Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 AM

Wow, what crazy late night socialites you people are haha.
Welcomeback!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 AM

have a great time on vacation!
*hums 'under the boardwalk down by the sea'*
oh, this will be stuck in my head for awhile.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2011, 03:48 AM

xD

There are four people who live in this house and two of them were watching something in the lounge (living room - whichever) with a friend. Like, an entire series of something. xD My friend went in there to give one of them a list and didn't return until the last episode was over. xD

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 AM

:lol:
The TV can sometimes be a black hole of time and reasoning. It just sucks you in!!!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 AM

Yes. xD If I hadn't heard her cackling at the tv, I would have worried that someone ran off with my friend. xD

I wasn't feeling well enough to get up and go check on everyone, though. xD So I just crawled into bed. >_>;

Anyhoo - sitting up for so long is making me feel gross again, so I'm off to lay down for a bit and read a document thinger. :) May log in again in a bit. (We shall see. :o)

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 AM

Ohno! Right, I forgot you're sick!
Feel better! Rest up!!

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 AM

You should see my mom with tv. If she's watching something, everything else is completely tuned out for her. You could be talking to her for a good hour, and she wouldn't even know that you were talking thanks to whatever show she's watching.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 AM

hrm....that's interesting. i know that my mum gets frustrated at the characters on whatever tv show she's watching. It's weird, I know.

sup-qt
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 AM

*waves hand frantically in the air* Oooh!! Me I wanna yabber!
:3 I live right next to you! :D
New Zealand and Australia FTW :]

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Well ok, Cora will try and pop in here from time to time

Thats super awsome that you are in australia though.....Cora has always wanted to go there o.0

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Hello again everyone. :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-07-2011, 12:54 PM

I think I may be the only one here right now but hello ^.^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 AM

I can have really focused attention too. xD If there's a lot of distract-y things going on, I'll focus really intently on whatever I have prioritized (sleep, tv, the computer, the person I'm currently talking to) and can even miss hand gestures to get my attention. D:

I'm doing my best to get better! I got a different sort of cough medicine and hopefully it'll help me beat the cough before I hop on the plane. Or at least beat it back down into submission... For awhile there, I'd only weakly cough a few times a day and otherwise be fine. >_<; I guess the new rain and cold that came in stirred everything up again. STUPID RAIN AND COLD. This is the only time I will be quite so disappointed to see you. >_<

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 AM

I wish I were down under right now. Im tired of these 105+ temps already. If we actually got our monsoon storms like the forecasters keep promising, it would be a different story, but they keep lying to me! : (

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 AM

Ouch. :/ And I'll bet it actually "feels like" much hotter than 105, too. :/ I hope the monsoons come soon. D:

It's actually (during the daytime) arooooound 50 - 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Not every day, but most days. A few days ago I was actually able to go out wearing shorts, tights, a 3/4ths sleeves baseball teeshirt, and mid-thigh canvas shoes (I sooo need a pair of these. D: ). I didn't start getting cold until night fell, and since I have been ill, I've been getting cold fairly easily.

ANYWAY.

What do people think of the rares this time around? And the commons? Or the event in general? Since I knew I'd be gone on vacation I kiiiinda left it up to everyone else on the staff to handle things without me. >_> And since I haven't been able to spend as much time online during the event as usual, I'm not seeing much of the reaction. :x

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM

I think they're fun, expensive but fun. I especially like the idea of What the Cluck.

However I don't see how the items really relate to summer.

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM

My favourite item is the balloons, simply because it is a reference to 'IT' which is one of my favourite films. :3

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-09-2011, 02:44 PM

*pops in* :ninja: I think the first two EIs relate to summer in that they could be apart of a summer fair/carnival or something like that. Since that is what appears to be happening at the Menewshan boardwalk~ XD I don't really understand the chicken one, but it's funny and cute. X3

The commons are all related with a old-timey bathing suit kind of theme, so it's interesting, but I sorta wish there were more hand held accessories. o 3o And I think the colors are nicely chosen as well~

And I love the event because we finally have event currency again! Please tell me that all events from now on will have currency. ; w; Oh! And all the stickies are nice/awesome~ = w=

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 08-09-2011, 03:14 PM

The EI's are fun and well pixeled. :)
The commons are cute, I love the shoes and the shoe-ribbons! And the head wraps!
I like the event, just because I get to hang with newly active old friends again. :heart:

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM

CK: Hey you're a familiar face! Long time no see. :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 PM

I think that if things work out okay with the event currency/rares being done like this, then yes - we'll probably do it like this again until we come up with a more awesome sort of way to handle events. :)

The Event Items (meaning the rares, of course) are meant to relate to a sort of old-fashioned summer carnival/fair theme. :) I supposed fried chicken isn't really Victorian, but some things just cannot be resisted. (It was wishie's way of celebrating something and we thought the items were hilarious and it just got tacked on as a sort of 'extra' EI. ;) )

Also - yes - the head wraps = love. :heart: When I saw the pixels (wishie didn't make the commons, it was the other lovely lady whose Mene screen name I've forgotten because I'm lame and on medication right now) I was very \o/ about them. :3 I am also stoked about the shoes. I think it was Mama Juru who decided to separate the lacings from the flats. :3

Paprika: Hullo. xD How are you enjoying the event? :B

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Its pretty nifty so far! I am liking the special game threads. :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 PM

The ladies and gents in charge of the sticky threads this time around are doing such an awesome and creative job with them. :3 I mourn the fact that I don't have the time/attention span to play in any of them. :cry:

----------

Actually, no, I take that back. I entered Jeryck's contest of guessing things. :3

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Well, the wheel of fate is pretty easy CK, you can even go spin right now! :P

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Mmm... meeeeeeeeeeebbe. >_>;

The thing with that is I know how much work it is behind the scenes. And while I know that Howdy and Belly would be super sadface if they put all the work and planning they did into an event and no one participated, I'd personally feel guilty about contributing to their workload. D: (Not that I'm trying to discourage anyone from playing, since that's the whole point of it! I'm just silly.)

I think the medication is kicking in properly and I may be able to sleep another hour or so before I'll be woken up to be taken to the doctor. >_>

Chat with people later. :3

Still happy to hear peoples' thoughts about the event in general/items in specific. 8D