Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 AM

A hopeful look, quickly followed by fear and uncertainty when she said they could be friends. It was somewhat the answer he wanted but at the same time it wasn't. Though he supposed any answer she had given him wouldn't have satisfied him at all. His master would be so angry with him, he was certain of it. The shadows seemed to quiver around him for a moment, and Virsat knew tonight would probably be one of pain instead of gentle caresses and his master's life blood.

He licked his lips slightly, trying to push away the thoughts, but that was so hard. Virsat shifted a bit in his seat, and looked around the inn for a moment so he wouldn't have to look at her. Though that gaze settled on her soon enough again, still holding that fear and uncertainty. What if his master decided to eat her tonight? Virsat shifted a bit in his seat again, still so very uncertain. "G-good..that's..good." A faint smile on his lips, but it seemed almost nervous.

It wasn't good at all, well it was and it wasn't. Virsat looked away from her, running a hand through his hair. Those red streaks as usual catching the light better than rest of his black hair did. Maybe if he asked nicely his master wouldn't eat her..maybe..maybe he could convince his master to bind her to him. That way Virsat could always have his friend near, and she would be mostly safe from the creature. Of course there would be punishments if she misbehaved or if the master just decided it would be something fun to do, but that was fine. Wasn't it?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 01:08 AM

Why was he so uncertain after finding out something so wonderful? She just couldn't understand him. While she collected her thoughts, the blonde munched on more bread. "You don't seem too happy about it though. You look more nervous then before." If that was possible.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 01:21 AM

"N-no..I..Iam h-happy.." Was he happy? Part of him was a little bit at least. He couldn't tell her though. He couldn't just say, 'my master is going to eat you!' It wasn't the kind of thing he could do. For half a moment he shivered and then seemed to sigh lightly. He was going to be in so much trouble. "M-my f-friend...H-he might...m-might get j-jealous." Was it safe to say such a thing? No it wasn't. Virsat had a feeling he needed to stop bringing his master into the conversation but how else could he say things without actually saying them?

Jealous though? No, his master would be angry, Virsat was sure of that. The creature could be so very cruel at times. In fact, it was already planning to torture poor Chrissie right in front of Virsat's eyes, that would be so delicious. He would feed on that girl, unusual as she was, right in front of the vampire. The creature had his own suspicions about her, his enchantment hadn't worked on her, and she had a strange bracelet on now that made even him feel rather uneasy. Perhaps he could pull her into the basement and play with her tonight. His Virsat was getting completely far to attached to her already. Pets were not allowed to have pets.

A shiver ran down Virsat's spine, unbidden and he glanced around. A strange feeling of dread falling over him. Something very bad might happen, he was almost sure. Though the feeling of dread was fed into him from his master. His master wanted to watch him squirm a bit more. It was fun.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 AM

The jealous friend? A mysterious friend who had never once set foot outside where ever he hid. The hunter shifted her arms and stretched. She yawned. She shifted in her seat, and looked bored. "I'm not too worried." She was a bit. A sense of foreboding kept prodding the back of her head. Something was going to happen. Soon.

"What will he do, when he finds out?" She would have to be weary that night. Something that could cow a vampire so thoroughly ... But she didn't know that. Maybe this was simply how Virsat always was.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 01:43 AM

Virsat certainly shouldn't have said anything of that sort. Now he just shrugged. His master was capable of all sorts of crazy things. Violent and terrible, the vampire shivered a moment, his arms coming up to hug himself. An involuntary action that he regretted immediately. "N-nothing...J-just yell a-at me.." That was a lie, his master didn't yell. His master never raised his voice, he did violent things. Abusive things but he never yelled. Those arms gripped himself a bit tighter. Virsat didn't want to think about punishment but he knew it would be unavoidable now.

"H-he won't...." Won't what? Hurt her? That was a complete lie, and Virsat knew it. His master hurt everyone, ate them, though that was a way of hurting someone he supposed. "...won't b-be cruel...H-he's just...over....overprotective o-of me..t-that's all..Really." Overprotective a bit, maybe. Virsat lowered his arms, but there was fear in his eyes, as well as trust and adoration when ever he spoke of his master. For all the creature's cruelty and abuse, Virsat did trust him explicitly and he did admire the strength of his master. However, he was afraid of the things his master might do, mostly afraid of what might happen to Chrissie.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 AM

There was fear. Even if Virsat said his friend would yell, and do no more, she had a hard time believing that. The poor vampire ... Her poor friend. He seemed so terrified, hugging himself and being unable to speak a full sentence without stuttering and tumbling over his own words. Chrissie let out a long sigh, and shoved her stool close to Virsat's. "Alright." She wanted to say she didn't believe him, but knew better then to do that. Instead, the blonde hunter wrapped her arms around the dark haired man. She held him and squeezed lightly, offering comfort for something she didn't understand. Not yet. No one noticed. Not one patron.

Something had to be affecting them. A spell to dull minds, perhaps? Chrysantha wished for once that she'd taken the time to learn more about magic. Shaking her head, she turned her attention back to Virsat.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 02:09 AM

Virsat shied away from her slightly when she moved closer to him, his body tensing quite a bit when she put that arm around him. He looked as if he wanted to move away, but it was a gentle touch, rather comforting. His master's touches were gentle most times, when he wasn't being cruel but they had never been comforting before. It was an odd feeling, that feeling of comfort that settled over him, but he thought he rather liked it. It was what kept him from pulling away, though he could feel his master's anger.

The creature didn't like this woman touching his pet at all. It wasn't something he would stand for, and though he could very well strike now, that would be a waste of food. He would wait until tonight when his hunger grew and he would torment her before devouring her in front of Virsat. The vampire let out a soft whimper, but he still didn't pull away from Chrissie, in fact, Virsat seemed to lean against her a bit. His body almost relaxing against her comforting embrace.

This was wrong. Everything was all wrong. He had to warn her. She should know the truth, she was his friend and didn't friends protect each other? This was so difficult, too difficult. He was disappointing his master, and leading his friend deeper into danger. His bottom lip trembled. "..I-I can't!..." He almost shouted the words and he pushed away from her, standing so suddenly. "Y-you need to g-get out! L-leave immediately. P-please!" Desperation and pleading in his eyes, imploring her to leave. The shadows quivered, his master was furious. Virsat could feel it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 02:21 AM

It was so easy to think they were a normal pair of friends. Her arm tightened around him when Virsat leaned closer. She wished she could make him feel better. To do that, there was more to be found out. Just as Chrysantha thought that, Virsat ripped himself away from her. He stood taller then he ever had before in her presence.

So she stood too. The patrons sat like silent dolls at their tables. "Tell me why, and I might." Chrysantha crossed her arms. There was a stubborn set to her jaw. A waitress walked over to try and ask about her unfinished food, but the hunter ignored her.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 02:36 AM

When the waitress approached, Virsat actually shot her a glare and flicked his wrist at her. The doll turned immediately and moved about other business. That glare faded so fast though and his body was trembling but he grabbed Chrissie's hand and tugged her towards the door. "P-please..H-he'll come for you if you don't! Y-you will b-be trapped h-here or...or h-he'll eat you!" Once he started it seemed Virsat couldn't stop the words, he spoke them with such desperation, with urgency. The shadows quivered, for now his master remained unseen.

The creature had no intention of revealing himself yet. Not now. No, he would do that kind of thing on his own terms. Still he was furious with the way his pet was acting, and the shadows inside the inn, not just around Virsat seemed to tremble with anger. The vampire was tugging Chrissie towards the door. "Please! Y-you must g-get far away!" Begging, imploring, fear clear in his voice and not just his eyes now. His body was trembling and he wondered slightly that his master hadn't reacted yet.

The creature was waiting and it would wait. It had always been a patient thing and it could be patient even now while it's pet was misbehaving in such a manner.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 AM

A cold hand wrapped around her own. Before she knew it, Chrysantha was standing by the doorway, staring outside and then back again at her friend. What was this? This sudden insistence? She pulled back, wrenched her hand away, and smiled sadly. "I suppose I should tell you the truth about what I am now." She didn't have the full picture yet. But with the way things were in the inn, shadows wavering visibly and the patrons like dolls sitting wordlessly at their tables.

"I'm the very hunter I talked to you about earlier, Virsat. Just tell me what's happening. Let me help you ... Please?" Would he hate her now? Chrysantha shifted from foot to foot uncertainly. Having a friend was new to her. One thing was for certain, lying to them was wrong. But hadn't Virsat done that as well? He had, but she couldn't blame him for it.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 03:03 AM

Virsat had flung the door open wide, flinching and moving back a bit at the sunlight that had streamed it. She wasn't leaving though. Why wasn't she leaving? Virsat's eyes were pleading, but then the door had closed and he shivered a bit, moving back from it. Then she was speaking and his eyes widened with fear and disbelief. She wasn't, she couldn't be. She had seemed so nice. Virsat released her hand quickly, as if her very touch was burning him. "No!" She had seemed so nice! She would kill him and his master!

"No!" He had shouted the word that time, his eyes shimmering and tears of blood began to leak from them. "Please..No!" She had to be lying. He was backing away from her, each step slow but with an urgent need to distance himself from her. "You...you said we were friends.." He spoke the words quietly, still taking backwards steps away from her. Virsat turned then, ready to flee to the basement, to the wrath of his master. His master's anger, though a frightening thing, was less frightening than a hunter. His master wouldn't kill him, and that was a certainty but a hunter would. A hunter would kill them all.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 03:12 AM

"Virsat, wait!" Tears of blood streaked down his face. Red, it stained his white shirt and drove home how inhuman he was. Even so. This was her friend. One of the few people who had ... No he hadn't looked past what she was. He was afraid of her. Before he could get very far, the hunter loped to his side and wrapped a hand around his arm. Chrissie held on with a firm, but gentle, grip. She hadn't wanted to make him cry, to frighten him.

She sighed softly. "Please, listen to me. We are friends, which means I would never ever hurt you." Slowly, she let go, and made sure to keep her hands free of weapons and right where Virsat could see them. "I won't hurt you. So please, give me the benefit of the doubt, like I gave you." Chrissie could have attacked Virsat the moment she'd found out he was a vampire. She hadn't. Didn't he see that?

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 AM

"No." He was still saying that word, saying it when she grabbed him. His body flinching and tensing as he turned towards her. Not caring or noticing how the blood tears ran down his face and dripped onto his white shirt. Staining it. Ruining it. His body trembled. She was going to kill him, his master would save him he was sure, but then she and his master would fight. One of them would undoubtedly kill the other. He blinked, disbelieving eyes with a bit of hope in them turned to her when she said she would never hurt him. She had let go of him.

Virsat backed up a step. She said she wouldn't hurt him, he wanted to believe that. She had seemed so nice! "D-doesn't matter...if...if you h-hurt me or not....Y-you s-still need to leave. Y-you aren't safe." Why was he still trying to warn her away? She was the enemy! Wasn't she? Couldn't they be friends instead of enemies? No. No they couldn't. His eyes widened slightly. Even if she was his friend, even if she didn't want to hurt him, she would hurt his master. "Y-you're h-here to kill him!" He couldn't survive without his master. He couldn't let her get to him. Certainly his master could handle a hunter, he had before, but Virsat felt this was all his fault.

His master was angry with him, he could feel it, but he still had to try and protect the creature the way the creature protected him from danger. Still there wasn't much Virsat could do to protect anyone, really. "Y-you can't! I won't let you harm him!" Those last five words were shouted and he threw his arms out, as if that could help block her path to his master. His master which was every shadow, hiding in every nook, cranny and crevice. Virsat was trembling. Fear and confusion in his eyes, uncertainty but a determination to try and keep his master and this girl safe from each other.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 AM

The sun was bright and cheery with naught a cloud in the sky, the birds were singing merrily, but the young woman either didn't notice or didn't care. The hood to her black cloak was pulled up, pieces of her hair still hanging outside the hood. The hilt of a long blade, the hilt already suggesting that it was of the large two-handed variety, poked out from a slit in the cloak. Dark brown ankle high boots shuffled along the dusty trail as she made her way steadily to the Inn. Empty green eyes glanced up as the building came into view. It was quaint, well kept and clean, and paused in front of the door. Looking up, an old memory passed before her eyes of her dark haired lover. He always loved places like this, and based off the whispers she'd heard, he really would've adored this place.

Inhaling deeply, the broken woman let her hand rest on the door knob for a few seconds before gripping it firmly and twisting. Stepping through the doorway, the young brunette paused for only a moment to let her blank eyes grow accustomed to the dim lighting, well at least compared to the brightness of the sun. Ignoring the other visitors, and an arguing couple in the middle of the entryway, she made her way to a slightly shadowed table. Not the darkened corner itself, but close enough, she easily hefted the blade from her back through the specialized hole in the cloak, leaning it against the table next to her as she sat in one of the chairs that faced into the room.

Last edited by AmaniIshtar; 05-01-2014 at 04:55 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 PM

It was a prickly situation. The patrons were still just as listless as ever, but someone new had just walked into the Inn. Quickly, Chrissie glanced her way. Was this woman another hunter, sent out on a more official basis? It was entirely possible, considering the huge sword the woman leaned so casually against the wall. It made her own look like nothing more then a toy.

Then there was the matter of Virsat's as yet unseen friend. "Virsat. Now isn't the time to yell. Why don't we go, sit down, and discuss this quietly?" She tilted her head towards the newcomer in an attempt to make him see that they weren't alone with the doll-like patrons and staff anymore. Talking in the middle of the room with someone who might not have been affected by whatever had befallen all the others seemed like a bad idea.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 PM

Another person had entered, the enchantment placed around the entrance had tried to go off, but it seemed to have no effect on this new woman. Virsat didn't really know that though, he just blinked as Chrissie spoke his name. Staring at her with uncertainty, confusion and fear. They should talk quietly? No one here would care though so why? Those red eyes blinked as she nodded towards the other woman.

Oh. Had the enchantment not gotten this new customer? Virsat just stood there and stared for a moment. Two people, the enchantment had worked on, it was never that consistent before...was his master's spell losing power? Was his master losing power? Virsat moved, his hands raising to his face to wipe at the blood stained tear tracks some and to rub at his eyes. Nothing made any sense any more.

How could he trust her, when she had kept such a secret as that from him? She was a dangerous thing. More dangerous than his master. Virsat shook his head, and moved slowly towards his table. He didn't know what to do anymore, he did know he would try and protect his master as much as he could. For all it's power, the creature was weakened by day light, when the sun was up. Just as Virsat's own powers were also weakened in the day. They were creatures of the night.

He sat down quietly at his shadowy table, his eyes on the new woman for a moment. "P-please..." Please what? Please don't kill me and my master? Right, like a hunter would listen to him, no matter how nice she had seemed.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 AM

He was so obviously afraid, so terrified of what she would do. In his eyes, Chrisse knew she probably had turned into some kind of horrible monster. So she settled down in the seat across from Virsat's very carefully. This situation was so new to her. How could she soothe his fears? The only thing she knew for sure would do so, she refused to speak. It would have been a lie to say she wouldn't harm his friend. So she didn't.

"That depends, Virsat. Has he hurt people, killed them when they didn't deserve it?" She sighed and ruffled her hair. "I don't want to make you sad either .... " She looked at the worn table top. "I'm sorry for lying to you." He had lied to her. But he had far more reason to hide what he was.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-02-2014, 12:38 AM

Virsat was silent. He couldn't answer that question, he couldn't think up a lie or a way to cover. It was true, his master devoured humans, but for that creature humans were cattle. It was no different than a human eating a cow or a chicken. Was it? He shifted a bit in his seat, refusing to look at Chrissie, a hand reaching up to tug gently at the collar around his neck. Without his master, how would he even survive?

A small whimper left his throat and he closed his eyes tightly for a moment, letting that hand dropped. When his eyes opened they were still full of fear and uncertainty, but he did look at Chrissie now. Virsat felt trapped, more trapped than he had ever felt in his entire life. His master would show himself, not unless things got dire. The creature left this to Virsat to handle, mostly for an excuse to punish him later for handling things badly.

"...H-he isn't bad.." Virsat spoke the words quietly and as if he truly believed them. True he ate humans, but if it weren't for that creature then Virsat wouldn't be alive. The thing had saved him, protected him, cared for him. Sure the monster would put him through pain at times, punish him but that just meant Virsat had to try harder to be good. "H-he isn't bad!" The words were spoken with conviction that time, as if trying to convince her.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 AM

"Then why not let me meet him, then... If he's so good? I .. look, would you trust me more if I said I won't harm him unless it's necessary? Unless he tries to harm me, or you?" She leaned forward, slid her hands on the table. Chrissie smiled a little, and unhooked the belled charm from her wrist. She placed it before the vampire.

Pushing it towards him with her fingers, she smiled. 'Take it. Think of it as a good will gesture. A way to prove to you that I really do think of you as my friend." He was so nervous around her.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-02-2014, 01:01 AM

"You can't!" Such fear in his eyes when she mentioned meeting his master. No, even though she was a hunter, some part of him still hoped they could be friends and his master would devour her. Would probably do terrible things to her before devouring her. "Y-you can't m-meet him....He...he would...y-you're a h-hunter...he..he would e-eat you." He grit his teeth, his hands clenching tightly around the hem of his shirt. A shirt stained with his red tears.

He blinked softly as she pushed something across the table at him. Was it a trick? Some enchanted item to do something bad to him or his master? Virsat hesitated, reaching slowly out to tap it lightly with a finger, as if he thought it might burn or shock him. She spoke such nice words, a gift from a friend. It would only anger his master more. Slowly he closed his hand around it and brought it up to his face to stare at it. Almost warily.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 AM

She laughed. Shook her head. 'It's a protective charm. It won't hurt you." Unlike the person she as fast beginning to think his friend was. Virsat was so afraid of how his friend acted. Where they other then friends. That collar of his. Did it have some significance? There were so many questions surrounding the vampire. None of them were easy to answer. And Chrysantha refused to ask them, for fear of upsetting Virsat even further.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-02-2014, 01:36 AM

"P-protective?" He stared at it for a few moments longer, as if trying to decide what to do with it. Finally he slipped it into a pocket of his pants instead of putting it around his wrist. "My f-friend protects me." The words were spoken quietly, softly and he shifted in his seat a bit. Still feeling very uncomfortable and uncertain. He had no idea of what he should do. His master was calling him though. Perhaps he should return to the basement, he would be punished even more for disobeying the creature.

He fidgeted a bit in his seat, that call it was growing louder in his head. Hesitating any longer would just make things worse. "E-excuse me." He stood slowly, he knew his master was upset with him. His body was so tense. "I...I h-have to..I..I n-need to go!" He whirled around hastily and ran from Chrissie, rushing past the doll employees and the patrons. Slipping through the kitchen, down that hall and into the basement. The welcoming, yet furious darkness that filled the entire basement.

Last edited by Kry; 05-02-2014 at 02:18 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-02-2014, 02:29 AM

Chrissie sighed, but made no move to follow the man. Instead, she shifted to her feet and turned to the other swordbearing woman. She too, had not been made into a doll upon her entrance into the Inn. That was something Chrysantha wanted to find out more about. So she smiled and pulled out a stool. It creaked as she settled down. "Hello. What brings you here?"

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 05-02-2014, 04:21 AM

Rayna, that was her name though how she could have forgotten something so basic as her name was for another time, briefly glanced up to see a set of soulless eyes of the serving wench staring at her, the empty smile asking her what she'd. Murmuring her request for a glass and a bottle of the strongest drink and a meal, then a room for later. Blank green eyes glanced around, though zeroed in on the pair that had been arguing in front of the door as they moved to a table nearby hers. Ignoring them in favor of the bottle of aged alcohol, the glass and her food; beautifully seasoned pork steaks, buttered and herbed veggies with the additional side of creamy pasta. Pouring herself a decent shot, she downed it easily in one gulp before pouring another.

Lifting pale hands up, she untied the laces to her cloak, pushing back and the hood and the main body of fabric to rest against the back of the chair. Suppressing the small shiver as the cool air brushed against her exposed shoulders, Rayna stared as the male had disappeared and the female moved to her table. Some part of her, before that, probably would have been irked but still polite to the other until she determined what the other woman wanted, but she was no longer that person. Spearing a couple vegetables, she lifted the fork to her mouth and chewed the pieces carefully before swallowing and gulping down the burning alcohol again. Why did she come here? Oh right. "...Death." Was her quiet response, deadened emerald eyes staring not just at the table, but down at her own bandaged form. Two inches below her elbows up to her shoulders on both arms, surrounding her neck and down her chest under the thin strapped pink dress she wore. Quickly reaching for the drink, she downed another shot, her eyes closing as she tried to drown out the memories, the screams, that raised to the surface.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 PM

What an unexpected answer. Chrissie considered it, rolled the word around in her thoughts as she leaned back to consider the other woman. The size of the sword alone spoke of considerable strength, or of magic imbued either within to blade, or as a talent possessed by the wielder. "Are you one of Death's servants then?" There were some who called themselves Lord Death's followers, the ones who became warriors and poison makers. They said they could see a person's death, and helped the souls cross the veil, and into the life after death.

Chrissie didn't know what she thought of all that. Half her mind was on the woman, and the other strayed to wonder about Virsat. He had been so fearful. The small seed of friendship had felt like it had been burned and charred beyond repair. His fleeing like that, it had hurt. She couldn't afford to feel that. She needed to think. The mysterious friend, he was the one that was dangerous. There had to be a solution to the puzzle Virsat's friendship with her posed!