sweet_serender159
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned
Send a message via MSN to sweet_serender159

Old 07-08-2010, 03:42 AM

Hello all. My name is Sophie and this is my story. The classic tale of Alice in Wonderland has been portrayed in many different forms and I have decided to try one! I hope you all like it! It's pretty much told from the point of view from Alice's twin children whe the first experience Wonderland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica peered around the corner and spied her brother’s head above a soft armchair, looking around she couldn’t help but notice a blue book sitting on a small table next to him. She smirked as she crept slowly forward towards the book, Hmmmm, I wonder if I can...... Jessica reached the book and just as she had laid a soft hand on its smooth cover a hand slammed down on it and she looked up to her brother. Rolling her eyes she stood up and walked out of the room, “Sorry. I didn’t know you were reading it.”

When she reached the door she turned around and looked into the flames of the fireplace, “Jessica Marie Burns! Get out here right now!” Jessica winced as her name rang through the halls, Damn, Mother is going to yell at me. Jessica ran towards her Mother’s voice and caught the sight of her Mother’s blonde hair in the garden near a big tree in the lake.

“Yes Mother?” Jessica tried to be kind as she addressed her Mother, “Jessica do you know what this is?” She held up a broken Ming vase, cracked in two, and Jessica winced, “Umm, Grandmother’s vase?” Jessica took a step back and sat on a root of the tree, “Yes. And why was it under your bed?” Jessica looked up at her Mother and smiled, “Umm, I broke it?” Her voice rang high at the last note and her Mother gave her a hard look. “Do you understand how long this vase has been in this family for?” Jessica shook her head and looked back at the house.

Its white paint was slowly peeling away and underneath she was able to see the pale grey brick that stopped her Mother’s house from crumbling to the ground. “Are you even listening to me Jessica?” Jessica looked back to her Mother and nodded, “Than what did I just say?” Jessica stood up and walked closer to her Mother, taking each piece of the vase in her hands and turned away, “You just said that you wanted me to fix it." With a smile she heard her Mother say, “Lucky. Just because you heard me doesn’t mean you were listening.” Jessica had only reached the back door when she was pounced upon and when she turned her head she found her Mother smiling down at her, “I can never stay mad at you Jessica, you remind me of myself at your age.” Stepping out of her Mother’s arms Jessica turned and smiled warmly at her Mother, “I know. It’s because I’m all cute and cuddly.” And with a simple turn on her heel she made her way back up stairs into the second living room that Jessica and her brother shared.

“Alex, Mother wants you to fix this.” She dropped the vase in his lap and ignored his wince at the broken antique. “Jessica. What did you do?” Jessica moved over to the fireplace and sat in front of it with her back to the flames, “Nothing. The vase fell off the mantle downstairs on its own.” She looked away from her brother’s accusing glare, “Where did she find it?” Jessica looked away from Alex and sniffed, “Under my bed.” Alex stood up and turned away from her and walked over to a table behind the chair he had been sitting on, “Oh dear Jessica. Why did you do it?” Jessica turned away from him and stood up, walking over to the window she looked out into the sunshine and said, “It wasn’t my fault, it fell off the mantle by itself.” She turned and watched Alex shake his head and she turned away from him and stared back out the window, I don’t have to impress you Alex.

She straightened her back as she watched a little white rabbit run across the garden towards the big tree she had been at 10 minutes ago, “Alex, come here." She said while waving a hand behind her to Alex, “Can you see what I see?” She turned her head to the side as her brother came up behind her and looked out the window over her shoulder, “What are you looking at?” He got a little closer and she could feel him lean against her, “Hey get off me.” She shrugged him off her, “Over there, can you see the rabbit?” She pointed a finger to the rabbit and leaned away from the window so Alex could get closer and see, “Oh yeah, I can. What do you think it is?” Jessica snorted, ‘What do you think it is? It’s a rabbit.” She grabbed his arm hard and started to walk out of the room while dragging him along after her

Last edited by sweet_serender159; 07-14-2010 at 11:20 AM..

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 AM

I love how you've made such different kind of characters! I adore Jessica :)
There are some small grammatical errors here and there, but for the most part, it looks okay.
Just please do continue, you've hardly started!

deadlyxkat

Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 PM

One of the biggest things you might want to watch is some of what you're having your characters say either isn't in quotes at all or only has one set at the beginning and doesn't have a closing quotation mark. Also, for anything that's thought, you might want to try and find a way to make it clear that it's not speech but it's not narration either.