Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 AM

((Tell FireFox that it's wrong and ridiculous. :talk2hand: My name is Lathrine Gabrielle Manchester, not 'Kathy.'))

"We might as well," Aqua replied, his eyes sliding from the buildings to the two humans drawing closer, "I can't see how it could hurt more than wandering around with no idea as to what we're doing."

"Pfft, it can't be that hard to figure out," Varun commented from where he was standing next to Slaine, seeing as she was still holding his arm, "It is a city after all, and cities tend to be pretty similar."

Of course, this was coming from the guy who had only been to a legal city once, and on that occasion had managed to get himself almost immediately arrested. Not that anyone but him knew that.

"It's probably for the best if we're careful, though," D'iala said to Varun in reply. Asking for some helping and eventually finding out you wouldn't have needed it? Fine. Not asking for help, ending up needing it, and offending someone horribly and getting into trouble because of it? Eh... not so fine.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM

((I did! Firefox was being awful silly. :talk2hand:))

"They don't seem to be very hostile," Nami observed, all for asking for help. This certainly wasn't like any city she had ever been to! Varun's statement made her curious as to the places he'd visited.

Not everyone in the group had spoken up yet, but their window of opportunity was closing. As the two were walking by them, still bickering (the dog had slowed and was lagging slightly behind the man, head turned towards the group, ears cocked, and nose twitching as he took in all the unfamiliar smells they carried), Raie called out, "Excuse us! We're, uh... really lost."

The man and woman stopped their arguing long enough to look at the lot- both raised their eyebrows and glanced at one another at their outlandish appearances. "Er... got lost on your way to a con?" the dreadlocked woman asked.
"A what?" Viv looked entirely confused.
"Actually," Raie said, not at all reassured by the fact that apparently, their group seemed very out of place, "we're from another world, and have no idea what to do in this one."
"You mean country?" the man responded. "Are you guys French?" Because obviously, only French people would be this strange.

Nimue picked up on that implication, and frowned. "My half-sister is French, jerk. Besides, he doesn't have a French- whoa." She'd been sizing up all parties present, and her gaze had just locked onto Raie. She blinked her blue eyes several times, pursed her lips, and drew her brows together as she thought.
"Something wrong?" Raie asked, nervousness tinging his voice. Maybe this had been a bad idea.
"No, no, you just a lot look like a guy I know," she said, and her male companion turned his eyes to Raie, blinking in surprise when he apparently saw the same resemblance.

"Listen," Slaine cut in, realizing this wasn't going anywhere, "can you two help us or not?" She'd noted the largely human appearance of all that passed by, and had gotten rid of her wings, rounded her ears, changed her eyes to a nonthreatening green with circular pupils, and had shaved a about a foot off of her height. She wished she hadn't done that last bit. Being shorter than other people was weird. She was around Viv's height now, a few inches smaller than Rolian and Mehen. Lothaire had made the same changes (albeit to brown eyes instead of green) minus adjusting his height. He was tall, but nothing completely out of place, unlike Slaine's typically Amazonian stature.

"Er, yeah, sorry," the man said quickly, "Where are you call from?"

Lathrine

Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 AM

By this point in the conversation Varun had managed to work his way free of Slaine's grip. He was getting the feeling from this group that other worldly travelers were not a common occurrence here. "Just a small, backwater country- you wouldn't have heard of it," Varun replied as he hoped against hope they wouldn't ask for a name.

Shezmu quickly caught on to Varun's lie and almost sent him a "I doubt they'll buy it" look, but decided that doing so in front of the people he was trying to fool was a poor idea.

Since Rolian, Merak and Aqua couldn't shape shift, the most they could do was casually shift their hair to hide their pointed ears under the guise of brushing it out of their eyes- it wasn't much and a strong wind would undo the shift, but it would work for the time being. Doriki however was able remove his horns, round out his pupils and make his ears regular-ear shaped thanks to his very minor shapeshifting.

((Pfft, I feel like Dork's a gary stu now, givin' him shapeshifting and all. :c I need to bloody work out races and their abilites BEFORE roleplaying them in the future. :gonk:))

Iltu

Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 PM

Trovet followed their lead, and subtly took out his braid, letting his hair cover his ears. Nami flattened hers as best she could, though it would muffle her hearing, and inwardly bemoaned the fact she was so adamantly6 against dresses and skirts- then she'd have a place to hide her tail. As it was, she pressed it close in behind her legs, hoping it wasn't noticeable from the front. There was nothing Raie could do about his ears now- if he tried to lower them some, they'd be an instant source of attention for these two.

"I probably have," the man replied to Varun, "I do work for a lot of foreign companies. But I mean, I guess where you're from isn't that important..." It was clear, however, that he was suspicious. "Where do you all need to get to?"

Lathrine

Old 08-16-2010, 11:12 PM

"We've just been trying to find a place to regroup," Varun explained to the man, "But since we aren't familiar with the area we've run into a little trouble."

Eh, close enough to the truth for now.

Iltu

Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 AM

"Erm," the man said, "if you want, you can use my phone to call a cab or... five," he amended, acknowledging the size of the group. "They can take you to wherever you need to go to get your things or... regroup or whatever it is you need to do."
"Charles." The woman didn't look terribly pleased with him.
"What?"
"They're already confused, and all those cabs would be ridiculous expensive! And they don't even seem like they'd know where to tell the cab to go. No offense if you do know, I mean, but you all look really lost. You don't know, do you?"

"Er, no, we don't." Raie told her, shooting the others a 'what the hell is a cab?' look. Unfortunately, it appeared that everyone was giving him or someone else the same look. So that wasn't helpful. At all.

"I know what it's like to be from another country," the woman told them in a tone that approached kindness. "Tell you what, you can all come back to where I live for a little while, figure out where you need to go, and we can have some people drive you there."
"Nimue!" The man, Charles, looked horrified at this idea.
"Shut it, Charles! It'll take a few hours out of people's days."
"But what if..." He trailed off, glanced at the strange lot, and gave Nimue a meaningful look.
Nimue rolled her eyes at however she interpreted said look. "If they're psychos, a group this big and this weird lookiiiiiI mean interesting is gonna have a hard time getting away from a murder scene. Chillax.

"So!" she said, turning back to the group, "That sound good? Or we can just call those cabs for you." She looked around a them, not smiling, but not looking hostile or annoyed either, just curious about their response, and probably the group themselves.

Lathrine

Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 AM

If it wasn't for the drone of cars and horns right next to them, the motley assembled group might have been to here a loud, echoing, almost metallic whooshing sound in the alley that Varun and company had left not a few minutes before. Those with more sensitive hearing likely could of heard it, but for such an out of place sound it didn't seem like one you would notice. Unless you knew it, of course. Moments later, two men exited a large blue box that had appeared in the alley and began walking down it towards the street. Due to the mob of completely lost species standing in front of the alleyway, though, they stopped just a few feet behind the group.

If someone from the group turned around, they'd be able to get an excellent look at these newcomers. One looked to be in his early thirties and wearing what looked to be a gray-blue navy captain's uniform, his hair black and cut close to his scalp. The man looked like his was in his mid twenties, dressed in a brown pinstripe suit, a brown coat and red-and-white sneakers. His hair was brown and started tidy near the back, but by the time his hair reached his forehead it had become a wild, sticky-upy mess. And among all this brown, there was yet more in the form of his eyes, which were themselves wide and impossibly filled with a glee that was almost childlike. The second man was holding the edge of his coat up with one hand, the other tucking something away into an inside pocket. Among the noise of a city, those same sharp ears from earlier might be able to pick up the tail end of a rather interesting conversation.

"... Somewhere in the early twenty-first century, it looks like. Though I'm not entirely sure why she brought us here. I was just here a few days ago, nothing weird was going on then." the head-to-legs-brown man was saying to his companion. "No Dalek in the sky or Slitheen taking over the government. Well, there wasn't anything weird I could find when I was last here. Well, I was in Britain, and this is America. Well-"

His companion tapped him on the shoulder, then pointed at the group before them, just a few inches farther down from where the brown-colored man had been staring- straight over their heads.

"... Oh." The brown-clad man blinked. "Or, um, that could be why."

Of course, this arrival and conversation was going on at the same time that Nimue and Charles were talking with Raie and then each other. So there wasn't an awful lot of attention being drawn to the newcomers standing behind the group. In the cases of Doriki and the Cubi, they likely didn't need to hear these two new arrivals to know they were there. Their very auras would give that fact away: Given that one was confusing as hell, both existing and not existing at the same time, and the other just wasn't there.

Doriki turned to get a look at these newcomers, seeing as he was getting bored of the conversation before him. This would turn out to be one of his biggest mistakes of the insane day, ensuring that there would be more squealing and confusion than there would have been otherwise. Bwahaha.

The man in brown had started speaking again, more to himself than to his companion. Said companion grinned and crossed the distance between himself and Doriki in a few steps, snatching one of the god's hands with both of his in a firm handshake. "Captain Jack Harkness, at your service. And your name is?"

The other man's attention immediately snapped to this Jack Harkness. His lips parted in the faintest of groans. "Stop iiiit!" he almost-groaned, rolling his eyes.

Jack Harkness half turned to his companion, pulled Doriki's arm and his own at an odd angle. "What? I'm just saying hello."

"I know. Now stop it! Do I have to get you neutered?"

The conversation had drawn the attention of most the group. Merak and Aqua traded looks, and Rolian shot one in Raie's direction. Mehen raised a confused eyebrow. D'iala was pretty much just keeping an eye on Trovet. Seeing as Varun was still more or less suppose to be talking to Nimue, he didn't want to just spin on his heel and ignore the people who were willing to help what had to look like a bunch of crazies out. Unfortunately for him, Shezmu could do such a thing. And, as if to brag to Varun that he could, the young teen spun on his heel to get a good look at the new arrivals.

((I'm a horrible person when Dork is involved. :ninja:))

Last edited by Lathrine; 08-22-2010 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: lolcoherency

Iltu

Old 08-20-2010, 01:40 PM

D’iala, in that case, could see that Trovet looked one part completely stressed out, one part terrified, and one part disbelieving. Raie returned Rolian’s look before glancing between Charles and Nimue and these other two men. Viv, in the sheer confusion f the moment, had apparently forgotten to be horrified by her surroundings, lips parted and eyebrows drawn together as she tried to make something of these two. Lothaire frowned. What was with humans and weird auras lately?

Slaine picked up on this Jack person’s flirtatiousness right away. If his manner wasn’t enough, the other man’s reaction was. Her laughter started out softly, a gentle hissing of air, but because Doriki was the one being flirted with, she couldn’t contain herself. “Pffft… ha ha! Sorry, sorry, don’t mind me,” she said with a wave of the hand when she drew a couple glances from others in the group.

As she’d noted the appearance of the women who passed by, she’d changed her appearance even more, bits at a time so as to not draw the attention of anyone not in their group. Her hair was shorter, thicker, and wavier than it had been moments ago, and instead of being pinned up, it pooled around and below her shoulders.

She’d even gone so far as to shift her clothes—gone was the red and black dress that was completely out of place with this world’s apparent idea of fashion. Instead, she’d picked up on the multitudes wearing jeans coupled with loose, ruffled blouses of some sort. Of course, this was Slaine. The jeans were of dark denim and clung incredibly close to the skin, and the dark green blouse was—surprise—incredibly low cut.

Lothaire tried not to roll his eyes when he saw this new get-up. Apparently, Slaine could not resist wearing ‘do-me’ clothes no matter what world they were in. Typical. Still, she looked (by this world’s standards) completely normal, and that would hopefully be an asset.

Nami, being Nami, blurted, “Who are you guys?” without a second thought.

Varun needn’t have worried about ignoring Nimue because she was currently ignoring him in order to look at Jack and his companion. The dog Charles had on a leash, who had been politely and quietly sitting this whole time, got to his feet and whined, pawing the ground and wagging his tail. This many new smells and people was too much for him, he wanted to go investigate and say hello, for god’s sake!

Charles looked at the two, at the group, at Nimue, at his dog, shook his head, repeated. He then pulled a small, rectangular box from his pocket, extracted a thin white stick, and placed one end between his lips. Returning the box to his pocket, he produced another rectangular object. After a glance at Nimue to make sure she wasn’t watching, he clicked the object, and a small flame appeared. He used it to light the white stick, then put it away. “This is going to be a looooong day,” he muttered to himself, wishing he had more than one pack on him.

Hard liquor would have been nice, too.

Lathrine

Old 08-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Doriki had managed to disentangle his own hand from this 'Jack's hands, resisting the urge to glare at the man. Before the one in brown had a chance to say anything, Jack was already moving to ask Nami her name. He wasn't able to get very far with his usual, flirtatious introduction, however.

"Captain Ja-"

"JACK. Stop it already!" The other man demanded loudly, raising an eyebrow. "Every single time..." he muttered under his breath, storming forward a step and hauling Jack back several steps by the arm. He coughed. "Anyways, I'm the Doctor. And this flirtatious lout..." the doctor glanced at Jack with a look of annoyance, but one corner of his mouth tugging into a grin counteracted said annoyance, "Well, you've already met him."

The Doctor rocked on his heels a bit, his eyes flicking over the whole assembled group with a huge, childish grin on his face. "What," the word came out as 'wot,' rather than 'what,' "about you lot?"

Iltu

Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 AM

“I’m Slaine,” the succubus who was called such piped up, and noting that Trovet looked like if he had to say his name he’d vomit, “and that dear there is my son, Trovet.” Sure, she looked nothing like him, but she could plead adoption if anyone was tactless enough to ring it up. Trovet glanced at her in surprise, but Slaine figured it best if she had an excuse to keep close to and look out for him around these people. He had D’iala, but Slaine was a bit full of herself—she was older, and considered herself wiser, stronger, better looking, etc, etc, and decided that if it came down to it, she could defend Trovet much more effectively.

Raie gave them a huge smile, not realizing that pointed canines were not quite a common sight in this world. “Name’s Raie, good to meet you.”
“Viv,” Viv (durr) said cautiously, not willing to open herself up to or be friendly with any strangers just yet. Lothaire just looked at them contemptuously.

Nami inclined her head. “I’m Nami. “Nice to mee you Doctor…” she trailed off, unable to remember what his name was or if he’d just said, ‘the Doctor.’ Being bad with names was so embarrassing… “Er, I’m sorry. What was it? Doctor Who?”

Charles’ head shot up. He was fairly certain his assistant watched a show called Doctor Who. He’d never seen much of it, and wasn’t sure, but this was all strange enough so far that that didn’t seem all too far-fetched. Not vocalizing the oh, hell no that ran through his head was extremely difficult, and was fixed only by a long drag on his cigarette. He hoped Nimue didn’t start railing on him about quitting, he needed them right now. At least two packs would be necessary, he decided with an inward groan. And after that first hour… he’d see how many more he’d need to buy.

((That was for you, Lathy.))

Lathrine

Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 PM

((ILU :heart: But know already knew that.))

"Nothing. Just 'Doctor'," the Doctor said with a sort of tired smile that said "I have said this a billion times and more, and it doesn't look like people will let up asking 'Doctor Who?' any time soon." He stuck his hands in his pockets, looking at the rest of the group expectantly.

Since Nami's question was answered, for the time being, the others went ahead to introduce themselves. "I'm D'iala," the priest said with one of his soft little smiles.

"Rolian, and my son Merak." Rolian greeted, gesturing to the both of them in turn.

Doriki took Lothaire's stance on not giving his name. And debated whether or not he wanted to give them a dirty look. They had known these strange people all of five minutes and hated them already. Mehen spoke up next. "I'm Mehen."

"Aqua." Guess who!

This left Nimue and Charles, who the Doctor looked at just as expectantly as he had the others.

Iltu

Old 08-30-2010, 12:59 AM

"Oh!" said Nimue, not realizing he'd thought her and Charles a part of 'you lot.' "I'm Nimue. Er, yeah, like nih-mew, not nee-moo-ay. My 'rents are Swedish, I don't know what possessed them to think they knew how to pronounce a Welsh name," she explained, apparently used to people raising brows at the pronunciation. And frankly, this weirdo lot looked like they would know their stuff about geeky things like King Arthur. "And this is my boyfriend, Charles-Charles!" Nimue scowled as she glanced over and saw him smoking, snatching the cigarette from between his lips and flinging it to the sidewalk before stomping it out with the sole of her sneaker.

Charles sighed. This happened an awful lot.

"And the dalmatian is Maurice," Nimue finished, a bit snippily, still glaring at Charles from the corner of her eye. The spotted beast (Maurice, of course!) perked his ears and cocked his head at his name, turning his great brown eyes on Nimue and wagging his tail slowly.

Raie blinked. Nimue, either pronunciation, seemed relatively normal, but Charles and Maurice? What kind of names were those? He'd heard the Nimue say them but he'd hardly registered them as names.

Lathrine

Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 AM

The Doctor grinned, rocking on his heels again. "Lovely to meet you all," he dropped to a crouch, offering a hand for Maurice to sniff, "You too, Maurice. You know I use to have a dog," he said aloud to no one in particular, "Brilliant, he was. Always managed to surprise me- me!- when I least expected it."

"What happened to him?" Shezmu asked curiously.

The Doctor blinked, looking up with a grin. "Oh, nothing. He's still alive. Alive and brilliant. Nah, I had to leave him with a friend. I travel an awful lot, and it just... wasn't good for him. Actually the friend I left him with use to travel with me as well. So at least he's with someone he knows, not some shelter somewhere. Mind you, I don't think there are very many shelters that would take him in- Am I rambling again?" The Doctor twisted, looking up at Jack.

Jack smiled smugly. "Yes, Doc. Yes you are." His tone of voice suggested that this happened a lot.
An awful lot.

"Don't call me that," Doctor frowned, "You know I hate that nickname. 'Doc'... ugh."

Aqua and Merak swapped looks again. These two men were awfully odd. Odder even then this treeless city. Just who were they?

Iltu

Old 09-12-2010, 04:18 AM

Turning his attention from Nimue, Maurice sniffed the offered hand before sitting down and offering his paw in return- Charles had taught him to respond to visual commands in addition to verbal ones, and really, what was cooler than having a dog that also knew how to 'shake' when you held out your hand for it to sniff?

Well, owning dogs seemed to be an extremely popular topic around here, and though he was doing his damnedest to maintain his pleasant and relaxed demeanor, it was making Raie extremely uncomfortable. This was almost as awkward as when he got too near Uncle Grigori's kennels with those twenty-odd hunting hounds of his... He saw Nami glance at him and give the slightest incline of her head as an encouraging nod, and he sincerely hoped she was the only one who knew him well enough to notice his unease. Besides, she knew how he felt about owned dogs, maybe the others wouldn't even register that.

"So," Nimue said awkwardly, not quite knowing how to handle all this, "Did you guys, um... want to come with us, or have us call those cabs...? Er, I guess you two can tag along as well?" she added hesitantly, nodding at The Doctor and Jack.

Lathrine

Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 PM

The Doctor grinned and took the offered paw, shaking. "Come with you, if you don't mind." Rolian replied, seeing as no one else was. He didn't know what a 'cab' was, and until they learned more about this place it would probably be smart to stick with people who could help them.

"Don't mind if we do," Doctor said, releasing Maurice's paw and bouncing to his feet. "We won't be too much trouble. Well, Jack might be, but don't mind him"

Jack feigned insult, "I'm far less trouble then you, Doctor."

"And which of us got us kicked out of that inn cuz they flirted with the mayor, eh?" Doctor raised an eyebrow. Jack didn't even bothered trying to look innocent.

Varun snickered.

Iltu

Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM

Charles did not look pleased that they would be coming, but said nothing. Nimue grinned at Rolian, "'Course we-" here was a pointed look at Charles, "-don't! Be glad to have you for a few hours. Nice dye job, by the way, your stylist is fantastic, or you're just really good at doing it yourself. Looks real!"

((I was gonna have a much longer response about them going on their way and such, but it just seemed appropriate to leave off there. Put Rolian in an awkward position. :B ...Also that line is giving me a serious case of deja vu... Has anyone said anything about Rolian's hair yet?))

Lathrine

Old 10-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Rolian felt himself flailing to answer for a moment- What... what was a "die job"? Or a stylist for that matter? Wait, was he thinking of the wrong kind of die? ... Yes. Dye. Like the stuff some of the people over in Baron used on occasion to change the color of their hair. Not that he dyed his hair, of course. Hair colors like his own, while highly out of the ordinary almost anywhere else since they weren't considered natural, were quite common among the Spirits.

"Ah, thank you. On both accounts." Rolian replied with a smile.

While he was speaking with Nimue, D'iala quietly moved over to Trovet's side. He raised a hand, gently touching the teen's shoulder. "How're you holding up?" he asked softly, so his voice wouldn't carry over to Nimue and Charles. Yes they seemed to be nice people, but drawing attention to Trovet really wasn't what his friend needed right now.

((Baron is the port town that Varun lived in before he became a pirate, and is where the festival is being held over in the main roleplay. c: It recently upgraded from "nameless not-quite-throw away" to "Actually Important And Significant." Because it got named. Also I realized while I was typing this that I don't remember how old Trovet is. o_o So I just sort of guessed.))

Iltu

Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 AM

"No problem." Nimue didn't think Rolian's pause in answering her was odd- English might not be his first language, after all! Charles, however, had a difficult time not narrowing his eyes in suspicion. What was with these people?

Trovet started when D'iala touched him, too wrapped up in trying to adjust himself his surroundings to notice the man's approach. "About as well as everyone else is, not that that's a good thing," he said just as softly. "This world is so loud and confusing..."

"We'd better get going," Nimue said, not having realized that Trovet and D'iala were talking. "You guys are probably tired and want to sit down and get situated, am I right?""

((Alright-y, thanks for lettin' me know! <3
Trovet darling is fifteen. c:
Sorry it took so long and that its so sucky! ;a; ))

Lathrine

Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 AM

((OHAI. Look who replied. :B /so late))

D'iala nodded slightly, giving Trovet's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Well, things will hopefully stop being so confusing once we can get an explanation." Then he realized that Nimue was talking, and started trying to divide his attention between her and Trovet.

Before someone else could speak, Shezmu piped up. "Yeah, I think that the lot of us sitting down and getting situated would probably be a good idea."

Last edited by Lathrine; 03-31-2011 at 02:07 AM..

Iltu

Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 AM

((Yay! <3))

Trovet, however, had apparently realized that Nimue was speaking as well, and did Not reply to D'iala with words, but with a meaningful nod of the head.

"Follow us, then," Nimue said, "My place is only a couple of blocks away. It's in a less busy area, too, so it'll be a little less chaotic." "I guess, uh... no one get lost, okay?" She was reminded of a sort of field trip, with a bunch of kids to lead and a bunch of ways for them to wander off. She'd sort of taken responsibility for these people, and while she didn't mind letting them crash at her place for a few minutes or even hours if it came to it, she did mind tromping about the city helping to look for someone. That was NOT how she wanted to spend her Saturday.

She motioned for them to come along and set off. Charles was loathe to turn his back on the lot, but he did, pulling up beside Nimue, Maurice in tow. He looked over his shoulder as they all went on their way, trying to appear a bit more polite than he had previously. "So, erm... What brings you all to this area?"

((OMG D'iala and Trovet are such like brothers and it's adorable oh my god. <3
Akhdfdk, Mimi and Lala need to get married and so do Trovet Darling and Mimi's cousin Costin so D'iala and Trovvie-poo can be related for reals. >:c))

Lathrine

Old 07-03-2011, 01:38 AM

When they had finally started moving, Shezmu had expected that they'd have a bit of time to collect their thoughts. Then Charles looked back over at them and started asking questions, taking him by surprise. "Oh, not much." Shezmu replied, scrambling for a response that wouldn't be terribly suspicious. He was getting the feeling that this Charles didn't like them too much, and the last thing they needed to do was give him more reasons not to. "Just sort of... looking around. We were passing through and thought we'd stop here on the way and just... poke around."

Which wasn't entirely a lie. Just... mostly one. It had been less "just passing through" and more "randomly sent here when the teleportation spell went awry, oh man what is this place." A lot less.

The moment Shezmu was finished speaking, Varun made a quiet noise of disapproval. He definitely could have come up with a better cover story. He just didn't want to, that's all. But within seconds the two were bickering under their voices, rolling their eyes at each other, and just generally acting like teens.

Doriki, standing near the back of the group, resisted the temptation to roll his eyes. Nothing could go well if they stayed with these two. But they didn't really have a choice for the time being. At the very least these Shezmu and Varun kids (who were, oh goody, back to quietly arguing with each other) could stop trying to do all the talking.

((Ffff YES this needs to happen and I can't wait for it too! D: ))

Iltu

Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM

"I see," Charles said, mistrust seeping from each word. It wasn't so much that he was trying to sound skeptical, it was more that he just couldn't hide it. Even Nimue picked up on it, casting him another disapproving stare. She didn't say anything, however, because that was a rather weird answer on Shezmu's part. It was too secretive and almost... well, almost like he didn't know what was going on.

"So," Charles continued, "Passing through here on your way to... where did you say you were headed, again?"
This earned Shezmu a 'you seriously could not have let someone who was a good liar handle that?' look from Nami, a 'you are now my least favorite of the children,' look from Slaine, Raie's gaze was along the lines of, 'I hate being annoyed with people but you could have handled that first question better,' and Lothaire's expression was simply something along the lines of, 'you insignificant moron, I am going to kill you.' (Of course, it would be ridiculous to be able to read all that in mere expressions. In reality, it was more that Shezmu just got four looks.)

"Well, we're sort of-" "You see, there might-" "We're on our way-" "That's not really-" Raie, Slaine, Nami and Lothaire all began at once before pausing to glance at one another in order to do the rapid and non-verbal, 'we can't all talk at once so who's going to?' dance that occurs whenever people try to speak simultaneously.