Full Name: Nicole Lynn Finch

Place of Birth: New York

Family: Joseph -Father, deceased- Kayleigh -Mother, alive-

Height: 5'5

Weight: 125

Hair: Brown with dark red highlights

Eyes: Blue

Any distinguishing features : Her dark red highlights
Clothes: Her clothes mainly consist of jeans and whatever colour shirt she decides to wear that day.

Abilities: Nicole can fly, and she can throw energy balls. The energy balls vary in color and size. She can generally make them whatever color, strength, and size she wants. The energy balls can be used to 'ping' someone, to get their attention. The more energy put into them, the more dangerous they can become, potentially able to kill someone, if enough strength is put in.

Weakness: Psycological weakness: She hates, and is afraid of water, seeing as her father drowned in a lake. Power weakness: The more energy she puts into an energy ball, the more it saps her strength as well. If she were to put enough energy into one, it could sap her life away.

Skills: Great at gymnastics, though mostly 'show' stuff.

History: Nicole was born and raised in the suberbs of New York. A small little neighborhood, a bit outside the popular side of New York. For years she lead a normal life a teenage girl would lead. Striving to be popular in school, trying to get guys to like her. At the age of twelve, during the summer, her and her parents both went out to the lake to camp out for a week. Well things went smoothly for the first few days, but then on the fourth day, disaster struck.
Her father went swimming, he was swinging on a rope swing about to jump into the water when he hit his head on the tree branch above. He was knocked out cold, and he fell into the lake. Nobody got to him in time, and he drowned. This left a mental scar on Nicole. From then on, she was scared to go near bodies of water, and she still is to this day. She's never been able to get over her fathers death, and she thinks about him every day.

Fast forward three years. During a gymnastics competition is when her powers came to be. She was doing her whole routine, and when she jumped into the air, she didn't come back down, and everyone was in awe at her. Though there were 'haters' in her school from that day forward, most of them tolerated her.
It was a few days later when her force blasts manifested, and she knocked her whole wall out in her room.
A few weeks passed, and things went sort of well, though she could tell her mother wasn't a huge fan of her powers, she treated her totally different. She was snippy, quiet around her, etc.

Well one day as she was walking home from school, when she found saw a pamphlet on the ground, advertising a 'school for the gifted'. It didn't take her long to decide that it was where she belonged. So she went home, packed her bags, and left her mom a note saying she was leaving, and that it was for the best.

Personality: Nicole generally likes having a fun time, and loves to be goofy. She loves making jokes, making people laugh, and just overall having fun. It's really not easy to make her mad, and even then, she'll forgive and forget easily- unless it's something MAJOR.

Dislikes: Self haters, wrestling, rude people.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Heya James ^_^

---

Bio

Full Name: Sha'uri Wilson

Nickname: Charlie

Place of Birth: Cairo, Egypt

Family: Jake -Father- Akila -mother- Darius -brother-

Height: 5'8"

Hair: Long black hair to her waist

Eyes: Dark brown, almost black at first glance.

Any Distinguishing features: A scar on her inside elbow.

Clothes: She will wear whatever she feels like, from ripped jeans to beautiful dresses. However she will always wear her gold Sekhmet Pendant and several bangles.

Abilities: Thermokinesis
The ability to control the temperature of liquids. While not able to actually make fire Charlie can set things on fire if she heats the water molecules in the air around something enough. She usually has a lot of control over her ability but every so often it will get out of control, usually when she gets very emotional.

Weaknesses: Charlie is scared of intamacy. Close friends, family, relationships...It scares her.

Skills: She is an excellent fighter, both in hand to hand combat and with swords. Plus she can belly dance.

History: Charlies mother was born and raised in Egypt which is where her parents met during one of her fathers vacations. The two got married after a whirlwind romance, but Akila insisted on having her children in Cairo, the land she had grown up in and so the two came back for the birth of Sha'uri and Darius. Here she stayed until she felt strong enough to move back to America, where the twins grew up together.

Jake Wilson worked as an exacutive in a large buisness and so Akila could afford to be a stay at home mom and housewife,. She sent her children to a rather large and rather private school but taught them both for an hour every day. Sha'uri was taught the art of belly dance and Darius was taught how to wield a sword.

However, a lot of people had trouble pronouncing Sha'uris name and so she was given the closest sounding Western name as a childish nickname. It stayed with her as she grew up and people learnt her name. She now thinks of both as her real names. She recieved a scar on the inside of her elbow when she first started to dance with a sword, this led to a trip to the ER and quite a few unusual looks.

Her ability first developed when she was 13. She came back from the ER and her father was understandably upset about the incident and banned her from ever doing something so "irresponsable ever again." She got very upset and this took the form of the entire room heating up as she was shouting at him and the curtains bursting into flame.

Her mother called the power "The gift of Sekhmet." And said that all women in her family had the ability to heat things with their mind, but never to that degree. From that day on she helped Sha'uri learn to control her power and taught her the mythos behind the gift of Sekhmet. Her father heard about the school for the gifted and signed Sha'uri up. He almost signed Darius up for it too, but was eventually persuaded that Darius was not gifted.

Personality: Charlie loves beauty and mythology and people. She often wanders around just absorbing things in a daydream or haze. A lot of people seem to think she lives in a fantasy world, or is stuck up. She really doesn't care though. She loves life and the beauty held within it.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 PM

Nicole let out a sigh. It had been days since she had ran away from home to find the school she had read about in the pamphlet. She repositioned her backpack into a more comfortable position as she walked. It had taken some tracking down, but she had finally found the address to the school in the pamphlet.

The only problem that she forsaw was that the school had to be payed for- if it did, she was screwed. She hoped that she could at least stay there long enough to get food and a shower, and maybe persuade them to let her stay permanently.

She was on a fairly deserted street, only a few people in cars passed, occasionally bikers rode by. It was also a fairly wooded area. She wondered if the school was in a secluded place on purpose, or if she was just thinking too much.

She took a turn at the end of the street and was met with the site of a large iron gate. She looked through the bars and at the end of a fairly long path, sat a large, brick building. The grounds were impressive, and the school was huge.

She had finally made it. After days of tracking, days of hardly any food, she had found the place she was looking for. She pushed the gays open, and began walking up the path towards the school.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Several steps led up to the the schools main doors, a few students trickled up and down them, heading to lessons but one girl sat absently by herself on the top step, gazing out across the grounds whilst her fingers played absently over the gold lion head of her beaded pendant.

The gates opened startling here out of her reverie. Very few people came and went from the school other than the students and teachers themselves and they were all in classes or doing whatever it was that teachers did when not in class. She was only exampt from her class because she had felt unwell and had come outside for some fresh air.

As the girl got closer Charlie tilted her head. She'd never seen this one before and had no idea what she would be doing here. So she called out a greeting. "Hello?" Her voice was laced with a very light Egyptian accent but was pleasent and inviting none the less.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Nicole hadn't been paying attention to anything except the surrounding grounds. She had been to parks and woods, but the campus was more impressive than the pamphlets picture.
She was broken out of her daze when the voice of another caught her ears.
She looked up at the steps leading up to the school to see another girl sitting on the top step.

Nicole pointed to herself, unsure if the girl had been calling to her, before realizing that they were pretty much the only ones left outside. Hesitantly, Nicole hurried up the steps and stopped a few steps below the girl.
"Uh, Hi," Nicole said quietly. "I don't know if I'm like, trespassing or not, but...Well, I saw a pamphlet that talked about this place, and I thought that it sounded like I belonged here."

She took in a breath, letting the girl take in what she had said before continuing, "I...I don't know if I have to pay to be here, I mean...I hadn't thought of that until just recently, but I'm in a really tight spot. I have nowhere else to go, and...I must sound really, really stupid, and must be rambling like crazy, but...Well- I'm sorry, I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Nicole."

She held out her hand for the other girl to shake, "I must sound crazy, don't I?" She asked with a small laugh.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Charlie smiled and stood up taking Nicoles hand in her own. "I'm Sha'uri Wilson, but you can call me Charlie. What kind of gift have you got?" She asked motioning for Nicole to follow her. "I'll take you to the heads office I'm sure she'll answer your questions better than I could." Her skin had been unusally warm but by the end of her welcome it had cooled down to a normal temperature.

A few years ago Charlie had learnt that a fever was the bodies way of curing itself of bugs, and so the next time she had fealt unwell she had simply heated her body temperature and given herself a "fever" to cure it. Suprisingly it had worked and now that was her way of doing things. "The schools always open to potential students. Even if it does charge I'm sure arrangements can be made." She added as she walked through the large front doors and into a wood pannelled hallway. A large staircase lay infront of them and it was this Charlie headed towards. "The heads office is upstaires."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2008, 11:48 PM

Nicole followed Charlie into the school, eager to meet the person in charge of everything. When questioned of her gift, Nicole hesitated a moment before shrugging it off. She was among friends, it didn't hurt to tell Charlie.
"Well, I actually have two," She said, "The first one is flight. It happened during a gymnastics routine. I jumped, but didn't come back down. Of course, most people were afraid, and people normally don't like what they fear, so...As you can imagine, there were some haters."

"I tolerated them, though. But it was my second power that really drove things over the edge. I can create energy balls, and they tend to go off at random, when I reach for something, or point. I can't control them much." She lifted up her hand, palm up, and an orange ball of swirly energy appeared in the palm of her hand.
She closed her fist and the energy went away. "I don't mind the flight, but the energy balls are annoying when they come out at random."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 PM

Charlie smiled and nodded "Don't worry too much about it, A lot of people come here with no control over their powers, they leave with almost, if not complete control of them." She said reassuringly."The staff here are pretty good at that sort of thing."

They paused outside the second door at the top of the stairs and Charlie knocked lightly on it. "This is the heads office." She told Nicole before a womans voice called them in. Opening the door Charlie announced "This is Nicole, she wants to be a student here."

The middle aged woman sat behind the oak desk at the other end of the room nodded and motioned for Nicole to enter. Charlie didn't move. "I'll wait outside unless you want me to come in with you." She offered.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 AM

Nicole listened as Charlie explained some things, and soon they head reached the headmasters office. She took a step into the room and realized Charlie wasn't planning on coming in with her. She backed up and grabbed hold of Charlie's arm. "Please come with me?" She whispered, "People in charge freak me out, and you know her more than I do!"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 AM

Charlie nodded and entered the office. "I was feeling ill, I went outside for a breath of fresh air when I saw Nicole." Charlie explained to the head as she stepped inside, closing the door after them. She figured she'd only be asked about it later anyway.

The head nodded and motioned to the seats in front of the desk. "Welcome to my school, Nicole." She greeted Nicole warmly. Here we take great pride in encouraging our students to use and control their gifts. Many students fear and hate what they have discovered and we try to help our students over come that with patience and control." She smiled warmly. "As well as offering the opportunity to be around others with similar problems and abilities. What are your abilities by the way?"

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 02:01 AM

Nicole took a seat in front of the headmistress and listen as she explained things. She had a few questions, but thought it best to wait until the woman was finished speaking. Upon being questioned on her powers again, she said, "Well as I told Charlie, I can fly. That was the first power to appear. A few days later, my other power came up."

She once again lifted the palm of her hand up, and a purple sphere of swirling energy appeared in her hands. She closed her fist and it went away.

"They're energy balls. They tend to come out at random. That also makes me fear flying too high. I haven't tested my flying ability too much, as I don't want to get too high and suddenly fall. I don't think I'm ready for an iron bottom," She laughed, before realizing that it probably wasn't an appropriate time to make jokes. She coughed and looked down. "Sorry."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 AM

Charlie laughed and the head smiled too. "I'm glad you still have a sense of humour. I met one girl who couldn't control her powers and it took years for her to be able to laugh about it. Don't worry. Humour is good, and I'm sure we have some flyers with us who would be willing to hold your hand." She smiled.

"Do you have any questions my dear? I see you're not with your parents so perhaps you would like to tell me everything."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 AM

Nicole smiled, glad to see she hadn't done wrong. She cleared her throat before starting her story.

"Well you see, I kind of ran away from home. I'll start from the beginning. My powers manifested at school, during my gymnastics routine, I jumped up and didn't come back down. Everyone thought it was freaky, and of course there were some haters. for the most part, I was tolerated. I was okay with it though, I never really fit in anyway, what was one freaky occurance?"

She waited for the head to take it in before continuing, "It was when the energy balls manifested that things got worse- mostly at home. They would come out when I would reach out for my soda, or to open a door. There's a hole in my wall because of them. My mom just couldn't take it.

She just was kind of snippy, and didn't talk to me much. See, my dad died a few years ago, and it's been just us, so I really wasn't used to being treated so poorly. I know she honestly didn't mean it deep inside, but I felt that I needed to go, so when I found the pamphlet to this place, I thought that it was perfect. So when I went home that day, I packed my bags, left a note, and left.

It took me a few days to track this place down- as you can see I'm a little dirty. It hadn't crossed my mind that I'd probably have to pay to come here...I just have nowhere else to go. If there's anyway I can stay- at least for a few days, I'd be very happy."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 AM

The head nodded and opened a drawer. "I think it would be best if you stayed here." She agreed "At least until you learn to control your powers. Do not worry about the money. I will sort something out. If your mom cannot pay then I do have some spaces for those who need them. I will never turn away a student who needs our help, especially when they are willing to ask for it." She pulled out a form and placed it on the desk, facing Nicole. "However, I do need for you to fill this in, including your moms details." She smiled and placed a pen down.

Standing up she added "I will be calling your mom but now I am going to find a study plan. I seem to have run out. I shall be back in a moment.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 AM

Nicole nodded as she took the form and watched the headmistress leave the room. She picked up the pen and began looking the form up and down.
A few seconds later, she turned to face Charlie. "She's really nice, why didn't you tell me I had nothing to fear?" She asked, grinning. "I'm so glad I get to stay...I mean, I expected to be kicked out, not welcomed with open arms."

She looked back down at the form and began filling in her name, birthdate before starting on the personal information. "I'm sure my mom won't mind paying. Do you know how much is costs, though?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 AM

Charlie ssmiled "I'm sorry. I didn't know whether it costs or whether you'd be accepted, I didn't want to raise your hopes if the answer was no." She said simply. "I don't know how much it costs though.I've never really thought about it." She admitted "I'm sure it's not as much as other private schools though. A lot of students here have never been private before so it has to be a managable ammount." She shrugged as the head returned.

Taking a seat she offered across a paper folder. "This has your schedual, a list of teachers names and what they teach, a map of the school and her grounds and of course your room number. Any dietry needs of medical problems you mention on your form will also be catered to. "Charlie, would you show Nicole around until she is used to the school?"

Charlie nodded "Alright."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 AM

Nicole took the folder from the headmistress and handed her the now completed form. "Thank you very much," She said, looking at the headmistress. "I really appreciate that you're letting me stay. As I told Charlie, I'm sure my mom won't mind paying."

She got up from her seat and turned to Charlie, "Shall we go tour the school now? I can't wait to see everything- oh and-," She turned to the headmistress once more, "When you talk to my mom, please tell her I miss her, and am sorry for running away like I did."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 AM

The head nodded "Of course I will dear." She replied. Would you like me to ask her to bring anything for you?" She asked warmly.

Charlie rose to her feet and nodded, heading out into the hallway. She smiled and whispered "Heads like a mom." The head didn't seem to hear her. Simply looked down at the form.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 AM

"Oh, No" She said, returning the smile to the headmistress. "I got everything I need in my backpack." Give the woman a small wave, she closed the door behind her as she went out into the hallway after Charlie.

"I can tell I'm already going to love it here, the headmistress is incredibly nice." She was in a great mood, despite what she's been through recently.

"So where to first," She asked, looking at Charlie. "Like I said, I can't wait to see the place, it looked really nice on the outside, I can only imagine what the rest of the place will be like."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 AM

What room are you in? We should probably deposit your bags first?" She suggested. "The first corridor at the top of the staires are offices, then it's the infirmary and then bedrooms." She added.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 AM

"Oh, um," She looked down at the papers she was given, searching for her room number. "Room 12," She replied. "And yeah, my bag's pretty heavy, I probably should drop it off."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 AM

Charlie nodded "You're in my room then." She smiled and headed off down the hall. "Teachers offices have names on them." She motioned to the doors "So it's pretty easy to find them. The infirmary says what it is too." She motioned towards a closed door that said infirmary on the door. Then turned the corner of the corridor and motioned to the other doors sprawling out before them. "Theres a lot of rooms. I haven't gone off exploring how many, but the student body is several hundred." She explained.

She opened the door with a gold number five on it "This is our room. The cluttered side is obviously my bed the tidy empty side is yours." She smiled "Boys have an infirmary and rooms at the other side. Along with male staff offices." She shrugged.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 AM

Nicole followed Charlie into their room, thankful to be having her as a roommate. Even though they had just met, she had already started liking Charlie.

She walked over to her side of the room, looking at the room, grinning. It was huge- well, huge to her. Larger than he room at home.
She did a running jump on her bed, squeeling with delight. "I love it already!" She exclaimed, pushing her backpack off of her shoulder onto the bed.

"It's like...Amazing. So much bigger than my room at home, I love it!"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 07:27 AM

Charlie smiled, laughing slightly as she replied "I'm glad you like it." She sat on the end of her own bed and added "You can decorate with posters or photos or whatever, they're really good about that here. Apparently having abilities is stressful enough without having to feel like your in a prison." She rolled her eyes. "I think it's a safe bet to say no one could mistake it as a prison."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 07:38 AM

"Yeah, No way. If it was a prison, the headmistress would totally be mean," She said, sitting up and unzipping her Backpack. She reached in and pulled out a small framed photo of her, her mom, and her dad. She sat it down and stared at it for a few minutes.

"Those are my parents," She said, motioning to the picture. "It was taken just before we went on the camping trip where my dad died, we're in front of the car."

She smiled at the picture. "Just so you don't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't hurt to talk about it," She said. "I love my dad, and in a way he's with me always."