I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
Yumeh
!

Welcome! As the title says, this is a hangout for fans of Yumeh, which will hopefully lead to Menewsha's favorite feline gracing us with his presence at some point.

Yumeh's presence has been rather limited at past events, so perhaps if all of us pamper him enough this Christmas, he'll want to show up more. We've got lots of soft blankets to curl up on, catnip, cat treats, and even some fresh (cooked) fish - plenty of enticements. And if that weren't enough, we've got plenty of string, balls, and crinkly wrapping paper to play with! (Fish, steamed veggies, cookies, and hot chocolate available for the human visitors as well.)

Meanwhile, people can chat, share cat stories (your own cats, friend's cats, Yumeh, other fictional cats, etc.), and have fun.

Follow the TOS - don't make me spell out rules.

Last edited by Shimawa_zen; 12-24-2008 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Added Yumeh art

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 11:53 AM

I have never seen Yume for real on here, but I love cats, have 3 myself, so I sure hope he will drop by soon! So I can pet him and feed him some fishies!

Do you have cats Shimawa_zen?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM

I've never come across Yumeh when he was active - I've only seen a few posts after he left.

My cat died in July of this year actually, and I miss her a lot. My family still has 3 cats (including the sister of my kitty). I won't be seeing any of them this Christmas though because I'm spending a semester abroad (Japan).

So I'll put my hope in Yumeh for a feline-Christmas.

What kinds of cats do you have?

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 12:11 PM

I have a red tabby male cat, a black and white male cat, and a female patches cat (<if that is how it is called in English XD)

Awe I am sorry to hear your cat died. =( What sort of cat was it like.

So you are in Japan now? Wow I have always wanted to go there. =D I hope you have people there around you to spend the holidays with.

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 12:20 PM

What country are you from? What is your native language?

My cat was the quiet and sweet kind - a good companion, and very smart. She would figure out what we were talking about regardless of the language we were using, and even if we tried spelling key words - nothing got past her. She also loved curling up and cuddling with me while I was reading, etc. Very shy to strangers, but very warm to those that she was close to.

I'm going to spend Christmas with a bunch of other international students - we are having a Christmas party at our dorm. We are having a pot luck and a secret santa - should be lots of fun.

How are you spending the holidays?

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM

I am from the Netherlands.

Your cat sounds really sweet.
Cats are always so smart, though my red one can be really dumb at times but it is so cute when he is. XD

Well I have to work during christmas, but I will also visit my parents and in laws. ^^

I hope the xmas party your going to will be a blast.

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Ah, the Netherlands is on my travel dreams list - I'll make it someday. I haven't made it to Europe yet, but I'll save up for a trip after I graduate and get a job.

I have classes on Christmas, but winter break will start the following day at least. The Christmas party should be fun. I always like how you can try many different things at a potluck. Secret Santa's are fun too - I hope we get to try to guess who our gift is from - that's always part of the fun for me.

What kind of job do you do?

Some cats can be both smart and stupid at the same time. One of my family's cats "stupid" moments tend to come from his clumsy moments though - although he doesn't always learn from his mistakes. Such as running full tilt until he hits wood flooring, only to slip and ram into the door - on multiple occasions. This from the same cat who has figured out how to open cabinet doors so he can get into trouble inside.

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Yes true, cats are smart and stupid at the same time lol my cat drinks water with his paw, he puts his paw in the water then licks it lol it is so funny.

Secret santa is funny, we also do that every year with my in laws.

It's cool to hear that someone who lives abroad would want to go to Holland. ^^ Where do you live by the way?

Oh and I am a nurse, so work goes on, anytime. ^^

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 PM

Shimawa, I'm sorry about your cat. DX

DistortedBrwain, your cat does that, too? :O Mine is the only one I've ever seen do that. *has six cats*

*has seen Yumeh after he leaves* But I always manage to miss him.... :sweat:

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Word: That is funny. I also thought my cat was the only one. XD

Wow you have 6 cats, awesome! =D What sort of cats are they?

And does anyone have pictures of Yumeh? It would be cool if we posted those in here, and maybe I could make a banner with them. ^^ Or try to draw him or idk. ^^

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 12-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Two black cats, one striped cat, one tortoise-shell cat, one dark grey cat, and one creamy cat with stripes. :whew: Two of them are really thin, two are really fat, one wants to be fat, and the other is.... Average size, I guess. XD (We used to have another really fat cat--he was very sweet--but he died a few months ago.)

Almost all of them ADORE the Christmas tree. What about yours?

I think the only picture of Yumeh that I can remember is his avatar... *thinks*

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM

is the pic of Yumeh in the first post of this topic his avatar?

Awe, they all sound cute. Chubby cats are cute =3
I don't have a real christmas tree, so I don't know how they would respond to it, I bet they would love it. I just have 3 small fake ones on top of some drawers in the living room XD

Sorry to hear on of your cats died. =( it is never fun to lose a pet, but as long as you know he/she had a good life with me I always find it easier to accept it. ^^

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks. That usually does help--or when you know it's coming. :sweat: It kind of came out of nowhere.

Yeah; that's Yumeh. He's a violent kitty. XD

We have a fake tree--but one of the big ones. They're always trying to knock off the ornaments--or to climb it. Only one of them is small enough to do that without knocking it over, though.

I kind of think that all cats might be cute. *has never seen one that isn't*

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Ow, when it comes out of nowhere it sure is a shock. My bf had a cat that was run over by a car, every bone in hisbody was broken and he had a pierced lung and more. he was still alive when they found him, but they knew they couldnt save him, so it came as a shock too,and to know the cat had suffered so much, that is the saddest part.

Yes all cats are cute! Well...the naked cats sort of creep me out though, I prefer them to be furry. XD

Nowadays balls arent made of glass anymore, so that is a good thing. Not so bad if your cat climbs in the tree that way XD My in laws have a red tabby too, he doesnt even pay attention to the tree.

Awe, Yumeh's avi is really cute. I wanna cuddle him! He is violent? O_o what does he do?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Yes, the pic of Yumeh at the top is his avatar. I might add some other pics later, but I figured that was a good start at least. You are certainly welcome to contribute as well! More the merrier!

Aw, drinking water from the paw sounds cute! I haven't known cats that do that, but one of my family's cats likes to drink water directly from the facet - very cute.

I'm originally from America. I studied abroad in China, and am currently in Japan. After graduation (May) I plan to return to China to work as an English teacher for a year or so before grad school, but I am also interested in traveling to and living in many other countries as well.

When my cats were little, we could not keep them out of that Christmas tree. It came crashing down many many times. We were smart though, and hardly put any ornaments on it, and nothing fragile. Cute little mischievous climbers XD

Wow - Wordstreamer has 6 cats? Heh, and my mom thinks three can be a handful some days . . . .

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM

I made a little recording with my phone him drinking it with his paw XD maybe I will put it on Youtube sometime. XD

I cant draw very well, but I do feel like drawing Yumeh soon! I have to go visit my newborn cousin in a mo though, so I am afraid it will have to wait, lol you don't become an aunt everyday right? ^^

What you do is really cool! I always dreamed of doing those things but was too much of a chicken to do so. ^^ So does it mean you can speak japanese and Chinese as well? =D

yeah cats are mischievous hehe that is why I like them I think. XD

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 12-24-2008, 01:32 PM

He tends to scratch people a lot.... Attack things (like the Ghost Kitties) randomly.... But he also usually likes attention.

I think.

Ah. DX That's really unfortunate. My friend had a dog who just decided to attack her cat one day. She isn't sure why; she got back and found the cat--and had locked her keys in the car, so she couldn't get to the vet in time for anything. XP And the same thing wound up happening to the cat's kittens.

We spray the tree with citrus-scented stuff.... That usually keeps them away from it for a while. The ornaments are all plastic or little plush things (on the bottom, specifically so that the cats have ornaments to play with). Six is definitely a lot--it would've been five, but I found a stray a few months ago and couldn't keep it in my dorm... :sweat: (He was very noisy.)

But even naked cats are cute in a.... Furless way....

That sounds fun. I'd love to travel a lot. Where else do you want to go? :O

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM

Congratulations on becoming an aunt! That is exciting! Girl or boy?

I'm not yet fluent in either Chinese or Japanese, but I'm working on it. I've been studying Chinese for 3 1/2 years, and started Japanese a year later. As for where else I want to go - pretty much everywhere, but some places are higher on my list than others. Some of the things that are high on my list at the moment are traveling around Europe by train (and visiting some people I know along the way), India, and Thailand. I'm going to have to save up for awhile first though.

My cat's death was sudden too, but in a less violent way. She had an infection in her liver, but unfortunately cats have a tendency to try to hide illness until it was too late to save her. I was a continent away at the time, so I didn't get to say good-bye.

Cats tend to hate citrus smells. My sister's cat also hates bananas and lavender oil.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 12-24-2008, 01:49 PM

Bye, Distorted. Congratulations. :)

That sounds fun. :O The traveling part, specifically.

My cats all seem to hate it--and one of them adores vinegar. I'm not sure why. But there was some out a few months ago and he started rolling in it and rubbing himself all over it. It was a little strange.

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 PM

I am still here. ^^ Have to go after I posted though.

It is a girl, her name is Nika. ^^ I wish I could type some more but my bf is saying we have to go lol

Hope to talk to you guys later. I had fun talking to you! =D

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Aww. Come out and play, Yumeh!

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 02:08 PM

DistortedBrwain - Goodbye! And congrats again!

twizted child eve - Yeah, I hope he'll come out and play too. Do you have any cats of your own?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 01:38 AM

Please excuse the double post, but it would be nice to revive this topic.

Merry Christmas everyone! How have your holidays been going?

Also, added a Yumeh pic I made to the beginning of the first post - enjoy!

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 AM

That's definitely a cute edit. :O

My holiday's been alright--I'm a little overheated right now, though, and VERY sick of all of the ice. :sweat: What about yours?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 03:05 AM

Thanks - I'm glad it turned out so well^^

We started getting snow sprinkles this morning, but I hope it doesn't last - I don't like snow/cold weather.

Holidays have been going alright. Had a pot luck and secret santa, so got rather stuffed from way too much good food.