Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-22-2015, 03:14 AM

Dorian just looked at the rich boy, emotionlessly. "I'm not bullied for being deaf. I get into fights for sticking up for people in my class, mostly two young girls. One can't talk and the other is a paraplegic. I'm bullied for my parents being dead, killed in a car accident. I have no family, except my grandmother. That is why I am bullied. Once she passes, I have no one." He told him bluntly.

His hand stung but it was nothing. "You can't do anything with this piece of crap right now anyways." He took out a beginner's manual from the inside of his vest pocket. He slightly slammed it into the boy's chest before turning to leave. He was rather annoyed once more from the short period of time he spent with the rich boy. He knew it was a bad idea to tutor rich kids, that were all the same to him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-22-2015, 11:09 PM

Shock. He was silent for a few seconds too long. How was he supposed to react to that? To such an out pouring of truth slamming into the air like a sledgehammer. Chance glanced at the book before folding it in half and sliding it into his back pocket. He raced after the other man and reached out to grab hold of his arm. "This is so annoying," mumbled Chance to himself. He didn't know how to adjust yet, to the fact that Dorian couldn't hear.

The young man walked to face his tutor. "Didn't you want to talk about how much you'll be paid?" The session had been a disaster, but even so Dorian still deserved compensation. Chance had to make sure the other man didn't decide to start tutoring anyone else.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-22-2015, 11:43 PM

Dorian just looked at the teenager in front of him. Paid? For what? He hadn't taught him anything yet. "First of all, I don't care how much you pay me. Second, I have two jobs. Money is not important to me, yes a little extra is always welcomed but not important. Third, I'm heading to the junkyard. Until you get the parts to replace the ones missing or broken, then you can't learn anything. Hint the pictures." He simply told him, he was signing the words as he spoke out of habit.

He just walked passed the rich boy once more to make his way to his car. He just turned and signed again as he spoke. "You can come along if you want but I would suggest poor people clothes. Instead of the ones you have on." He said rolling his eyes at the kid once more before continuing to his car. He took out a piece of paper from the dashboard before taking out his phone. He set the phone and paper on the hood of his car before writing down what he saw was missing from the pictures.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-23-2015, 05:29 PM

Chance had never noticed how elegant human hands could be. Sign language made them dance, made them sing. He was distracted by the sight, and found himself nodding automatically, agreeing that he would go with the other man without thinking. Then it was too late, he couldn't go back on his word.

He disappeared into the house and returned in an old t-shirt and a pair of jeans he'd work to riding camp a few times. His clothes still looked a bit too good, too well taken care of, but it was the least pretentious outfit Chance owned.

The young man slid into Dorian's car, and leaned over to poke his shoulder. "Could you teach me how to sign too? It looks really cool ..."

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-23-2015, 10:42 PM

Dorian had just finished the list when the rich boy got into the car. He placed the piece into his vest pocket before grabbing his phone and getting into the driver's seat. He started the '67 chevrolet. He looked at the rich boy, he really liked poking him didn't he. "You can get my attention without poking me, you know. As for signing, stick with one thing first. Learn the basics of mechanics then maybe, depending on how you do. I'll teach you sign language." He told the rich boy in his odd accent.

He pulled out of the driveway and made his way to his work. It would take a while, thirty minutes out of town. His phone just slide along the seat between them with every turn. He was a very safe driver for not being able to hear the traffic, made him pay more attention to the road and cars around him. If you didn't know him, you would swear he wasn't deaf at all. Dorian like it better if people know anyways.

He pulled into his normal parking spot at his work. A rather fat elderly man came from the office seeing Dorain get out of his car after turning it off. "Hey kid what are you doing here?" He questioned the youth. Dorian just smiled. "Part searching." The old man nodded. "Help yourself to anything you want, just come in saturday. I need you to work an eighteen hour shift. Tony twisted his back again." Dorian just nodded an okay. He turned to the rich boy and motioned him to follow him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-24-2015, 01:53 AM

Chance smiled a bit, chuckled under his breath. Well, now he had a motivation other then his parents approval to motivate him to do his best at mechanics. He was kind of looking forward to it.

The moment they left the mansion grounds, it really hit home that Dorian was deaf. What was he doing in a car with someone who couldn't hear? Chance gripped the edge of his seat, knuckles white, for at least half the trip to the junk yard. By then he realized Dorian was no worse then any other teen at the wheel, with or without hearing. He relaxed, and started paying attention to the area. It was all so different then the places where he usually hung out after school.

When they pulled in to their destination, he struggled with it. He didn't know how to act there, so he stayed quiet and stuck like a burr to Dorian's side. The idea of an eighteen hour day of work, plus school and now the tutoring Chance had piled upon Dorian's shoulders ... it made him look at the deaf youth with a mixture of awe and, well he wasn't sure what the other emotion was. He just couldn't believe it.

"How do you do it? Work, go to school, and now tutor me on top of it all?" Chance tilted his head to make his lips all the more visible after making a motion with his hand, waving for Dorian to look at him.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-24-2015, 02:22 AM

Dorian just turned to look at the rich boy and shrugged when he read his question. He just did. "You forgot fixing cars on my free time. Like I said Melville cars suck. I know I fixed them on weekly basis. More than the other companies models." He told him mocking him. He wasn't sure what he meant by the question. He had too or his grandmother couldn't get all her meds. "I just do." He simply told him.

He just went to the warehouse where they kept the spare engine parts. He saw a female employee and she waved playfully at Dorian. "Hey Mia!" He called to the female mechanic, who just went back to work. She was the wielder in the place. She was always covered in sweat and ashes. He took out the paper, he was looking through the shelves for a few parts to start the rich boy on. I was rather hot in the metal shed with all the melting of metal in the back.

A flashing red light caught his eyes. He handed the rich boy the paper before running to see what's up. He saw Mia struggling to remove a piece of metal from the crushers. He just climbed up the stairs. He helped her up before hanging over the edge of the catwalk by his knees. Mia making sure he didn't fall as he jerked the metal free from it's tight grip, Dorian held up the metal for her to grab before pulling himself up. Dorian just hit the red button near the catwalk as he came down to restart the machine. It started up perfectly. He just went back to his previous task of looking for engine parts.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-24-2015, 03:10 AM

Chance shook his head. It didn't explain a thing. What pushed Dorian to work so hard? Isaac just couldn't comprehend it. Couldn't wrap his mind around it, but he wanted to try and understand. Dorian was just so different. He didn't treat him like anyone else did either, didn't try to get into the great heir's good graces, didn't even ask for money when he had every right to. What went on in the deaf man's head?

And then he had the list in his hand and was staring at Dorian acting recklessly like a monkey, hanging head first over the last piece of equipment Chance thought anyone should be playing acrobat over. He held his breath, and slid a hand to his phone. If something happened ...

But no, it didn't and Dorian had returned. Chance stared at him accusingly. "Don't go and get yourself killed. Idiot."

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 AM

Dorian just shrugged off the rich boy's comment. Like the thought of death scared him. Only person that would miss him was his Grandmother. "Like that would be a great tragedy. Poor little dumb kid crushed to death." He said more as a joke then anything. Though he couldn't help be feel it would be true.

Dorian just took the paper back and went back to the shelf. He was looked for models that went for the broken rich kid's car. He found a few pieces they could use. He was getting covered in grease as he looked around the bottom of the racks. He was placing the pieces they would be taking with them for right now. They were actually pretty heavy. Dorian blew the dust off of a piece he found in near perfect condition. "Pop quiz, what is this piece?" He asked holding it up for the boy to see it better, they covered it in class. It was something he pointed out twice in the class shop. It was a cylinder head cover.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-24-2015, 07:35 PM

Did he really just make a joke about dying? Chance goggled after Dorian. "No way … You didn't just make a joke about that! That's just not right." He didn't know if Dorian read his lips that time. The other young man was just so busy, rooting through all the parts, trying to find what they needed for Chance's old Camaro. Why would he joke like that? Chance just couldn't get over it.

When suddenly faced with a part, Chance drew a blank. Then he started rubbing his head, and it came to him a flash. "Ahh, a cylinder head something?"

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 PM

Dorian just looked at the rich boy, he at least got part of it. "You aren't such a ding head after all. Maybe the fourth time will be the charm. It's a Cylinder head cover." He just set the part back. He already had enough parts for the rich boy to clean and fix. His eyes widened slightly, he found the part he had been looking for awhile for his car. He would have to come back for it however.

"Mia!" He called back to the girl. She poked her head out from the corner and stared at him. After lifting her welding helmet to see him. "Don't let Markus sell that engine part." He told her pointing to the part in the corner. "Why don't you just take it with you?" He just shook his head. "Can't my trunk will be full with this haul. It will take awhile to put it in, I'll have to come back for it." She just nodded and went back to work.

"Okay, lets haul this stuff back to my car." He told the rich boy as he gathered some of the heaviest stuff first. He had made a small pile of parts for the kid to know what they were taking and not. Most of it was light, he took the heaviest parts.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 12:26 AM

He struggled with the parts, and trying not to get his clothes covered with grease. He just hated the feel of it sliding through the fabric, seeping onto his skin. Chance didn't dump them into the car though; he tried to place them carefully so they fit like a jigsaw puzzle. Dorian had almost complimented him. Well considering how he'd been treating Chance, it might actually have been considered a compliment. The young man couldn't really be sure.

"So what do we do next?" He leaned against the car carefully. It wasn't his, and it seemed like something Dorian would want to be careful with.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-28-2015, 12:48 AM

Dorian just closed the trunk of the car. He didn't see the rich boys lips move in the question, so it seem like he was ignoring him. He took the pen from his pocket and marked off the parts he had found for Chance to clean and connect to the car. He placed the pen back into his pocket. Once more he was covered in grease but it didn't bother him, he practically always was.

Dorian just looked at the other teenager. His stomach was growling lightly. "Are you hungry, cause I am?" He skipped lunch like most days, so Dorian was rather hungry at the moment. He normally saved his money but he needed food. He just walked over to the driver side of his car. He knew a new little cart that sold the best tacos, well in his opinion.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 01:01 AM

Chance assumed Dorian hadn't heard. The other guy was deaf after all. At the mention of food, his stomach started rumbling. He shuffled with an embarrassed look, then hopped into the car. Chance tilted his head and smiled as he answered Dorian. "I could definitely go for some food." He hesitated for a second. "I'm surprised you asked me though." Wasn't he just the stuck up rich dude who failed at mechanics to Dorian? It wasn't like they were friends.

The thought wasn't as unappealing as Chance thought it might have been. In fact, it was intriguing. Having Dorian for a friend, well he would know the other teen had only friendship in mind, without politics or monetary gain in mind.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 AM

Dorian just looked plainly at the rich boy. "Why? Because you rich kids don't eat? Oh no wait, that's the girls." He said rather sarcastically. He then looked at Chance. "Hm, guess you could pass as one." He said, though his sarcasm turned into a playfully tone. He just smiled lightly before starting the car. He was slightly truthful about Chance might being able to pass as a girl.

He drove them back into town before pulling over to a small Taco stand. He turned off the car and looked at Chance. "Best tacos ever, how many do you want?" He asked him softly, they were actually very big and filling. "Keep in mind they're big and very filling." He warned him ahead of time.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 01:26 AM

Chance rolled his eyes at the comment, and tried to not think about red his cheeks had to be. God dammit, why was he blushing because Dorian thought he could pass as a girl? He should have been insulted. More then that, he should have been furious, yet there he was, taking it as a compliment! He shook his head a bit and hid his face by looking out the window.

The smell of tacos brought him back to attention though. He thought over the question. "I'll just take one... With a side of fries." Chance tugged out his wallet and pulled out two twenties. He shoved them into Dorian's hands. "My treat."

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-28-2015, 01:50 AM

Dorian just put the money back into the rich boy's hands before leaving the car. He asked if the boy was hungry so it was his treat, seeing how he was the one that brought it up. He went to the cart. The owner smiled seeing him. He came there often enough for the owner to know him by name and his little secret. He ordered the normal and Chance's request. He got two drinks with the order. Though it took a few minutes for the order to get filled.

He came back to the car and handed Chance the soda meant for him and kept the rice water. It was delicious and his favorite drink. Dorian looked at the rich boy after closing his car door. "Chicken or beef?" He asked him curiously. He liked both so it didn't matter what one he got.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 AM

The money crinkled in his hands, until he decided to slip the bills into the arm rest compartment. Dorian wouldn't be able to refuse it then, right? What was with him not accepting any money at all? It was like some strange kind of date... The thought made Chance pale.

He hid his strange thoughts quickly behind a smile. "Beef please." He took his soda and took a careful sip. Sprite. That was a safe choice. "What are you drinking? It isn't pop?" Chance went out of his way to get Dorian's attention without poking the guy. It was true, that had to get annoying after a while.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-28-2015, 02:17 AM

Dorian just took out the chicken taco and handed the rich boy the bag of fries and the beef taco. He then just looked at his drink. "Rice water." He simply told him. He then looked at the teenager. "Why?" He asked him confused. He was thinking that maybe the rich boy never had it. He was actually kind of surprised that the boy didn't complain seeing that his food came from a cart on the sidewalk. Most rich kids avoided food from vendors, even though some had the best food in his opinion. It was good price and better than some restaurants that over charged you for a chip.

He just unwrapped the chicken taco and bit into it. He was starving. The mixture of peppers and seasonings really hit the spot. He should have asked for their salsa for the taco. They had the best salsa here as well. Practically everything from this cart was the best in his view.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 10:17 PM

Chance shrugged, took a bite of his taco. He nearly forgot why he asked. "This is so good!" The young man looked genuinely surprised. To be honest, he hadn't been sure if it would taste good, but had been more then willing to give it a try. After a few more spicy, juicy, bites, Chance remembered Dorian's question.

He swallowed before answering. "Just curious. I've never seen a drink like that before," even if he did eat a rather exotic array of things when at home. Chance loved caviar, ate it like candy.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-28-2015, 11:09 PM

Dorian just ate in silence. From time to time he just drink from his rice water. He never found the need to have conversations while eating, being deaf and all it seemed pointless. He just finished his taco and crumbled up the wrapper. The taco hit the spot. He would have to stop here before putting his eighteen hour shift to get his lunch for the day.

Dorian just stretched lightly, he needed to move around. It was awkward just sitting in the car doing nothing. He was waiting for Chance to finish his food before he would ask him if you would like to go home and start on cleaning the parts.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-29-2015, 12:01 AM

"Must not have heard again," said Chance. He turned his attention to his food, even licked his fingers when he was done. This was a different experience, sitting there with someone in their car on the side of the road, no fancy plates, no staff, no need for too polite manners and no conversation. It was kind of nice.

Chance tilted his head just so, putting his face into the very best light. "So, that was pretty good. Now what?" It might be a good idea or him to go home. His parents probably weren't too worried. Chance had mentioned he'd gotten a tutor to help him with mechanics, that they would be working on the car together.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-29-2015, 12:22 AM

Dorian just looked at the teenage when he moved more into the light. He just nodded. "Best tacos in town." He told him shyly, he didn't understand it but he thought the rich boy actually looked nice in that lightly. He quickly shook off the thoughts and started his car. "We need to get the parts to your house so we can clean them and make sure the parts we can't see are good." He told him plainly before turning his attention to the road.

When it was clear Dorian just pulled out of the parking space and made his way back to the rich boy's house. Well to the best of his memory, his scratched his head lightly when they finally made it back to Chance's house. He had made a few wrong turns but he got the kid home. "I never come to his part of town." He told him shyly. He was slightly embarrassed that he got lost a little at one point on their way back.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-29-2015, 02:45 AM

He was quiet on the drive home, worrying about working on the car. Chance didn't even notice how many times Dorian turned the wrong way. He kept fidgeting. He kept looking outside. Licked his lips. What was wrong with him? Chance stole a glance at the other youth, wondered what it was like being so different from anyone else in school. It wasn't just the deafness, it was the features of someone who came from afar, the slanted eyes and the delicate features, androgynous in a place where the stamp of one's gender defined everything.

When he heard Dorian, with that odd accent of his, Chance turned his focus to the other male. He smiled. "It's fine. It was a nice drive. And I had a fun time... even though I had no idea what we were looking for at the junk yard."

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 07-29-2015, 03:17 AM

Dorian just raised his eyebrow. He confused him with that comment. He popped the trunk of his car, turned the engine off and got out. Once more he took the heaviest of the parts and left the light ones. He doubted that Chance could really handle all the weight from them, especially seeing that he didn't know anything about cars. Before he grabbed the last heavy part he grabbed the bottle of Dawn from the trunk. It was the best thing to remove grease from the things.

He looked at Chance waiting for him to show him the way to the garage and where he wanted to place the engine parts. "I have to give my grandmother her medicine in an hour, so can we hurry this up." He told the teenager. "She has MS, can only move one arm and her head." He explained to the rich boys. He wasn't why, he probably wouldn't even care but he told him anyways.