Caspian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caspian Send a message via MSN to Caspian Send a message via Yahoo to Caspian

Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 AM

Jayden Hill found himself going a little cross-eyed, and, looking slightly disgruntled, lifted up a hand to swipe a long of his loosely curled black hiar out of his face. It was irritating, and one of his friends had seen fit to give it a trim for thim the previous night while he'd been dosing, so now, whether he wanted it or not, along with the almost annoyingly long hair that tumbled down to his shoulder blades, he had a very odd sideways slanting fringe that just loved migrating into his eyes. It had been long enough to tuck neatly behind his ears, but not any more. Now it simply refused to cooperate not matter what it did, it was really rather irritating.
Jay was a student, and a University (College if you're american I think..?) student at that, he was working on a masters (fourth year) of a Psychology degree that though he was enjoying it, he was beginning to find to be rather a lot of work. He was currently curled up in a small park not far from his campus with his nose burried well and truely in a book. His fairly bright green eyes were flicking back and forth across the words as he tried to take them in before the test he had in a couple of days... he really didn't feel like learning today if he was honest however, his mind was in entirely another place.. somwhere where he wouldn't have had to bother with all this...
With a sigh he thumbed a page over, lifting a can of cream soda to take a sip and he peered at some overly complicated sketch of the human brain... did they really think he could remember all those horrifically long words..? He'd not managed to get his head around this when he'd taken it in the first year either... could he really have ended up on a worse masters course..? Ugh.
Okay.. so perhaps he was just in the mood for complaining today.. it was too perfect... the sun was out, the sky was blue.. and something absoloutely had to be wrong with it..

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 AM

Meanwhile a world away...

"Man, what did Uncle have to give me a HARD final test..." Violet grumbled to herself, as she looked over the ingredients upon her table one last time. Some of which were bubbling, or smelled, or just looked really strange. But that was okay! Alchemy wasn't suppsoed to smell like roses. No way! She had come to love the smell though, for alchemy was as much a part of her life as smiling. Her uncle taught her everything he knew, and THIS was the final test.

Okay, she had everything she needed, now to just throw them into the pan. She had already carefully drawn the lines on the heating pan, and now the ingredients. In order of course. "A dash of this... a pinch of that... a sprinkling of this.. or was it a dash> One tablespoon of blood... and blow it gently to cool uttering the magic words!" She grinned, wondering just what sort of surprise this would create. Her uncle would not tell her the final result!

"Eshirei deus Macen DORVE!" She yelled. Instantly there was a blinding flash of light. She found herself blinded for a moment...

Back in the real world...

Right out of nowhere, from above, Violet tumbled into the park. Startled she looked around her, her bright green eyes wide. "W-w-what is this?!?" she asked, clutching a hand to her chest, utterly panicked. She was used to a world where trees were a dying artifact of an ancient world... but here were hundreds of them. What were those things in the distance? Buildings? They were so massive? And why was everyone dressed so strangely? Where were their wings? Their paws, fur, hooves? All of those cool things one could alter themselves with using alchemy...

Looking down upon herself, she realized that she was completely, and fully, devoid of those things now as well. No tail no hooves... no fur at all. Her attire was the same, an expansive networking of black leather, lace, and chains, all etched with alchemy signs. But this was nowhere near her Uncle's thatched roof home. This was... this was...

"I'm lost!" she cried, slumping to the ground, her bright blond hair covering her eyes as she looked at the strangely green ground. "Just where am I... what sort of spell is this?"

((there, I found a good gal to play :3))

Caspian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caspian Send a message via MSN to Caspian Send a message via Yahoo to Caspian

Old 02-20-2008, 12:39 AM

Whatever Jayden had been expecting that day, the events thet filled the next few moments of his life were certainly not ones he'd have put any money on ever taking place...
For one thing girls dressed in, well, rather interesting atire didn't usually just appear from the middle of nowhere with startled shouts.. that wasn't what usually happened when one was sitting in the park studying.. Jayden couldn't help but wonder how he'd missed her walking by.. or... being there alltogether, it wasn't as if he'd been paying masses of attention to the work he was supposed to be doing.

Regardless though, it just wasn't gentlemanly to leave a woman where she was in such obvious distress, he haddn't heared her words clearly as she could certainly have been nearer to him, but there were precious few other people around today, so it certainly wouldnt hurt to go over and make sure she was okay, maybe se was trying to find the drama society or somthing? That seemed more likely than anything else. He had been day-dreaming after all, and she must have taken a fall, her startled yell was explained by that rather perfectly as well, all he'd need to do was help her to her feet and she'd be fine again and he'd at least feel he'd done his part.

Getting up he jogged over towards the girl, his hair flopping aorund in his eyes as it usually did as he moved closer to her, calling out a
"Hey there! You okay..?" He pulled a small smile onto his face,
"Thought I'd better come check.."

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 AM

She looked up at Jayden, and breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe he could tell her how to counter this strange spell! "I'm not sure..." she admitted, shaking her head. She pondered a way to put things into words, then a moment later started her story.

"You see I was working on my final test to become a certified alchemist. I must have measured the frog eyes wrong... but there was this flash of light and I found myself here. Why is everyone dressed so strange? What sort of magic created those things?" she asked, pointing to some buildings in the distance. "Where are everyone's wings?" She bit back a scared whimper, literally biting her lip in the process.

"Nothing here seems familiar, and... and... I can't feel any magic at all..." she added quietly, her bright green eyes reflecting her confusion. "Oooooh, I must have screwed up that spell pretty bad. Where is the next closest alchemist Sir? I need to get this fixed..." She had no idea her words probably could be thought of as crazy. But if one was to look to her eyes again they could easily see she spoke of the truth... or at the very least what she thought was the truth.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 AM

And that, that right there was why Jayden was slowly beginning to think he had to be asleep.. he really had to be dreaming, this just wasn't the kind of thing that a normal guy found himself fumbling into all of a sudden.. it just made no sense what-so-ever.

"Are you sure you're okay..?" he asked, speaking rather quitely in the hope she might do the same thing... this was... well, honestly it had to be crazy talk.. maybe she was taking drama a little too seriously..?
"I'm afraid you're kinda confusing me, I don't seem to have seen the same movies as you or somthing.." he stated with a confused shrug,
"Because unless you're talking about that weird compass movie, or some new computer game, I really don't have much of an idea what alchemy is.. and.." he chuckled.

"I've certainly never seen anyone with wings!" it unnerved him slightly that she looked so earnest.. it had to be some movie, she must have him confused with somone else.. he didn't recognise her, so maybe she was just new and thought he was one of the friends she had made recently..?
"Now, are you lost..? I can help you get back to campus if you need.." he stated, trying to be kind/

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 AM

"I was a moment ago, but now I'm not so sure...' Violet admitted, shaking her head. How was it that she could not even feel magic at all right now? Magic was everywhere... right? She paused.

"Movies?" she asked. "Computer game... now I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean..." she replied earnestly." Her eyes widened a slight, when he mentioned he had never seen someone with wings. Back where she had come from, wings were really commonplace. So... what happened then? Was this really a... a new world? An alternate one? Her Uncle had mentioned such things before but she had not paid full attention. Now she wished she had!

"Campus? Well I was at my Uncle's Alchemy Academy..." but I think," she said hesitantly, "That I might be in another world." She looked at him, inhaling deeply. "And if hat is true, you must be thinking I am the craziest person you've ever met!" She laughed softly, although in truth the girl was terrified of this strange new place.

Can you tell me where I am? Maybe I can somehow go from tehre." She started digging in her pockets, before pulling out a handful of gems. Rubies, sapphires... opals even and diamonds. "They're worthless back home, but maybe I can sell these for a good lunch?" she asked, curious. "Once I've had lunch maybe I can clear my head a bit, figure out a course of action..."

Los. She was completely and utterly lost. But she had always promised herself she would not cry. Never. Although, right now, she really wanted to.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM

This was all definately very strange and it almost certainly had to be a dream now. Pretty young women didn't just tell you they'd come from another world.. what other world..? Was she an Alien? no... This alchemy thing? What was that all about..? And the wings she'd mentioned before? One thing however didn't make sense, if this was all a crazy dream then why wasn't he waking up? His dreams never actually managed to end up being this interesting..

"Well, You're on earth, if thats what you mean.." Jayden stated, he didn't really know what to tell her as such,
"And uh.." his eyes went a little wide at the sight of the gems she tugged out of her pocket..
"Uh.. well... thats not exactly how we pay for things around here, though I can tell you you'd get a lot more than just lunch for that little hoard you have there.." he shook his head,

"No.. uh.. hmm.. tell ya what, I'll shout you for lunch for now.." even if she was crazy she needed to eat... and she certainly didn't seem to get their money system..
"And after that we'll try and work out whats going on okay?" If he was being taken for a ride at least he wouldnt show himself up to be a mean-ass, he'd help her if she needed it as much as she seemed to right now.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-20-2008, 11:48 PM

"Oh thank you!" Violet replied, bowing her head towards him. "I appreciate it a lot! It is still just so weird! I mean a world without magic... it just seems naked!" She nodded then, brushing a bit of grass from her outfit. An outfit that still was getting quite a few stares.

"Really?" she asked, when he mentioned about the jewels. "Back home, these are used as focus tool for magic. They're pretty abundant and we can always create more. It's hard to imagine them being worth anything..." She smiled once more, her green eyes bright again.

"Thank you sir, so, shall we get lunch then? Maybe you can tell me about this world while we do?" Without magic... she felt quite weak and powerless. How did people defend themselves around here? What tools did they use? If they did not have magic then how did they live their day to day lives? So many questions...

She appreciated this man's help, andthat made her realize soemthing then. She blinked, facepalming a moment before looking back at him. "Oh man, I completely forgot my manners!" She curtsied then before her companion, head bowed. "My name is Violet Arensu de Tilimat, please, call me Violet! And yours kind Sir?" It was funny, how she kept slipping between formal speech and informal speech. Her uncle had been drilling the formal speech into her constantly, whereas due to her age she tended to lapse into informal. Oh she hoped this young man would not find her rude now...

She really had noone else to depend on right now!

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 01:16 AM

Jayden smiled slightly at the girl again,
"Naked huh..? Seems pretty normal to me, I can't really imagine what it would be like to have magic around though.." he looked thoughtful for a momen, he chould probably think of finding out a change of clothes for his slightly strangely dressed new friend, it certainly wouldnt go amiss as she really was getting a few weird looks right about now.

"The gems here are used for Jewellery.. and you have to dig them out of the ground, and they're not that easy to find so they tend to sell for a lot of money, you might want to keep them hidden away for the most part, or the cops might think you robbed somone or somthing.. you look about my age I think and most college kids certainly don't have a fortunes worth of gems in their back pockets..." he paused,
"As far a slunch goes I think I'll just take you to a sandwitch shop on the other side of the park, most people eat on campus so its usually pretty quiet there.. god.. hang on... what do you even like to eat..?" He'd only just thought of that.. were they even likely to have any of the same types of food here..? He could only hope so... did she even know what a sandwich was...?

"Violet huh..?" Jayden asked as she introduced herself, thinking that he should probably have done that himself before now,
"Thats quite a few names you've got to go with it.. can't say I've ever heared any of them, though they sound a little french.." he smiled,
"I'm Jayden HIll, but Jay'll do if you like, I'm not really that fussed.." he smiled at her, a friendly lazy smile,
"You really don't need to mind your manners with me, I'm not gonna tell you off for it or anything.." he held out an arm to her, thinking not for the first time that it was lucky he wasn't shy, and that he found new people fairly easy to talk to...
"Shall we then..?" He gestureedoff across the park.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2008, 01:55 AM

"That's almost sad..." Violet replied with a frown. "Magic is really wonderful! It is like a warm tingling in your soul, as close to you as your blood or your breath. It is very much a element, the fifth element," she replied. "It is how we live day to day life. From locking a door, to picking a good book, or even just to change clothing, all one needs is a dash of magic," she added, making it very clear just how much her world really had run on magic!

"Oh... alright the" she replied, sticking the shining gems back into her pockets. "Robbed? For these?" she asked, a brow raised. "I'd... I'd laugh but I have a feeling you're right..." She shook her head. "Such a strange world this one is..." She blinked a moment.

"Ah! Sandwiches? That would make a fine lunch, we have those back home as well! Meat, cheese, bread, and whatever else is in the ice chest to throw in right?" In her world, it was usually a way to get rid of strange leftovers. "Tell me, do they have batwings in them as well here? Those tend to give my sandwich a bit more crunch than I would like..." She smiled brightly once more.

"Jay then, and alright! I might as well enjoy the sights while I am here, try to learn a few things right?" she asked. Question was though she mused... just how long would that be? Would she need to learn a new trade... somehow not magic related while she lived here? And if so... what? Oh so many strange and new things here, thank goodness for Jay! he felt confident he would help her out. And it put her stressed out mind at ease.

But how would one get home without magic? Perhaps... she thought... perhaps in that case this might be her new home for awhile...

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 PM

"We lock door's with Keys..." Jay told Violet with a small smile, he still wasn't convinced that this wasn't a nutty dream.. he had had a cream cheese bagel before going to sleep last night... but he supposed for now he'd just have to go along with it...
"I'm afraid we do everything the.. uh.. slow way around here, and we don't fly either.. well, not without machinery..." hmm, this was going to be hard, he was going to have to teach her everything if she was going to be here for a while, or risk her being carted off to a crazy house, and he really didn't want to see that happen to her.

"I don't think you need to worry about bat wings.." his expression showed how much the thought of eating somethings wing, bone and all in a sandwich disturbed him.
"We'll just go for something like.. uh.. chicken salad... or ham and cheese, I dunno, something more... uh.. normal for this world..." he held his arm out to her,
"I think its best if you let me get lunch sorted and do most of the talking to other people for a while, I'll tell them you're my friend from out of town and that you're a little shy, that way if we do bump into any of my friends I can explain it away like that.." he smiled,

"I'm not sure what I'll do with you tonight, but I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something.. so don't you worry, just enjoy yourself as much as you can, and we'll try to work out some way of getting you home again.." he led her towards the building he was aiming for, a quiet little place that did good enough food for a fairly low price, and chances were it would be fairly low on the people front, and that was what he really wanted for now...

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM

"Keys... keys... that word sounds familiar..." Violet said, when her eyes lit up. "AH! I remember that word! Uncle mentioned it once during an Ancient History course!" she replied, quite pleased with herself for having remembered. "They used to use them as a means to lock up cabinets and spellbooks back in what we called the Drought. It was before my Uncle, or even his Uncle's time though..." she added.

"Slow way... you mean by hand?" she asked, tilting her head. "And.... what is machinery exactly?"

She noted his expression, blinking with curiosity. as bat wing really considered gross here? It was a staple back home, used for texture! She took his offered hand, sticking close. Everything, right down to the food, was strange and different here! "Okay, good plan!" she replied, nodding. "I am thinking the more I say, the more nuts I must sound huh?" she asked, shaking her head.

"Sorry, it must all be a horrible bother. I just... I'm really lost. This place is like the opposite of where I have been, you know? I mean I am sure it is cool and fascinating... but it is also quite scary," she admitted, waving her free hand. "See... no sparks at all..."

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Jay smiled at his strange companion,
"I will admit a lot of what you're telling me is astoundingly hard to believe, and even harder to actually make sense of, but I guess as far as it goes, I believe you.. you'd have to be really mad to be making this sort of thing up and... well, going out dressed like that just to make it convincing would certainly be more of an effort that I'd be willing to make, so.. until something proves it otherwise, I'm on your side here.." he gave her hand a small squeeze,
"but as far as it goes I think a lot of the people I know around here would think you were pretty mad.. yeah, so till we have a better plan I think its best to keep them in the dark about it all.. on which note... you're going to need something more... normal.. and maybe less.. Gothic animé to wear... oh, don't worry if you don't know what I mean by that.. its.. well... its tv and you probably don't know that either..." this was really going to take some doing...
"And yeah, I do mean by hand.. we do have some things to help us... that's what machinery is, gadgets... I guess I'll show you some at some point... I could take you back to mine for the night I guess..." he was half talking to himself as he tried to work out what to do about his new friend. With a smile at her as they reached the cafe Jay pushed the door open and lead Violet over to a table that he usually liked to sit on, as he'd hoped the place was mostly empty which definitely made for easier talking as the owner was mostly deaf himself and unlikely to be really interested in them anyway. For someone who ran a cafe near the campus he sure wasn't fond of the younger generations.
Reaching out a hand he offered her the menu,
"See if you can read that first off, and if you can, let me know if there's anything you actually know and like on it...?"

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-26-2008, 11:21 PM

"Thanks," she said, truly grateful. "I guess my attire really is strange compared to this world's huh? And to think what I'm wearing back home was considered quite ordinary... we would have thought of your clothes as exotic!" In her world, after all, one did not see too many textiles used in clothing. It was of a rarer type of material, one reserved for but the highest of teachers.

"I am afraid I don't..." she admitted. Gothic anime... she had no idea what either word meant! Why did everything here have to be so confusing anyways?

Once inside the cafe Violet sat down where shown, and relaxed back a slight. "At least your seating here is quite a bit more comfortable!" She commented, used to leather and wood. "Certainly," she replied, looking over the menu. She frowned a slight.

"Thank goodness I took that course in ancient languages.. English right?" she asked, as she read over the menu while translating things in her mind. A few items thankfully had pictures... but there were many items she had no idea about. Hot dog? Hamburger? Philly? She paused in thought, before smiling a slight.

"This looks really good," she said, pointing towards the philly. "Is that cheese?" she asked then. "Or cream? Either way, piled on top of meat and bread it looks wonderful! I would like to try this, and those... fry things it comes with. I am not sure what fries are but they look good too! Uhm... do you guys have hot tea here to drink?" she asked, tilting her head a slight. "As for a drink, how about the Budweiser... that sounds good!" she added, unaware of what beer even was. She knew it as ale, or hopscotch back home.