she was just... Just Lacrimae. But what was she - this Lacrimae - , if not defined by her titles and role? Not even this name was truly independent from the temple as it had been given by her old 'mother'. So, she had to get a grip of herself, keep her head high and mask on. Especially in front of Saith. He had acted so strangely the whole day, as if angry with her. There was no reason to give him something to tease or mock her about.

"I don't mock you," Mae defended quietly, "I simply want to provide you with some comfort if you wish for it." Her index finger rubbed nervously against her thumb. "I-I am sorry if I woke you," woman spoke, her voice slightly breaking at first word. "It won't happen again," Lacrimae added quite confidently. As she had grown up, the nightmares (of this kind) had become less and less frequent, not emerging only once in few weeks or sometimes even rarer. So, by the next time their small group would have already disbanded.

The pang of sadness after this thought surprised her. Had she really already grown attached to these 2 strange men, after such a short while? No, it couldn't be. She trusted them for sure, but friendship took much longer time to blossom, especially with such peculiar individuals. And it took two. Mae wasn't sure if Saith even wanted to be friends with her, after all she was an elf and Kevlar seemed to understand their archer much better than she did.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 PM

"Oh good," he said as he shifted himself so that his head nearly rest upon her shoulder, "for you hardly know me enough to mock me."

Perhaps it was instinct or maybe he really meant it, but at that moment, Saith winked before drawing forth a rather handsome grin. He seemed... happy, which completely contradicted his entire mood for the day. Clearly the cozy bed and several hours of sleep did wonders on his moodiness!

As she began her apology, the drow lept over the bench and found himself just about to take a seat beside her. Then, as if he had some sort of civil upbringing, he stopped -- butt hovering just an inch above the seat.

"Er, milady, permission to sit?"

When the words of courtesy rolled of his tongue, Saith lost his balance. It was so unlike him to call someone 'milady' and even more so that he would ask permission to sit. Thrown off balance, his flailing arms danced around the air as his core tried to get a hold of the situation. Aside from giving Mae a slightly new hair-do, little else was disturbed.

Calmly exhaling, he turned to face the woman he was still trying to sit beside.

His face went plainly dull. Then, slowly, second by second, a grin started to cross his face and his eyes grew wide with delight.

What had he done to make him seem like a giddy child? Why, poor Mae's hair was standing up a mile high! It was quite the sight to see. Mae, miss prim and proper, with a single strand of hair very-much-so out of place. Why, it was quiet a riot and it brought Saith to laughter.

Rolling away from the woman, he tried to apologize but the rolling chuckling seemed to prevent a sincere gesture.

Finally, after his stomach began to hurt, he composed himself and bashfully looked away.

"It won't happen again," he mimicked her word-for-word.

He dared not ask permission to sit again so he just took a seat opposite her and on the ground. Legs crisscrossed, he plopped himself down and angled his heat up so he could gaze upon her.

"Don't worry about making me. I don't sleep much anyway. Being drow, I don't require much rest." Taking a genuine interest her in, Saith tilted his head curiously to the side. "Is it something you wish to talk about? I know I'm not the most social of creatures but I am a very good listener. Why," he puffed out his chest and seemed to glow in the silver moonlight, "I might just give ol' jabber-jaws knight-boy a run for his money. He loves to win you over with poetic poises and propositions but he'll never have my ears."

'twas true. A human would never have long, slender elven ears like Saith had. One might argue that elven ears were better to listen with -- but that was just for fun.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-20-2014, 11:37 PM

Mae resisted urge to huff indignantly at the dark elf's reminder about them being practically strangers. Although it was true, she was in no state of mind to play the game who can more childishly pull off the lone wolf act. And that wink didn't help at all! Honestly, she had half-mind to tell him that his self-imposed loneliness was in no way more bitter than the one pushed onto her by the title she had never wanted. His skin may have kept some people away, but there were many villagers, his own family and even Kevlar who didn't mind it at all and gladly would be his friends.

But the words never had a chance to leave woman's lips as Saith, suddenly overcome with urge to be polite, started a frantic chain of events that made her hair a chaotic mess. At first, Lacrimae didn't realize what had happened, but seeing his grin, her eyes widened and she tried to smooth down the disaster hurriedly (but with enough composure to make sure it didn't look too desperate). Her efforts were mostly in vain however and his laughter ended up being contagious, so Mae started laughing softly as well at his childish glee. She very much preferred this lighthearted version of dark skinned man, even if the source of his amusement was her messy hair. Not that she'd tell him this.

She scowled slightly at his mockery, but since she was still sincerely smiling it was obvious she didn't really mean it. But as Saith continued to talk, the scowl faded away while her lips struggled to maintain the smile. Mae looked at him thoughtfully, as if trying to gauge how much genuine interest, not just fleeting curiosity, he had. And surprisingly enough, it seemed the man truly would like to listen to her. Mae blinked owlishly at this realization. So often other priestesses and mages expressed that they will stand by her side and listen to her troubles, but it was simple politeness and in truth, they hoped not to hear of High Priestesses' burdens as they were probably too heavy to carry with her easily.

Besides the offers were always about her work and the problems she had with her people, not her deeply personal issues. It was as if the thought she of all people could have them scared even those working by her side. She always had to be strong... "You might think I was born in the lap of luxury, but instead, all I knew were prison walls," woman spoke in a rush, her hands clutched together tightly in her lap. "I knew not sun or moon light until I was already--" Somewhere, window opened loudly, shutters clattering against wall and arguing could be heard. The noise of angry wife scolding her late returning drunk husband broke the moment of straightforward honesty and Mae schooled her features in calm expression, erasing remains of emotional surge.

"But it is the past. I managed to leave it behind and now all it can do is haunt me in dreams," she said and stood up, dusting invisible specks off of her pants. "Shall we return to inn?" Mae inquired with slight smile. Hopefully, Saith would drop the subject, although perhaps it would be too much to be asked from the dark elf.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:38 PM

It was nice to see her smile, but it was even nicer to know that he was the reason her face was aglow with a grin. A part of him was moved by her radiance, almost swaying at her staggering beauty in the moonlight. Why had he never seen her this way before? Perhaps the sun kept her secret. Maybe the sun was not really her friend, but an enemy who tried to blanket the woman was harsh light. Was the sun jealous of her? The sun should be for Mae's beauty, despite being of the sun, was more like that of the moon. The two, Mae and Moon, were both mysterious and calm. They were never ablaze with rage nor did they falter or fuss. So why was it that she worshiped the sun?

Unable to find a voice, he watched as her face shifted from joy to one of indifference. Was speaking freely to a man not of nobility against her rule? Would she be damned by opening up to him? He didn't intend to be putting her in any sort of danger. Had he been a quicker man of the tongue, he might have uttered off "Don't tell me unless you find it fit." However, he was too slow and her lips parted to reveal what kept her awake at night.

When she began, there was almost a dry, darkness to her story. It bothered Saith immensely and he didn't know why. Why did it matter her past? She was rich and well-loved now! Who cares if she were from a prison and abused.

He choked.

How could his mind betray him? She was so vulnerable and weak, yet she trusted him. She confided in him. And all he could do? Judge her. Label her a priestess. See her for nothing more than her title and fortune.

As the night was broken by the sound of a lover's quarrel, Mae retracted and seemed to fold back into her mysterious, quiet ways. He had so many questions but feared the jaded words he would utter so he just silently stared at her fragile form.

Mae rose and dusted off the flecks of moonlight. His blue gaze followed her. Those reflective blue eyes seemed lost but soon vanished beneath his blinking. When he rose to join her, the drow kept his orbs closed. His eyes could deceive him; they made him see her only as someone of nobility and fame. He needed something much more precious to do what he needed now. He needed to rely on touch.

It probably just looked like he was tired and pretending to fall asleep, but each step was calculated with perfection. Ears picking up his location and feet feeling the earth for her weight, he skillfully swept forward and caught the white elf in his arms. Had the look on his face not been so at peace, one might have assumed he was trying to kidnap the woman. However, everything about him was kind and soft. As his arms wrapped around her in a warm embrace, his lips found her forehead.

He spoke not a word but when his azure eyes opened, he planted a simple kiss just blew her hairline. Lips pulling away into a smile, he took her hands into his own.

"Just a few moons ago we met as enemies. Although they say people cannot change, I would like to think that our meeting has done something for the both of us. Don't you worry about your past," his hands cupped over hers. "Let me worry about those demons. You focus on what really matters -- restoring peace and light. Keep yours eyes on your people and leave the darkness and blood to me."

Giving her hand a light squeeze, he released her before stepping away and turning his back to her. "Whether you like it or not, I'm not leaving your side." He smiled to himself and whispered. "Up until now, my life had no purpose. Now it does. I know what I was born to do." Glancing over his shoulder, he gazed down at Mae.

"I was put on this planet to protect you."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Mae felt conflicting emotions as she glanced at silent Saith. From one side, she appreciated lack of questions about her past, that he seemed to let the subject drop between cracks of yet another strange conversation between them. Now that she thought of it, the dark elf had a knack for catching her in vulnerable moments and finding ways to glance beneath her shell. And this was reason for other emotions rise in her: what if he judged her now, like some had before, for what he saw? Saith already had little to no respect her, which irked the priestess, and to learn that she had been a prisoner who couldn't put her past behind her... That part of her wished he'd say something, let her know it didn't matter. Because it didn't, right? It shouldn't. And she shouldn't care so much what he thought of her!

He stood there, eyes closed, causing woman to frown slightly as she tried to understand what had he decided to do now. Surely, the man that had been so chipper few minutes ago wouldn't be falling asleep standing? Besides, his breathing, although even, was that of fully awake being. Mae thought of saying something, but decided to just go back to her room. But before she managed to move more than half a step, Saith reached out and pulled her close, surprise making her gasp softly. She had never taken being touched suddenly easily, although part of her wished for simple warmth of another person as it had been denied to her for pretty much all of her life.

Her head tilted up, as she looked at male with careful, inspecting gaze, trying to piece together what had gotten into him now. She was usually so much better at reading people! But Saith always managed to confuse her and although she should have, Mae didn't push the man away and free herself from his hold. When he leaned closer, her heart sped up and somewhere at back of her mind, she thought he was going to kiss her, in middle of village square as they stood in glittering moonlight after she had opened briefly to him - like in one of those romance novels some of her fellow priestesses-in-training had loved to read when she was not yet of age. Although she had found the books to be silly, she had still listened to excited chatter of other girls.

But, for her relief and sake of her already quick beating heart, Saith simply pressed his lips to her forehead although that, too, caused flush rise in her cheeks - she could feel the heat. This felt too intimate somehow. And although Lacrimae was rarely left speechless, she didn't find her voice to speak when the man held her hand and spoke to her perhaps the kindest words that anyone had told her. It was amazing how in someone so blunt and harsh, so much gentleness could be. And because of his direct ways, these words also carried great weight and she felt she could take them for what they were, not just as an empty promise - the kind that she was used to.

In his hold, she suddenly felt treasured and allowed to be frail. Not that she wanted to be vulnerable. Most of her life, she had worked hard to be the exactly opposite. But the simple idea she could be felt... Precious. So when Saith let her go, she felt a loss for briefest moment, a fleeting urge to hug him or do something to prolong this moment. But then it was gone and Mae strained her hearing to catch the softly spoken words, barely audible to anyone but the one who said them.

She caught just few words, of purpose and not leaving her, of protecting, and realization dawned. All of this wasn't born from some misguided romantic notion (because she and him, it couldn't be for so many reasons and it would be foolish to think he could feel something for her, especially after such a short time...), but because this is how he showed the side that aspired to be glory earning knight. To be honest, when he had first expressed the wish, she had found him hardly suitable, but by her strict standards Kevlar was only slightly better. As Mae had gotten the dark elf better, her opinion had began to change. At first, in the moonlit garden of her temple, then quite heavily on the broken bridge where had had been ready to give his life for hers.

Priestess smiled, the brightness of it perhaps rivaling the sun itself, glad to have found some sense in the events that had just taken place and flattered that he'd feel changed by her and show her, of all people, this knightly side. "Your dream does suit your well," she spoke softly, but with firm belief. "You shall achieve it, I am sure." Mae continued, feeling once more in her element as priestess, the old sense of satisfaction that she experienced every time her people trusted her with secret and she was able to support them, washing over her. In this moment, she decided that she would do everything in her power to see his dreams of knighthood come true. If it meant writing few pages long review and personal visits somewhere, so be it. That'd be such a small reward for everything he had done, after all.

Her hand landed lightly on his shoulder, "thank you for tonight," woman told him, still feeling surge of honesty and truly pleased with her idea, and then moved towards in, her touch sliding down his upper arm for brief moment before she pulled away completely. Mae's step had regained that gliding feel to it, shoulders set back and head held high as she once more felt confident with lingering ghosts chased away. Rest of night she'd spend on working on various papers regarding her temple and correspondences with concerned parties regarding the recent events, to be sent the first thing in the morning. She let her companions sleep a bit past the dawn, but then went to wake Kevlar and seek out Saith, so they could eat (simple, yet delicious meal) and prepare for journey. Despite the uneasy night, there were barely any signs of tiredness in her face, it was as if she soaked up sun's light and gained energy of it.

Too bad the pleasant weather was not staying and around midday as they moved over the plains, wind picked up, carrying armada of gray clouds along. Pelting rain started to fall soon after, startlingly cold for the summer's day. Priestess pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders, hood covering her head, but not protecting her face from sharp droplets thrown in it. The horses were slowed down and Mae feared they might not reach the city before night fall. Although she could exercise her rights as High Priestess to gain entrance, if all came down to that.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-01-2015, 04:21 AM

His dream? The moment her sweet voice filled the air, his mind fell curious. What dream was she speaking of? How did it suit him well? Whatever could she m--

That was right. He confided in her. Told her of his desire to be one of knightly rank. A role where he could be free to go wherever he sought because whoever he protected was of a higher standard and could demand villages to let him enter. Oh the world he dreamed of was one of glorious proportions. He would be a horseless knight, donned in fetching, battle-worthy leather armor. His bow and quiver would be one of symbolic nature, a very icon for all who feast their gazes upon him. He wanted nothing more than to be a drow worthy of a legend, a drow worthy of being the hero in some childhood story.

Seeing Mae before him, Saith almost felt like he could reach his dream. That he could become a knight found in fairy-tales long after his death. Would he serve Lacrimae for all her life? Why not, for she was a woman worthy of serving. But would she allow it? He recalled the bridge and her grief-stricken knight who was sadly forced to turn back due to the impassable abyss that stretched out between he and his lady. Had she a need for another knight? Mayhaps, for he, unlike the other fellow, was capable of catching her fall and guiding her thus far into the forests. Would she even take to having someone of his nature by her side? Would he, the drow knight, soil her royal perfection?

As her hand glided down his arm, the dark-skinned elf felt something tingle within. There was a shudder that ran down his spine and his heart seemed to skip a beat. His breath was held and, for a moment, a vision flickered in the forefront of his mind. It was too bold, brash, and inappropriate to behold and yet it was there. Every inch of it. It certainly didn't help that he watched the woman alter her attire ever so slightly before she fled outside to the bench. Oh the pains of being a man with an overactive imagination and the thirst of an animal in heat!

Still, despite the raw and -- dare he say it -- graphic images that pulsed through his mind, he kept his composure. He offered her fleeting smile, a gesture of thanks for her belief in him. He wouldn't offer up any more than a smile though for he feared what his marred mind would do. Now was not the time to take advantage of the woman who complimented him. Nor was now the time to let his darker drow-like ways out.

Keeping in perfect sync with her steps, he followed her back to the inn, stopping only once to gracefully drape his finger nails across a black cat's back. The thing looked like it could use a little love so he figured why not give the poor, misunderstood creature the touch it longed for. After all, he received a touch tonight; why not return the favor.

Now back in the inn, Saith simply bowed his head to her before retreating back into his room. Though he was wide awake, he did successfully snag a few final hours of rest before a light knock came to her door. How odd that he should sleep in, he thought, but let the idea go. There was no need to dwell over being a slacker that morning.

"Where to today?" Saith asked over breakfast. As Mae explained, Saith tried to take note but found the region outside that of which he knew. "Plains. I'm not overly fond of areas without foliage...." But there were no alternatives, at least none that didn't add days onto their journey.

By mid-day, Saith was regretting his life's decisions. Maybe he shouldn't have sworn himself to Mae. This rain was rather annoying. No, obnoxious and pointless. But he was to uphold his notion! He had to keep his promise. So, much like a gentleman, Saith tugged off his hooded vest and draped it over Mae. "I'm sorry it's not much but unlike your garments, mine are weatherproof." It was true for the weaving was tight and they were well-worn so they were accustomed to all kinds of weather. Giving her his hood, however, left in without much protection against the rain. Hair sloshed against his face, water up to his ankles, and the rest of his garments soaked through, he turned toward the sun-less sky and muttered, "I'm sorry I doubted you Sun. I didn't mean to offend you by stating that the moon is better."

As the day ticked on, Saith found it off that Kev had hardly uttered a word all morning. Furthermore, the knight kept to himself as they rode. He didn't sing. He didn't swoon. He did nothing.

"Are you feeling all right?" Saith finally stammered out. Looking up toward the knight, he swore he saw his face turn green before falling a very pale white. "Kev?" His ears drooped. "Priestess, I think we need to stop." Just as he rattled off those words, Kev's form slouched and rolled from the horse, landing him face-first into a puddle of mud. In seconds, Saith was dropping to his knees and yanking his sick comrade from the murky mess. "Kevlar," he shook the human gently before sending Mae a rather worrisome look. "He's as hot as fire in this chilled rain."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-01-2015, 08:27 PM

"Bloody sky!" Marwolaeth cussed out loud, glaring up through branches at the offending 'dome' that was covered in storm clouds, heavy rain pouring at the ground below. Caught suddenly by weather change on middle of road, red haired thief was not in her best moods. Although her cloak merged with shadows as easily as if it had been sewn from them, it didn't provide perfect protection from the weather. Although most of it slipped down the material, she still felt cold and quite uncomfortable.

Aggravated, she dug in her bag and pulled out a small stone. As she rubbed it between her palms, pleasant warmth started to spread through her body and woman let out a purr like sound. Then, as if world was set out to piss her off and had received its cue, the water that had been gathering in leaves tipped its vessels over, generously pouring over Marwo. She jumped and hissed, then shook like an animal and proceeded to continue her sluggish journey onward, still rubbing the magically enchanted pebble to gain some warmth.

Her portal stone was still halfway ahead, but the city was just as far behind, so it was better to press on despite the weather and ignore the weather. Besides, there was nothing to return to in the city anyway. After she had had to finish her business with one of her oldest acquaintances once and for all (probably reason why she was so incredibly easily irritated), she had gotten information and some things she needed.

But, really, being on Wanted posters wasn't what it was made to be out at all. Although there was no one that she trusted, to have him go for her throat like that... At least she had noticed signs soon enough to avoid getting in fight with bounty hunters. Not that she couldn't take them on, of course. They wouldn't even know what struck them down, but she had no wish to waste energy on low lives like that. Technically, she was just as low life sometimes, also taking bounty jobs, but that was her. She knew she was good and could finish the job, not some bloody amateur that just wanted easy cash. No, Marwo wouldn't be no easy target.

Brimming with anger at everything that had led to this situation, the woman pulled hood deeper over her eyes and determinedly kept on walking.

As the weather worsened, Mae was determined to not let it damper her mood thoroughly. When Saith gave his hooded vest, she vigorously protested, insisting that he needed it much more than she, but when he simply turned deaf ear ('so much for listening well,' she thought, half amused and half annoyed) on her refusal, the woman finally gave in with a frown, even more determined to reach some kind of shelter faster.

She took note of Kevlar's quietness and tried to unsuccessfully start a conversation with him few times, but eventually decided to let him be. After all, she had no reason or right to force the man to say what was cause for his unusually solemn mood. Later, she would send unflattering ways her own way, feeling that she had failed her duty, but for now Mae let everything be as it is.

When Saith decided to speak up, addressing the human, her horse nervously neighed and stopped as soon as Kevlar swayed. By time he reached ground, Mae was already out of saddle. She reached their companion's side just moments after Saith, kneeling by their side. Light hand landed on human's forehead and priestesses' eyes grew more and more concerned as she checked his wrist for pace of pulse. "Kevlar? Can you hear me?" she asked, crease between her brows, but wasn't surprised if there was no reply from the feverish man.

So she took Kev's own water skin (or hers, if his was nearly empty) and fumbled around her belt where various pouches were. Quickly, pinches of few powders were dropped in the water and she shook the skin slightly and then looked at Saith. "Hold his head up, please, so I can get him to drink this," if the dark elf complied, she proceeded to give the liquid to Kevlar as quickly as she could without letting him choke. Without waiting questions, she began explaining: "It should help him with fewer, perhaps enough so that we can get him on horse and tie there so we can ride for city."

Last edited by sadrain; 01-02-2015 at 04:59 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-16-2015, 09:32 PM

Doing as instructed, Saith kept giving Mae worrisome looks. How was it that neither noticed Kevlar's condition? Had he been sick this whole time? Is that why he was always so upbeat and wanting to press forward? Was he keeping this ailment from them? If so, Saith would knock him into the fourth dimension for being so dense and selfish!

As if by magic, Kev began to choke on the water he was given. It was just enough reassurance for the two to know that he was alive and not going to die between here and the next village.

"We need to get him..." he grit his teeth. "Help me get him on a horse and I'll tie him to me. It'll at least keep him upright and," he muttered that last part, "I don't mean to judge but you're hardly strong enough to keep a man of one hundred and seventy some odd pounds upright." He was right. If Mae had to try to keep Kev upright, it would be constant struggle. At least Saith could match the male, somewhat. Kev was much heavier, but Saith had height on his side. At least he could envelop Kev's deadweight, unlike the lithe Mae.

The two struggled to get the knight on his horse but in due time they were able to tie Saith and Kev together. Much to Saith's surprise, Kev's horse didn't reject the idea of having two male riders. This worried Saith more for the drow knew animals had great connections with their human counterparts. Was horse worried? Was that why the creature was so accommodating?

With the rain pelting on them ceaselessly, Saith frowned before looking at Mae as she mounted her horse. "I fear we'll be slow but at least we'll be moving. You lead and I'll try to keep watch from the back. Please keep your ears alert. I'm afraid I won't be able to hear much over Kev's rasping." Brows furrowing, he gave the horse a light kick before he started to advance forward. "If we're not to the city by nightfall, we'll need to seek out a cave and see if we can hold him over until the next morning."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-17-2015, 10:28 PM

"You are right," she simply agreed, too worried to attempt more elaborate answer right now, besides, why waste words and breath if it was simple truth? Saith was the smarter choice in this situation and to leave Kevlar bound over the animal itself like some bundle of cloth was not the best considering the state he was in. It wasn't easy getting the knight, in all of his suddenly very annoyingly ridiculous and heavy apparel, on his horse, but finally the pair managed to do it and silently, Mae thanked Sun that the dark elf knew how to ride and Ruine didn't resist his lead.

The woman nodded in agreement to Saith's further observations, her mind already working over each angle for both options. Weather was working against them in every possible way, slowing down their steeds and worsening human's condition quite rapidly. Only upside was that no beast seemed to be out on a hunt in this time when good people would even let their dogs inside homes. More magically charged areas could present such danger as gathering water and storm elementals of sorts, or perhaps a particularly large and active orb lightning that would seek out travelers like them to bring death with sudden explosion. But she had not heard of such things here. Still, she was careful to listen in on their surroundings, as the drow had suggested. They needed no more nasty surprises today.

Sun's priestess was growing increasingly angry at herself for missing all the signs, as well hidden as they could have been, that their companion was sick. There had to be something, if not earlier, than this morning. The silence on its own should have been a warning. But she had just thought he wished for some peace and quiet. Ah, she should have paid more attention to him! But it was too late for that now and she had to focus on helping him in the present. So, soon after they set out on their journey, she began leading them towards the hills and wall of forest on one side. They could not reach the city, not with Kevlar in this condition. There was no need to endanger him if she could help him once they found shelter. Perhaps not as efficiently as group of trained healers, especially because there was not a ray of sunlight to be found, but it was still quite a lot better than nothing.

With their slow pace and way stormy clouds seemed to hasten night's approach, the group did not find shelter until shortly before dark fell over them. It was another struggle to get knight off the horse without letting him fall to the ground heavily. Mae had already set up space to lay him down into, using his sleeping bag and a spare blanket. "Saith, go and gather some firewood, please. Do not worry about how wet it is, I will dry it out," she told him, pulling off the vest to give it to him, since she was going to stay inside, sheltered from rain, but he still had to go out.

"I will be using my magic bit by bit to help him," woman explained, already kneeling over their sick friend. The cave was not particularly deep, but it was rather clean and would give them decent shelter. Beginning to hum a soft melody of ancient elven folk-song that was also prayer, Mae let her hands hover slightly above Kevlar's body as she moved them over him. Healing with sun's magic was both tricky and amazingly easy. Sun gave life even when night claimed Earth and therefor, there was a bit of her in every creature, including Saith and most magical beings. So, she had to find this thread of power that resonated with hers and empower it, find the knots in it that represented something being wrong and try to smooth them out. Unfortunately, with no sunlight on her, the task grew more difficult.

By time Saith could be returning, her humming had already turned into soft singing while she still worked with Kevlar. She had found that thread and from now on, each healing would be easier to start for the next few days until it slipped away from her 'grasp' again. When dark skinned man returned, she turned to him with grateful smile and thanked. The dryer wood he had gathered, the easier was her task as orb of light and heat formed in the middle of their to-be-campfire, heating it up. Smoke rose form it as water evaporated, but few beads of sweat formed on Mae's forehead. Hopefully, teas and more of her herbal medicine would help Kevlar so she wouldn't have to rely on her magic alone or it could turn out to be very straining night.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-11-2015, 02:29 PM

Gathering firewood was hardly as worrisome as Sun Priestess played it out to be. He knew all to well that wet wood could still burn well. Not to mention, it would be wise to gather more wood that necessary to make the flames lick long into the night.

Once Kevlar was safely in the dank cave, he took to the forest. As swift as lightning but with the grace of the doe that resided in the thicket, he leapt over ever rock, stone, and branch upturned. Nothing in his path would cause him to misstep or take a tumble for after all, Saith was a woodland creature.

Darkness all around him, his eyes began to glow. The moon, though hidden beneath a blanket of gray storm clouds and harsh, pellets of rain, still flickered above from time to time. It's ghostly whiteness illuminated the landscape, casting its silver aglow over all that Saith needed to see. Having no axe at his hip, he was forced to pry small trees from their earthy homes, which he regretted doing. Nothing displeased an elven folk more than uprooting young life, but Saith had not a moment to waste.

The scent of fresh, wormy mud wafted into his nostrils and instantly caused the black-skinned man to grimace. If there was one thing he hated, it was that unpleasant, pungent scent of earthworms. They were just the right mix of fish, frogs, and decay.

Hands full of what hardly looked like firewood, he rushed back to the cave. Before he could even open his ears to Mae's lovely tunes, he was grabbing Kev's gear and trekking back out into the dark. Like before, his eyes glowed and he could see all that was before him. He needed a hefty tree, one whose logs would burn long and hard. When his eyes caught a glimpse of it in the distance, he sprinted with uncanny speed toward the tree.

Hiking back the axe, he let it rip into the tree. The sound of screaming pierced his ears but his mind knew better than to let the forest speak ill of his actions.

"Hush, I haven't time to listen to your whimpers. A friend is in need of your bark and wood. I pray you accept this life you've been given. Die with courage and embrace your role as a hero of man."

Blow by blow, the tree toppled. Rich with bark infused with a honey-like sap, he draped it into Ruine's saddle cloth. It was the only thing left to fill and drag across the needly canopy between he and the cave.

His pace was slow but calculated. Each step brought him closer to Mae and Kev. And before long, he could see the two, their glowing bodies dancing with shadows on the walls.

Sweat masked by the rain that matted his face, he dropped to his knees and made quick work of his cuttings. "He's already looking better," Saith said in a breathless whisper. "His color is back," which paled in compassion to Saith's sudden lack of color.

When was the last time they ate today? Drow exerted much of his energy keeping Kev upright and had yet to munch on a snack between the fall and now. To make it worse, he pushed himself into grabbing enough wood to last the night.

Mouth ajar, his hand snaked shakily toward his quiver of arrows and his bow. "I'll be back," he huffed. Using the walls as his crutch, he forced himself to stand. He was a confident and proud man in that regard that he would go onward without asking for help. Of course, being well aware of his situation, he knew the lovely lady at his side would likely argue.

"I'll be fine," he quipped before glancing at her radiant face. "You just keep the fire going and watch after our friend. I'll be back momentarily."

Before another word could be muttered, he slipped from the cave and moved to the hunt. Eyes shifting blue again, he scanned the entrance of the cave for easy prey. Naturally, there was nothing in sight. Just his luck. No, their luck.

Tugging hood over his head, he swept off into the rain again. This time, he moved at a slower pace for he was quickly losing his strength due to fatigue and hunger.

Eyes closed and ears alert, his breathing stopped and his heart slowed to nearly one beat a minute. He was listening, breathing in the world around him and seeking the vibrations of life.

There! Bow up and arrow laced, he fired off a single round. With peerless accuracy, the arrow embedded itself right into its mark. Without a sound, the doe dropped and Saith cracked a grin. As heavy as the deer was, Saith wouldn't let the animal go to waste so he forced himself to half-hull, half-drag the carcass back to the cave.

When the cave was back in sight, he rolled his eyes at his dumb luck. Of course there was a wall of water between he and the inside. Shiver running down his back, he sucked in a breathe. Parting the water, he became completely drenched. Thankfully, now inside the cave, he could feel the warmth of his comrades and their fire.

"Told you I wouldn't be gone long," he teased before sitting down beside the healing woman. Once he was beside her, Saith could feel his worries melt away. There was something calming about Mae. His eyes grew heavy but his growling stomach kept him awake. Hands as cold as ice tried to make use of the deer, but seemed to fumble and fail due to the cold and wet.

Sad, defeated eyes turned toward the woman at his side. Meekly, he looked away before rubbing his hands together. "I don't suppose I can ask you to prepare food. I cannot feel my fingers...."

TwitchTumblrInstagram

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-14-2015, 03:37 PM

She thanked Saith kindly for the firewood although there wasn't enough to keep them warm whole night, immediately setting to dry some of it so it could serve as base that would burn easily and dry the other branches on top. At least Mae wouldn't have to worry about kindling - her bag and saddle bags were quite waterproof and so, the little fabric pouch where she stored some dry grass and bark would be as dry as the moment she put them in there. She frowned deeply when he left again, since the man hadn't even paused to draw breath, but there was little she could do about it now, especially with so many tasks on her hands.

Soon, fire was crackling homily, shadows flickering over the stone walls of their shelter. It was amazing how much it could brighten one's mood and sense of security. Still singing softly, elven woman hurriedly set about brewing some tea. At least finding drinkable water would be no problem in this downpour. For ingredients, she chose nettle and peppermint - both helped greatly with various fewer and inflammation issues, boosting immunity and preventing cold, and peppermint would balance out the rather unpleasant taste of nettles. On top of that, this drink would replenish her and Saith's energy as well, soothe their nerves. Not to mention, warm them up and that was something priestess was definitely looking forward to. Although her friend's generously lent vest had shielded her upper body nicely, sleeves and skirt of her dress were still soaked and the wind had not been kind to her either. Wasting energy to dry them with her magic was not a good option right now.

Suppressing sigh, woman knelt down to Kevlar again, removing the metal armor from his body and placing it in corner. It would do him no good now, he couldn't sleep in it. Her fingers fumbled with some of the buckles, but finally it all was off, leaving him in his underclothes. Mae adjusted the blanket around the human again and threw glance at the entrance. To be honest, she was growing worried where the dark elf had wandered off, since it had already been a while since he left. She would like to think that Saith was adult and knew how to take care of himself, but their sick friend was clear proof that man were far too proud and short-sighted when it came to their own health. She had seen many cases when hunters and farmers found their ends or came very close to them, merely because they refused to seek help and treatment. "It is merely a scratch." "Eh, so what if the wound turned black." "There is constant pain and squeezing sensation in my chest, but I will go about my work without a care." It aggravated her, for the effort that had to be put into helping them later was much larger and often, even that didn't help, and then she had to be the one comforting crying widows and add yet another family in the long list of those that needed temple's support.

Finally, Saith returned and interrupted these thoughts. Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of log. "Thank you," she said, her gaze now focused on the man. Over these days, she had gotten used to how dark his skin was, but now the pure black color had turned dark, ashen gray. It was not a good color on him. "Saith, you do not look so well," Mae spoke and frowned when he took his weapons and dismissed her comment. "Going hunting at this time is both unwise and unneeded, we have rati-" but of course, he didn't listen - they never did, did they? - and moved towards mouth of the cave.

"Saith, wait!" she called after him, but he had already disappeared in the darkness like a ghost. She closed eyes for a moment, fighting frustration. She couldn't follow him and explain that they had plenty of food and his heroics were absolutely unnecessary, since someone had to stay and keep a watch over the fire and their sick companion. Besides, what were the chances he would get anything, anyway? Mae knew he was great hunter, but to get something during night, with this rain and very little energy left... At thought of food, her own stomach grumbled indignantly - it had been a good while since they ate last, rushing to get to the city so, and she had used quite a lot of energy up already.

Thankfully, the tea was done now and after short while, it had cooled enough for the woman to take few wonderful sips and give some to Kevlar, although getting him drink it was a bit of challenge (but she had had much, much worse ones). When that was done, she had to resist urge to pace around the cave, but years of having to always look confident and in control forbade such restless action, so Mae went to stand by the water-curtain that divided them from the wet, cold night. After a short while of 'standing watch' she caught a red glint in darkness, like someone's eyes, and it took her just long enough to recognize their owner as Saith for chilled shiver run down her spine.

When she realized that he was hauling something behind him, she rushed out of the shelter and helped the man to pull the doe inside. It wasn't like most of her clothes could get much wetter and it was just a short moment anyway. Soon, the pair had settled down on the floor with Saith's game in front of them. Seeing his unsuccessful attempts to make use of it, Mae took out the knife out of his hands, putting it down and took them in hers. Although hers were not yet very warm, his felt like ice and so it took her few seconds to focus her magic, but then heat spread from her skin, as if she was something like a portable heater. It was simplest magic, channeling her inner energy to her palms and turning it into warmth. Despite dark elf's magic resistance, this heat was just like that from fire and his body would have no reason to rebuke it. There were scratches on him that she slowly would try to heal at least a bit, after all he had done it all for them, this was the least she could do.

"So, tell me, Saith," she spoke, looking up from their hands (she somehow keenly noticed that his were so much larger, but elegantly shaped, with long, nimble fingers, and also rougher, although hers had seen hard work as well) to his face, with tone a little teasing and a lot scolding, "are you naturally this reckless or is it just this journey awakening such side in you? If only you had waited, I would have told you we have enough rations to last us a few days after we reached the town. But I must admit you are remarkable huntsman." How had he managed it, she wasn't sure, perhaps it was connected to those flashes of red in his eyes she had witnessed every now and then? Perhaps Saith possessed some magic after all?

As the conversation weaved forward, Mae did not even notice his hands had heated up, although warmth from hers slowly lowered so she would not burn him without need of her conscious control. When she realized there was no need to hold his palms anymore, slight blush crept in her cheeks and she let the man go. It had felt strangely nice and natural, to touch him like this. "There, now you should be warm enough to change into dry clothes easily. You do have some with you, right?" Woman stood up and moved to her bags and pulled out a towel out and tossed Saith. It smelled like flowers and inexplicably, like sunshine itself, just like everything about the priestess. Scent of flowers came from the dried petal bags she kept among her clothes and belongings, they kept moth away. She used the other one to rub out some water out of her own golden locks. Due to wetness, wisps around her face had become even wavier now. Mae pulled her hair up in loose knot then and gestured at the tea: "drink that, it will help you warm up and regain energy." Then, she set to work on the doe.

Although gutting and skinning should be one of the last skills for high priestess to have, this woman had led much different life style between her escape and becoming priestess in training and despite her current life style, she never let herself forget these skills. Mae disliked hunting and taking another's life in general (her memories of prison haunted her in sleep now less rarely than faces of those who she had had to kill in self-defense over the long years), even now she could feel the last threads of sun's and life's energy fading away from doe, but some evils were necessary. Quite masterfully, elf skinned the animal without piercing poor thing's guts that she would later take out of their cave. Soon enough, the first pieces of meat were already cooking over the fire and again, her stomach grumbled rudely loudly, but she ignored it. Just like she would do her best to avoid looking in Saith's direction in any way if he did go and change.

Liver would make good meal for Kevlar when he would come more to his senses, easy to eat and rich with things he needed now. "Too bad large pot remained with Geron, or I would make us some venison stew," Mae commented, but even without that, worked to make the food more appealing by seasoning it as the meat cooked. "A lesser known bonus for having a healer: the group always has some good seasoning," woman joked slightly. It was true that she not only had vials of rosemary, thyme and more oils, but also small pouches with them dried. Since they also had bread, dried fruits and a bit of cheese, their meal would indeed be quite good.

Last edited by sadrain; 02-14-2015 at 03:41 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:19 PM

It was nice to be within the warmth of the cave. Usually such journeys were done alone for Saith was a lonesome drow but now that he tasted company, he would be hard-pressed to travel solo again. As her hands enveloped his, the sensual sensation overwhelmed him. His cheeks flushed a deep red and his eyes immediately averted hers. Thankfully, all of his fluster was masked by her flawlessly timed scolding. His actions, or so he hoped, would be perceived as guilty not for holding her hand but for being so 'reckless.'

"Awww, has the mighty Mae come to worry about her not-too-many-moons-ago prisoner?" His eyes flickered back to hers and his lips turned up into a very seductive smile. A slow blink followed before his dreamy devilish grin fell and his usual static features returned.

"Eh, rations are boring. And aren't we on an adventure? If so, then we should live like adventurers and live off the land." Ears dropping back some in relaxation due to the gentle touch of Mae, he sighed lightly. "No, this is what it's always like for me. Prior to you and the real reckless one," his eyes moved to Kev, "this was the life I lived."

Much to his displeasure, Mae removed her hands from his and it caused the drow's heart to sink, just a bit. Her pulling away was just enough of a gesture for him to remember what they were. No, who they were.

Obediently following her suggestion to change, Saith silently moved toward the back of the cave and began to peel off his soaked attire. The pants were particularly the worst as the mud caked on them had begun to harden, causing his legs to feel stiff and tight.

He didn't really care if Mae saw him strip down to nearly nothing but it was still the modest thing to do. That is, face the wall and quickly change. Of course, his second outfit was hardly fitting. It was a loose satin shirt of white with long sleeves and semi-loose cotton pants of deep gray. They were more or less his 'sleep' attire. They were cozy and weathered but they were light and small, making them ideal for traveling.

Turning around, he moved back to the fire while wrapping his hands with white cloth; he was making make-shift gauntlets to keep his hands from freezing again. Draped neatly around his neck was a black scarf with silver trimmings; an odd thing to wear but who were they to judge?

Sipping down the tea, he stared intently into the fire. She spoke some while preparing the deer. Saith only half-listened and spent the rest of the time watching the fire hiss and spit. It was rather calming and something that almost brought him to sleep. Thankfully, Mae spoke up again -- something about spices -- and that brought him to his senses.

Saith relocated himself alongside side her. He thought it might be rude to keep ignoring her like he had. Now beside her, he glanced at the dried fruit and cheese. Maybe she was right? Maybe he didn't need to 'recklessly' go kill a deer.

His eyes swam over Kevlar. He was looking better. "I wonder what brought him down," he asked. Humans were different than he and susceptible to different things. Was Kev's feverish fit something only humans could get? Or was it something drow might have to deal with later? Either way, he shrugged it off and knew that Mae would heal him if push came to shove.

With the food ready, he happily ate it. Okay so killing the deer was brilliant. It tasted amazing. He complimented her spices and prepping, and spent the rest of the time eating. When he was finally full, he rolled his shoulders and wiggled his neck from side to side. Sitting on a cave floor was painfully rough on the rump!

Turning to thank her, that was when he noticed it. And without much thought, he found himself leaning into the woman. His faint scent of musk and rainwater likely reached her nostrils. He had an unusual smell for being wet. It wasn't pleasant but it wasn't unpleasant either. It was... well, just earthy and natural, which coming from a drow was probably their natural scent.

With his face just inches from hers, he lifted his hand and gently moved one of this still-warm fingers toward her glowing features. It was almost picturesque. He leaned into her with such subtle kindness and she faced it all with cat-like curiosity. Now if it were a movie, say Twilight or Fifty Shades of Gray, they probably would have kissed. Granted, just how they kissed would depend on the movie.

Sadly, this was no movie and they weren't cast actors for a scene. They were two different individuals who happened to cross paths and begin a journey together. In such a short amount of time, they grew close. Was it because Mae was foolish? Nay. She was wise and collect. She could likely sense a trap before it sprang. And Saith? Although of a darker nature and upbringing, he seemed to lose that blackness from his soul. Each moment spent beside the sun priestess was another layer of hate being striped off.

As his finger lightly poked her cheek, he turned his palm upward toward the cave's roof. His small fingernail, just jutting out past his fingertip, scooped something up. It was such a light touch that it could bring goosebumps to the skin.

Pulling back his hand, he leaned in again so he could examine what he stole off her cheek.

"Make a wish," he whispered while peering over a single eyelash.

He paused for a moment and those taunting eyes of his stared intently into hers. There was something animal-like in that stare. It was as if he wanted something but needed to wait for the opportune time to pounce and take what he wanted. In a sense, that stare was almost intimidating. As if Mae was the sheep and he the black wolf.

As his orbs remained trained on hers, his lips feel apart ever-so-slightly. He seemed to be leaning into her again. It was slow and subtle, but there was a guiding movement between him and her. Saith couldn't control himself. It was just happening. Before he knew it, he was kneeling before her, seated just a bit taller. His lips were practically upon hers and his hands just hovering above the smooth, white skin of her forearms.

His cold nose brushed against hers, and those intimidating orbs of his continued to watch the look in her eyes. Did she want this? Would she accept this? Did it even matter? He could take a kiss from her like it was nothing! But was that... was that what he wanted? To steal a kiss? No, he didn't want to steal anything. No anymore. No, with Mae, he wanted to earn it. No longer did he want to be a rogue bandit that caused mayhem and did reckless things. He wanted more. To be that knight he always longed to be. To protect a woman worth dying for.

"Mae," his breath bounced off her lips and back onto his face. "I think I've fallen in l-"

TwitchTumblrInstagram

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-27-2015 at 05:22 PM..