Penpal

Old 01-10-2023, 08:30 PM

HA! I kind of figured you had, hence why I thought I'd rather just ask you LOL

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-10-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Legit I feel exactly like this! It makes no sense and I have no idea how to buy or sell anything. Considering for years I lived in the exchange and new in inside and out and now I look at my gold and go "what does this even mean?" is wild LOL
I'm going to have to do that then, it seems to make more sense. Because even with my ridiculous gold count, I don't think I can actually afford much of anything LOL

I'm going to check out this Lake Kindred! I love little pets!
Yeah, I wasn’t on when it first switched and missed the real talk about it and didn’t understand it either. I’m a creature of habit and don’t like changing things, so I put it off for a while too. But glad I switched because I have so much more plat now and that’s from not even being a person that posts.

Did you check Lake Kindred out?! I’m just obsessed with items. It would be so fun for mene to do something like that or little games we could play together. But I’m just so happy we remotely have a mene back it feels so unreal still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
It looks like it adds up slower but you’re actually earning way more on plat. Again 1 plat = 10mil gold and you don’t earn that much gold in a day. You can earn 3k plat, which is equal to 30 bil gold.
Its weird how they have it because you’d think if you can earn that much plat that you could earn that much gold. But, they don’t give you that much in gold lol
I’ll definitely try to remember to bump each day. Did a couple today. I have a decent amount of plat, but I can’t imagine the insane amount people that post daily must get. But I also feel like items values in general are pretty low. My coco I would have thought would be worth so much more. Even the total of my whole inventory is only about 10.5mil. It’s hard when you haven’t been on something to really understand the value of stuff. Like even here on mene, I don’t know anymore what is considered a good amount of gold. All mine is tucked away on my mule, so I forget I even have gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
'Fallows Kirin' Hello 'waves'
it’s a star!

Quote:
Not gonna lie though, going from 12,883,815,753 gold to like 1300 Plat I almost cried HAHA!
Pretty soul crushing, right? I remember when I first switched too. It really hurt.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-10-2023, 10:54 PM

Gaia's economy is bizarre to me.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 12:38 AM

I'd love if someone could check the price on Gaia of the Skittles rainbow promotional item that came out a decade or so ago. I hoarded those things like crazy!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 03:36 AM

I don't even remember my username on Gaia.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 06:53 AM

I know my new name, but can't remember my old one.

I had a few old pricy items but gave it all to my little sister.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-11-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
I'd love if someone could check the price on Gaia of the Skittles rainbow promotional item that came out a decade or so ago. I hoarded those things like crazy!
Oh hey I was around for that when it happened

Skittles Rainbow says average buy price is 6000 platinum, lowest buy price right now is 4k, then a 5k, some people have it listed for 15 and 25 and some outrageous listing is all 9's

So, not a whole lot considering you can get 3k plat for one post a day.

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Yeah, I wasn’t on when it first switched and missed the real talk about it and didn’t understand it either. I’m a creature of habit and don’t like changing things, so I put it off for a while too. But glad I switched because I have so much more plat now and that’s from not even being a person that posts.

Did you check Lake Kindred out?! I’m just obsessed with items. It would be so fun for mene to do something like that or little games we could play together. But I’m just so happy we remotely have a mene back it feels so unreal still.

I’ll definitely try to remember to bump each day. Did a couple today. I have a decent amount of plat, but I can’t imagine the insane amount people that post daily must get. But I also feel like items values in general are pretty low. My coco I would have thought would be worth so much more. Even the total of my whole inventory is only about 10.5mil. It’s hard when you haven’t been on something to really understand the value of stuff. Like even here on mene, I don’t know anymore what is considered a good amount of gold. All mine is tucked away on my mule, so I forget I even have gold.

it’s a star!

Pretty soul crushing, right? I remember when I first switched too. It really hurt.

Yeah the economy has definitely changed in what's valuable and what isn't. Older/Classic items like that are still worth a lot tho. Coco is worth 1mil Platinum. Which might not sound like 10.1 mil gold but, it takes a while to make 1mil plat (in my experience) So not all hope is lost!

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 05:05 AM ----------

BTW Everyone if you hover over the "Catch" tab and click on "Spinami" you can spin a wheel for free once a day and get an item

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post

I'm glad this came up honestly, I would have stayed with gold forever otherwise!

I am there right now, it's asking me to pick my first pet, so I'm going through guides to see if there is one out of the 4 that is superior to the others. I also took advantage of my one post a day and asked in the forum LOL

I'd love to have a game back on Mene! I've been playing them on Flight Rising and it's been fun :)

It hurt, it definitely hurt. While I know my gold count couldn't actually afford much of the inflated prices on things, it still hurt LOL

Quote:
BTW Everyone if you hover over the "Catch" tab and click on "Spinami" you can spin a wheel for free once a day and get an item
Feel free to keep these tips coming, as someone who hasn't played there in MANY years, I am learning all the things now! Just spun and got some animal item, I don't even have animals on there, yet I'm jazzed! LOL

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 02:24 PM

I have so many pricy items... but I no longer use the email that I created my account with.

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm glad this came up honestly, I would have stayed with gold forever otherwise!

I am there right now, it's asking me to pick my first pet, so I'm going through guides to see if there is one out of the 4 that is superior to the others. I also took advantage of my one post a day and asked in the forum LOL

I'd love to have a game back on Mene! I've been playing them on Flight Rising and it's been fun :)

It hurt, it definitely hurt. While I know my gold count couldn't actually afford much of the inflated prices on things, it still hurt LOL

Feel free to keep these tips coming, as someone who hasn't played there in MANY years, I am learning all the things now! Just spun and got some animal item, I don't even have animals on there, yet I'm jazzed! LOL
You can’t actually have an animal, you can just be an animal avatar lol they need their own separate clothes xD you can switch back and forth on your avatar page above your avatar. So where is says “Save” there’s a little box with a picture and scroll arrows. That’s how you change form. You can switch freely between the different types of avatars, human and animals. Not like before where if you wanted vampire skin you needed a vampire potion vial from the shop.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 02:27 PM

Oh... I had my info saved... I am in!

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 02:35 PM

Other gaia help: Here's a thread with a bunch of freebie items. You can just click the little icons (scroll down the first post) for free item grants. Not all of them will work, but most of them are good. Make sure to click both the human and animal versions if you want both.

Also, hover over "Games" and click on Runway. This is their avatar contest section. Winning is near impossible BUT if you vote once a day on any category, if you get 8 days in a row you get a bonus item. It's usually a Lake Kindred bundle thing, "Chirpette Bundle" I always sell it, it's quick cash on the MP.

There's also a chrome extension called GaiaUpgrade, when installed it has better shortcuts for things, makes everything easier to use. You can set your toolbar to any color you want and you can make the background image anything you want. When you click one daily freebie at the top of the tab it collects EVERY daily instead of making you go to each tab to get them.
idk it's free and it saves time lol
Link to that here

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 10:45 AM ----------

It does more than that but I’m so used to it I forgot all its features lol

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You can’t actually have an animal, you can just be an animal avatar lol they need their own separate clothes xD you can switch back and forth on your avatar page above your avatar. So where is says “Save” there’s a little box with a picture and scroll arrows. That’s how you change form. You can switch freely between the different types of avatars, human and animals. Not like before where if you wanted vampire skin you needed a vampire potion vial from the shop.
Oh my goodness HA! I hadn't even considered that was how it worked. My goodness this site has evolved SOOO much!
Quote:
Other gaia help: Here's a thread with a bunch of freebie items. You can just click the little icons (scroll down the first post) for free item grants. Not all of them will work, but most of them are good. Make sure to click both the human and animal versions if you want both.

Also, hover over "Games" and click on Runway. This is their avatar contest section. Winning is near impossible BUT if you vote once a day on any category, if you get 8 days in a row you get a bonus item. It's usually a Lake Kindred bundle thing, "Chirpette Bundle" I always sell it, it's quick cash on the MP.

There's also a chrome extension called GaiaUpgrade, when installed it has better shortcuts for things, makes everything easier to use. You can set your toolbar to any color you want and you can make the background image anything you want. When you click one daily freebie at the top of the tab it collects EVERY daily instead of making you go to each tab to get them.
idk it's free and it saves time lol
Link to that here

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 10:45 AM ----------

It does more than that but I’m so used to it I forgot all its features lol
WHOA! I really have missed a lot in the many years I've been away and I basically love you haha! I have gone through everything you said, and got the extension too! THANK YOU! My goodness! I've made a bunch of little bookmarks to check out once a day now too LOL

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness HA! I hadn't even considered that was how it worked. My goodness this site has evolved SOOO much!
WHOA! I really have missed a lot in the many years I've been away and I basically love you haha! I have gone through everything you said, and got the extension too! THANK YOU! My goodness! I've made a bunch of little bookmarks to check out once a day now too LOL
Glad I could help! :D
There's also some links to guides for chance items like love charm and famestar and stuff. You sometimes get them from Lake Kindred and you have to choose the right answers to get a better reward. I didn't feel like trial and error on those so I looked them up lol

This is my color/theme/background set up I have with the extension~

SPOILERX

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Glad I could help! :D
There's also some links to guides for chance items like love charm and famestar and stuff. You sometimes get them from Lake Kindred and you have to choose the right answers to get a better reward. I didn't feel like trial and error on those so I looked them up lol

This is my color/theme/background set up I have with the extension~

SPOILERX

My little tiny Leafkit is at level 3 and I feel pretty good about that, but bad about the lack of work I've done today LOL

There is SO much to learn, I can't imagine being a new member to Gaia as this alone is overwhelming LOL

Ohhhh that's fancy fancy! I haven't got quite that far in the figuring things out yet but I will! LOL

R u b y

Old 01-12-2023, 02:17 AM

Quote:
My little tiny Leafkit is at level 3 and I feel pretty good about that, but bad about the lack of work I've done today LOL

There is SO much to learn, I can't imagine being a new member to Gaia as this alone is overwhelming LOL

Ohhhh that's fancy fancy! I haven't got quite that far in the figuring things out yet but I will! LOL
For real there’s so much to relearn and so many new items its legit impossible to know all of them off the top of your head. I have 20k items in my inventory lol i mean sure a lot of them are duplicates but there’s still thousands of different items. I kinda like this plat thing tho because I’ve been able to afford so many items I wanted for a while.

I forget off the top of my head which lake kindred pets are pretty good but I definitely recommend getting something other than leafkit lol the cows are pretty good, and flyvern and vulcarus (I think its called)
I have a ton of extras I could send you for free lol

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-12-2023, 04:19 AM

I am back on Gaia... don't know how active I'll be but I had my login info saved.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-12-2023, 09:13 PM

Quote:
For real there’s so much to relearn and so many new items its legit impossible to know all of them off the top of your head. I have 20k items in my inventory lol i mean sure a lot of them are duplicates but there’s still thousands of different items. I kinda like this plat thing tho because I’ve been able to afford so many items I wanted for a while.

I forget off the top of my head which lake kindred pets are pretty good but I definitely recommend getting something other than leafkit lol the cows are pretty good, and flyvern and vulcarus (I think its called)
I have a ton of extras I could send you for free lol
You're not wrong! I remember a time I owed every single common, and MOST of the CI's/EI's on Gaia. Now I play LK and it askes me to verify I'm a person by selecting which items (from a picture of 6 of them) is on the avatar and I have ZERO clue what any of the items are. I sometimes have to try for like 3-4 pictures because the avatar is wearing something from my era HAHAHA. But that's only when I play LK lite so I guess I'm whining and it's my own fault.

Haha I am going to do some research on some of the other kin, there are a few threads giving a bunch away too lol. Do you just get them from the game as you level? I haven't received any yet. I downloaded the Lake Kindred Origin on iPhone thinking they'd be connected, but they aren't and now I'm addicted to growing my tree.

R u b y

Old 01-12-2023, 10:12 PM

Quote:
You're not wrong! I remember a time I owed every single common, and MOST of the CI's/EI's on Gaia. Now I play LK and it askes me to verify I'm a person by selecting which items (from a picture of 6 of them) is on the avatar and I have ZERO clue what any of the items are. I sometimes have to try for like 3-4 pictures because the avatar is wearing something from my era HAHAHA. But that's only when I play LK lite so I guess I'm whining and it's my own fault.

Haha I am going to do some research on some of the other kin, there are a few threads giving a bunch away too lol. Do you just get them from the game as you level? I haven't received any yet. I downloaded the Lake Kindred Origin on iPhone thinking they'd be connected, but they aren't and now I'm addicted to growing my tree.
Lol don’t feel bad, I’ve been on it a lot and I still mess up which items which in that too some of them are impossible to tell.

And yeah I think I got most of them from the game itself lol I bought a few too. You can even buy leveled up ones in the MP. I bought a fully leveled Shiba and I love him so much xD I have a hot dog corgi too xD
But yeah most of them are cheap or free because there’s SO MANY. The little drummer mouse from the wintery Christmas world are prety good too

I didn’t even know there was an app! :o

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-12-2023, 10:47 PM

Okay well that makes me feel a whole lot better then LOL

A hot dog corgi I’ll have to check them all out! I can tell some people just collect them all like Pokémon lol, I can see myself doing that so I have to be careful. I still have adult things I have to do too like manage my home hahahaha!

Yeah! It’s apple products only though which made me sad because I was going to put it on my nieces tablet but I couldn’t :(. It’s super cute but doesn’t tie into the game on Gaia. I thought I could level up easier using the app haha. But I got a ton of kin on there already!! LOL

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 05:17 PM

Hello all. Hope you are all doing well.

R u b y

Old 01-14-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Okay well that makes me feel a whole lot better then LOL

A hot dog corgi I’ll have to check them all out! I can tell some people just collect them all like Pokémon lol, I can see myself doing that so I have to be careful. I still have adult things I have to do too like manage my home hahahaha!

Yeah! It’s apple products only though which made me sad because I was going to put it on my nieces tablet but I couldn’t :(. It’s super cute but doesn’t tie into the game on Gaia. I thought I could level up easier using the app haha. But I got a ton of kin on there already!! LOL
Haha I never played pokemon so this is the closest I've gotten I stopped "collecting" them and just got high level ones I like so I don't have to constantly grind now lol

I don't have the app but I have played the gaia verison from my phone just on the internet logged into gaia xD

---------- Post added 01-14-2023 at 06:15 PM ----------

OH! I forgot to tell you, idk if you noticed yet but your kins give you daily prize! If you click on them in your camp (the main screen) there's a little gift box in the top right corner, click it for prizes :3

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Haha I never played pokemon so this is the closest I've gotten I stopped "collecting" them and just got high level ones I like so I don't have to constantly grind now lol

I don't have the app but I have played the gaia verison from my phone just on the internet logged into gaia xD

OH! I forgot to tell you, idk if you noticed yet but your kins give you daily prize! If you click on them in your camp (the main screen) there's a little gift box in the top right corner, click it for prizes :3
Oh my gosh I've loved the Pokemon Go app! And I've played a bunch of Pokemon Snap on N64 back in the day, just recently started it on the Switch, but I don't play often enough to make any real progress lol

Ohhhhh I had no idea! I just went and got my first gift from my Leafkit haha! I also was donated a few other Kin from a thread I joined, and then I won a couple in a game. So I'm going to get grinding soon lol !

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 01:23 AM

hope everybody is doing well